Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 20, 9:54 AM
Feb 2023
For me its Jujutsu Kaisen. I saw some clips of JJK s2 and it look fucking amazing. But i will never watch the anime, dont really care about this show.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
One piece, JoJo, anything Fate/Stay related and many more!
Jan 20, 9:58 AM

Aug 2021
I probably will not watch Fairy Tail.

Jan 20, 10:05 AM
May 2012
Onara Gorou​​​​​​​​​​
Jan 20, 10:08 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1639/Boku_no_Pico
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 20, 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
I am extremely confident that I will never watch Ultra B https://myanimelist.net/anime/10250/Ultra_B
Jan 20, 10:10 AM

Nov 2023
"Name an anime that you will never watch?"

So far none. But maybe I have some in future I guess.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Jan 20, 10:11 AM

Aug 2020
Steve universe anime season 1 and 2.

Jan 20, 10:13 AM

May 2021
Probably never watching the shield hero thing.

Jan 20, 10:24 AM

Aug 2014
Love live is really the only anime I have no intentions of ever watching that I can think of right now.
Jan 20, 10:29 AM
Dec 2023
Jojo, SAO, Gintama. It's just one of those shows you know you'll like but put off for some reason idk.
Jan 20, 10:29 AM

Dec 2015
One Piece, seen clips, seen openings, seen endings, seen some other hyped stuff.

All of them make me more motivated to not watch this show.
Jan 20, 10:31 AM

Apr 2020
15 Anime watched and you're already too elite to watch one of the most popular Shonen in recent years xD

You don't know whats good. Why don't you watch the stuff everybody is raving about?^^ That would make so much more sense, to me.
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Sep 2020
A simple answer for me is probably Naruto, and any yaoi series.
Jan 20, 10:52 AM
Apr 2014
Fate series and everything related to Type-Moon

Edit: I remember watching one Kara no Kyoukai movie because somebody told me to do so and that doesn't count.
EuhiJan 20, 10:56 AM
Jan 20, 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
any boy love or anime catered towards a female audience ie Free, Brothers conflict, dance with devils etc...

Jan 20, 11:14 AM

Apr 2021
i dont think ill ever watch death note tbh
Jan 20, 11:21 AM
Jan 2024
spy x family, specifically my guts feeling telling me that the pink hair girl going to me annoying.
Jan 20, 11:22 AM

Dec 2021
I don't think I'll ever watched One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, JJK, CSM and anything along that line.
Jan 20, 11:28 AM

Sep 2023
I will never watch Promised Neverland Season 2 coz of people saying how bad it is, Imma just read the manga instead
Jan 20, 11:29 AM

Aug 2011
For me, anything over 150ish episodes would probably be impossible at this point. No matter how much I enjoy an anime, I just don't need or want to watch that much of any single thing. An exception might be if I was watching it weekly, preferably with long gaps between seasons, so I'm not getting tired of it in the same way. Like, it's taken Boku no Hero Academia nearly 8 years to air 140ish episodes, so even though it's long, it hasn't really felt like watching a long series. I can still manage something like that, but I don't think I could ever again sit down and start watching a super long completed series.

Otherwise, I'd give pretty much anything a try. I've been pleasantly surprised by so many things I didn't think I'd enjoy, so I try not to randomly decide that I'll "never" watch something. For me personally, I don't think any good can come from doing that. If I don't like it, I can always just drop it, and no harm done.
Jan 20, 11:32 AM

May 2021
the OG one piece, but I’ll probably check out the wit studio remake

fairy tail

haikyuu

gundam stuff

code geass maybe too
Jan 20, 11:40 AM
Dec 2023
Jojo, SAO, Gintama. They're just some of those shows you know you'll like but put off for some reason idk.
Jan 20, 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
Mushoko no Tensei
Redo of Healer
Any siscon incest anime

Edit: Looks like mal glitched
UberBatJan 20, 11:52 AM
Jan 20, 12:05 PM

Feb 2023
Beastars. Furries ruin everything they touch, and Beastars is all furry. Anime took an even further decline in quality for a few years after it was released too.
Jan 20, 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
It is easier for me to tell you an anime I would rewatch.
Jan 20, 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Merve2Love
15 Anime watched and you're already too elite to watch one of the most popular Shonen in recent years xD

You don't know whats good. Why don't you watch the stuff everybody is raving about?^^ That would make so much more sense, to me.
@Merve2Love There are plenty of people around here who won't watch any shoujo, you know.
Jan 20, 1:08 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to logopolis
@Merve2Love There are plenty of people around here who won't watch any shoujo, you know.
@logopolis

You're missing the point. The dude doesn't even know what's what^^ and he's already so sure to never watch something so many praise. It's arrogant.
Jan 20, 1:19 PM

