Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
We got a climatic battle this episode between Senku and Ibara. The latter looked insane in this fight with that hysterical personality of his. Truly though, this episode justifies that even with science, it would be difficult.

Ibara's massive ego took hold of him as well. Like Jesus Christ, this episode really bought out his personality in the most insane way possible. I love how Senku didn't back down no matter what though, especially with the high stakes.
Nov 30, 2023 5:58 AM

May 2020
Over the time, it’s amazing how much Chrome has grown to be someone who Senku could believe without thinking twice. I mean if it wasn’t for him telling Senku that the petrification beam does travel at a constant speed, and in the meanwhile making sure everyone does stand evenly spaced, when about to get petrified, was what ultimately led Senku to somehow escape from the grasps of the beam.

Senku does get credit for his quick thinking again, but so the others. As for Ibara, this man might not be from the modern age, but you’ve to give it to him for how he managed to corner Senku, despite his limited knowledge over many things. I mean he wasn’t even buying bluffs lol. Though you might call it convenient, how Ryusui revived again, but then again we couldn't have had all the odds against Senku and co. too lol.

The petrification happened again, Ryusui went out again, but he did so in some way… by placing the earpiece just at the right place beside Ibara, and that’s all it took Senku to FINALLY have Ibara turn into stone. Phew, was a classic dr. stone episode.

“I outwitted you, no I did, no see again I did… no, no you see again I did”, this arc in simple words tbh lol. But that’s one fine conclusion, and quite honestly then that Ruri call in the end made it the finest.
Nov 30, 2023 6:06 AM

Dec 2021
The humor in the "self-driving car" joke was particularly amusing, especially when you catch on that there wasn't any fancy A.I. steering the wheel.

As a result of Ibara's tactics, Treasure Island becomes engulfed in a petrifying glow. Successively, the companions of the Science Kingdom and the island residents are transformed into stone. Only Ibara, who had avoided the light while on the ship, manages to survive. However, upon confidently setting foot on the island, Ibara discovers that Senku, using scientific ingenuity, has thwarted the petrification device and stands alone! The confrontation on Treasure Island over control of the petrification device finally reaches its peak with a showdown between Senku and Ibara.

I'm glad that Ibara got taken down by that truck, haha. After weeks of watching the Kingdom of Science go through a rough time, this episode had me clapping. It couldn't have been more epic— the dramatic escape, Ryusui's comeback, and the drone zooming straight onto the media's devices thanks to Ryusui's control skills. The whole situation was admittedly a bit naive, like that bottle hitting Ryusui of all people. At least we finally got our hands on the Petrification Device. I hope Senku doesn't decide it's too risky to keep. It's unlikely, considering Senku's keen interest in examining everything about it to understand how the Petrification Disaster from over 3000 years ago really worked, but you never know.

Senku found himself encircled by numerous stone statues, but he wasn't solitary anymore. There were other people out there who hadn't been turned into stone statues.

Nov 30, 2023 6:46 AM
Sep 2015
Nice that we get a little bit of post-battle scene where Senku reminiscent on what he had done so far, and he's not alone anymore.

While I hate Ibara, I've to admit that his unpredictable nature push Senku's brain cells to the limit.
Nov 30, 2023 7:15 AM

Feb 2021
Like how many people guessed, Senku threw the revival fluid to revive himself! His "transformation" scene was so damn cool! The marks on his face didn't disappear for some reason, but they look cool so I'm not complaining.
"You May Have Outsmarted Me, But I Outsmarted Your Outsmarting!"
Senku's scream after the battle was real. The ending made me emotional again.
Really good episode, but yeah, they really need to explain why the device worked now but it didn't when Senku said the command though the phone last episode lol.

