Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 8, 2023 9:01 AM
Oct 2019
Ahh yes our favorite Shield bro is back!!

Slave Auction?
reminds me of that one arc in One Piece. IYKYK

Trash King is Staff Hero?
doesn't that mean he is also summoned from another world then?

Anyway just from the first episode, Animation and art has defnitely improved, i expect another OST from Kevin Penkin.

This is my last chance for Shield bro.
Oct 8, 2023 9:26 AM

Nov 2013
Loved it. This is 200% improvement from S2. Can't wait for more awesome OST from Kevin.

Raphtalia's rival in cuteness, coming next episode.
Oct 8, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to davidyodo24
Ahh yes our favorite Shield bro is back!!

Slave Auction?
reminds me of that one arc in One Piece. IYKYK

Anyway just from the first episode, Animation and art has defnitely improved, i expect another OST from Kevin Penkin.

This is my last chance for Shield bro.
davidyodo24 said:

The 4 Cardinal Heroes are summoned from different worlds and they get their weapons upon arriving.
The Vassal Weapons choose their owners. The staff is a Vassal weapon.
Vassal Weapon wielders are called Seven Star Heroes in Raphtalia's world.
Oct 8, 2023 10:25 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Yaggamy
davidyodo24 said:

The 4 Cardinal Heroes are summoned from different worlds and they get their weapons upon arriving.
The Vassal Weapons choose their owners. The staff is a Vassal weapon.
Vassal Weapon wielders are called Seven Star Heroes in Raphtalia's world.
@Yaggamy at this point I'm considering you to be the shield hero loremaster lol if I have any questions I'm coming to you
Oct 8, 2023 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
I'm honestly impressed. Story starts interestingly and action looked pretty good. I mean, after S2 having low expectations is given...
Oct 8, 2023 1:34 PM
Feb 2021
Could not be happier with this start I have high hopes for season 3 and rewatch season 2 it’s bit as bad as people are saying the second half was decent
Oct 8, 2023 2:35 PM

Jan 2011
What do you know? The show is back and it doesn't look like shit. Let's hope they don't try and speedrun through shit this time.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 8, 2023 2:43 PM

Sep 2018
Season two left me feeling so disappointed I'm hesitant to even pick this up, I'm getting the vibe that season three is better, but is it comparable with season one?

I really do want to start enjoying this show again.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 8, 2023 6:27 PM
Feb 2021
Animation is looking way better than season 2, glad that it seems like they took their time with this one cause season 2 was disappointing in so many ways. Hope they keep the quality of the first episode going forward.
Oct 8, 2023 8:48 PM

Dec 2018
it felt half cooked and was disappointing; but as an open it wasn't terrible.
Oct 8, 2023 11:53 PM

Sep 2016
If the series completely glosses over the fact Raphtalia is supposed to be a hero too (also her weapon is supposed to be a vassal weapon and she cannot get rid of it), and also to not have the slave crest anymore, imma get angery.

You can't just throw something as cool as that in s2 and then completely forget about it. They already stopped mentioning it for the last 3 episodes of S2, and still no mention of it in this one...sheesh.

If everything goes out of the window, kek..
bruh
Oct 9, 2023 3:54 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to mkzxwing
The quality and directing difference between this and last season is night and day, should be worth watching again...
There's gonna be a ton of plotholes due to how much they skipped in s2 (and feel this season skipped ahead a bit too)
Like say they're already starting with MC mentioning the blood sacrifice aura curse but last season didn't even mention the thing altogether!
@mkzxwing thank you, I was so lost when they mentioned this that I rewatched the last 2 episodes of s2 without understanding what was going on
Oct 9, 2023 2:19 PM

Feb 2020
I really hope this is going to be better than season 2
This episode seems way better than the entire 2nd season so far.

Oct 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Dec 2019
what a BANGER ahh opening song, a bit iffy about this "tournament arc" otherwise looking forward to this season
Oct 9, 2023 7:21 PM

Jan 2017
The travel montage with the clay-like models is neat, otherwise a kinda meh opening for this arc
Oct 9, 2023 7:29 PM

May 2022
It is much better than Season 2. I hope it continues in this way.
Oct 10, 2023 4:53 AM

Sep 2014
They got cursed? Did I miss something?

