Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
We got more some more focus on Roxy again although my interest was more into Fate's adventure.

At the same time, this episode also focused on Fate repaying a debt to Myne. They confront a machine-angel hybrid being that stood in their way. This was a chance for both characters to showcase their skills even if their enemy is no pushover. Myne also turns out to be a tougher than she looks in the show.
Nov 19, 2023 7:50 AM

Dec 2021
Damn, Aaron really is a legend in this world.

Roxy, who arrived at Aaron's village by chance while searching for Fate, receives sword training from Aaron, her late father Mason's comrade and the one who named her. Meanwhile, Fate comes to the village of Myne, now in ruins, to repay a debt. Standing in their way are chimeras, artificially created bio-weapons, combining the skills of magical creatures. Against the overwhelming strength of the celestial weapon Chimera Haniel, Fate and Myne find themselves struggling.

It's really unfortunate what happened to Myne's friend. Once someone becomes a chimera, they lose their true identity. Initially, I was confused and thought I was watching the wrong anime because Haniel looked like an Eva, of all things. It's surreal how it transformed into an angel with those wings. The blue-haired girl at the end of the episode is displayed on the main poster. My guess is that she could either be the primary antagonist or might become a member of Fate's harem. The latter seems more probable, judging by typical tropes.

Roxy is about to face some challenges in Babylon next week.

Nov 19, 2023 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Myne is quite the peculiar girl that Fate has no idea what's up on her. But whatever it is, their headstart to Galia before Roxy's forces does is a good sign.

As expected, Roxy's forces arrive in Hausen to be greeted by Aaron Barbatos, though Fate's identity must be kept hidden. And since both the Hart and Barbatos families are in communion, against the Vlericks who have hatred and blood on their hands, he offers to train Roxy as well since her destination is where both Fate and Myne are at now: Galia. And essentially, her request for him to work together to defeat Chimera Haniel, Myne wastes no time activating the robot-like monster, which has a human trapped in its core. Fate has to activate his Gluttony power, and only one chance to pull it off.

Even though facing Chimera Haniel is tough on Fate, his strategy with Greed keeps him afloat, though the core's memories show someone whom Myne knows in her past. If Fate goes berserk, Myne would slay him down first, and that's a fact. Splitting ways to go to the Sentinel City Babylon, Fate travels beyond to Galia to its only entrance through northern gate, and Roxy has arrived.

The new battleground: Babylon. What surprises await everyone there?
Nov 19, 2023 8:54 AM
Sep 2021
Ftae and myne defeat a chimera and part ways and fate reaches babylon where he sees roxy, but somebody else is also after roxy.
Nov 19, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2016
Fate and Myne taking down this giant evangelion unit I mean chimera. Finding their way to Myne hometown that's been destroyed, finding a lost biological weapon still in tact that transformed into that big mecha looking beast. With a horribly experimented on girl as its core. I don't blame Fate for being hesitant after looking her in the eyes but that thing must be stopped. Myne acting cold as always but she's right, its interesting how her sins weapon works getting stronger but slower with each attack. Fate trying all his different weapon forms only to not get anywhere with that regeneration the chimera has. Fate unlocking a different kind of scythe with three blades on it to deliver the final blow. Seeing memories of the experimented girl as she dies, Fate knows that kind of pain after using Greed so much. A very sweet moment with Fate asking Myne to kill him if he ever goes berserk. Now they depart as Myne has work to do here and Fate must continue on. Going to the same city Roxy is traveling to fight as her life is in danger.
Nov 19, 2023 10:40 AM

Mar 2013
They finally revealed a hint from where they came from! but Fate actually has a biological father iirc. Finally, some developments!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 19, 2023 11:00 AM
May 2020
Damn I was hoping the white-haired chimera girl would be saved somehow and become a traveling companion
Nov 19, 2023 11:02 AM
Aug 2017
The bioGundam was pretty dope, I wonder if Myne is lying about not remembering, or does she remember EVERYTHING all to well and that is why she is so angry.
Nov 19, 2023 11:02 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to senebris
Damn I was hoping the white-haired chimera girl would be saved somehow and become a traveling companion
@senebris Does the white-haired brown girl die? Too bad. I was about to check out this anime purely because I like her design and, apparently, she's some kind of ancient being.
Nov 19, 2023 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
Get on the axe!!!