Edit: Yeah, it was too far from the device last episode and Senku said it himself. And yeah I'm stupid.
EmbientNov 30, 2023 8:57 AM
Nov 30, 2023 7:41 AM

Mar 2020
Maybe the best episode of the season so far, Ibara was a pretty smart villain all things considered, and Senku had to pull out all the stops to defeat him. I liked the ending scene when Ruri called him from the other side of the world. Now the recovery begins.
Nov 30, 2023 7:49 AM
Apr 2021
the ending was emotional af ngl
Nov 30, 2023 7:53 AM
Aug 2019
Alex_the_reaper said:
the ending was emotional af ngl

I'm crying here 🥹
Why can't I find Sakura saku 31st chapter anywhere??
Nov 30, 2023 8:03 AM
Feb 2021
This episode is probably one of the most well executed, intense, awesome and hype episodes Dr. Stone has ever had.

The back and forth battle between Senku and Ibara was so close and so intense, that I felt that at any point anything could've happened. Every step of the way was getting both of them closer and closer to the edge, and it really made for a masterpiece of an episode.

I haven't seen a battle of wits that well done in years, bravo Dr. Stone.
Nov 30, 2023 8:34 AM

Apr 2023
The way they all trust each other, Senku's high fives and scream, that last shot.. this episode hit me right in the feels!

Amazing battle of wits as well!
Nov 30, 2023 8:42 AM
Feb 2020
senku is the scientist of the week

here are my thoughts from during the episode:
i dont know why ibara is celebrating after he believes every person on the island is petrified
he doesnt know how to depetrify people and he petrified the only people who do know how
so hes just gonna be alone for the rest of his life and then die and go to hell for all of eternity

THIS IS CRAZY, ALL THE WAY BACK IN 2019 I FOUND OUT ABOUT DR STONE FROM A FILM THEORY EPISODE AND IN THAT EPISODE MAT PAT CALLED THE PETRIFICATION "GETTING STONED" AND NOW IN THIS EPISODE SENKU SAID "I'LL BE STONED" ITS JUST THE SUBTITLES BUT ITS STILL HILARIOUS

my theory for how senku survived this was that by everyone getting in a line they slowed down the petrification beam and it deactivated before it could get to senku but the actual answer makes more sense

senku is very lucky to have 3700 years of experience counting seconds perfectly so he will know exactly when to use the revival fluid

did self driving cars not exist in 2019? the chapter this scene is adapted from was released in 2019 and canonically the petrification happened in 2019 so from what senkus saying it seems that they didnt exist in 2019 so the kingdom of science is how more advanced than humanity pre-petrification at least in one sense

i think because senku didnt finish saying "seconds" the medusa wont activate, this is bad ibara the cautious old man has once again taken hold of the medusa

every main character in this show is a genius in one way or another
senku is a genius at math and science
taiju has endless brute strength
yuzuriha is probably the fastest sewer in the world
gen is the most superficial man in the world
ryusui is a brilliant captain with amazing instincts
soyuz has superhuman memory (senku probably does too but not as crazy as soyuz remembering being a baby)
tsukasa, hyoga, and moz are all genius fighters in different ways
ukyo has incredible hearing
kohaku has insane eye sight
and ibara is brilliantly cautious and purely evil
the past villains have not been nearly as evil as ibara
magma doesnt understand the value of human life, tsukasa is a murderer but hes also an awesome guy and i understand why he did what he did but i completely disagree with him, hyoga went crazy in season 2 but he has become more sane since then, ibara on the other hand is so quick to murder people and doesnt seem to care if he is the last man on earth

for some reason ibara looks younger now, also those spikes on his fingers are kinda silly XD

LOL NOW SENKU IS THROWING CHEMICALS AT HIM

does senku have any revival fluid left? who would he revive if he does? tsukasa is in the opening but i think hes still frozen back i guess where his kingdom used to be
i dont think they would bring him on the ship, but if they did he is petrified now and will be healed if revived, its also possible he revives one of the statues he found of people who got petrified by the petrification kingdom in the past, if senku can get back to the cave he will likely be able to get more revival fluid

WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED SENKU IS MENTIONED IN THE 100 TALES ISNT HE? SO IBARA WOULD LIKELY KNOW ABOUT SENKU

this is the cliff of the howling seas, does this mean that the drone is going to finally get its hands on the real medusa?

