Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 13, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
This anime can be unsettling at times but the Keitarou and Eiko scenes were kinda sweet.

She still gives off that yandere-like look and personality though, even in this episode. Wonder if this will be a recurring trend in the show..but yeah, Eiko seems more of a complex character that she looks. 
Aug 13, 2023 9:33 AM

Dec 2021
Seems the enemy is somewhat smart this time around huh?

At the behest of Yayoi and Eiko, Keitaro pays a visit to the campsite in search of a change in ambiance. Eiko, an unwavering pillar of support for Hotaru, grapples with her emotions concerning the curse afflicting her left hand. What could be the elusive dream that Eiko reveals for the first time? The imminent moment of decision draws ever closer.

The campsite backdrop provides a refreshing change following the urban scenes of the preceding episodes. This installment delves deeply into the dynamic between Eiko and Keitaro, culminating in a surprising moment of confessing feelings. As always, Yayoi proves her knack for swift problem-solving and strategic planning, showcasing her sharp intellect. Setting aside the earlier minor confession, the final confession is skillfully executed, striking an emotional chord.

Now that Keitaro has joined Yayoi in delving into the realm of the occult, there's a sense of intrigue about the potential adventures they'll embark upon to break the curse.

Aug 13, 2023 10:33 AM
Sep 2021
Eiko and keitarou confess another ghost has been dealt with. Nice episode overall.
Aug 13, 2023 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
Eiko actually said "lovers' suicide" at the start. Hidive man.
Aahh man, I was hoping for a confession there. Oh well.
12:07 ooof that must've really hurt. With a rope like that.
Interesting, so Yayoi sees spirits with her eyes, but Keitaro has a sort of sixth sense for them.
15:44 "Omiki (お神酒) is an offering of sake or other alcoholic drinks offered to gods in Japanese Shinto."
CONFESSION WOOO LET'S GOOO what is eiko planning to do with him now
21:37 Ooohhh she said "tsukamaeta" here which can mean "to catch; to capture; to arrest; to seize; to restrain" Yandere be yandering.
22:08 animation error lol
22:56 So she wasn't lying at the start of the episode damn
23:11 This animation tho
Really good episode!
Aug 13, 2023 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Eiko's smile does wonders on me
Aug 13, 2023 10:48 AM

Mar 2019
This episode is sure lit.
Aug 13, 2023 10:49 AM
Feb 2019
They shorten it, but it's fine. I'm not going to complain.
Aug 13, 2023 10:49 AM
Mar 2021
Embient said:
Eiko actually said "lovers' suicide" at the start. Hidive man.
Aahh man, I was hoping for a confession there. Oh well.
12:07 ooof that must've really hurt. With a rope like that.
Interesting, so Yayoi sees spirits with her eyes, but Keitaro has a sort of sixth sense for them.
15:44 "Omiki (お神酒) is an offering of sake or other alcoholic drinks offered to gods in Japanese Shinto."
CONFESSION WOOO LET'S GOOO what is eiko planning to do with him now
21:37 Ooohhh she said "tsukamaeta" here which can mean "to catch; to capture; to arrest; to seize; to restrain" Yandere be yandering.
22:08 animation error lol
22:56 So she wasn't lying at the start of the episode damn
23:11 This animation tho
Really good episode!

man. am I reading her wrong or does she really wanna do a double suicide with him?💀

if so. this woman is fuxked in the head😐
Aug 13, 2023 10:57 AM

Nov 2022
Damn Eiko sure is twisted, but I don't mind this, as long as she isn't the type to kill over love but is just a stalker. That I'm cool with, if I had a stalker girlfriend like her I wouldn't need to worry about her wanting to kill me for something like cheating.
Aug 13, 2023 11:19 AM

Nov 2020
Eiko got possessed, glad Keitarou and Yayoi can fix it. In the end, Eiko did the thing... Image

Man, I love Dark Gathering. Best horror anime in 2023

What Does Pot of Greed do?
Aug 13, 2023 11:30 AM
Jul 2023
basskiller said:
Damn Eiko sure is twisted, but I don't mind this, as long as she isn't the type to kill over love but is just a stalker. That I'm cool with, if I had a stalker girlfriend like her I wouldn't need to worry about her wanting to kill me for something like cheating.

