Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
Lol she got both a Stella star and Tonitrous bolt. Good job though, gratz. Also we are definitely heading towards Anya backstory.
Jan 7, 7:18 AM

Feb 2009
Only Anya can achive a Stella star and a Tonitrous bolt at the same time!
Jan 7, 7:26 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Icewolf004
Only Anya can achive a Stella star and a Tonitrous bolt at the same time!
@Icewolf004 Anya break every record in Eden Academy like it's nothing
Jan 7, 7:27 AM

Feb 2014
Makes you wonder when Anya's knowledge on that subject will be explained. Also, do those finals mean Anya moved on to her next grade?
Jan 7, 8:28 AM

Aug 2019
Finally she got a stella in a subject, but tonitrus too at the same time, ofc only Anya can do this.

Demitrus's line monologues are pretty suspicious tbh, maybe due to experiments or he knows telepaths are exist and force himself to think nothing. I think when Anya meet with Donovan for the first time she won't able to read his mind.
And classical langueage's first student is probably will appear in the near chapters. Maybe an another experimental child or refugee from Anya's hometown, maybe due to classical language they can get along well

Jan 7, 8:31 AM
Dec 2023
MegamiRem said:
Lol she got both a Stella star and Tonitrous bolt. Good job though, gratz. Also we are definitely heading towards Anya backstory.

lol...sxf never disappoints us...
Jan 7, 8:36 AM
Sep 2022
Great chapter, the plot progressed and we meet Damian's brother, so I wonder how he will be as a character.
Jan 7, 10:12 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to curvedtree
Makes you wonder when Anya's knowledge on that subject will be explained. Also, do those finals mean Anya moved on to her next grade?
@curvedtree I think she's still gonna be in the same grade; they're just moving to the next semester.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jan 7, 10:13 AM

Oct 2021
Demetrius' face is finally revealed to the audience! 😆 He's the last of the Desmonds to be revealed and I'm so happy we got that here! (I wasn't expecting that. I thought this chapter is all about Anya and her friends discussing the test results.)

Anya will have to work harder if she wants to be an Imperial Scholar. One Stella and one Tonitrus cancels out. 😣 But her shocked faces were so hilarious!! LOL! Even Loid's pupils were hilarious when he received the news. 😂

Anya's past is hinted again when Loid asked her about her origin. Can't wait for Anya's past to be fully revealed.

Marianne

Jan 7, 11:45 AM
Mar 2015
Our gril is half way between heaven and hell
Jan 7, 12:10 PM
Dec 2023
Loid’s reaction to Anya getting both a Stella and a Tonitrus was so great.
Jan 7, 12:46 PM

Oct 2017
one of the funniest SXF chapters i've ever read bejsjsjsjs shits hilarious
R&B Leyend
Jan 7, 2:15 PM

Jun 2015
Loid's face just gets weirder every Tonitrus Bolt lol
A Stella is still a Stella right? Thankfully Stella and Tonitrus don't nullify each other. Congrats Anya-chan! *pats*
Jan 7, 3:41 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to marquinti2
@curvedtree I think she's still gonna be in the same grade; they're just moving to the next semester.
@marquinti2 Mid terms happen within a semester? Because Damian already got a Stella Star during midterms.
So if there are 2 mid terms and 2 finals, each per semester, in a total of 4 exams per year, multiplied by the total amount of subjects 8 and that the top 2 students per grade get a Stellar Star:

8 subjects * 2 mid terms * 2 finals * 2 the top 2 get a Stella Star = 64 chances to get a Stella per year.

If Eden school has 10 grades, students have 640 chances to get 8 Stella Star and be members of the Imperial Scholars, isn't it a bit easy? Specially considering there are other ways to get Stella Stars too, sure it won't be as common as saving someone (like Anya's 1st star) or acts of bravery ( like Anya's 2nd star), but still 640 chances to get 8 stars seems a bit low?
Jan 7, 5:56 PM

Apr 2022
just more absurd faces. not a single thought behind those eyes.
Jan 7, 6:27 PM
Oct 2020
Man his brother looks like he hasn't slept in years. I wonder if there's anyone normal in his family? Probably not.

