Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sasaki and Peeps (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 5, 2:01 PM

Apr 2012
Those 50 minutes flew by, very enjoyable start.

English localization is bad, though. Why "Peeps"? Pii-chan should be fine for western audiences, too. Meh.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 5, 2:02 PM
Nov 2022
Very good first episode.

I didn't realize it lasted 48 minutes until 30 minutes had passed, that shows how much it entertained me.

The concept is good, I like Sasaki as the protagonist, quite realistic despite the surreal nature of the story; The anime has very good Seiyuus, it shows that there is a good production behind it, without a doubt I will follow this anime until the end xd.
Jan 5, 2:13 PM

Mar 2020
Pretty cool little show here, but that 48 minute premiere was very unnecessary, and by the time the second half rolled around I was starting to get a little tired. It is pretty intriguing though, with movement between two worlds, through a pet bird. Although I didn't watch it, I believe it's a similar style as the 80000 gold anime? It feels like a lot to take in, with the characters, the world building, the organization, and Sasaki's neighbour. This could be something to watch out for, but I need to see more before I make any real judgments.
Jan 5, 2:49 PM

May 2015
This feels like two anime smashed together into one setting. One side its the isekai making a business and living, then on the other its this crime drama with powers. Very similar setting to Saving 80k Gold which I quite enjoyed.

I'm surprised that girl likes the MC. Thought at first it cant be and it must just be a close bond but nope, that blush says it all. Feel bad for her though having a shitty mother. Hopefully the MC helps her out at some point.

I quite like this MC. He looks like a completely average older guy which is nice cause most of the time when the MC is older they make them more handsome looking.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 5, 3:40 PM

Jun 2012
I like that the episode was double-lenght, you get to see a lot more that way.

There's a little bit of worldbuilding, a difference between our and the other world that's still has some similarities, yet differences in some of those similarities. I like that the MC is a bit older and isn't reborn into a younger body, and I do like the animal companion trope. I was a bit thrown by French's voice, it felt a little mis-matched to his appearance, but that's more about getting used to it. The Local Lord was kinda cute, the New Boss is fishy.

I wonder if this season will cover the first novel only or more than one. I got the first novel recently and I'm unsure if I should deliberately wait with reading it until the season is over or not.
Jan 5, 4:34 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
really enjoying this one. reminds me a little of that saving 80k gold isekai too
@MrHunterxHunter I love Coin Loli as a show, bit this is much more real world focused than that. Having a twist within a twist where the real world also has weird shit is going on is definitely different to Coin Loli.
Jan 5, 4:39 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to bossunhimeswitch
I liked it but I wish the episodes were more of a 20 - 25 minute length
@bossunhimeswitch absolutely not. This was a 1st episode only double length. Reason? The producers knew that a 24m episode of this would be "intetest suicide" as its a slow starter. Having two episodes in 1 is a much better start for a lot of series and should definitely be used more. Just look at The Unwanted Undead Adventurer. That needed to be a double episode but it wasn't. Most comments were about how it seemed boring and they were dropping it despite the fact it is about to really ramp up and get interesting. Too bad it's lost a ton of viewers right out the gate.
Jan 5, 4:43 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Mcsuper
Pretty cool little show here, but that 48 minute premiere was very unnecessary, and by the time the second half rolled around I was starting to get a little tired. It is pretty intriguing though, with movement between two worlds, through a pet bird. Although I didn't watch it, I believe it's a similar style as the 80000 gold anime? It feels like a lot to take in, with the characters, the world building, the organization, and Sasaki's neighbour. This could be something to watch out for, but I need to see more before I make any real judgments.
@Mcsuper its definitely not like 80000 coins (which you should watch, its great!). The "real world" being not like we think it is as a twist is absolutely not present in 80000 coins, and in that show the majority of time is spent in the isekai, which is not the case so far in this one.
Jan 5, 4:45 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to DarknessReality
This feels like two anime smashed together into one setting. One side its the isekai making a business and living, then on the other its this crime drama with powers. Very similar setting to Saving 80k Gold which I quite enjoyed.

