Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 15, 2023 5:51 PM

Sep 2015
The re-cap is very long... more than 3 minutes long, but the last 10 minutes were where all the focus went . The clash and impact frames towards the last minute were wild.
They're re-using the same assets from the last episode with Raizo and Fuku
Not even Drake could stop CP0, seems like he was stronger than I thought, for a top tier organization I was expecting him to be stronger.

Continuation with Gear 4 snakeman with this episode from the last, the 3rd transformation ever that Luffy used. . That hydra attack is very interesting though
pulling back all of his arms with springs. Like Kong Organ.

They didn't use the Kamehameha on Kaidos Breath fire from before the eye catcher, but afterwards they started doing so... with Broly SFX.

And my beautiful 100% Hybrid-free Yamato has gone a split second of screen time.

Look at those impact frames.

AhriTheS3xyFoxJul 18, 2023 7:15 AM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 15, 2023 5:57 PM

Dec 2021
Say whatever you want about the CP0 dude, he's got massive balls to actually follow through with this suicide mission. 

While Luffy and Kaidou battle ferociously, with Luffy only having time for a few more attacks before his Gear 4 expires. The head of the CP0 convoy, following a brief struggle with X Drake who performed a last-ditch attack, then arrives at the dome roof whilst Luffy is preparing his final attack. His arrival distracts Luffy, resulting in Kaidou hitting him with a devastating strike, and this causes Kaidou to recall Kurozumi's interference in his fight against Kozuki Oden 20 years ago. 

And it’s happening again for Kaidou he encounters yet another formidable foe capable of granting him a magnificent demise. However, this promising confrontation is abruptly extinguished by the meddling of an external force. Now arises the pressing question: Can Luffy persist in the battle, and what fate awaits the hapless CP0 agent who harbors an insatiable desire for death.

Jul 15, 2023 7:21 PM

Nov 2012
At one point Luffy was turning double dutch. Almost made me want to jump in.

The animation was spectacular. I loved the look of sorrow in Kaidou's eyes when he saw the CP 0 guy.  
dragynfaerieJul 15, 2023 7:35 PM
Jul 15, 2023 7:21 PM

Aug 2019
Really hated the recap stuff since it reminded me of the Raizou "fight", which was the worst of the arc and the fact that it took so long to resolve it with such an anti-climactic ending will always grind my gears. The rest of the episode was fine though, but if I'm being honest Toei made the last minute or so way more dramatic than it had to be. I still prefer how the manga handled that scene as opposed to the anime.
Jul 15, 2023 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
WE ARE ALMOST THERE! COME ON! COME ON! X3
Jul 15, 2023 7:45 PM

Apr 2016
IT'S HAPPENING!!
Great climax at the end of this episode, one of the best so far, the next handful of episodes are going to be God Tier
Jul 15, 2023 7:47 PM

Oct 2009
That was sick!!
Blood Thirsty Drunken Kaido looked so cool!
Jul 15, 2023 7:59 PM
Jun 2023
Continua bastante enrolado. Mas o final, preparando pro Gear 5 foi bem legal. Além da reação do Kaido quando o acerta o Luffy.
Jul 15, 2023 8:03 PM

Jun 2014
Oof Kaido is gonna be PISSED that the CP0 dude interfered with his exciting fight against Luffy. 

WE'RE ALMOST THERE. JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS. And if there's anyone who's anime-only that has still managed to dodge spoilers of what's to come, you're a literal god lol. That shit was EVERYWHERE after it dropped in the manga, practically inescapable if you use the internet to even a moderate degree. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 15, 2023 8:24 PM
Dec 2015
Animation looked really different this episode, have they had some of the WB lot start working on these already or am I trippin?
Jul 15, 2023 8:41 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn bro. The ending was great. Beautifully animated (at the end, only) and the sad music was nice.

I still wonder how the CP0 agent was fast enough to keep up with them XD especially after getting stabbed by Drake. I guess they were very distracted and focussed on eachother.

Next couple eps should be good.
Jul 15, 2023 8:42 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Early_Morning said:
Really hated the recap stuff since it reminded me of the Raizou "fight", which was the worst of the arc and the fact that it took so long to resolve it with such an anti-climactic ending will always grind my gears. The rest of the episode was fine though, but if I'm being honest Toei made the last minute or so way more dramatic than it had to be. I still prefer how the manga handled that scene as opposed to the anime.
Baha yeah I skipped the entire Raizo portion XD (although I have read the manga)
Jul 15, 2023 8:58 PM
Aug 2020
AOD-san said:
Early_Morning said:
Baha yeah I skipped the entire Raizo portion XD (although I have read the manga)

same bro ngl raizo fight didn't impress in the Manga and I liked it less here like let one of them boys die๐Ÿ˜‚
Jul 15, 2023 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
Leaving aside the lengthy recap at the beginning of the episode, we witnessed an incredibly intense fight that is without a doubt nearing its absolute climax.