Also did Anya's mind reading ability not work at first because he was too far away or just because the older brother is normally just not thinking anything?

Also also is the name Arnold Crowley going to be important?
RexnihiloJan 7, 6:38 PM
Jan 7, 6:58 PM

Dec 2016
ngl Donovan looks "warmer" in that ?flashback?, especially with those more messy hair.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 7, 9:34 PM

Feb 2020
dude just has a mu mind ig ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 7, 9:35 PM

Dec 2009
Unexpected, yet incredible progress.
I did not think Anya would pass on practically every subject and even be the second highest of her grade for classical literature.
She must have been forced taught that while she was a telepath subject.
Funny she tired herself out and failed math though, so she got 1 Stella for being top 2 in a subject, but a tonitrus bolt for being one of the worst failures in math.

Interesting to finally see Desmond's older brother, who was top 2 in five subjects of his grade.
Although, he's cold and unloving, as one who's been forced in his studies by his father to be the best, so Anya sees how he doesn't understand people by reading his mind.

He's as ugly as his father though.
Fortunately Desmond and the mother don't have that creepy look.
Otherwise, hilarious reactions from Anya.
Jan 8, 12:54 AM
May 2021
Lool is it just me or is Endo sensei artstyle looking mire differently? Might just be me. Lol Anya having a stella & tonitrous is funny.
Jan 8, 1:46 PM

Aug 2021
anya making more progress towards imperial scholar but also edging closer to expulsion. first time in a very long time we've seen loid bring up anya's past. perhaps he'll be doing some looking into it in the upcoming chapters which will probably reveal something pretty interesting that relates to her classical language scores
Jan 8, 8:03 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to curvedtree
@marquinti2 Mid terms happen within a semester? Because Damian already got a Stella Star during midterms.
So if there are 2 mid terms and 2 finals, each per semester, in a total of 4 exams per year, multiplied by the total amount of subjects 8 and that the top 2 students per grade get a Stellar Star:

8 subjects * 2 mid terms * 2 finals * 2 the top 2 get a Stella Star = 64 chances to get a Stella per year.

If Eden school has 10 grades, students have 640 chances to get 8 Stella Star and be members of the Imperial Scholars, isn't it a bit easy? Specially considering there are other ways to get Stella Stars too, sure it won't be as common as saving someone (like Anya's 1st star) or acts of bravery ( like Anya's 2nd star), but still 640 chances to get 8 stars seems a bit low?
@curvedtree Yes, midterms can happen within a semester (in some countries). Based on my Canadian academic experience (even if my college experience occurred about 4-5 years ago), one semester is 4 months: we have one midterm exam and one final exam. When I attended college during an academic year, I was taking 2 midterms and 2 finals for one school year.

In any case, your mathematical analysis is amazing! I didn't even think of it that way considering I don't take classes anymore. (As an adult, I don't care that much anymore about academics. My work/job comes first so money comes in to my bank so that I can pay the mortgage, pay grocery bills, pay electricity, water, and other needs).

Anyhow, yes, you are correct: Anya, Damian, and all other Eden College students have 64 academic chances per year (or 640 chances from Grade 1 to Grade 10) to obtain either a Stella or a Tonitrus (not counting extra curricular chances, volunteer opportunities, and the likes).

It's not easy because students have to compete for a limited number of Stellas (8 Stellas) for a duration (example: one semester, one academic year, etc.)

It's also not a "bit low" because as students make their way up from Grade 1 to Grade 10, only a handful of students will remain motivated to obtain Stellas. The others who have been demotivated in their early elementary years might fall off the academic ladder. ☹️ They might have obtained Tonitrus Bolts as a 1st grader, 2nd grader, etc. Others might have received expulsion (like that student that was expelled because he forgot his handkerchief).

There are many factors to consider before concluding the number of chances students have to obtain Stellas. But, what is important is this: as the students move onto the next grade, they undergo a bottleneck wherein fewer students become more qualified to earn Stellas. The fewer number of students will still compete against each other, but the same Stella/Tonitrus Bolt criteria (number of rules) will be applied to them.

