Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 10:03 AM

Dec 2021
Aww, Rooney ought to look after C018, and Warumono should finally get himself a pet panda.

C018 struggles to find meaning in their existence. They plead with Rooney to destroy their useless self, but Rooney eagerly anticipates welcoming C018, unusually cheerful. A young oak tree spirit eagerly awaits reunion with a cherry blossom girl. This year, he practices confessing his feelings repeatedly. As cherry blossoms start to bloom, the time for reunion with the cherry blossom girl arrives. During a holiday outing, Warumono encounters Red once again. Just as they prepare for battle, Red surprises them with a gift.

Switched up the ending song for the big finale. No surprise, Warumono picked a panda bed for C018. He still loves pandas, even with a cat. The two kids' story ended nicely - they're both tree spirits now. Cute. I thought the boy was human, but this twist is better. The villain became a wingman. Poor Mr. Intermediary of Spirits, that's his job now. Good thing he saved Red with an umbrella once. Nice repayment from Red, lol. Saw the rangers one last time, fighting the organization. Refreshing change from them just enjoying their days off like usual lol.

Warumono will keep fighting the rangers while still enjoying his days off, of course.

Just a chill feel-good show, gonna miss it. Won't be getting my weekly dose of pandas though. Meh.

Mar 24, 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
Once again, both the OP and ED exchange places for the second and last time, this feels appropriate for the finale.

The story of the cat robot C-018 continues while Warumono is thinking about how to give it care as a pet, it being a reject is not good at all. Despite Rooney having installed it with a GPS to track its movements, it doesn't want to live anymore. But it's not for C-018 to choose, but Warumono...on choosing a bed for it, and he goes for the panda pet bed. Reluctantly, Warumono takes it home...and C-018's fine with it.

Back to the Spring boy who's waiting for the cherry blossom tree to bloom so that he could see the girl again, it didn't bloom. Instead, Warumono respects his conviction by giving him something to eat, and it's also something which the girl likes as well: the Onigiri rice balls. Oh well, wait another year he will, and with that, the cherry blossoms begin to slowly bud. The next is pretty much the same, but with meals for both him and the girl. The only thing he needs to practice: his confession, which she comes with time...except that Warumono is sitting in-between them as an interpreter, like the string telephone. Is he a goddamn 3rd party lols...there's no barrier between both children.

On the streets, Warumono senseing Ranger Akatsuki Red on his day off, and no matter where he goes, Red will always be there somehow with the same loss of direction. Still though, the confrontation between the two can't be stopped, but Red giving him a gift from the umbrella, it's a nice gesture, as well as the Ranger party family sleep portrait. But the good times don't last, for the Evil League confronts the Rangers with all hands on deck.

For all the bad in life, there's the good: a mundane day off to see more pandas and live life to the fullest.

Such a calm and chill slice-of-life, feel good series, easy to enjoy and comforting to watch.
KANLen09Mar 24, 10:19 PM
Mar 24, 11:16 AM

Feb 2021
Oh hey, they changed the OP and ED places again. I think it works better this way.

If you think about it, this cat is literally suicidal.
Aaahhh the part with the tree spirits, or whatever they are, was so WHOLESOME and SWEET AHHHHH I love them

9/10
Loved this. So relaxing and wholesome, and I love literally every character. Amazing how they were able to make this from a manga where most chapters are around 5 pages long. I recommend reading it to everyone too. ...except that they adapted all currently translated chapters (I just checked, not a manga reader). So read it if you know Japanese :p
I want to watch more iyashikei (healing-type) anime now. Thankfully we have Yuru Camp△ Season 3 next season!
EmbientMar 24, 11:20 AM
Mar 24, 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
The ranger design is lackluster or the villain design is just too good?
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Dec 2022
well i really liked this show manily because of the day off and relaxing i can relate
but dude i really want a movie made on those tree spirits they just look soo sweet
and seeing black he looks the opposite of Mr.Villian

anyway i liked this makes me feel relaxed and i need a season 2
Mar 24, 2:15 PM
Aug 2022
Warumono unironically has a killer design for a slice of life character. He belongs in a shonen of something 🤣🤣

I’d say overall comparing this to the obvious other show too cute crisis me personally I prefer Warumono over Liza as an mc and honestly mr villains day of was imo a far better watch. Too cute crisis was great but I feel like it got a bit over the top with Liza gushing over every cute animal she saw.

While with Warumono he’s far less over the top when he sees a panda. The only thing I’d say I like more about too cute crisis was Yozora. He unironically is better than anyone in this show.

Overall a good show 8/10
Mar 24, 2:20 PM
Feb 2022
This ended up being my favorite show of the winter season. Just the right mix of laid back, slice of life and deeper thought-provoking segments, while poking some fun at the super sentai genre. Definitely gonna be going back to read the manga for these.
Mar 24, 3:12 PM

Jan 2010
it was fine, nothing much to say, a fluff anime. The only chapter worth of mention was the rangers chapter.