Like probably most others, manga readers or anime only people, I've never been a fan of the Raizo fight as it was boring and incredibly slow going. That's why I'm all the happier that this is finally over. However, I have to admit that Raizo's true reaction to the fire reminded me a lot of cartoons from the past where the pain always had a certain delay :D

I can't believe that the CP0 agent was able to put down Drake's attack so easily. It didn't look like he had been able to activate his iron body or Busoshoku Haki before, and the sword had an insane size.

As mentioned above, the fight between Luffy and Kaido is getting more and more intense. Both, especially Luffy, seem to need a breather after every attack they dish out or receive.
And we know from past how draining Gear 4 is for Luffy, which definitely leaves him with little time to win the fight. It is already noticeable that he has gone far beyond his limit. Still, the Over Kong Gun was spectacular, albeit with little effect. That's hardly surprising, since Kaido's already extreme robustness is even more evident in his dragon form.

I love that absolutely insane look in Blood-Thirsty Drunk Kaido's eyes. This, combined with his more vividly colored scales we've seen before, makes him even more intimidating.

The last 2 minutes looked so awesome animation wise. However, what surpassed my amazement was the fact that this CP0 agent, previously pierced by Drake's sword, actually joined the fight. Unbelievable.
Looking at the expression on Kaido's face after he knocked Luffy down, the adage that a picture is worth a thousand words irrevocably applies. Having faced a very similar situation in the fight against Oden and the fight ended in the same unfair way, I'm not surprised at his reaction.

It's crazy to think how often Luffy has gone down already. So I'm even more curious in what way he'll eventually recover this time.

Nonetheless, looking forward to next week.

Jul 15, 2023 9:04 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Loved the animation of the ending of this episode of the final clash between Luffy & Bloodthirsty Drunken Kaido and then suddenly CP0 dude instantly interfered. Kaido will destroy that guy for interfering while he's so thrilled during his fight against Luffy. Kaido has defeated Luffy again and despair is gonna be looming over the good guys inside Onigashima.

Just a few more weeks of waiting until we can witness that to be animated completely, and I sure as heck have been eagerly waiting for it since forever. ;)
Jul 15, 2023 9:08 PM
Aug 2020
it was hot,

the moment that we all waiting for is coming!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 15, 2023 9:25 PM
Aug 2020
God help cp0 next episode...
Jul 15, 2023 9:25 PM

Dec 2013
CP0 is gutsy for actually stepping into that fight. I'm sure Kaido will try to kill him next episode.

RIP Luffy. the disappointed look on Kaido's face almost makes me feel bad for him.
Jul 15, 2023 9:38 PM

Jul 2007
Jeese so many spoilers lol. In any case for the people that only watch anime, manga readers can tag it what ever they want, but its not what you think. There is alot of context here that has not been revealed. I just want to say i along with many others have been waiting for when the story would reach this point. Now you will all see what truly took the manga community by storm. So my only hope is that for people who stopped watching for what ever reason, should now consider starting up OP again. Talk to your friends, invite them back if you can. Were heading into some territory that has been LONG LONG time coming. 

Jul 15, 2023 9:40 PM

Apr 2022
THE GEAR SECOND POSE AT 21:14. crazy impact frame.

jesus christ the quality towards the end was insane.
luffy finally goes down one more time and some gear fourth bounce man action is always appreciated, always love the sound effects for that.
drunk kaido is so jokes, saying 'ouch' and begging for mercy lmao, luffy wasn't having it. but CP0 interfered as ordered.
and with that knockdown, we are within reach of that. next few weeks will be crazy for us. thank you gear fourth.
a step away!
Jul 15, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2021
It seems that Raizo has defeated Fukurokuji and Jimbei has come to help the samurai escape from the fire. Raizo asks Jimbei for a favor, but we’ll have to wait to see what it is.

The CP-0 is headed out to interfere with Luffy’s business, but Drake comes in from behind with the clutch stab. Unfortunately, that isn’t enough and Drake gets clapped with a Finger Pistol. The festivities are still going on and finally, we get to Luffy vs. Kaido.

Luffy launches another Gum Gum Hydra and starts pounding into Kaido, again and again, with utter BADassery. He then launches Gum Gum King Cobra, like he did against Katakuri, and there’s this epic clash with the upmost intensity and absolute amazingness coming from yours truly, the one and only Fifth Emperor. It seems that Kaido is still drunk.