Fate senses some Roxy hate!! Aint no way hes going to let that slide.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 19, 2023 12:42 PM

Feb 2019
Damn the giant Eva unit fight was wild. Couldn’t help but feel bad for the chimera girl in the end. Clearly just a victim of some really unfortunate circumstances and experimentation. Seeing someone normally as composed and calm as Myne get emotional and hug Fate tells you all you need to know. Gonna miss seeing her travel around with Fate, hate that they split up :/

We got a little hint as to where the sin series users come from, but Fate had a biological father iirc so maybe there’s some exceptions.

As expected, this whole trip is clearly a set up to take Roxy out. Wonder who this blue haired assassin is. She is on the KV for the anime so, we’ll see.
Marinate1016Nov 19, 2023 12:48 PM
Nov 19, 2023 12:44 PM
Mar 2023
Is it just me or is the pacing of the episodes far to quick and all the deus ex machina (convienant to plot shit) all just too much?
Nov 19, 2023 2:42 PM

Feb 2019
i thought Fate would have a hard time finishing off that chimera given his initial reaction; good thing he got over that quick lol now that Roxy & Fate are in the same city, how will Fate protect Roxy from a certain death that awaits her?
Nov 19, 2023 3:10 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

i want to know what will happen next...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 19, 2023 4:12 PM

Sep 2018
Everything Fate says is very "on the nose" and obvious, the dialogue kind of sucks in this show. A lot of the time he questions or says things, solely for the audience to get the answer, as if we haven't already found out.
Nov 19, 2023 4:13 PM
Jul 2015
This show has now turned into it's ultimate and final form - the steaming pile of dumpster fire.

(It's not well and doesn't want to go on. Pls just kill it already.)
Nov 19, 2023 4:19 PM

Mar 2017
Reply to NotDigit
@senebris Does the white-haired brown girl die? Too bad. I was about to check out this anime purely because I like her design and, apparently, she's some kind of ancient being.
@NotDigit UPDATE: started watching it. 🤣
Nov 19, 2023 4:57 PM

Jul 2019
The fight is good on this episode, but one thing that bother me is the power tier. It has no clear narration, which made the power tier hard to understand.
Nov 19, 2023 5:14 PM

Dec 2018
So was she a victim of human experimentation? Idk, this episode left more questions than answers especially with that cliffhanger.
Nov 19, 2023 9:25 PM

Mar 2021
the last episode felt like a lich hunt speedrun, but the pacing was back to normal in this episode. The manga and the LN also had the same problem of power scaling. The power starts slowly at thousands and before we know, there are people and monsters with stats over billions. its such a ridiculous jump. But oh well!! its still somewhat interesting.
Nov 19, 2023 9:42 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to NotDigit
@NotDigit No, Myne doesn't die.
Nov 19, 2023 10:37 PM
Feb 2021
It was amazing and answered many questions
Nov 19, 2023 11:49 PM
Jul 2021
You know you have made it big when you see your work copied & paste decades after you made said project. The copy and paste Evangelion in this episode made me lol

Otherwise this anime became sh!t a while ago, I am here just so I can call it out and my low score to count at the end of the day.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 20, 2023 2:54 AM

Mar 2008
Huh where'd the Eva unit come from lol I mean it works but it feels out of place in design a little bit for this world but not too much

Wait this is confusing. Why is it implied that Myne is thousands of years old but that memory didnt look that far in the past. Perhaps part of her memories come from elsewhere?
Nov 20, 2023 3:58 AM

Oct 2017
Eva? So that girl was Myne's sister or something alike. Sucks that Myne left, hope to see her again. The other girl appears? She a villain?
Nov 20, 2023 6:02 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to Tanaka_Tomoyuki
@NotDigit No, Myne doesn't die.
@Tanaka_Tomoyuki Got it, thanks! 😁
Nov 20, 2023 6:19 AM
Jun 2012
Nice to see that there is continued development with the old man sensei swordsman. And his castle.