RYUSUI HAS BEEN REVIVED! HE MUST BE FLYING THE DRONE! HE'S THE FIRST PERSON TO EVER BE REVIVED THRICE!

why hasnt the medusa activated yet? are they all going to be petrified? what happens then?

senku will never lose at counting he did it perfectly for 3700 years, but no one is more cautious than ibara

what just happened? ryusui got petrified for the fourth time now and flew at ibara but where is senku?

THE EAR RING IS ATTACHED TO THE MEDUSA, TO ACTIVATE IT YOU HAVE TO TALK AT IT UP CLOSE, SENKU IS GOING TO USE THE EAR RING TO DO JUST THAT, ITS OVER FOR IBARA

i didnt think i was going to cry but as soon as i heard the voice on the phone i started crying
its ruri isnt it? this is huge

i am actually disappointed that they didnt show the people back in the village at all before now but seeing ruri after so long is amazing, senku isnt alone, hes never going to be alone again

for some reason it started buffering once the ending theme started so now im watching the ending on 240p and somehow it made the audio sound more like its being played in real life rather than a recording on a computer
Nov 30, 2023 9:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Been a long time coming this one. Best episode in quite some time.
Nov 30, 2023 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Power of Friendship done right.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 30, 2023 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
ibara is one smart villain for sure damn

glad senku and ryusui won
Nov 30, 2023 9:47 AM

Oct 2023
what an interesting turn off event. medusa vs demigods
Nov 30, 2023 9:48 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. Senku actually revived himself by throwing the revival fluid up in the air. But the way he calculated the exact moment to throw it was so badass. The scene of him being petrified and depetrified was cool too.

Actually, the whole episode was badass. The mind game with Ibara was... exhilarating! Ibara is not just disgusting, he's a smart bastard as well. Senku beating him was very satisfying.

This episode kept me on edge for its entire runtime. That was amazing. I didn't think the boss battle would be so long and so satisfying.

The last scene was also emotional. Can't wait for the next episode where he revives all his friends and tell them his crazy story. I wonder what the last 3 episodes are going to be about.
Nov 30, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode, it was too fast

give me the next episode, alala
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 30, 2023 9:54 AM

Dec 2018
I was pretty worn out on the twists, it was a little heavy handed and I'm glad that much is over (i hope).
Nov 30, 2023 9:56 AM

Dec 2020
Well that was an intense battle between ibara and senku really but in the end senku was the last standing man and yeah he is not alone.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 30, 2023 10:27 AM

Apr 2021
This was so incredibly tense, I was on edge the entire time. And it only worked so well, because Ibara was a legitimately dangerous thread.
On top of that, it was such an unique and well constructed fight with believable twists and turns. With just a tiny bit of shounen magic to make it work.
Nov 30, 2023 10:37 AM

Dec 2022
if it was me the first thing i would do is kick the old mans statue anyway now senku not only has powerful allies and the strongest weopen he can experiment with to know the truth
Nov 30, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2019
Ibara reign of terror is finally over and what a conclusion to the battle. His pride and arrogance ended up being his downfall just as you’d imagine. The last two episodes have been the best Dr. Stone episodes imo. So well done. The tension, the build up, the fights! All immaculate.

Got a little emotional at the end of the episode when senku realised after the phone call that he’s not alone. He can bring his friends back and their sacrifices are why he’s still walking around. Can’t wait for next episode
Marinate1016Nov 30, 2023 10:46 AM
Nov 30, 2023 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
So many twist! in the end best male character Ryuusui turned out to be the MVP, man that final bit with Senku once again surrounded full of petrified people got me emotional, he has a strong will but one man can only take so much but this time he wasn't alone thanks to the Ishigami Villagers.
Nov 30, 2023 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
The trust everyone has in Sengoku is amazing . Then again, when I had a genius friend like that I would be confident too in such a situation xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 30, 2023 11:27 AM
Feb 2021
This episode was too good..
Nov 30, 2023 11:27 AM

May 2015
I noticed Senku mentioning something about Pythagoras during the car runover scene (pitagorasuicchi), then discovered he's actually referencing PythagoraSwitch, a Japanese educational programme that features Rube Goldberg machines.

