Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2023 11:23 PM

Dec 2013
I just bought ps5 the original one.
When ps5 slim comes out, probably ps5 original will have a price drop, is it?

I feel a bit of regret for not waiting until ps5 slim comes out.
The moment I feel is just not right to buy ps5 now, since ps5 slim is coming out very soon next year

But I want to play ps5 so bad since my ps4 has been broken for more than a year. I am also chronically ill (coccydenia and butt pain) dan depressed, so I need some entertainment without having to go out much.

Did I buy ps5 too soon?

Nov 2, 2023 6:59 AM

Jan 2021
Good for you that you bought a PS5. Although the slim version has a bit more space, it's not an upgrade over the original one so I won't regret buying the original one now. Not so sure about the price. It will most probably not or at max drop 30 to 50 dollars by the holidays.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 2, 2023 7:10 AM

Feb 2020
I don't know much about the slim tbh, but the smaller size alone would tempt me to finally get one, as I have no idea where I could put a regular one...
Nov 2, 2023 7:32 AM
Community Mod
đź’§Focalorsđź’§

Mar 2022
Thread has been moved to the correct board.

Well, they have the same specs. I guess it comes down to whether you want a smaller PS5 over a big, chunky PS5.

Apparently, the new Slim model will replace the old PS5 once the stock is gone. You could always sell it at a high price for collectors or something too.
Nov 2, 2023 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
for those who don't have a ps5 yet but are looking to getting one, it's probably worth waiting for the ps5 pro instead, which is rumored to come by the end of 2024.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 2, 2023 8:59 AM

Sep 2018
PS5 Slim will likely be a downgrade if it lacks a disc drive.
Nov 2, 2023 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
The original PS5 is going to be phased out of the market without a price drop. No company is going to market a larger and more substantial product with no performance difference at a lower priceline.

Historically slim models have been cheaper to produce and accompany a lower entry price tag. There are often manufacturing improvements for port durability or system noise, but we haven't seen the ps5 slim abused yet to prove it.

Since you got a PS5 at the same price the slim will be released to, your only regret should be if you wanted something more compact.
Nov 2, 2023 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
There will no be drastic change in price, so don't worry. In my opinion nope, don't see any difference in size like with ps4 slim, and don't know how much it's less power consuming or it's just a myth because as far as I know consoles aren't big power consumers, so enjoy your ps5. My ps4 slim is still working great so I'm still sticking with until works.
Nov 2, 2023 11:51 AM
Nov 2023
The PS5 Slim is indeed expected to be released in the future, but it's important to note that the original PS5 is still a powerful gaming console that can provide you with an excellent gaming experience. While it's true that new console releases can impact the prices of the original versions, it doesn't necessarily mean that your purchase was a mistake.
Nov 7, 2023 5:59 PM
Mar 2017
Disk drive no. Size/the size matching then more empty of the heatsink I'd say so. Price hmm. Disk drive wifi requirement hmm. I'm a disk type anyway so I'd buy the disk edition but even then if offline and the disk edition acts like the digital disk drive then eh get original.

Timing and how busy or not the new stock with this one I'd say so I guess for availability/whatever games around the time/future and how much people care enough to.

I have no interest in it but I still observe if I ever need to for future games I do want to/like to see what changes they make regardless.
Nov 8, 2023 2:16 PM
Dec 2020
Idc since I have a ps5 of my own but all I can say is that is one of the ugliest consoles I've ever seen, it looks like a off brand toy version of ps5
Dec 14, 2023 5:25 AM

Dec 2009
Not exactly.
The fans are better, it's a lot smaller, and you have more hard drive,
but if you care to change the covers, there will be less options, unless you customize it, and it'll sell for less in the end.

Moreso though is the fact that you can replace and expand the hard drive on your own.
So, unless someone wants it for the look and size, that's pretty much it.
Then original fan is fine.

Watch Linus Tech Tips comparison.
He explains it all really well, but it's basically what I'm saying.
Dec 21, 2023 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
Since when have any Sony products been worth the wait and when was the last time you saw someone getting all anticipated over something Sony?

Sorry to say this, but PC master race.
Dec 22, 2023 7:40 AM

Oct 2022
If you really like the PS5, this might be interesting.

Still, for the overall people is totally a disappointment: usually Play Station "Slim" variants are smaller and cheaper models that go down the line to convince the not so fan of Sony to get the platform with some crazy bundle and even some cool color scheme. From what I have seen here, it is the same price, and in my opinion a price too high
Dec 22, 2023 8:06 AM

Feb 2018
I'd say that the ps5 pro will be worth the wait. Afaik in the rumors the ps5 pro will be a big update in hardware compared to the current one. Probably a september/october launch

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^â–˝^)ψ__

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3721 by tinshard »»
53 minutes ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

14 by JaniSIr »»
4 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
Yesterday, 9:51 PM

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.