Marianne

Jan 8, 9:03 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to marquinti2
@curvedtree Yes, midterms can happen within a semester (in some countries). Based on my Canadian academic experience (even if my college experience occurred about 4-5 years ago), one semester is 4 months: we have one midterm exam and one final exam. When I attended college during an academic year, I was taking 2 midterms and 2 finals for one school year.

In any case, your mathematical analysis is amazing! I didn't even think of it that way considering I don't take classes anymore. (As an adult, I don't care that much anymore about academics. My work/job comes first so money comes in to my bank so that I can pay the mortgage, pay grocery bills, pay electricity, water, and other needs).

Anyhow, yes, you are correct: Anya, Damian, and all other Eden College students have 64 academic chances per year (or 640 chances from Grade 1 to Grade 10) to obtain either a Stella or a Tonitrus (not counting extra curricular chances, volunteer opportunities, and the likes).

It's not easy because students have to compete for a limited number of Stellas (8 Stellas) for a duration (example: one semester, one academic year, etc.)

It's also not a "bit low" because as students make their way up from Grade 1 to Grade 10, only a handful of students will remain motivated to obtain Stellas. The others who have been demotivated in their early elementary years might fall off the academic ladder. ☹️ They might have obtained Tonitrus Bolts as a 1st grader, 2nd grader, etc. Others might have received expulsion (like that student that was expelled because he forgot his handkerchief).

There are many factors to consider before concluding the number of chances students have to obtain Stellas. But, what is important is this: as the students move onto the next grade, they undergo a bottleneck wherein fewer students become more qualified to earn Stellas. The fewer number of students will still compete against each other, but the same Stella/Tonitrus Bolt criteria (number of rules) will be applied to them.
@marquinti2 Damian's brother gets 8 by being top 2, doesn't he? So I wonder if, besides showing academic prowess, the Imperial Scholars have even their own ways of measuring their own capacities or if they keep competing for Stella Stars, but wouldn't it be kinda "lame" to compete with "commoners" as well? Wouldn't it be better to have a next grade kind of Stella? Or maybe I'm just looking too much into it and we won't even get to see Anya go that far in school.
Jan 9, 3:12 AM

May 2016
The reveals of anya’s and the families awards and punishment was so funny 🤣
Jan 9, 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
Absolutely loved this chapter.

So so happy for Anya. #2 spot but still such a huge leap!

We get to see Demetrius. Dude's clearly messed up. Likely he's in a "robot-mode" hence why almost no thoughts. Sad existence...

Same can be said about Loid in this chapter too lol!

Once again, congrats to Anya!!! (her past is so intriguing!)
Jan 9, 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to jantszztkr
Finally she got a stella in a subject, but tonitrus too at the same time, ofc only Anya can do this.

Demitrus's line monologues are pretty suspicious tbh, maybe due to experiments or he knows telepaths are exist and force himself to think nothing. I think when Anya meet with Donovan for the first time she won't able to read his mind.
And classical langueage's first student is probably will appear in the near chapters. Maybe an another experimental child or refugee from Anya's hometown, maybe due to classical language they can get along well
jantsizteker said:
maybe due to experiments or he knows telepaths are exist and force himself to think nothing. I think when Anya meet with Donovan for the first time she won't able to read his mind.
I think you're reading too much into it. You could still be true, sure, but I think Demetrius is simply too absorbed with his role in the academy and isn't really "guarding himself from espers". By the look of his eyes, he has devoted his entire existence to studying and achieving success for father's sake. He hardly resembles human and therefor has almost no personal thoughts. Which is scary. He's basically a robot programmed by Donovan. Such people tend to have 0 empathy and can potentially follow any orders given to them by the "master". I mean, by one glance, I can assume Demetrius would kill Damian without hesitation if father were to order him to do it.

Shame, I thought Demetrius was going to be some arrogant guy but turns out he's a soulless robot.
Jan 9, 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to livingdeadgirlx3
Loid’s reaction to Anya getting both a Stella and a Tonitrus was so great.
@livingdeadgirlx3 It was a father-daughter moment! I also loved that.