Except, she’s exactly that type. Lol
Aug 13, 2023 11:56 AM

Feb 2019
Well as they say be careful what you wish for. Eiko’s dream has always been to combine the supernatural and Keitaro. She finally got that wish today in the form of being possessed by a spirit and saved by Keitaro/starting a relationship 😂

That whole ordeal was extremely unsettling. The scene of Keitaro nearly drowning in the river was wild. Luckily Yayoi was able to stop the spirit. The doll exploding with blood going everywhere was also crazy.

This show constantly has such a feeling of existential dread and horror which is contrasted by the romantic subplot.

Speaking of the romantic subplot, the yandere won for once??? LETS GOOO lol. Wasn’t much competition in this one, but I’m really glad Eiko came out and confessed to Keitaro and now we got an official ship. Love myself a yandere and can’t wait to see how their adventures pan out now. Her smile is everything 😩
Marinate1016Aug 13, 2023 12:02 PM
Aug 13, 2023 12:15 PM

Jul 2021
this one was at least a little creepy at times. ep 5 was nothing on the horror or creepy scale. they put a little suicide thingy and that's it. is that supposed to make it creepy or disturbing?

eiko's reaction at the end was too over the top lol.

nice that they confessed though.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 13, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2017
We must protect this smile at all cost :3
Aug 13, 2023 12:55 PM

Jan 2017
TsutanaiFuun said:
this one was at least a little creepy at times. ep 5 was nothing on the horror or creepy scale. they put a little suicide thingy and that's it. is that supposed to make it creepy or disturbing?

Taking into account How Eiko is, her reaction makes sense. She is feeling exilarated now that Keitarou confessed his love for her and that he will dive into the supernatural world.

As for episode 5, it depends from person to person. Suicide is a delicate and morbid topic for a lot of people, plus, the story of the complex in the anime was actually based on a real event. Search for Takashimadaira House Complex and you'll see that more than 130 suicides took place there.
Aug 13, 2023 12:56 PM
Jul 2023
This episode made me realize im 3 steps behind
Aug 13, 2023 1:33 PM

Feb 2022
Eiko acts like it took work to hook him in but going by his character I feel like if she would have just approached him honestly he would have fallen for her anyway. Even so I'm fine with some yandere action.
Aug 13, 2023 1:43 PM

Jun 2017
Spooky Eiko...it's good Yayoi is there to keep her in check. lol

And poor Kei has no idea what he signed up for. lmao
Aug 13, 2023 1:55 PM

Oct 2017
Many sweet moments between Kei and Eiko. I was sad that she forgot most of it but then she want ahead and confessed, hell yeah. Really happy for Eiko, such a lovely girl. That smile at the end, just beautiful.
MegamiRemAug 21, 2023 2:31 AM
Aug 13, 2023 1:56 PM
Dec 2013
And with this, the prologue comes to an end.

yup, now the real stuff begins, all main actors are in place.
Aug 13, 2023 2:18 PM
May 2021
the scenes between eiko and keitarou were sweet. although knowing eiko has that yandere side to here makes them a little less sweet and a little more creepy, lol.

keitarou makes the decision to help yayoi with capturing spirits in hopes of finding one strong enough to break his and eiko's curse. looking forward to more adventures with the three of them. hoping both yayoi and keitarou are able to accomplish their goals.
My 2023 candies:
Aug 13, 2023 3:03 PM

Dec 2016
Alright, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this reality where we get a love confession 6 episodes into a horror/mystery anime when we can barely get uncensored hand holding in 3 seasons of an romance anime?

