Forum Settings
Forums

Why isn't the Castlevania anime not on MAL?

New
Sep 22, 2023 12:36 PM

May 2023
Why isn't the Castlevania anime not on MAL? There are four seasons for this anime, with season 4 coming out soon. The first season began in 2017 I think.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2023 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
That series is not made by Asians so it is not anime.
Sep 22, 2023 12:40 PM

Feb 2020
Made in USA, so I'm afraid it's not an anime. :|

SerafosSep 23, 2023 11:25 PM
Sep 22, 2023 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
I think because it is an adult american animation series, so like Dead Space: Downfall, Spawn or Invincible it isn't counted as an anime. I can sort of understand this as whilst these are cool works of animation, if they were included the argument would be well why not the original Batman series or the Clone Wars TV show also be included as they are also animated series with mature audiences and then it sort of turns MAL into a new thing I will name MCL (My Cartoon List).
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Sep 22, 2023 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
It isn't, so yes, you're right.

As much as I like that series, it's not an anime since it's not made in Asia.

PS the new one looks like it's gonna be good
certainmiracleSep 22, 2023 1:30 PM
Sep 22, 2023 12:48 PM

Oct 2018
It's not good enough to be here, sorry
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 22, 2023 12:51 PM

May 2019
Same reason Avatar the last air bender isn't on here, It's not an anime, it's a stylized cartoon made by studio Frederator an American studio.
Sep 22, 2023 1:18 PM

Jan 2010
Uh, because it's not done by a Japanese studio. If you think this deserve to be labeled as an anime, then should these American cartoon based on Japanese property be classified as anime too:

Yep you got an American Sailor Moon, Gundam, and Saint Seiya cartoon. So should these be classified as anime??
Sep 22, 2023 1:28 PM

Feb 2021
Because it isn't anime, it is a Western cartoon.
Sep 22, 2023 1:36 PM

Apr 2011
It's simple, OP. Castlevania is an American anime influenced animation, not a Japanese production. Therefore, it won't be to the database. This applies to all western animated programming, especially those with an art style influenced by anime. Another website you can look into is https://absoluteanime.com/, they do include animesque cartoons.
MoonBunny9297Sep 25, 2023 8:50 PM

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Sep 22, 2023 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
It's not an anime, that's why it's not listed on MyANIMEList.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Sep 22, 2023 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
Because it isn't valid according to the rules. How many iterations of this thread are needed?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 22, 2023 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
Because this is a typical amerime with all its nuances, such as simulating Japanese production and typical interventions in the original in the style of Western creators. With the same logic, you might ask why the site didn't add Avatar or My Adventures with Superman.
Sep 22, 2023 1:53 PM

May 2018
Simpsons and Zootopia on Myanimelist when?
Nemo_NiemandSep 22, 2023 2:16 PM

Sep 22, 2023 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
Because its not considered anime according to the definition some internet nerds decided. If we were doing Japanese rules, literally everything animation wise would be on here.

It's definitely not because it isn't Japanese, because its been pointed out many times other non-Japanese media is on here.
Sep 22, 2023 3:13 PM

May 2018
"Why isn't the Castlevania anime not on MAL?"

Not enough lewd scenes or lolies? (I guess there's some incest in the vampire genealogical trees tho.)
Sep 22, 2023 3:29 PM
Nov 2017
Reply to alshu
"Why isn't the Castlevania anime not on MAL?"

Not enough lewd scenes or lolies? (I guess there's some incest in the vampire genealogical trees tho.)
@alshu if there aren't any lewd scenes or lolies, then I propose we remove even japanese anime from MAL. You know, for objectivity
Sep 22, 2023 3:32 PM

Apr 2018
It's like : Avatar : The Last Airbender

I genuinely tought it was an anime. But i guess it mades in USA.. so.