I'm surprised that girl likes the MC. Thought at first it cant be and it must just be a close bond but nope, that blush says it all. Feel bad for her though having a shitty mother. Hopefully the MC helps her out at some point.

I quite like this MC. He looks like a completely average older guy which is nice cause most of the time when the MC is older they make them more handsome looking.
@DarknessReality world jumping mechanism aside I'd be interested why you think its like 80000 coins?
Jan 5, 5:13 PM
May 2017
Excellent beginning episode! Sasaki and Pii-chan chemistry is amazing.

Sasaki is a man on a mission...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 5, 5:23 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to hayato_bun
I freaking laughed out loud when I saw the credits; for one-time roles they'd invited people with Sasaki as their last name
@hayato_bun

I've noticed about it too. Maybe they were coldcalling every seiyuu with Sasaki as their surname and every random Sasaki in the phonebook and asked them "Hey, We've got some job for you" lol
AkeZZZJan 5, 5:27 PM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 5, 5:55 PM

Sep 2007
Ok. It's got me interested despite me initially thinking it had a "meh" premise.

It also earned bonus points/convinced me to check it out thanks to Sasaki having Rudeus' VA (lol)
Here's hoping it stays interesting.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 5, 5:57 PM

Mar 2008
This is pretty interesting actually. Not overly cliched even though it certainly isn't doing anything entirely new.

Sasaki is a pretty cool dude.

That neighbour girl not sure if she is yandere with the hots for Sasaki or if she just has a fairly normal crush and has a shitty family. Yet we havent seen her mother so, I wonder if she's even alive.
Jan 5, 6:02 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Sokah
Man, people have no idea how much gold is worth. His financial problems were done day 1.
Also if hours pass in the other world and only minutes in ours... he's spending months away even if he goes back every day.
So much of this anime just doesn't make any sense.
@Sokah If he randomly starts selling gold in his world the government would be on him in a flash. As for the spending months away part, they might build on that later in the season I'm not sure.
Jan 5, 6:32 PM
Jan 2021
High quality stuff in here.
Jan 5, 6:49 PM

Feb 2010
DizietSma said:
@bossunhimeswitch absolutely not. This was a 1st episode only double length. Reason? The producers knew that a 24m episode of this would be "intetest suicide" as its a slow starter. Having two episodes in 1 is a much better start for a lot of series and should definitely be used more. Just look at The Unwanted Undead Adventurer. That needed to be a double episode but it wasn't. Most comments were about how it seemed boring and they were dropping it despite the fact it is about to really ramp up and get interesting. Too bad it's lost a ton of viewers right out the gate.

I wouldn't have minded it and it might have helped some of the pacing problems if some of the dragginess got cut for time
Jan 5, 7:16 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Sokah
Man, people have no idea how much gold is worth. His financial problems were done day 1.
Also if hours pass in the other world and only minutes in ours... he's spending months away even if he goes back every day.
So much of this anime just doesn't make any sense.
@Sokah The anime omitted the explanation in the source material where he didn't sell the gold in Japan because he doesn't want people wondering how he became rich so easily.
Jan 5, 7:25 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to hayato_bun
I freaking laughed out loud when I saw the credits; for one-time roles they'd invited people with Sasaki as their last name
@hayato_bun I saw this too! I thought they were joking at first.
Jan 5, 7:25 PM

Jan 2018
Starting a business in a parallel world... Interesting.

Also, I hope Gin-san will carry this anime well.
Jan 5, 7:45 PM
Apr 2023
This is already looking good and it is nice they made this a long episode to properly layout the premise properly.

This is a nice take on an isekai with a touch of supernatural elements.
This also has some excellent voice actors behind it so this will surely be a nice season to look forwrd to.