The final scene with Senku feeling alone is greatly extended compared to the manga where it lasts less than a second if you're speed reading, making it far more emotional imo.

Ryuusui has now been petrified four times!
Nov 30, 2023 11:55 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The showdown between Ibara and Senku came to an end with Senku finally acquiring the Medusa weapon. I thought old man Ibara was going to win again when he set off Medusa again, but Ryuusui made the last minute save to attach the earring listening device on Medusa before getting petrified again. It was Ibara's overconfidence in being cautious that lead him to be petrified for the first time.

Now Senku is all alone on the island, but he's still able to communicate with the people from the Ishigami village.

Time to revive everyone.
Nov 30, 2023 11:56 AM

Oct 2009
That's a few too many lolnope plot twists in such a short amount of time.
Nov 30, 2023 12:03 PM
Jun 2022
Great episode, but can someone explain why Senku's voice could not activate the Medusa when it came from the gramophone thing at the start of the episode, but did activate it when it came from the earpiece?
Nov 30, 2023 12:43 PM

Nov 2020
BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON !!

Nov 30, 2023 12:48 PM
Jun 2021
SHINOBI-03 said:
Power of Friendship done right.

Couldn’t have said it better
Nov 30, 2023 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to Superjarne123
Great episode, but can someone explain why Senku's voice could not activate the Medusa when it came from the gramophone thing at the start of the episode, but did activate it when it came from the earpiece?
@Superjarne123 as Senku speculated (that is, the author explained) it's because the gramophone was too far from the Medusa
Nov 30, 2023 12:50 PM
Jun 2022
Alonerx24 said:
@Superjarne123 as Senku speculated (that is, the author explained) it's because the gramophone was too far from the Medusa

Ahhh okay, got the impression that they meant it had to be your natural voice
Nov 30, 2023 12:52 PM

Apr 2008
Would be a real shame if they had no revival fluid left at all amirite?
Nov 30, 2023 1:02 PM
May 2021
Senku the goat man of science!!!
Nov 30, 2023 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
In that scene, everything was really crazy! Senku was really smart in his move against Ibara.

I love this! I hope this anime is going to have a high rank.
Nov 30, 2023 1:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was really wondering how all the info Senku had on the Medusa device would help him survive it, well now we know and it really was something that had to be perfect, well this is Dr. Stone we’re talking about and of course it was indeed perfect lol. And the “boss fight” with Ibara ended up being really intense, I had no idea how a one on one confrontation with Ibara would go but I really liked it, especially there in the final moments where some plays made were truly wild, I had a feeling Senku would revive someone to help him, but using the earpiece to finally defeat Ibara was perfect, nice to finally see him go down after all the shit he’s done.

And to end the episode off, after it appeared that Senku was once again alone in the world after everyone but him got stoned, he was reminded that he definitely isn’t alone this time, that was a really good spot to end on after such a good episode, and we’re not even at the end yet so it’ll be interesting for to see what the rest of this season has in store.
Nov 30, 2023 1:45 PM

Oct 2017
Finally the villain is done for. Senku's not alone this time. What a guy though really.
Nov 30, 2023 1:53 PM
Feb 2021
holy shiiiiiT 🔥🔥
Nov 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
This battle between Senku and Ibara proved to be a tough one, where the drive to outsmart one another kept up the intensity of the fight from start to finish. Senku had to put in a Herculean effort during the whole episode. First was how he had to calculate the timing of throwing the revival fluid in order to revive him at the same time that was getting petrified, which paid off by a narrow margin.