6/10.
Mar 24, 3:47 PM

Nov 2016
This show was such a relaxing vibe, loved it. Now I'm kinda sad that's over 🥲 Won't expect a second season, but if we get one that would be a very welcome surprise 🤞🏻

7,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 3:56 PM

Feb 2019
Such a cute finale to what was arguably the most wholesome and coziest show of Winter 2024. Really was pure slice of life fluff, something we need more of in this hectic era.

LOVED the segment with the tree spirits using Warumono-san as a pretend telephone operator, passing their feelings on through him. Glad they finally got be honest about their feelings and got a happy end.

Good to see the rangers again in the finale as well and man Warumono’s villain form is too cool for a slice of life show lol. I would love another season of this, doubt we get it tho :/
Marinate1016Mar 24, 4:42 PM
Mar 24, 4:50 PM

Nov 2013
a fun last episode
we got to see a lot of the charas from all the past episodes, including the rangers, the tree couple, the panda kid or the shop people

while this anime was an easy watch, i'll admit that this was too slow on normal speed, being the only anime i ever watched at 2x speed lmao

either way, a decently fun show, watching people bond with animals will never get old (probably)

that being said, i'll rate it a 6/10 and i really wonder if i'd ever watch another season lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 24, 6:56 PM

Sep 2018
Interesting one, for a few episodes there in the middle, I thought the Panda stuff was getting a little stale, but they managed to mix things up and focus on different characters enough, where I finished the show without that sort of mindset anymore. 8/10.
Mar 24, 7:39 PM

Dec 2018
Not bad for a SoL. I'd watch more but I'm not going to despair if no S2. I thought it was a cute show, I like the pandas, the robot cat, and most of all the tree ghosts.
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Nov 2023
The title of the episode - "Somewhere on this planet" looks fitting for the cute love story between the both trees. ♡

Also the rangers finally showed some action and pls. dont disturb our black.

A wonderful anime with wonderful characters comes to an end. But it was a journey to remember :)
PinoffinMar 24, 8:58 PM
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Mar 24, 11:29 PM

Nov 2023
One of my favorites of the season, and the ending was a nice sending off for the series.

Very chill and wholesome, I will miss it.
Mar 25, 5:26 AM

Sep 2023
Overall I thought this anime was just fine, and sometimes even boring. The episode about the Rangers was the only one that was remotely interesting to me. I think that maybe slice-of-life anime isn't my thing.
Mar 25, 6:25 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to SaintCelestian
Overall I thought this anime was just fine, and sometimes even boring. The episode about the Rangers was the only one that was remotely interesting to me. I think that maybe slice-of-life anime isn't my thing.
@SaintCelestian I read your post in the other thread and I wouldn't write off the genre after just one show - especially not this one. In my opinion you really jumped into the 'hardcore' side of SOL with it and it's really not a good introduction or representation.
It did have stretches that definitely were quite boring and I think the reason why is partly because the manga has a lot of very short (just a few pages) barely connected chapters. It probably would have worked better with 5 - 10 minutes long episodes.

I can recommend something like Tamako Market, Non Non Biyori or Yuru Camp. Hyouka or Barakamon are good options too if you want a little bit more of an underlying 'plot'. These generally have a lot more going for them and are way more approachable, imo.
Mar 25, 7:11 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to kelpforest
@SaintCelestian I read your post in the other thread and I wouldn't write off the genre after just one show - especially not this one. In my opinion you really jumped into the 'hardcore' side of SOL with it and it's really not a good introduction or representation.
It did have stretches that definitely were quite boring and I think the reason why is partly because the manga has a lot of very short (just a few pages) barely connected chapters. It probably would have worked better with 5 - 10 minutes long episodes.

I can recommend something like Tamako Market, Non Non Biyori or Yuru Camp. Hyouka or Barakamon are good options too if you want a little bit more of an underlying 'plot'. These generally have a lot more going for them and are way more approachable, imo.
@kelpforest Thank you for the recommendations. I randomly chose this anime to dabble in SoL because I thought the concept was interesting. I'll definitely give the other ones you listed a shot!
Mar 25, 9:41 AM
Feb 2021
I hope we get season 2 soon! This anime is so wholesome and good.
Mar 25, 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
Sweet, relaxing and sometimes relatable anime.

7/10
Mar 25, 10:26 AM
Sep 2022
Love love loved this final episode. Mr. Villain extensively researching cat ownership, the tree spirits reuniting, Black making the picture his phone background. Soooo sweet
Mar 25, 12:42 PM
Apr 2021
Too much tenderness!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Mar 25, 4:18 PM
Dec 2021
Good Anime. vectors
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Sep 2017
Never really thought I'd end up enjoying something like this as much as a I did. It just has the Sunday evening vibe (even tho I'm not watching this on Sunday evening rn but whatever).
Mar 26, 2:30 AM

Aug 2019
I'm so pleased that the tree spirits had their happy ending!

I keep forgetting that they're “enemies” lol

Overall, I had tons of fun watching Mr. Villain enjoying his days off.
Mar 26, 10:50 AM
May 2020
OST by Nobuaki Nobusawa is out and they're just like the anime... So chill, relaxing and heartwarming.