Well the only thing I remember from lasr season was .. that it was very rough.

But this seems like it will actually be good?

PS: of course season 3 starts with massive amounts of slavery lmao
Comander-07Oct 10, 2023 5:00 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 10, 2023 6:38 AM
Apr 2023
Nice start for another promising arc of this series.

It really is funny to see the other heroes going angsty and edgy just right when the world needs them. But then, it's just another day in Naofumi's isekai life.

Trivia:
Rock Valley is from Naofumi's family name, Iwatani:
Iwa (岩) - Rock
Tani (谷) - Valley
Oct 10, 2023 8:14 AM
Oct 2023
Hi I like it and it was very inspirational and other people should 1000000 percent watch
Oct 10, 2023 9:33 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to JaniYohh
@mkzxwing thank you, I was so lost when they mentioned this that I rewatched the last 2 episodes of s2 without understanding what was going on
@JaniYohh

Yeah... They skipped a ton of really important and/or fun stuff in both the second and first seasons too, but nothing that played out this badly and straight up erased events that are later brought up as a fact you're somehow supposed to know. Another thing they skipped is that Kyo was actually a clone, and his real body was in a vial, and to kill him for real they needed to also kill his soul with one of Raphtalia's swords before it returned to his real body... Oh, and also that said soul was of a middle aged Japanese man that looked nothing like Kyo, which will be a major plot point soon... Last season was a full on disaster plot wise... And in any other regard too
mkzxwingOct 10, 2023 9:47 AM
Oct 10, 2023 12:46 PM
Dec 2017
The last season is a disasterclass. Sometimes i got some flash about this big ass turtle lol.
I give another chance to Shield Hero with this S3 and i am very interesting how they can improve this series
MADKID as usual in the OP, not so bad to hear. A lot of characters, some old ppl some new one.

The animation is better than last season, 3DCGI, some Naofumi movements.
This first S3 episode is litteraly the same as the last S2 episode, not a really good idea, just the first minutes before OP sounds good for me.
Oct 10, 2023 3:49 PM

Aug 2011
First ep looking good i give it a 8/10 and since i read whats going to happen you guys can relax season 2 was bad coz the story sucked even LN readers could of told you that..but season 3 will be good
Oct 10, 2023 8:06 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Comander-07
They got cursed? Did I miss something?

Well the only thing I remember from lasr season was .. that it was very rough.

But this seems like it will actually be good?

PS: of course season 3 starts with massive amounts of slavery lmao
@Comander-07 Yes, basically in the Kyo VS Naofumi fight. the fight was mostly anime original, they cut out an important attack that naofumi used against kyo. and it was Sacrifice Aura, because of Sacrifice Aura. All 3 members of the party were cursed. They are reconnecting stuff that the director from the second season skipped or rewrote entirely with retcons, hence why you see naofumi flashbacking to the effect of the curse on him with ost holding his hand

this season will be good
Oct 11, 2023 12:04 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to mkzxwing
@JaniYohh

Yeah... They skipped a ton of really important and/or fun stuff in both the second and first seasons too, but nothing that played out this badly and straight up erased events that are later brought up as a fact you're somehow supposed to know. Another thing they skipped is that Kyo was actually a clone, and his real body was in a vial, and to kill him for real they needed to also kill his soul with one of Raphtalia's swords before it returned to his real body... Oh, and also that said soul was of a middle aged Japanese man that looked nothing like Kyo, which will be a major plot point soon... Last season was a full on disaster plot wise... And in any other regard too
@mkzxwing Oh what the fuck man ? I heard it was bad because it skipped some things. I didn't imagine it was this bad ... Thanks for the info man
Oct 11, 2023 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to JaniYohh
@mkzxwing Oh what the fuck man ? I heard it was bad because it skipped some things. I didn't imagine it was this bad ... Thanks for the info man
@JaniYohh np. But yeah, that's of the later and more important arc, meanwhile the turtle arc stuff was basically skipped and cut entierly... I'd say read the novel but reading this stuff is long, hard and boring, i had the luxury of the free audiobook in Russian
Oct 11, 2023 5:01 AM
Apr 2023
animation vraiment aux rdv et la suite donne vraiment envie en comparaison avec la saison 2
Oct 11, 2023 9:07 AM
Jan 2018
Tate no yuusha is back to season 1 level, I can see the people coming back after this!
Oct 11, 2023 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to hypexleaks
@Comander-07 Yes, basically in the Kyo VS Naofumi fight. the fight was mostly anime original, they cut out an important attack that naofumi used against kyo. and it was Sacrifice Aura, because of Sacrifice Aura. All 3 members of the party were cursed. They are reconnecting stuff that the director from the second season skipped or rewrote entirely with retcons, hence why you see naofumi flashbacking to the effect of the curse on him with ost holding his hand