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Jan 9, 6:21 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to curvedtree
@marquinti2 Damian's brother gets 8 by being top 2, doesn't he? So I wonder if, besides showing academic prowess, the Imperial Scholars have even their own ways of measuring their own capacities or if they keep competing for Stella Stars, but wouldn't it be kinda "lame" to compete with "commoners" as well? Wouldn't it be better to have a next grade kind of Stella? Or maybe I'm just looking too much into it and we won't even get to see Anya go that far in school.
@curvedtree Yes, Demetrius obtained 8 Stellas because he's the second best in the finals overall ranking.

We may or may not see Anya go that far in school. But, it's fun to guess her academic route. ☺️

Removing or disqualifying the lame kids or the commoners is part of the Eden College academic system, but the kids who fall off the academic ladder are not announced. It wouldn't be fair for those kids. They still need to graduate from a prestigious school to obtain good-paying jobs in Ostania.

It would be nice and cool to see a Level 2 difficulty in obtaining Stellas and Tonitrus Bolts. In my opinion, this kind of "Level 2" difficulty occurs in middle school.

Right now, Anya and the other kids are taking five subjects for this first semester. Looking back in Chapter 92 and Chapter 93, I counted (and I am guessing) that elementary subjects in Eden College are Math, History, Science, Language Studies, and Classical Language.

Meanwhile, the six middle school subjects (in which Demetrius got Stellas for all six subjects) are Math, Biology, Physics, History, Primary Foreign Language, and Secondary Foreign Language. There could be more subjects in middle school, but these were the only ones named or mentioned in Chapter 93.

From the perspective of manga readers like us, there could come a point where we get tired or get bored of the same plotline for ten more volumes: Eden College students (from Grade 1 to Grade 10) competing for the same goal (competing to obtain a limited number of 8 Stellas.)

If the author wants to progress the storyline, he would have to apply a timeskip just to speed up the same academic events within Eden College: Anya, Damian, Becky, Ewen, and Emile academically competing for the top positions within the school by studying for midterms and finals one semester after another.

If academic competition for Stellas is all there is for the remaining chunk of Spy x Family for Anya and her classmates, you're right, the manga wouldn't get much interest from fans.

In any case, there is a 2-paged comic panel at the end of Volume 10 of Spy x Family (Chapter 66.50). It has lots of juicy information (implied and explicit):

a) the author mentioned Anya only obtained one Stella for the first ten volumes of Spy x Family

b) only three months have elapsed as of Volume 10; as of Chapter 93 or Volume 13, four months have elapsed (or one academic semester) because Finals usually occured at the fourth month of the academic semester

c) it's not gonna take 80 volumes for the author for Anya to obtain all 8 Stellas to become an Imperial Scholar; we'll wait and see what the author has in store for the manga series 🙂
marquinti2Jan 9, 7:16 PM

Marianne

Jan 9, 6:36 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Rexnihilo
Man his brother looks like he hasn't slept in years. I wonder if there's anyone normal in his family? Probably not.

Also did Anya's mind reading ability not work at first because he was too far away or just because the older brother is normally just not thinking anything?

Also also is the name Arnold Crowley going to be important?
@Rexnihilo We'll wait and see. In Chapter 27, several student names also appeared in the midterm result boards. None of those students made a prominent appearance in the previous chapters of the series.

With "Arnold Crowley" however, there are two clues that made me think he'll show up in the upcoming chapters.

First, Anya mentioned his name because she thought she's reading out loud her own name (thinking that she herself reached the top score of the Classical Language finals).

The second clue is Damian mentioning that Arnold Crowley belongs to Cline Hall.

Manga readers are now aware of three Halls within Eden Academy. Anya and her friends belong to Cecile Hall. Bill Watkins belong to Wald Hall (Chapter 69). Now, we have Arnold Crowley who belongs to Cline Hall (Chapter 93).
marquinti2Jan 9, 6:58 PM

Marianne

Jan 9, 7:05 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to waalex11
Unexpected, yet incredible progress.
I did not think Anya would pass on practically every subject and even be the second highest of her grade for classical literature.
She must have been forced taught that while she was a telepath subject.
Funny she tired herself out and failed math though, so she got 1 Stella for being top 2 in a subject, but a tonitrus bolt for being one of the worst failures in math.

Interesting to finally see Desmond's older brother, who was top 2 in five subjects of his grade.
Although, he's cold and unloving, as one who's been forced in his studies by his father to be the best, so Anya sees how he doesn't understand people by reading his mind.

