Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 9:54 AM

Dec 2021
It's the usual thing of talking to a friend about your love life, but this time it's like ten times crazier because there's some magic involved.

Adachi consults Masato Tsuge, a friend and a romance novelist, about his love life. However, when Zaki asks, about how he feels about the other person, he finds himself at a loss for words. One day, during a company drinking party's King's Game, Adachi is instructed to kiss Kurosawa. Despite feeling flustered, Adachi realizes that he doesn't dislike the kiss and becomes bewildered by his own emotions.

Even though Kurosawa's thoughts might be a bit all over the place, it's really touching to see how much he cares about Adachi and respects his feelings. I also love how smooth Kurosawa is; the classic move of putting his hand over Adachi's on the mouse is cheesy but somehow charming. And those damn colleagues... spoiled Kurosawa's chance to confess to Adachi. Take your time, Kurosawa, things will work out in the end.

This is just too cute—I'm totally on board with it.
IzanaSolosJan 17, 6:56 PM

Jan 17, 10:16 AM

Jun 2023
Aaahhh the forehead kiss tho.. Go go kurosawa win his heart
Jan 17, 10:43 AM

Feb 2011
It's too boring and slow for me... I wish, more happenings were in this anime.
Jan 17, 10:56 AM

May 2020
Damn..I was dying during this ep. Especially when Tsuge thought "Of course, I'm a virgin too." That was so funny XD

I absolutely love the tension between Kurosawa and Adachi. Overall I really enjoy it, and the mind reading part makes it 10 times more exciting.
Jan 17, 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
Now I'm wondering what's that writer's superpower...
Jan 17, 11:15 AM

Apr 2022
In comparison to the first episode, this one was pretty boring
Jan 17, 12:19 PM
Jul 2016
The art in this show is so janky lmao. I guess that's what makes it kinda charming.

Also a lewd forehead kiss, a step above naughty handholding 😳 <3.
Jan 17, 2:03 PM
May 2018
When Kurosawa dropped water bottle, ngl I got exited. (Context: I recently watched Doukyuusei, lol)
Jan 17, 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, finally a BL I genuinely find cute. My New Boss is Goofy was not one and as the name suggested definitely more so on the goofy, lighthearted and baity side. This here is legit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2:19 PM
Jul 2015
Was there a dip in art/animation of the more zoomed-out shots? Or did they already look this crappy ep1?
Jan 17, 2:41 PM
Aug 2020
i'm not a big fan of boy's love but this episode was not bad

first i was ,please don't do that, but he never kissed someone...

i want him to stay straight but he must learned some few things so why note like that.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 17, 2:48 PM
Oct 2016
This was pretty good, glad to see the main pair moving forward and some more fluff. I reeeaaalllly wanted Adachi to get his hair out of his eyes, I hope he does in the next few episodes.
Jan 17, 5:46 PM
Nov 2023
I love this Kurosawa
Jan 17, 8:32 PM

Jan 2010
As someone who normally reads other BL manga, I was a bit bored with the super slow pacing in this ep..kinda felt like not much happened except Adachi trying to come to terms with his real feelings towards Kurosawa. I can handle a slow burn romance, but this is only a 12 episode season...

My only concern is that their romance won't get "finalized" until almost the end of the season if the super slow pacing continues.
But since BL tv anime is still so rare these days, I don't want to complain too much.
Jan 17, 8:45 PM

Mar 2008
I don't know what to make of Tsuge.

How did Kurosawa teleport to the floor as soon as that door opened? What was that an error in animation or just a missing sound effect?

Jan 18, 7:00 AM
Apr 2022
Will adachi become gay for kurosawa, to be continued..
Jan 18, 7:23 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
I'm not into BL at all but I'm thoroughly enjoying this
Jan 18, 8:09 AM

Apr 2021
was kicking my feet a little ngl
Jan 18, 11:45 AM

Apr 2009
Wow this ep already looked derpy as fuck in several parts, not a good sign.

Jan 18, 4:33 PM

Feb 2019
Kurosawa's patient, but persistent lol Can't wait to see how he's gonna sway Adachi to fall for him too. Now as for Tsuge...well, I wonder how it'll work out for him now that Adachi knows his secret too
Jan 18, 4:45 PM

Jan 2022
A virgin asking another virgin for romantic advice actually made me laugh. The romantic novelist definitely has a way with words though. The way my stomach sank when Adachi said he didn't mind. I'm internally screaming omg! His hand on the mouse ahhhh. Idk what y'all are saying, this is not slow. If you want some slow love burn anime watch From me to you. I like how straightforward Kurosawa is, its really impressive. Overall, this was a good episode. Idk why everyone is hating on it, so much has happened in 2 episodes where it would typically take other romance anime about 10 episodes to get this far. Y'all must be joking or not watching the same anime I'm watching.
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 18, 4:49 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to supermario4ever
It's too boring and slow for me... I wish, more happenings were in this anime.
@supermario4ever Please elaborate on how this is slow. Especially when the slowest romance anime to exist is "From Me to You," but somehow you gave that a high score.
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 18, 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
I think it's really cute this slow paced and not overly exaggerated relationship. Don't care if it's 12 or 24 episodes as long as they don't treat me like an idiot, as anime usually do.
Jan 18, 11:19 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to cooldogmom
@supermario4ever Please elaborate on how this is slow. Especially when the slowest romance anime to exist is "From Me to You," but somehow you gave that a high score.
@cooldogmom No, my problem is not the slowness of the romance but the "other happenings", which I don't find interesting. That's not bad if a romance forms slowly.
Jan 19, 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
The comedy is still going strong!!! lolz a persistent STUD! HAHAHA
5/5.