Damn i would have rate a 9/10 - 10/10. That anime was so good !
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 22, 2023 3:37 PM
May 2015
Reply to rohan121
That series is not made by Asians so it is not anime.
@rohan121 that is actually not true. It's done by Mua Film and later Tiger Animation, both of which are korean studios
Sep 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to AnimeProspect
@rohan121 that is actually not true. It's done by Mua Film and later Tiger Animation, both of which are korean studios
@AnimeProspect Shows added to this site are only if they are made with Japanese studios aiding them. Chinese stuff get's an excuse because it's partially made in Japan, for instance. If we let every animation on here simply because it resembles anime, we might as well not even call it MyAnimeList anymore.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 22, 2023 4:29 PM

Dec 2015
@Astachanna not reading all comments so sorry if i say the same thing as someone else have already done.

When it comes to something to be counted as a Anime two things needs to be done.

1: Created in one of this three countries, Japan, South Korea or China.
2: Either streamed or streamed in either Japan, South Korea or China.

That's why nothing outside of this 3 countries will ever be counted as Anime.
it dosen't really matter what people think or wants, it will not change.

Myself, wish it would change, would love to see shows like Air Bender/Binder, Castlevania here on this site. It would make myself easier to track stuff I want to see or haven seen.

And the two things i named above is a reason why Anime Wiki's dose not have this kind of shows in them.

I hope you at least learned something from my wall of text.

Have a good one

Sep 22, 2023 5:03 PM

May 2018
BirdyTheMighty said:
if there aren't any lewd scenes or lolies, then I propose we remove even japanese anime from MAL

There are such anime, shock-desu! Sounds like treason, those should eradicated!

satchoff said:

But it has lewd scenes, lolies and almost incest between Zuko and Azula, how that cannot be anime?

Tropisch said:
Shows added to this site are only if they are made with Japanese studios aiding them.

Now seriously - this is not true. No to mention there shows made by japanese studios like Pacific Rim: The Black, which aren't in the database.

Tropisch said:
Chinese stuff get's an excuse because it's partially made in Japan, for instance

Than why shows like Cang Yuan Tu - https://myanimelist.net/anime/55655/Cang_Yuan_Tu with zero japanese input are on MAL?

Thing is the DB moderators don't follow any consistent rules about that. Castelvania and ATLA are rightfully out, but the purely chinese and korean stuff should go too...or maybe the site should be rebranded to My Asian Cartoons And Comics List.

alshuSep 22, 2023 5:17 PM
Sep 22, 2023 5:35 PM

Jul 2021
Because that's actually a cartoon.
Sep 22, 2023 7:41 PM

May 2015
Anime=made in Japan or by a Japanese studio

MAL= my ANIME list
Sep 23, 2023 2:04 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to alshu
BirdyTheMighty said:
if there aren't any lewd scenes or lolies, then I propose we remove even japanese anime from MAL

There are such anime, shock-desu! Sounds like treason, those should eradicated!

satchoff said:

But it has lewd scenes, lolies and almost incest between Zuko and Azula, how that cannot be anime?

Tropisch said:
Shows added to this site are only if they are made with Japanese studios aiding them.

Now seriously - this is not true. No to mention there shows made by japanese studios like Pacific Rim: The Black, which aren't in the database.

Tropisch said:
Chinese stuff get's an excuse because it's partially made in Japan, for instance

Than why shows like Cang Yuan Tu - https://myanimelist.net/anime/55655/Cang_Yuan_Tu with zero japanese input are on MAL?

Thing is the DB moderators don't follow any consistent rules about that. Castelvania and ATLA are rightfully out, but the purely chinese and korean stuff should go too...or maybe the site should be rebranded to My Asian Cartoons And Comics List.

alshu said:

Nah, Avatar is like for kids tough. Felt like i was watching pokemon. Not harmful at all. But great show tough.

( no rxpe, or s*xe ) . Even the poor avatar was trying his best to please the water girl all anime long. I don't even know if he finally end up with her at the end
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 23, 2023 2:13 AM
Sep 2016
because some western ignoramuses still believe that only asian-made animation is called anime.
Sep 23, 2023 2:15 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Another day, another topic about western animation on mal

(Apparently it's because only japan, chinese and korean animations count as anime here on mal)

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Sep 23, 2023 2:33 AM

Aug 2018
Astachanna said:
There are four seasons for this anime, with season 4 coming out soon

You live in a cave or what??