Just make sure you take into consideration the Light Novel + Silverlink combination in this anime.
Jan 5, 7:54 PM

Sep 2016
If the neighbor girl isn't an esper too, I would be surprised, to be honest.
bruh
Jan 5, 7:55 PM
Oct 2018
Wish double length episode 1 was a normal thing helps set up the anime and not rush it
Jan 5, 8:37 PM
Apr 2022
My god I love Pchan so much, I really hope he doesn't turn out to be a super villain. But thats also very funny if it does happen.

It's kinda refreshing to see a middle aged male as the MC. He seems smart and Adaptive to both worlds so I'm curious on how he's gonna handle all that

Both the government company and yandere neighbor girl seems sus af. Tbh everything in this anime seems sus.

I dont really like Isekai but this one grabbed my attention. It has the potential to be one of the best anime this season. It's very comfy and Funny really one of my favs for this season
Jan 5, 9:44 PM
Feb 2017
Pretty good so far! Rare to see anime like this nowadays
Jan 5, 10:20 PM

May 2019
Reply to traed
This is pretty interesting actually. Not overly cliched even though it certainly isn't doing anything entirely new.

Sasaki is a pretty cool dude.

That neighbour girl not sure if she is yandere with the hots for Sasaki or if she just has a fairly normal crush and has a shitty family. Yet we havent seen her mother so, I wonder if she's even alive.
@traed
Sasaki's girl neighbor mentioned on one of their interactions that her mom had brought home a male stranger so they were presumably having sex since she was outside but thinking it over I found it odd that she was outside frequently. I suspect that she may end up having some type of special power and may be onto Sasaki, probably.

Beyond that I thought this was a decent and interesting first episode and I got vibes from "Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for my Retirement" with Sasaki buying cheap items in the modern world and selling them for a big profit in the other world but it doesn't appear that he's cashing in the gold in the modern world. Plus there's that psychic chick that recruited him and their boss is up to something.
Jan 5, 11:16 PM

Jan 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by possibly the best isekai of the season without a doubt
Jan 5, 11:38 PM

Nov 2012
This did not go any way I thought it would. I'm excited.
Jan 5, 11:54 PM

Oct 2019
A very promising and quite funny show start, and a double episode no less!

I did not quite understand though why he kept bringing real world products to the isekai world but never tried to sell the buckets of gold he made there in our own world, relying only on his modest salary to barely afford to buy said products.

The markings on those large gold coins might be... unique, but surely that would be far less strange than importing... binoculars, Swiss knives, pens etc to a fantasy world. Gold is gold after all.

400 million yen, assuming he could sell the coins for that much, is almost $3 million. Even if he exchanged them for 1/10 of that he later made 100+ large gold coins, so he could easily become a millionaire from the gold alone.

And if he wanted to avoid "Where did you find them?" questions he could skip the central bank or large commercial banks and sell them to an independent gold broker.

Anyway, I wonder how that shady organization will turn out for our MC..
SharpedonJan 6, 12:26 AM
Jan 6, 12:18 AM

Sep 2021
The first episode is done right. They have nicely introduced the characters and Sasaki-san's lifestyle.
I have seen many isekais with 16-year-old MCs but this is my first one where MC is in late-30's (or 40's?).

Sasaki-san's character is quite nice and the seiyu is one of my favourites!
I can't wait for the next episode, I wonder who the section-chief really is, and I wanna know more about Hoshizaki-san and Otonori-san!

I hope this anime gets more members, because it seems promising and something quite distinct!
Jan 6, 12:21 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to YuChunHsieh
@Sokah The anime omitted the explanation in the source material where he didn't sell the gold in Japan because he doesn't want people wondering how he became rich so easily.
@YuChunHsieh People or... the taxman. He could at least sell some of it though, in order to buy more and better products to sell in the isekai world. He made a crapload of gold there yet was impressed by a comparatively meager 1 million yen allowance check, planning to use that to buy more stuff...
Jan 6, 3:04 AM
Jun 2023
LOve it the unique consep
Jan 6, 3:27 AM