He's as ugly as his father though.
Fortunately Desmond and the mother don't have that creepy look.
Otherwise, hilarious reactions from Anya.
@waalex11 Never would have thought that Anya would obtain both a Tonitrus and a Stella in her finals! 😂 This chapter alone is hilarious just because of the silly faces that Anya and Loid make. Demetrius is someone I did not expect to see in this chapter. His debut in the series is about time. Thought he would be a jerk, but now I see that he's cold, unloving, and robotic. ☹️ What did Eden College do to him? 😣
marquinti2Jan 9, 7:19 PM

Marianne

Jan 9, 7:21 PM

Oct 2021
I love it when Anya gets rewarded for her efforts! She deserves it! It's so good to see her rise even if her final ranks resulted to her being the 168th person on top! 😂 Glad that Loid praised Anya even if she obtained a Stella and a Tonitrus Bolt!!! Also, Demetrius is scary! He's not thinking anything! His mind must have been fried from all the studying! 😳
marquinti2Jan 9, 8:59 PM

Marianne

Jan 10, 12:09 AM

Apr 2015
Lol Anya and her reactions are hilarious as always, Loid's as well xD I really wonder when we'll finally get to see Anya's past, I'm so curious.

Huh, so that's what Damien's brother looks like...not quite what I expected, thought he would look more elegant but I'm looking forward to learning more about him and his relationship with Damien/his father.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 11, 12:08 PM

May 2020
To think Anya actually scored a Stella in academics had Loid completely break his character with that face lol. Or maybe it was due to the fact that she earned a tonitrus too on the same exam.

Either way, good for her, but then again we need to know about her past now. It actually kind of feels like we'd get a story too sooner rather than later.
Jan 12, 3:46 PM

May 2021
Reply to curvedtree

@curvedtree
Is that 640 chances for a single student?

Jan 12, 7:17 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to RioFS
@curvedtree
Is that 640 chances for a single student?
@RioFS Maybe a better term would have been "opportunity", each student has 64 opportunities per year (640 is because I assumed there are 10 grades) to get a Stella Star by academic achievement.
Jan 13, 3:49 PM

May 2021
Reply to curvedtree
@RioFS Maybe a better term would have been "opportunity", each student has 64 opportunities per year (640 is because I assumed there are 10 grades) to get a Stella Star by academic achievement.
@curvedtree
I see. Wouldn't it be 320 then? For a single exam, you get either the first position or the second; can't get both as far as I know.

Still a large number of opportunities though.

Jan 14, 11:30 PM

Aug 2018
Anya passed and got a Stella, GOOD!
But she also had a tonitrus...The good thing is that she got it.
Demetrius, Damian's brother...Damian's family is still a mystery.
Good chapter.
PS: Poor Loid, plus Anya's face hahaha.
Jan 20, 9:56 AM
Jul 2023
We finally got Demetrius Desmond face reveal
Jan 20, 9:56 AM
Jul 2023
We got a Demetrius Desmond face reveal
Jan 20, 9:57 AM
Jul 2023
We got a Demetrius Desmond face reveal
Jan 24, 2:22 AM

Jul 2021
- becky : ... anya-chan ...

- minion A : ... damian-sama ... , aniue-sama ... , demetrius-sama ...

- Bill-kun , the mutant boy : ... forger-kun ...

- yor : ... anya-san ...

- anya : ... chichi , ... haha , ... ji jiji ... , jinan = 2nd son/boy , ... chounan = 1st boy/son ...

- damian : ... aniki ... , chichiue ...

- demetrius : ... i dont understand little brother ... , chichiue ...

only when demetrius thinks about his father , he closes his eyes a little .

daywithoutgamesJan 24, 6:17 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Jan 30, 5:44 AM
May 2020
anya experienced the law of equivalent exchange

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 90 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 12, 2023

28 by E_Creator »»
Apr 23, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 96 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 17

36 by daywithoutgames »»
Apr 18, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 84 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Jul 9, 2023

54 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 17, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 76 Discussion

Arjuna777 - Mar 5, 2023

37 by VitorG357 »»
Mar 31, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 95 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 3

27 by RioFS »»
Mar 29, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.