Jan 19, 10:04 AM
Feb 2021
I usually love BL but the artwork is not for me
Jan 19, 2:51 PM
Nov 2016
Damn, Kurosawa was this close to confess to Adachi!
Why colleagues, why???

Don't worry Kuro, just take it slowly :D

Anyway, I love how Kurosawa respects and values Adachi's feelings and is willing to take things slowly to make him fall in love woth him
It's a shame that the colleagues interrupted him though, right when he was about to confess.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episodes! As a gay guy, I'm really happy that we also have a BL anime this season. hopefully there will be many more in future too :)
Jan 19, 7:23 PM
Nov 2016
giveup-the-ghost said:
My only concern is that their romance won't get "finalized" until almost the end of the season if the super slow pacing continues.
But since BL tv anime is still so rare these days, I don't want to complain too much.

I feel you, but BL animes are so rare that I don't care about about things like animation, graphics, etc. I'm just grateful that anime industry remembered that BL series exist too lol

FMmatron said:
Wow, finally a BL I genuinely find cute. My New Boss is Goofy was not one and as the name suggested definitely more so on the goofy, lighthearted and baity side. This here is legit.

My new boss is goofy should have been an official BL! I knew it was a bait, but it was too good XD
Jan 19, 11:02 PM

Jan 2017
Whether be live-action or anime, Adachi and Kurosawa's interaction never fails to make my heart smile ❤️️
Jan 20, 8:32 AM
Aug 2021
The characters animation kinda dropped a little, but I'm still really invested in their romance. Office/adult pairing just hits different.😊
Jan 20, 5:07 PM

Aug 2016
Art is so much nicer than the manga. Each ep seems to be 2.5 chapters and they’ve left out some side stories. I’m really into the anime
Jan 21, 6:48 AM

Jun 2021
Tsuge and Kurosawa assuming they're above 39 as well and virgins, I wonder what abilities they got. Things would get sooo chaotic and I'm here for it. Adasawa moments are cute as always, gosh I love them
Jan 22, 12:32 AM

Jul 2017
One of Adachi's college friends, romance novelist Masato Tsuge, he is consulted because he does not know what to do about Kurosawa's feelings for him, which apart from genuine feelings, Adachi simply worries too much, which Tsuge does not want him to, apart from being yet another virgin he is too. Also, while Adachi's reactions to romance are quite the virgin hilarity, truth is, he's rather conflicted. But a near-business client shakeup that causes Kurosawa to flinch, it's all because his client...has a sweet tooth, and always looks forward to their company's shortcake. It's thanks to Adachi's power that Kurosawa got saved, and he is honored at dinner for his work. And a King's Game where both Adachi and Kurosawa must kiss, of course it's the former virgin attempt, though Kurosawa leads him in, but gets flustered thinking that it's a straight kiss, but one straight to the forehead.

Despite having too much to drink, Adachi hearing both of his heart and physcial comments, it must've been a shock of nervousness, but he didn't mind it at all...which Adachi wants more of. And Kurosawa wanting to inch forward and kiss him on the mouth, he's genuinely for real, but this only leaves Adachi bewildered about Kurosawa's feelings.

Slow and steady wins the race, Kurosawa.
Jan 22, 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
I personally don't like how the animation turned out, the drawings in the manga are much nicer, and in the anime they look kind of wonky, especially their faces.
But still, CM is my favorite BL story currently so I'll keep on watching
Jan 22, 11:08 AM
Oct 2023
girl the budget is showing... stil cute af tho
Jan 22, 6:34 PM

Sep 2021
I just can't believe Adachi has zero romantic experience. In terms of personality, sure. He's to shy. But there's no way not a single highschool / collegue extrovert picked him up and said "be my boyfriend!" even once!

Anyway, the show's still fine. Too slow at times, especially compared last season's Office BL. But it's still early in the season.
Jan 23, 9:19 PM
Jan 2023
kicking and screaming by second ep is a good sign
Jan 24, 2:43 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to Zemmm
kicking and screaming by second ep is a good sign
Great episode. I love the build up, I can really relate to that moment in my life when I had no experience on anything and just standard close interaction was weird and didn't know how to handle it.

@Zemmm

Yes, it is THE sign

Edit: I just wanted to quote you after my post but MAL decided to put your quote on the top.... Anyways lmao

» Escapism.

Jan 26, 3:37 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to erikkamirs
The art in this show is so janky lmao. I guess that's what makes it kinda charming.

Also a lewd forehead kiss, a step above naughty handholding 😳 <3.
@erikkamirs
I agree. One moment things look fine. The next Potato. Lol.
Jan 29, 9:49 AM

Jun 2007
idk why I am watching this low budget cringe... but it's not completely bad ig..
see you, space cowperson . . .
Apr 3, 10:54 AM
Mar 2023
Amazing, remarkable!
Apr 4, 5:49 PM
Jan 2023
really good, enjoyed it so bad and laughed
Apr 13, 5:22 AM
Jun 2022
Thanks For The Save Fellow Co-Workers . Had No Interest In Seeing Them Like That , 1 More To Go.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

65 by Aurakin »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

38 by traed »»
Apr 22, 11:44 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

14 by traed »»
Apr 20, 4:24 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 6

36 by traed »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 28

54 by traed »»
Apr 19, 11:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.