Jun 2019
- Gintama
- Many of the long-running battle shounen like Bleach, Dragonball, Naruto, etc.
- Mob Psycho
- Ashita no Joe
- Haikyuu
- Ones I already dropped and don't have any intention to come back to like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin, etc.
- Hajime no Ippo
- Kara no Kyoukai film series (Is this the one where everything is out of order and you must arrange like a puzzle box?)
- Kizumonogatari
- Anything to do with a sequel to or re-imagining/reboot of Neon Genesis Evangelion, like the "Rebuild" film series or whatnot. I've seen the original TV series, The End of Evangelion film, and that's it. I'm done.
- Many other (most) sports series
- Most ecchi series
- Most harem series
- Most comedy, especially just exclusively gag comedy-type series
- Most hentai

Merve2Love said:

Not saying I particularly agree with the OP in this case - I don't know anything about him or her or their views on other anime in general apart from that, but regardless of how much they've watched, not everyone has tastes which are in line with what's most popular and commercially successful or critically-acclaimed. In anime and everything else. And sometimes, even if a particular person does like a very popular and well-known anime or even a few or many of them, it's not like it means that every one of them will be for them. I've obviously seen a lot more anime than 15 at this point, but I too have no interest in certain popular series, despite being enticed by or willing to consider others. It's very much a case-by-case basis.
WatchTillTandavaJan 20, 1:22 PM
Jan 20, 1:26 PM

Feb 2017
Ping pong the animation because it looks nasty. I also don't think I would watch one piece or anything Gundam
Jan 20, 1:36 PM

Dec 2021
Original One Piece. With remake, maybe.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 20, 1:41 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to WatchTillTandava
- Gintama
- Many of the long-running battle shounen like Bleach, Dragonball, Naruto, etc.
- Mob Psycho
- Ashita no Joe
- Haikyuu
- Ones I already dropped and don't have any intention to come back to like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin, etc.
- Hajime no Ippo
- Kara no Kyoukai film series (Is this the one where everything is out of order and you must arrange like a puzzle box?)
- Kizumonogatari
- Anything to do with a sequel to or re-imagining/reboot of Neon Genesis Evangelion, like the "Rebuild" film series or whatnot. I've seen the original TV series, The End of Evangelion film, and that's it. I'm done.
- Many other (most) sports series
- Most ecchi series
- Most harem series
- Most comedy, especially just exclusively gag comedy-type series
- Most hentai

Merve2Love said:

Not saying I particularly agree with the OP in this case - I don't know anything about him or her or their views on other anime in general apart from that, but regardless of how much they've watched, not everyone has tastes which are in line with what's most popular and commercially successful or critically-acclaimed. In anime and everything else. And sometimes, even if a particular person does like a very popular and well-known anime or even a few or many of them, it's not like it means that every one of them will be for them. I've obviously seen a lot more anime than 15 at this point, but I too have no interest in certain popular series, despite being enticed by or willing to consider others. It's very much a case-by-case basis.
@WatchTillTandava

So how are you gonna find out?
It's not about only watching the popular stuff. I never said that. Not everything is for everyone - sure.
But surely check these things out and THEN formulate an opinion for yourself - not the other way around.

It's like me wanting to get into baseball. But I will never watch the big games. Im only interested in the obscure low budget Teams nobody cares about. That's my stance.

xD That would be weird af. Especially If I knew nothing about the sport.
Jan 20, 1:41 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Merve2Love
@logopolis

You're missing the point. The dude doesn't even know what's what^^ and he's already so sure to never watch something so many praise. It's arrogant.
@Merve2Love A lot of the people saying they won't watch shoujo describe it as being all romance. They clearly don't know what is what,
Jan 20, 1:44 PM
Oct 2019
Given,solo leveling,30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii, Kingdom,any donghua whatsoever,captain Tsubasa or ace of diamond so essentially bl,some sports shows and thing not from japan.
Jan 20, 2:02 PM

Apr 2020
Code Geass, Steins Gate, Gintama, Ghibli movies, Monogatari series, One Piece.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 20, 2:06 PM

Mar 2008
I can't. There aren't any unless you you mean won't watch ini the entirety then really long series like One Piece I will likely continue to avoid.
Jan 20, 2:15 PM

Jun 2019
Merve2Love said:
So how are you gonna find out?
It's not about only watching the popular stuff. I never said that. Not everything is for everyone - sure.
But surely check these things out and THEN formulate an opinion for yourself - not the other way around.

It's like me wanting to get into baseball. But I will never watch the big games. Im only interested in the obscure low budget Teams nobody cares about. That's my stance.

xD That would be weird af. Especially If I knew nothing about the sport.