May 2015
Reply to DizietSma
@DarknessReality world jumping mechanism aside I'd be interested why you think its like 80000 coins?
@DizietSma Well its exactly that, the world jumping mechanism which is exploited to earn money in the real world. He's literally using it for the exact same reason in the exact same way as 80000 coins.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 6, 4:09 AM
Oct 2020
Very good 1st episode, the best anime that has been released so far in this winter 2024 so far. Hopefully it continues in the future episodes
Jan 6, 4:14 AM
Oct 2011
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@traed
Sasaki's girl neighbor mentioned on one of their interactions that her mom had brought home a male stranger so they were presumably having sex since she was outside but thinking it over I found it odd that she was outside frequently. I suspect that she may end up having some type of special power and may be onto Sasaki, probably.

Beyond that I thought this was a decent and interesting first episode and I got vibes from "Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for my Retirement" with Sasaki buying cheap items in the modern world and selling them for a big profit in the other world but it doesn't appear that he's cashing in the gold in the modern world. Plus there's that psychic chick that recruited him and their boss is up to something.
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Sasaki's girl neighbor mentioned on one of their interactions that her mom had brought home a male stranger so they were presumably having sex since she was outside but thinking it over I found it odd that she was outside frequently.

At what minute was that said? I honestly didn't see it, but it gives a very important context to the neighbor's story.
Jan 6, 5:28 AM
Jun 2017
seems interesting... will watch this one
Jan 6, 6:52 AM
Apr 2022
workplace, pets, isekai, trading business, supernatural, so many themes in here, not sure how this will go but this was a fun episode. I sure hope the yandere girl did nothing foul to those cookies, good start
Jan 6, 8:06 AM

Dec 2016
Not too sure how to feel about this one. Feels like a weird mash of Roukin and secret physic goverment of justice. Who knows if it will be a good balance in the long run between both fronts or just be a jack of all trades and master of none.
Jan 6, 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@traed

@Alfredo-Sauce
I was going off her yandere like reaction thinking Sasaki might have a girlfriend, that maybe she was lying coming up with excuses. At first i thought she was some poor girl with a shitty mom so she hangs out front all the time but if she isnt youd think her mom would wonder why she's always out front of the door waiting for Sasaki. Yeah I thought she also might have some power.

One thing that bothers me if that world has magic or some kind or science too you would think they would be able to figure out plastic is other worldly. If I was Sasaki Id avoid too cheap of stuff to stick to all metal and wood and stone made objects.
Jan 6, 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
The synopsis, the key visual and the cast (oh my god the cast), made me look forward to this show. And I have to say I loved this first episode and what a nice surprise that it was double length.

"My name is Piercarlo" omg what a voice lmao.

I knew about the isekai part but I didn't imagine there were also powers in Sasaki's world, interesting. Hoshizaki seems like a fun character if a bit too passionate about her work xD, should be fun to see her working alongside our MC. Also Rieri.

Schoolgirl Akari Kitou seemed to have some kind of problem with her mother... until yandere schoolgirl Akari Kitou showed up. Now it looks more like she was always outside waiting for Sasaki, dang.

Middle-aged salaryman, talking bird, isekai, magic, psychic powers regulated by the government, shady boss, yandere neighbor. I feel like there's a lot to look forward to and I love it.

P.S. While watching the episode I didn't realize that Pii-chan was voiced by Aoi Yuuki.... wow.
Jan 6, 9:54 AM
Oct 2019
calm anime, I hope to see what Sasaki will do, looking forward to the next episodes!
Jan 6, 10:05 AM

May 2019
Reply to haku_mccvi
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Sasaki's girl neighbor mentioned on one of their interactions that her mom had brought home a male stranger so they were presumably having sex since she was outside but thinking it over I found it odd that she was outside frequently.

At what minute was that said? I honestly didn't see it, but it gives a very important context to the neighbor's story.
@haku_mccvi
It was at 15:38, right before her stomach grumbled and he gave her a candy bar he had won in a raffle.
Jan 6, 10:10 AM

May 2019
Reply to traed
@Alfredo-Sauce
I was going off her yandere like reaction thinking Sasaki might have a girlfriend, that maybe she was lying coming up with excuses. At first i thought she was some poor girl with a shitty mom so she hangs out front all the time but if she isnt youd think her mom would wonder why she's always out front of the door waiting for Sasaki. Yeah I thought she also might have some power.