I will keep listening to the music on my day off ;) until season 2 comes out.
l0ck0n00Mar 27, 9:16 PM
Mar 26, 12:21 PM
Sep 2021
Very wholesome and good. Overall 8.45/10. Hope for season 2.
Mar 27, 12:16 AM
Jan 2021
Honestly this might be one of my favorite animes of the season. And i love how the last episode revisited all the characters that we've seen throughout the season. I really hope there is a second season even if the chances might be slim.
CANDY:

Mar 30, 12:09 PM
Feb 2015
Loved the relaxing chill vibes from the show through start to finish, the fighting sequence felt randomly placed in, tho I know they would have it at some point 😂
Will miss the slice of life from this show
Mar 31, 1:14 PM

Jan 2022
This was a good way to end the season! I loved how this went. I wasn't a fan of the anime overall, but this left a positive impact.

I'm glad we got an update with the tree spirits. Are the rice triangles actually fertilizer since they're trees? Lol

Robotic cat even found a "fur"-ever home.

I normally like SoL but this was a very strange one. I don't expect a second season, but I think I would watch it anyways

I liked the little updates on the side characters. His obsession with pandas was a little over the top most of the time so that got annoying pretty fast. I liked the visuals such as the sunsets and the aesthetic of the buildings.

It was really slow for no reason. I watched most of the episodes at least 1.5x speed

Overall, 5/10.
cooldogmomMar 31, 1:17 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 3, 10:48 AM
Mar 2023
Loved it! Masterpiece!
May 25, 7:54 AM

Sep 2020
This was such a wholesome anime I loved it so much and will miss it a lot. Now my cheeks hurt from grinning too much throughout the whole time xd. I really loved the romance between the Sakura girl and the tree spirit boy and the interactions between Mr. Villain and Pink and the Konbini clerk. I really hope season 2 comes out in the future when they have more materials 💖
May 25, 11:30 AM
Apr 2023
Disappointing end to a great series. As cute as robo-kitty and the tree spirits were, I wish they had stuck with the core cast these last two episodes.
May 25, 9:42 PM
Jun 2019
It was really cute!
Jun 1, 4:45 PM
Oct 2022
Cool, I like pandas.
Jun 29, 5:02 AM
Apr 2024
Warumono just showed us that despite being a villian and an alien, he is more human than most humans are. The little acts of kindness he shows throughout the season were a great touch to his character and amazing to see. Just watching him go through everyday life, learning new things about earth was so relaxing and enjoyable to watch. Really looking foward to a second season.

9/10
Endl8ssJun 29, 5:10 AM
Aug 27, 2:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Took me about three and a half weeks but I got here lol, I was going somewhat quickly through anime for a while but the month of August I decided to slow down a bit, and really this is the type of show that’s nice to take slow, it was a great SoL fill that would brighten my day. This final episode was among the best of the show too, it didn’t have many panda gags or feature the convenience store for old time’s sake like I wanted but it was still a great one. The situation with the robot cat was solved wholesomely, the tree spirits had that adorable reunion while using Mr. Villain as a telephone lol, and we got to witness one of those battles between the villains and rangers which we didn’t get much of throughout the show, I do kinda wish the whole episode could have been dedicated to SoL goodness but it is cool to see the Super Sentai aspect of the show every now and then lol.

And at the end we did get to see a lot of the side characters we haven’t seen in a while as the OP played, I really liked that, felt like a proper sendoff to the show despite it having the usual SoL ending where life just goes on. And that was it, it may not have had the best production ever but it didn’t really need it, they did a lot with what they had, they managed to make a really chill and cute show here. I really enjoyed the antics that Mr. Villain would get himself into, whether it was something really relaxing or annoying for him, it was a lot of fun, and I also really enjoyed the side characters that added a lot to the show, I especially enjoyed the clerk girl and the rangers, not to mention the various kiddos that Mr. Villain positively impacted.

And one thing that was a bit surprising to me was the episode focused on the rangers, show was pretty much all SoL besides that, but I think it was a necessary episode to add more depth to the conflict going on in the background, as well as giving a lot more characterization to the rangers themselves, I especially liked Pink, for more than just because she’s cute lol. The show also had a very nice OP and ED, which they actually switched around in this episode and the rangers episode, which made me realize how interchangeable they are lol, they were very fitting for the show in both slots. I’d definitely be down for another season of this, I really like these shows that put a twist on the Super Sentai/Power Rangers and this was another to add to the list, wish I could have hit it during Winter 2024, but better late than never right lol. I’ll have to return to this season once again in the future because there’s still plenty of shows I missed out on back then that I think are worth checking out.
TheColonel76Aug 27, 2:07 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 4

21 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 22, 1:45 PM

» Contains Comedy?

Tushar_Shukla210 - Sep 5

5 by Code31Breaker »»
Sep 9, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 7

83 by nataliakun »»
Sep 1, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 11

18 by TheColonel76 »»
Aug 10, 6:37 AM

» Chances for a Season 2

Chaplin87 - May 7

6 by xXNatpyXx »»
Jul 21, 7:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.