Oh yeah, and good episode. 
Aug 13, 2023 4:06 PM
Feb 2023
I really liked this episode and it was adapted really well. I have to commend the guys at OLM for adapting practically 84 pages of the 2 chapters of today's episode into a singular episode
Aug 13, 2023 4:34 PM

Oct 2022
Goddammit Eiko you had me with that confession and then you had to make a face like that.

Aug 13, 2023 5:06 PM
Jan 2022
damn finally we got some love confessions childhood friend wins hyped for more ep love eiko twisted Nature
Aug 13, 2023 6:19 PM
Aug 2022
Halqifibrax said:
Eiko got possessed, glad Keitarou and Yayoi can fix it. In the end, Eiko did the thing... Image

I mean. Like what other horror anime are there this year?!? Not much competition.

But I do agree. This anime is great
Aug 13, 2023 6:23 PM
Aug 2022
Ngl I’m more interested in the romance aspect of this show at this point over the horror. I mean i they do both tie in very heavily to eachother. But I like seeing kei and eiko’s relationship blossom. Even if she is nuts.

I also wasn’t expecting a double confession from them this episode. Especially considering most romance don’t even get to the confession till the last episode.

And am I tripping or did eiko mention at the end that she wants to do a joint suicide with kei?!? If so that’s crazy but I’m along for the ride.

This show is one of my favourite anime ever and it’s just getting started.
Aug 13, 2023 7:12 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, it’s hard to have a great ime when i watch an episode of Dark Gathering
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 13, 2023 7:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I can definitely see why they cut the OP and ED this episode, it felt like things happened pretty fast even without them. It was an absolute rollercoaster of a fight with the bridge ghosts, but thanks to Yayoi’s prep work it all went somewhat smoothly if you don’t count the times when Keitaro freaked out lol. Yayoi’s ghost interrogation was fun too, I love how she bosses around the ghosts like it’s just a normal thing lol.

And wow, that confession between Keitaro and Eiko was unexpected but I liked it quite a bit, of course Eiko has ulterior motives which sours it but it was still nice to see, her expression at the end was definitely “heartwarming” lol. But folks, I’ll end my post by bringing attention to the most important part of the episode, and this was the fishing bit! Even in a horror anime, you can’t escape the staple of fishing while camping, too bad Yayoi didn’t catch any ghost fish tho lol.
Aug 13, 2023 7:28 PM

Dec 2022
Eiko defintely pulled the strings. Good luck Kei, my boy. This one has ALL the screws loose.
Aug 13, 2023 8:02 PM

Jun 2021
Yandere Eiko all the way. She wants to keep the curse for the sake of their ties? Keitaro can't escape her anymore. He has no idea. Well, it's not like he hates it. Now he's willing to go as far as to go along with Yayoi's supernatural schemes.
Aug 13, 2023 8:07 PM

Aug 2022
That smile at the end, it did things to me lmao
Aug 13, 2023 8:18 PM

Oct 2022
I thought this was a nice episode especially for Kei. It's about time he got to man up and face the reality of his situation. He's resolve to remove their curse and save Eiko even if they're not family member was a nice touch.

Aug 13, 2023 8:21 PM

Oct 2017
MaroMangas623 said:
I really liked this episode and it was adapted really well. I have to commend the guys at OLM for adapting practically 84 pages of the 2 chapters of today's episode into a singular episode
I think the emotional / feels good part is adapted well but as usual the horror part adapted very lackluster. 
Aug 13, 2023 8:42 PM

Oct 2022
there's more relationship progress in this single episode than there is over multiple seasons of most romance anime.
Aug 13, 2023 9:06 PM
Jan 2017
The scariest part of the story for me is Eiko. Is there a powerful spirit lurking inside her? Or does she truly love the dark side herself?
Dreadogastus_FAug 13, 2023 9:10 PM
Aug 13, 2023 9:30 PM

Jul 2021
CrimsonTome said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

Taking into account How Eiko is, her reaction makes sense. She is feeling exilarated now that Keitarou confessed his love for her and that he will dive into the supernatural world.