Kaido then claims he can copy Luffy’s attack, and does something stupid called Drunken Thief. He also has the AUDACITY to swallow Luffy! NO ONE GAVE YOU PERMISSION FOR THAT YOU GIANT OVERGROWN LIZARD! He also launches Blast Breath at Luffy, but we all know that means nothing to the Straw Hat.

Luffy uses the opportunity to show off the fact he can switch between his Fourth Gear variations and he uses Bounce Man. Luffy thinks about all the suffering Kaido is causing in the Land of Wano, and Kaido continues with the disrespect, so Luffy gets angry and decides to step things up. Luffy launches Gum Gum Over-Kong Gun and slams Kaido into the ground, but he’s not done yet! Luffy continues to go at him and Kaido responds with Thunder Bellow Bagua. Luffy and Kaido prepare for a final clash and the two go at each other, and for some reason, the CP-0 guy gets in the way and grabs Luffy’s arm.

BRO, FUCK OFF!

Kaido is reminded of when there was interference in his battle with Oden!

I’M READY FOR MORE ONE PIECE!
Jul 15, 2023 9:52 PM

Jul 2021
Amazing second half! ft. Vincent THE GOAT Chansard

Content-wise this is one of my favorite chapters from Wano country. They adapted exactly one chapter (Chapter 1042, 10 singles, and 3 doubles). We have reached the final stretch of the Onigashima climax, one more push to get to the next arc.

The direction of the 2nd half was better than the 1st, a reason why the 1st is not as good as the 2nd is that the re-cap was too long and broke the flow of energy given from the opening. Many great animators worked in this episode but the one that stood out as usual was Vincent Chansard, his brilliance with camera work and creativeness in impact frames bring a lot of energy and life to the fight scenes. The impact frames showcased all of Luffy's gears which I thought was terrific. 

The music used in this episode is also masterful and suits every scene they are included in, one very familiar OST is Kaido's theme. Many new OSTs could be heard here, the one that plays during Luffy's defeat perfectly encapsulates Kaido's emotions after beating another strong opponent after they were distracted. 

There's a break next week, so the next episode comes in 2 weeks. We will have the manga next week so it's ok.

SupremestrawhatJul 15, 2023 9:56 PM
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Jul 15, 2023 10:08 PM
Jun 2022
The CGI for the last 5 minutes of the episode was so good, The CP0 agent has some big balls to interfere a fight of 2 insane monsters
Jul 15, 2023 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
TerrorizingCado said:
God help cp0 next episode...

UNbelieavabe ending to the episode...

CPO guy is going to be so dead.
Jul 15, 2023 11:20 PM

Jan 2021
When it comes to endurance Kaido is actually king but damn it’s not fair if it wasn’t for Cp0 the outcome of the fight might have been different it’s like Oden vs Kaido all over again that old lady got in the way and made Oden lose I remember Kaido ended up killing that old lady for interfering, First it was Oden now it’s Luffy we can all see that Kaido wouldn’t want that kind of false victory
Jul 15, 2023 11:22 PM
Aug 2022
first half was fine, it did what it did and im happy that it didnt steal away the animators from the part of the episode that needed it, aka second half because THAT..... THAT SECOND HALF AND LAST 3 MINUTES IN PARTICULAR WERE THE GREATEST 3 MINUTES OF ANIME IVE EVER WATCHED. PEAK FICTION YET AGAIN.
Jul 15, 2023 11:30 PM
Dec 2022
The pacing is kind of bad....but overall epi was great...ngl
Jul 15, 2023 11:32 PM

Sep 2020
At first, I was thinking that they wouldn't adapt the part where the CP0 mf comes in(in this episode) which made me a bit disappointed, then disappointment progressed to acceptance and then I was bamboozled in the last few minutes.

My emotions reading that scene for the first time and now is still very similar. Just in absolute shock. Excited for the next one.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 15, 2023 11:40 PM
Jul 2023
i like one piece because its very funny and exciting
Jul 16, 2023 12:25 AM
Oct 2020
I noticed that the animation proceeded to gradually escalate, and i'm really hyped if this is what the gear 5th episodes are going to look like. I can wait! Kaido's sulking eyes looked absolutely astonishing. 

The one thing I will criticize about is how that repeated the scene between the Raizo battle, taking up a useful portion of the episode. 

Although it's looking like episodes 1070, 1071 and 1072 are going to be the epitome of groundbreaking. Things are starting to heat up, and its looking like a real halting point for Luffy. 

I also wonder what Kaido is going to do now that someone got in the way of a battle with a formidable opponent again, just like with Oden in the past some 20 years ago... 