this season will be good
@hypexleaks Oh so I didnt just forget about it, they literally just never had it happen in the anime? Damn I thought S2 was .. rough.. but this makes it even worse.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 11, 2023 8:34 PM
Sep 2023
Yes (character limit)
Oct 11, 2023 8:37 PM
Oct 2023
Two words...good episode!!
Oct 12, 2023 10:01 AM

Aug 2011
Well it was nice watching this have decent qualiity animation again - it does make feel the experience better.
It was a little bit rushed but I appreciate none of the dialogues overstayed.

I was a little bit lost at the beginning (it would seem they skipped something?) but I guess they will explain it better later or will add some context some other way.

» Escapism.

Oct 12, 2023 10:58 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Kenchiin
Well it was nice watching this have decent qualiity animation again - it does make feel the experience better.
It was a little bit rushed but I appreciate none of the dialogues overstayed.

I was a little bit lost at the beginning (it would seem they skipped something?) but I guess they will explain it better later or will add some context some other way.

@Kenchiin if you read volume 10, they are rearranging a certain event that actually happens first before they get to the coliseum. This event will happen in Episode 3 or 4, the latest trailer before the anime aired shows it
Oct 12, 2023 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
Reply to hypexleaks
@Kenchiin if you read volume 10, they are rearranging a certain event that actually happens first before they get to the coliseum. This event will happen in Episode 3 or 4, the latest trailer before the anime aired shows it
@hypexleaks thank you :) good to know I wasn't THAT lost lmao!

» Escapism.

Oct 12, 2023 12:25 PM

Jan 2021
I have a theory that the studio literally just killed the 2nd season only to make this one WAY better

Oct 13, 2023 6:56 AM

May 2021
It looks better at least plus the OP's pretty cool. Might be worth a weekly watch once again.

Oct 13, 2023 8:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Rock Valley team, underground Colliseum fighters team!!! kekeke
Oct 14, 2023 3:38 AM
Dec 2022
Here comes season 3. Hope this time no more other world's setting which is not contributing much to the story line.

More Guardian Beasts on the way! This time its the Phoenix! Shield Hero can't catch a break.

Go Team Rockvalley! LOL
Oct 14, 2023 11:19 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Softhenic03
After the absolute absolute disaster the second season was, in practically every aspect, it goes without saying the hopes are as little as they could be for this third season. And that’s kinda disappointing, because the first season back then was actually some ride. Though leaving had and ifs aside, they didn’t waste any time and jumped straight into the plot.

Naofumi and co., who now have already dealt with that glasses maniac and returned from that other world, the news of the other three heroes suddenly disappearing from the face of earth must be some news to Naofumi lol. Neither they could deal with the waves nor could save normal folks from it, so kind of goes without saying shame and embarrassment played the main hand behind their disappearance lol.

I don’t know but the feeling I get from watching this episode is I must’ve missed something in between before jumping to this third season, which ain’t true in reality, but then again, this is the way they adapt things… rushing through them. Anyways, in an attempt to build himself an army of demi-humans slaves and in turn save them, the gang literally went to the good ol’ battlegrounds where people gamble over who could win. Good for them, they easily beat the first joke pair.

Anyways, if anything, the visuals and animation is looking better than the last time around, but that wasn’t any bar either lol. Opening sounds kinda same but is fire, with those visuals.
@Softhenic03 nice summary. 💯

Oct 16, 2023 12:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
After the painful mediocrity that as season 2, I was a little reluctant to start this next season. But wow, between the visuals and directing, this is a complete 180 from season 2. However, I will admit I feel a tad lost when it comes to the story, as if I've missed something. The second season wasn't that long ago, so perhaps the director jumped around a little bit? If it makes the story better than season 2, I'll take it.