This series ended in 2021.

Pain_The_KamiSep 23, 2023 2:37 AM
Sep 23, 2023 3:46 AM

Dec 2022
Honestly the geographic limitations are super dumb. There would be a lot of overlap in viewers, but due to braindead protectionist naming politics, most places on the internet refuse to put them together on the same sites, even though they're basically the same thing.

It's only anime if it comes from the Nippagne region of Asia, otherwise it's just a sparkling cartoon.

I want to see mixed work of both Japanese and western companies/staff working on the same thing and see how people who put up these stupid artificial walls react to that. Their brains would explode from the contradictions originating from their self-imposed "rules".
Sep 23, 2023 3:53 AM

Dec 2022
Because it's not anime. If it isn't anime, it doesn't belong on MyAnimeList. Chinese and Korean cartoons shouldn't really be here either, for that matter, and I'm praying for their removal from the database at some point.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 23, 2023 4:18 AM

Jan 2018
Chenese and Korean garbage is already on this site, may as well include American cartoons too, why not.
Sep 23, 2023 7:01 AM

May 2018

You kind of missed the subtext why the prison guards were visiting Suki's cell so frequently...
The darker stuff was happening off screen, but heavy hinted.

Same goes for sex (like Sokka x Suki and Zuko x Mai totally did it on the show, just off screen).

satchoff said:
Not harmful at all.

Like most of the shounen/shoujo anime.
Sep 23, 2023 11:20 AM

Jun 2007
And here I thought Castlevania was on MAL, given how the OP question is phrased.
Sep 23, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to princessoftrash
Chenese and Korean garbage is already on this site, may as well include American cartoons too, why not.
@princessoftrash To be fair, not a bad argument. But would you limit it to simply mature western cartoons or just open the flood gates?
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Sep 23, 2023 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
You'd better ask why is Thundercats 2011 not on MAL
Sep 23, 2023 1:34 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to AnimePedestrian
@princessoftrash To be fair, not a bad argument. But would you limit it to simply mature western cartoons or just open the flood gates?
@AnimePedestrian Since this is not a site about anime anymore, I don't see any reason to impose any limitations. Would be funny to see anime and grotesque Soviet cartoons sharing the same site, heh.
Sep 23, 2023 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
Castlevania is too good to be on MAL, since everything here is trash.
Sep 23, 2023 11:13 PM

Apr 2022
I mean if we’re gonna include cartoons on here maybe start with ones that are actually good like Avatar the last Airbender or Arcane?

Castlevania is the epitome of “carried by animation”.
Sep 23, 2023 11:22 PM

Oct 2019
1. going by style would end up being too subjective, so mal goes by "the place it was made". and castlevania is american.

it isn't a perfect system but its a necessary one.

what is complete bull shit is the "target audience thing". that rule is utterly retarded and i really hope gets fixed sooner rather than later.

2. its a new part not s4. and even if we went by seasons, it still wouldn't be 4, it would be season 5.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 23, 2023 11:48 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to Runasius
I mean if we’re gonna include cartoons on here maybe start with ones that are actually good like Avatar the last Airbender or Arcane?

Castlevania is the epitome of “carried by animation”.
@Runasius Castlevania is the epitome of “carried by animation”.

or Arcane?

Jajajajajajajjajajjajajaja Jesus, Mary and Joseph
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 24, 2023 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Because American animation, written and voiced in English by Americans not an anime and never will be.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 24, 2023 3:39 AM
Oct 2014
Why you are so obsessed with Japan to the point where you want to use their language to describe something that is not even related to Japan ? Stop being weeb, it's not healthy.

We already have word "cartoons" which is superior in every way to "anime". The only reason to use "anime" is to not say every time "japanese cartoons" - we borrowed Japanese word to describe stuff created by them. Same way we took "Donghua" to describe "chinese cartoons".