One thing that bothers me if that world has magic or some kind or science too you would think they would be able to figure out plastic is other worldly. If I was Sasaki Id avoid too cheap of stuff to stick to all metal and wood and stone made objects.
@traed
When the neighbor girl first said good morning after Sasaki threw out the trash I thought nothing much but as they kept showing her I thought it was that she kept getting locked out. But one of the last scenes where she seemingly got jealous of Sasaki's coworker did make me wonder if she likes him but I have a feeling it will turn out that she's got some power too but who knows, maybe she is just a weird yandere girl lol.

And yeah good point about the plastics on cheap items, he should stick to the metals and woods that could theoretically be made in that other world too.
Jan 6, 10:52 AM
Jan 2016
I like the calm/chill atmosphere that this has even when stuff gets a bit crazy.

First half was good setup for the situation then the second half just throws everything for a bit of a loop which was pretty great.

Going from "ah, chill isekai with bird" to "oh and the regular world also has secret paranormal abilities too and you are now part of a secret organization to deal with them" was pretty crazy.

With the MCs massive chill vibes though it seems like it'll keep things tempered nicely.
Jan 6, 11:22 AM
Apr 2017
Seems like some of the same premise as last year's "Saving 80,000 Gold In Another World". Gaining the ability to travel between worlds, the protagonist uses the ability to trade and amassing wealth. This guy doesn't seem to get everything on a platter, though, and the troubles are in the real world as well. In short, it's better executed. Promising start. We'll see how it goes.
Jan 6, 11:47 AM
May 2017
omg the bird is Boogiepop
I guess the VA had a lot of other roles too, but she only sounded like this in Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019)

other than this, the anime started out like some isekai thing, didn't like it too much, but the other half saved it for me
all honestly they could just cut the isekai part, so far it doesn't seem to be too important, since he used it to get nice things he couldn't afford in "real life", but now with his new job he will be loaded with cash in his original world too
it could be an anime about grown-ups with magical powers (in other animes always high school kids are having the magic)

hopefully, they will keep the isekai part to a minimum, then I might like the anime
Jan 6, 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@traed
When the neighbor girl first said good morning after Sasaki threw out the trash I thought nothing much but as they kept showing her I thought it was that she kept getting locked out. But one of the last scenes where she seemingly got jealous of Sasaki's coworker did make me wonder if she likes him but I have a feeling it will turn out that she's got some power too but who knows, maybe she is just a weird yandere girl lol.

And yeah good point about the plastics on cheap items, he should stick to the metals and woods that could theoretically be made in that other world too.
@Alfredo-Sauce
She blushed with her head turned after he took the cookies so she does like him.
Jan 6, 2:26 PM
Jan 2016
I like the calm/chill atmosphere that this has even when stuff gets a bit crazy.

First half was good setup for the situation then the second half just throws everything for a bit of a loop which was pretty great.

Going from "ah, chill isekai with bird" to "oh and the regular world also has secret paranormal abilities too and you are now part of a secret organization to deal with them" was pretty crazy.

With the MCs massive chill vibes though it seems like it'll keep things tempered nicely.
Jan 6, 2:52 PM

Apr 2022
Great episode, maybe a bit long, but it's a special so it's totally okay. I think I'll enjoy this anime up, it actually has an interesting plot.
Jan 6, 2:53 PM

Jun 2013
An hour long first ep gone in a flash.
The MC isn't stupid and quite aware.
High hopes and expectations for the series!
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Jan 6, 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
That was a pretty fun watch. I hope it'll stay that way for the whole season.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 22

98 by Jorovie »»
Apr 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Feb 9

68 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Feb 2

83 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Mar 1

47 by Forum »»
Apr 20, 10:45 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

27 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 18, 9:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.