As for episode 5, it depends from person to person. Suicide is a delicate and morbid topic for a lot of people, plus, the story of the complex in the anime was actually based on a real event. Search for Takashimadaira House Complex and you'll see that more than 130 suicides took place there.
oh that makes sense if one thinks about how she likes it when kei saves her from ghosts and stuff.

i didn't know that the ep 5 matter was based on rea life. will look up some more about it.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 13, 2023 9:53 PM

Jan 2017
TsutanaiFuun said:
CrimsonTome said:

oh that makes sense if one thinks about how she likes it when kei saves her from ghosts and stuff.

i didn't know that the ep 5 matter was based on rea life. will look up some more about it.

All locations in the anime are based on real life places and legends. The camping and bridge in this episode too.
Aug 13, 2023 9:59 PM

Jul 2021
CrimsonTome said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

All locations in the anime are based on real life places and legends. The camping and bridge in this episode too.
oh i wasn't aware of this. interesting. thanks for telling. i might get more interest in watching this now that i know it's based on real life.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 13, 2023 10:49 PM

Oct 2022
Mr_Fudgee said:
Eiko defintely pulled the strings. Good luck Kei, my boy. This one has ALL the screws loose.

Fr bro... I won't be surprised if she's the reason that Yayoi's parents die.
UndefeatedBahamut
Aug 13, 2023 10:50 PM

Oct 2022
Get away from that girl Kei-kun she's a thrill seeking hedonist and she's planning on dragging you.
UndefeatedBahamut
Aug 13, 2023 11:26 PM
Apr 2020
I'm more scared of eiko than the spirits in this show 
Aug 14, 2023 12:30 AM
Jul 2020
Protagonist is still boring but at least he’s not a COMPLETE wimp.
Aug 14, 2023 12:47 AM
Apr 2022
It got dark and spoopy and that's how I like it 😚👌
Aug 14, 2023 12:49 AM
Aug 2023
Halqifibrax said:
Eiko got possessed, glad Keitarou and Yayoi can fix it. In the end, Eiko did the thing... Imagehouse of hazards

I'm happy for Eiko.
Aug 14, 2023 1:09 AM

Dec 2022
I am really curious now whether or not Eiko's personality is being influenced by the ghost/curse. Its kind of hard to tell, but one things for sure is that her obsession of Kei is on the abnormal side.

Aug 14, 2023 1:14 AM
Mar 2019
So, two confessions...stacked episode.
Aug 14, 2023 1:45 AM

Oct 2022
Ventus_S said:
We must protect this smile at all cost :3
Burst out laughing in that scene lmao. Can't wait see the many faces of Eiko
Aug 14, 2023 1:46 AM

Oct 2022
I wonder if the scene with Eiko in the water and Kei on the shore means she´s already part of the "other side"? Since water is commonly used for the "world of the other side". And when Kei got dragged into the water, he showed that he is now willing to get involved with "them". 

...Or maybe I just overthinking it.
Aug 14, 2023 2:30 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was slightly hard to follow with the whole plan bit being so complicated sounding how it was presented even though it wasnt that tricky. 

Didn't expect a mutual confession there. 

I called it before about Eiko having set up Keitaro to tutor Yayoi.  

I usually don't like yanderes where I could feel they could be waifu material since a lot of them are abusive in dynamic but I feel like Eiko wouldn't be so bad, she hasn't tried to restrict any of Keitaro's actions or anything at least so far she just is intense in how she feels and has been privacy invasive out of concern.  A little creepy cant hurt. I sort of like the thought of being the object of over the top romantic feelings (when reciprocated) even if it can get scary at times since isn't love scary already?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

66 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

94 by Magicmist »»
May 12, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

63 by Magicmist »»
May 5, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

107 by red1130 »»
May 2, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

76 by Magicmist »»
Apr 28, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.