And the fact there are Chinese and Korean stuff on MAL - yea, those are not anime either. But if we allow Castelevania to be here then we have to allow EVERY SINGLE CARTOON from entire world to be here too. And it will no longer be MAL, it will become MCL - MyCartoonsList.
Sep 24, 2023 4:15 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Phosphophyllita
@Runasius Castlevania is the epitome of “carried by animation”.

or Arcane?

Jajajajajajajjajajjajajaja Jesus, Mary and Joseph
@Phosphophyllita Don't you like Arcane? I thought you would like this show due to the almost Japanese level of yuri.
Sep 24, 2023 5:01 AM

May 2015
This must be a bait thread but I'll bite anyways, it's not an anime, anime are Japanese made animation and nothing else, in matter of fact, Korean and Chinese cartoons shouldn't be on this site too.
Sep 24, 2023 5:11 AM

May 2015
Elitar said:
"cartoons" which is superior in every way to "anime"

Inferior, actually, but whatever.

Nillwas said:
When it comes to something to be counted as a Anime two things needs to be done.

Actually:
1: Created in this one and only country: Japan.
2: Aired/streamed in Japan.

Chinese and Korean anime-wannabe-cartoons needs to go too.
TheBerserkerSep 24, 2023 5:19 AM
Sep 24, 2023 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to TheBerserker
Elitar said:
"cartoons" which is superior in every way to "anime"

Inferior, actually, but whatever.

Nillwas said:

Actually:
1: Created in this one and only country: Japan.
2: Aired/streamed in Japan.

Chinese and Korean anime-wannabe-cartoons needs to go too.
@TheBerserker

People like you are the worst once in this community, you think your opinion is correct and everything else is wrong.

"This must be a bait thread but I'll bite anyways, it's not an anime, anime are Japanese made animation and nothing else, in matter of fact, Korean and Chinese cartoons shouldn't be on this site too"

Just because your opinion is incorrect and rather garbage dosen't mean the whole world will think the same, the world is not spinning around your finger, youre not the main character, you're not even a support character in this world. You may have a opinion but that dosen't mean a shit especielly with it's incorrect and you can't even back up your own opinion with facts.

You're incorrct and nothing will change for people that is living in a tiny bubble where everything otuside of it is incorrect and that's not how life should be.

It exist a reason why korea, japanes and chines cartoon's is added into this site, and that's because they are 2 two things, creation and streamed in this three countries. That's all it needs to be to be counted as a Anime. You can't change this you will never change this your opinion is wrong and it will always be wrong.

i would recommend you go back to your bubble stay in there and get burned out, because that's the only thing you will ever be available to do in this community.

It's really sad with people that is living in this tiny bubbles, where their opinion is so wrong and garbage it makes you laugh. You will burn youself out and sitt here on the forums in a few month, a week, maybe a year or two. And ask us why i can't enjoy Anime anymore. Because you're having a opinion about things you haven't seen or tried.

Casual newbie warning, that's what this is.

Sep 25, 2023 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
I think it would be best to have separate entries for Japanese, Korean and Chinese animation, but it is what it is.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 25, 2023 2:43 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to Archean-Return
Because it's not anime. If it isn't anime, it doesn't belong on MyAnimeList. Chinese and Korean cartoons shouldn't really be here either, for that matter, and I'm praying for their removal from the database at some point.
@Archean-Return By that logic, all of manga, light novels, etc should be removed as well since not anime.
Sep 26, 2023 7:03 AM
Sep 2023
@Yumerei

I see you are not very smart... Then again this is as expected from a zoomer.
Sep 26, 2023 9:20 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Reply to Sashhz
@Yumerei

I see you are not very smart... Then again this is as expected from a zoomer.
@Sashhz I see a trend here. Are you calling everyone a zoomer because they all zoom past the point you're making?

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Opinion on yaoi ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

draculalover666 - Jan 20, 2022

312 by Memore »»
13 seconds ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - 33 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - Yesterday

67 by Memore »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy talking about anime you dislike?

Catalano - 4 hours ago

24 by BadGuyBoog »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - Apr 26

47 by BadGuyBoog »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.