Trying not to jump the gun here, but I think Shield Hero might be back.
Oct 20, 2023 9:21 PM
Jan 2021
Quite the start to the season. For those of you who don’t know, the term for when a story starts in the middle of the action is known as In media res. A great example of a movie that does this is Swindle by Nickelodeon. The difference being in that one, it starts toward the end of the movie, and then as the movie goes on the characters and their motivations are established. Right now, we see Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo fighting without any context and it seems that they’re struggling.

So Naofumi is on a mission to strengthen himself and his allies before the Phoenix revives which requires him to get the demi humans from Lurolona Village. I’m assuming this is the village that Raphtalia grew up in and not the village that Naofumi now owns (which I believe is Sayette). It was crazy to see that the slave merchant in Melromarc is the nephew of the one in Zetoble and THEY LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE TO THE POINT WHERE FILO THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME GUY. Unfortunately since Naofumi spent all his money on the Melromarc slaves, he needs some more cash. I guess his other business ventures aren’t an option (for those of you who don’t remember, he is a merchant and knows how to craft gems and stuff).

The Dark Coliseum. What a fitting name since this is an underground fighting arena. Now Team Rockvalley is out here hustling people to get that bread. And speaking of money, we learned in this episode that 1 Gold is worth 100 Silvers. I don’t know if 1 Silver is worth 100 Coppers though, but hopefully that will be clarified in future episodes.

What kind of crazy shenanigans will come in this season? Why are the other three heroes missing? What is Bitch doing? I guess we’ll have to wait to find out!
Oct 20, 2023 9:28 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi saves the day after leaving the exslaves at the mercy of slavers
Oct 21, 2023 2:14 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Is this a return to grace? I hope so. The opening was stunning, the best the show has ever looked, and the decision to kickoff with a tournament arc might have been the right call.
Oct 21, 2023 10:27 AM
Jun 2020
even the opening got me hyped and the rest didn't disappoint, looks like things got back on track and then some. Although I wouldn't have been against shield hero just taking slaves at the underground auction, I mean it wouldn't be that out of character, and shit was illegal...
Oct 26, 2023 8:39 AM
Sep 2021
This episode gave us a quick recap and is starting to set up a lot for the future of this arc. Good opening visuals & animation
Oct 31, 2023 8:29 PM
Jan 2017
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but season 3 has hooked me in. To be honest, I was left disappointed by season 2, so I didn't have a lot of hopes for season 3.

To succeed where season 2 failed, season 3 needs to put the spotlight back on the characters, especially the titular hero. Season 2 tried to do a lot of things at once (the Spirit Tortoise, new heroes, new universes, a villain with nonsensical plot) that Naofumi felt like a supporting character or a glorified extra in his own show. Fortunately, season 3 put the spotlight back on him by giving him a new mission and keeping him grounded in Melromarc. It feels so different from the big battles we've seen in previous season but after so many battles for the fate of the world, a plot about saving slaves feels like a nice change of pace.

So... yeah, season 3 looks good for now. Will Rising of the Shield Hero achieve the heights it got to back in season 1? Probably not but it's safe to say that it's off the good start.
Nov 1, 2023 6:28 PM
Nov 2023
This is so abhorrently bad, I literally could not even make it through the first episode
Nov 4, 2023 3:00 PM

Mar 2010
twas kinda meh but damn the hype and context made it better.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 18, 2023 7:51 AM
Oct 2021
I'm hyped af.

This was way better than I was expecting. Hopefully the animation quality continues with such stunning visuals. I can't wait for the next episode
Nov 23, 2023 7:23 AM
Jun 2019
Nothing much to think about. The single episode was better than the whole of last season, but that doesn't say much about anything because last season was warm garbage. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. Things are looking up.
Dec 9, 2023 6:54 AM
Dec 2023
Me gusto este inicio de 3 temporada espero y sea mejor que la 2 temporada
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

95 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.