I will say that throughout this whole episode I had constant goosebumps, I'm really ecstatic to see what will be happening in future episodes.
IndecisiveMind_Jul 16, 2023 12:36 AM
Jul 16, 2023 12:37 AM

Nov 2016
Lol I knew they would the Luffy vs Ratched OST during the final exchange between Luffy and Kaido. It's perfect and reminds of the fight with Lucci. Production was also looking clean.

History repeats itself, here we go again with the PTSD. God damn, give Kaido a break. He suffered through trauma and depression, suicidal tendencies, became an alcoholic, just a moment ago his dream to conquer the world with his old friend aka big sister was taken away from him and now a fight with a worthy opponent, which he genuinely enjoyed for a change got interrupted by some Government punk. He lost everything.

Consolations tooo Guernica too.
That man has to try to fulfill order after order while trying to make a living.

Gorosei: "Capture Nico Robin"
CP0 Boss: Sigh *fights against Super Nova and a remnant of the Whitebeard pirates*
Gorosei: "You barely survived, huh? Lul, sucks to be you. Forget the previous order for now, the new one has priority. You gotta kill Strawhat Luffy immediately.
CP0 Boss: "....."

Tough life

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 16, 2023 12:52 AM

Dec 2018
awful episode and total waste of time
Jul 16, 2023 1:45 AM

Oct 2017
Luffy's down, I repeat he's down. It's finally time.
Jul 16, 2023 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
there is only 1 winner.... the goverment KKona
Jul 16, 2023 2:30 AM
Jan 2021
honestly why is the raizo v orochi subordinate fight still happening. i would expect it to be classed as a minor side fight and be one of the first to conclude but its outlasted all tobi roppo, queen, king and big mom
Jul 16, 2023 2:42 AM

May 2016
The 4 frames were absolutely beautiful
Jul 16, 2023 3:05 AM
May 2022
something beautiful
Jul 16, 2023 3:19 AM

Jul 2007
grimauc said:
honestly why is the raizo v orochi subordinate fight still happening. i would expect it to be classed as a minor side fight and be one of the first to conclude but its outlasted all tobi roppo, queen, king and big mom
Because Oda does not know how to draw ninja fights lol. I think that is pretty apparent, all he really needed to do was take some advice from Kishimoto. Or maybe oda intentionally created it as a gag.  but alas, its characters we could really care less about anyways so... time to move on to bigger and better things.
ArtimesGamerJul 16, 2023 3:23 AM

Jul 16, 2023 3:51 AM

Sep 2017
Really good episode , can't wait anymore for what's coming soon.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Jul 16, 2023 4:08 AM

Apr 2018
its always the last 1-2 minutes of the episode that go crazy..
well, we're hella close to peak 5.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2023 4:30 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Early_Morning said:
People like you have "super high standards". Take a chill pill, mate. This was a easy 5/5 episode. 
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Jul 16, 2023 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Great anime, i Recommend it :)
Jul 16, 2023 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
80% recap and re-used footage I could've just gone back to re-watch but whatever. That ending was quite the twist! Damn CP0!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 16, 2023 8:34 AM
Apr 2023
The emotion that I felt looking at kaido’s face after he strikes luffy down was entirely different than that after reading the manga chapter
Jul 16, 2023 9:06 AM
Jul 2022
Luffy taking over freal
Jul 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Sep 2015
StateofOhayo said:
awful episode and total waste of time

Did the last 10 minutes mean nothing to you? Especially the last 2 minutes?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 16, 2023 11:35 AM
Sep 2022
It was perfect, perfect down to the last minute details.
Jul 16, 2023 12:38 PM
Jun 2022
Can't even put in words how astonishing One Piece is
Jul 16, 2023 12:50 PM
May 2022
Kaido Remembering Oden! pure nostalgia.
Whatever be the case Luffy would still have lost
Jul 16, 2023 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
Game_Dog-666 said:
I’d say that we have exactly 2 more episodes until the much anticipated 5th Gear.  Get ready to praise the sun god.
Bro stop with the spoilers jeesus. I feel like controlling these spoilers is just impossible, people are just to hype to see this part of the story but how is it so hard to  just mute certain key words and names from your comment sections. I don't know how many g5 name drops I have seen used in these comments in the past several weeks. In the manga community we saw things as they naturally occured even so much as to predict another raid failing scenerio. This is why im a manga reader, ill never go back to anime after this. I don't want the treasure ONE PIECE spoiled long after its already been revealed. 

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1004 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Dec 18, 2021

83 by Marc08 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Best transformation for Luffy?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

25 by MK17_2 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 505 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ninkendo - Jul 2, 2011

130 by kejora »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Will You-Know-Who come back?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

11 by Mally445 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1095 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 24

47 by MegaApple »»
11 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.