Yeah, but the OP only said he/she wouldn't watch one specific series, not all popular anime series in general. The reason for not watching one or certain specific series can just be down to the plot relayed in the synopsis, genres, art style, length, date of release, studio, first impression of it taken away from clips or advertisements, or other factors.
Jan 20, 2:32 PM
Sep 2022
Naruto, Dragon Ball and One Piece certainly. I know that they each have their loyal followings but they would be the very last shows that I would recommend to anybody who has never watched anime before. Me? Let's just say that I am instantly put off by anything that goes too far overboard with the silliness when it's not supposed to. This is why titles like "Nagasarete Airantou" get a pass from me - silly, yes but it is supposed to be. I wouldn't call Fairy Tail my cup of tea either, but at least it has loads of hot ladies in it - many of whom I would say are actually prettier than Nami is IMHO.
Jan 20, 2:39 PM
Jan 2015
I am probably going to be one of the only people here who points out that might not be something I can do. Back in the past, it seemed more plausible to avoid certain types of shows, and I even found myself doing this pretty regularly. But one day, I accidentally revisited something I did not notice I brushed off years prior and I ended up liking it a lot.

If I could point to anything close to this mindset, I suppose I can start an anime and predict it will "never go anywhere" and I am usually right with most of the ones I view. Either it will stomp on my expectations or be average most of the time, with a small handful of decent ones every year. But this is a digression of the topic, so it doesn't do much good to bring this up.

To put it simply then, I feel like I could put off an anime for a very long time, but it is not entirely impossible I will "never" watch it.
Jan 20, 2:59 PM

Jan 2024
i KNOW i’m gonna sound like "mainstream anime sucks hur hur i’m so underground" but i REFUSE to watch one piece 😭 i wouldn’t mind the fact that it’s long if i felt like it needed to be that long
Jan 20, 3:01 PM

Jun 2016
I'm not sure if there's anything I wouldn't watch honestly. I can think of plenty of series I have started multiple times and keep leaving unfinished. Jjk comes to mind I've started it 3 times and somehow keep getting distracted.
Jan 20, 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
Boku no Pico obviously.

+ Anything related to:
Clannad (I dropped it, didn't liked it)
Monogatari (same thing as Clannad)
Jojo (I loved S1, but Stardust Crusaders was a cold shower)
FMA (quitted multiple times, I just couldn't finish it, BUT I'll give FMAB a fair chance... someday...)
Puella Magica Madoka (finished S1, really didn't like it)
anything with the tag CGDCT (tried some shows and nah it's just not for me)
BL & GL (no thx, I'm glad you can enjoy it, but I pass, not for me)
Aria the animation (I don't hate it at all, I just can't watch it, it's sleepinducing)
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...
Jan 20, 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
Literally every battle shounen, I don't like shows where people scream and cry while beating each other up, especially when half of em are the same teenager troupe characters. (the edgelord, the whimpy ass but OP guy, etc)
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 20, 4:57 PM
Jul 2016
Attack on Titan. I read that article talking about the managaka's less-than-stellar political viewpoints, and that turned me off greatly.

Also, most anime with lots of episodes. It was a borderline miracle that I even managed to watch (and finish!) LoGH.
erikkamirsJan 20, 5:00 PM
Jan 20, 5:00 PM

Feb 2021
One Piece, Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail, Bleah, JJK.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jan 20, 5:13 PM

May 2018
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu
Anime related to boy idols
Jan 20, 5:24 PM
Mar 2019
Probably one piece, i dont like the art style and now is too long to give it a try. For the same reason naruto, didnt care too much when it was new and now is too long.
Jan 20, 5:38 PM

Nov 2014
One Piece, but only the anime. I don't think it's worth the time at all and I just choose to watch the main fights. There's too many fillers and I'll just stick to reading the manga.

Slam Dunk because it's not that good in animated form. Although I loved the manga.

Lastly, every idol anime ever.
Jan 20, 6:01 PM
Jan 2018
I always find it weird how determined some people are never to give an anime a chance.

The Fate series is based on ecchi/hentai video games. I still haven't watched any Fate show because I don't want a toned down version of the story. I guess if they ever did a proper Queens Blade type anime, I would watch out of curiosity. I'm not a big fan of censorship.

Sports anime are strange to me. I don't want a stylized fever dream version of something I could do myself. Clearly my opinion is in the minority.

I gave Tokyo Revengers a whole season to sell me on the story. Never again. I gave Fairy Tail 60+ episodes. Same thing.

I just want something different. If you're going to tell the exact same story but move a few pieces around, I'm not going to watch your show. Isekai Ojisan did something different and I enjoyed it. Vision of Escaflowne and Youjo Senki did as well. I'm ok ignoring a show about becoming a dog, or something, something smartphone.

Jan 20, 6:14 PM

Feb 2021
Only one I can think of besides the ones for obvious reasons (Boku no Pico, My Life as Inukai-San's Dog, etc) is probably Rent a Girlfriend
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 12 minutes ago

5 by Archean-Return »»
15 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

64 by _lordcanti »»
20 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

34 by logopolis »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

16 by DigiCat »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

22 by Chandela »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.