Hope that Fate can return to that and gain something in the future.

Would be a shame if that never went anywhere.
Nov 20, 2023 8:55 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Hm plot armor is strong this time, there is no real tension :D But yeah why not, i still watch it (:
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 20, 2023 4:57 PM

May 2019
I thought that Roxy was ahead of Fate so I was surprised to see her reach Aaron's castle after Fate left. Nonetheless I was surprised to hear that Aaron named Roxy and he knows that Roxy is walking into a trap but now with Fate also in Galia I doubt she'll die now. On that note Myne thinks that Fate may die before they see each other again so maybe Fate might sacrifice himself to save Roxy, we'll see.
Nov 20, 2023 5:44 PM
Oct 2022
Was Hanniel Envy? and was the previous wielder of Greed, Pride?

All scientists wear lab coats, even in fantasy worlds 🤣

Did the points from Hanniel not overwhelm fate because of training? because of giving them away for the shield? (even though he gave them away way later?)

It's not the best show of the season, but I'd say it's gotten better for me. Episode 3 was my low point.
Nov 21, 2023 8:33 PM
Nov 2019
fate mengalahkan chimera
My Candies :
Nov 22, 2023 9:50 PM

Sep 2007
Aaron lives to train the characters as they pass through. He like, "you sure you don't need more strength and stamina? Ok homie, see you on the revive..."
Nov 23, 2023 6:54 AM

Feb 2021
So they are sisters?
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 26, 2023 8:05 AM
Sep 2020
this time was better
Dec 12, 2023 7:25 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, this Aaron is pretty much the "Trainer" that everyone meets in MMORPG that's in the middle of nowhere right before you enter into a higher level zone.

Also, last episode said the old dude's reached his max level? is that level 100? what's his actual stat now? hmm... since it also looks like he has some skills to go on par with powered-up Fate.

(plus, Aaron could sense Fate using Identify and the ability to use Holy Sword skills in previous episode when they used the Grand Cross)

And now they're fighting a Chimera... which is a naked lady with other monsters mixed in.

Also... nice Scythe... "can cut anything" but can't cut "lava".... LUL

Then the chimera lady goes into some sort of weird Evagelion mode... LOL, this series....

Meanwhile the MC goes "The power in my eye" Chunni-style. LOOOOOL

BTW... is this what killed Roxy's dad? or is this just a random monster that Myne wanted to beat?...

And RIP Chimera-lady...

BTW... so... 4000 years ago their Planet was "Earth" with modern looking doctor-white-suits. Yet another "Advanced civilization research weapons of mass destruction gone wrong"

Afterwards... we get that "ship" between Myne and Fate and Greed turned into a shield...What's this? another Shield Hero?

With that, the end also sorta revealed how Roxy's dad died? someone's trying to kill Roxy too.
amlgDec 12, 2023 7:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 2, 9:26 PM

Jul 2008
Roxy being targeted again, no surprise...

And more cryptic info about the sin wielders.
Mar 19, 7:20 AM
Jun 2022
Crappy Episode , Sword As Usual Was The Saving Grace . Not Really , But Oh Well...

May 1, 6:55 AM

Nov 2019
That ominous flashback from the chimera's experimentation seemed to be connected to Myne.

The Galia kingdom fell because of those Chimera beasts and Myne needed Fate's power to capture souls.

This episode went from serious to light hearted in a hearbeat.

Decent episode although the chimera fight was a little haphazard.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boushoku no Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

110 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Boushoku no Berserk Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

49 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boushoku no Berserk Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

31 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Boushoku no Berserk Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

42 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Boushoku no Berserk Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2023

42 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.