Even tougher than that was staying one step ahead of Ibara. His overly cautious nature made him a difficult opponent to go up against and Senku had to give it his all here. He even had another bottle of revival fluid, which he chose to revive Ryusui, which was a wise choice during the latter stages of the battle. In the end, thanks to Ryusui's last ditch move to attach the ear ring receiver to the Medusa's Eye, Senku was able to activate it to petrify Ibara once and for all, thus winning this closely contested battle.

The aftermath carried emotion, as it made Senku feel like he was alone again, similar to his situation at the beginning of the first season. Thankfully, a phone call from Ruri back on the mainland brought his mind back to reality, reminding him that he isn't alone at all.

Overall, this episode was great, where it kept me on the edge of my seat with how close the fight was between Senku and Ibara. =)
Nov 30, 2023 2:44 PM

Sep 2017
I'm still waiting for explanation on the beam device
خ
Nov 30, 2023 4:22 PM

Apr 2022
thats a boss fight right there.
Nov 30, 2023 5:15 PM
Oct 2016
Senku won the boss battle!! He has defeated the evil Ibara and won the petrification device. A crazy episode showing Senku face off against the most cautious enemy yet. Ibara had counters for every move Senku made right up until the end. Senku calculating how fast the beam was moving, Chrome having everyone use their bodies to measure for Senku. A great display of brain power and bringing something back from the very beginning of the story, the fact that Senku counted the entire thousands of years he was stone the first time. So his counting an calculating skills have literally been trained for this moment. Ibara not going down without a fight, even with not being stone is was never going to be easy getting the medusa. Senku taking a tactical retreat and feeding Ryusui to help with the drone. Which finally came to use after the whole fake out with Kirisame before. Ryusui sacrificing himself again to help Senku beat Ibara with the earring. Sometimes the simplest devices can help turn the tide of battle, Senku winning because of that earring and Ibara own arrogance. It was sad for a moment when Senku thought he was alone again until Ruri calling at just to right time reminding Senku he's not alone like before.
Nov 30, 2023 5:17 PM
Dec 2021
Stark700 said:
We got a climatic battle this episode between Senku and Ibara. The latter looked insane in this fight with that hysterical personality of his. Truly though, this episode justifies that even with science, it would be difficult.

Ibara's massive ego took hold of him as well. Like Jesus Christ, this episode really bought out his personality in the most insane way possible. I love how Senku didn't back down no matter what though, especially with the high stakes.

That's why we love Senku!
Nov 30, 2023 6:12 PM

Jun 2021
What an epic battle! Ibara being a smart villain made it more engaging. And the result was Senku is the last man standing but he's not alone.
Nov 30, 2023 6:15 PM
Oct 2019
Epic Last Man Standing Battle!!

"Those who think they're smart are the easiest ones to screw over." back at you Ibara LMAO

Senku will never lose in SCIENCE!!
Nov 30, 2023 6:51 PM
Nov 2019
Ryusui really let himself get petrified a 4th time to stop Ibara.
Nov 30, 2023 7:49 PM
Mar 2015
In the end Ibarra got stoned ,man
Nov 30, 2023 8:30 PM

Mar 2020
Why does the opening song feels perfect for christmas season. I think i would be playing it on my spotify more this december.

That was amazing Senku-kun. I'm crying at the end like how became peaceful now they get rid of that rat. Love the sunset and after that the ED pby Anly plays that was perfect 😭♥
Zorosuke_Nov 30, 2023 8:40 PM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 30, 2023 8:45 PM
Oct 2020
They really went full shonen when it came to 5 seconds of the Medusa at the end, cause damn those were some long 5 seconds, even still man, this episode really got me emotional at the end, it really gave the feeling of how we have come so far, which I didn't even feel for the end of aot, and this isn't even close to the end Dr. Stone, and I still feel like I'm gonna miss this, I really hope tms does a complete adaptation and not leave it hanging
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2023

69 by Rezete_01 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

135 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 10, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

97 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 9, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

112 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 9, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2023

92 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 9, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.