Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 3, 2023 1:13 PM
Jun 2020
Skipped a lot from the manga, seems like there'll be no season 2
Jul 3, 2023 1:24 PM
Aug 2021
TSUBARASHI!!!!! <3
Jul 3, 2023 1:27 PM

Nov 2020
hard coping right now cause this very much feels like a series finale rather than a season finale, which is a damn shame because the next chunk of the manga is even better than what's been adapted here imo. i really loved this show, hoping and praying for a season 2 lmao
Jul 3, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2021
This is how a Romance anime should be made.

In last few years no romance anime actually put efforts to build an emotional atmosphere. There's were plenty of cookie cutter romcoms that make flashy setups but in terms of development most of them were lazy.

Insomniacs built characters who are actually alive, eat, sleep (well, ...yeah) and live inside the story. They talk like normal highschools and normal human beings. The flow of every conversations were suprisingly realistic and dialogues were very natural. And on top of that usual troupes like Kiss, Confession, Living like married couples all were there yet none of them felt out of place or cliched.

Author indeed carefully picked setup, progression, characters and atmosphere considering the boundaries of the genre. And also LIDENFILMS deserves the credit to keep the characters as genuine as possible and giving us the stunning visuals.

I hope this anime ages well. It has the potential to be a classic of its genre.
Jul 3, 2023 2:07 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
I've always wanted to go to an observation spot and look at the sky without light pollution. After watching Kimisomu I am longing for it. I envy Japanese people for all the peaceful and beautiful-sighted locations to go camping and skywatching. There is a special magic in doing these activities, let alone as a couple. This magic, the anime conveys it perfectly. Màgari and Ganta can have the top spot for the most wholesome couple of the year. Good new there is still a lot of source material for another season at least, I will wait for it.
Jul 3, 2023 2:15 PM
May 2020
As a professional photographer who has a strong passion for astrophotography when I can get out of the city and travel, this anime was made for me. I can even say that just about everything they expressed was accurate which I appreciated in the art of astrophotography. This is definitely one of my favorites of the season, I just was heart warmed every episode and simply didn’t want it to end. Every episode felt like it ended too early because of how much I enjoyed it. It truly felt like a natural progressing romance between two high schoolers each with unusual, but not uncommon, circumstances that bond them together. Some people have noted the animation quality wasn’t amazing and while I noticed an odd thing here or there, it never detracted from my experience or enjoyment of the show. I’ll give it a short time to see if they announce a season 2 but if not I will hurriedly run to read the manga
Jul 3, 2023 2:52 PM

May 2014
Nice relaxing show and one of the most real feeling anime out there. The character interactions and dialogue were pretty natural. 

A high 7/10 bordering on an 8 for me. I lean more towards 7 just because it's not the sort of series I would want to re-watch.
Jul 3, 2023 2:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally Ganta's confession and them taking a picture of each other at the same time was just so cute, perfect way to end the season, loved it as much as the manga
Jul 3, 2023 3:16 PM
Mar 2023
If you voted 1 you're probably a serial killer.
Jul 3, 2023 3:23 PM
Oct 2021
Man.. Spare me, If there is a lord then I beg of him to give us a second season.
Jul 3, 2023 3:55 PM
Oct 2020
Beautiful anime really lovely
Jul 3, 2023 4:02 PM

May 2010
As someone who is an insomniac and also dabbled in photography (my DSLR is somewhere sitting in a storage container), I expected so much from this anime. And it did not disappoint! I love that the main focus is really just Ganta and Magari. Little doses of their friends and other characters but don't really take away the focus of the story. No "trying to fit in" or "trying to be friends with everyone" or "getting over insecurities" kind of trope. Just 2 people bonding over shared disorder and finding meaningful things to do at night while falling in love along the way. Best romance anime this season. Maybe I'll read the manga in the future but I'm happy how this anime turned out. I think the beach episode was the best part.
Jul 3, 2023 4:28 PM

Aug 2020
good ending but a bit unsatisfying that we never heard magari’s full response, even if we can tell what it would be. Also would have liked to seen a bit of the aftermath rather then just a time skip. Overall an 8/10 for me.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jul 3, 2023 4:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This final episode solidified what was pretty much already solidified in my mind, this is a 10/10 anime for me, and not the only one from this very Spring season either, and fyi I don’t throw the 10 out often, I just found this to be that good of a show. I didn’t think we’d get a whole confession scene but that was incredibly sweet and satisfying after seeing these two get closer over the course of the whole show, without a doubt one of the best parts of it too.

Isaki sadly got grounded but she knew that going in and neither of them regretted their actions a bit, that’s the right attitude to have lol. And ending on reflecting on all of what’s happened in the show was nostalgic and fitting, and these two may have come a long way but they also reminded us that they’re still insomniacs, although things aren’t quite as bad as they used to be, a great way to sum it up.

And I’ll reiterate, without a doubt a 10/10 show for me, such a good one man, I really hope it gets another season in the future even tho this ended at a good spot, I just need more lol. And the ED for this show is one of my favorites this season as well, it’s such a good jam and the Isaki visuals go so well with it. And with that, all of my Spring 2023 shows have ended, definitely another amazing spring season to add to the list of spring seasons I was super fond of.
TheColonel76Jul 3, 2023 4:44 PM
Jul 3, 2023 4:42 PM

Mar 2016
As someone who finds the manga quite solid, this adaptation just didn't click for me. While it does hit the main story beats for the most part with some nice OST and brief pretty-looking moments, it just felt inorganic in presentation, immensely lacking in dynamic direction and overall visual quality that would've helped elevate the experience beyond the typical romcom spree, plus the cutting of "fat" severely lessens the emotional impact for particularly important moments. They also seem to be rushing through much of the material as well. Everything just feels more or less going through the motions. It feels like Lidenfilms had a one-hit-wonder with the likes of Call Of The Night, and everything else from them so far has been more or less mediocrity for the most part, which also includes this one imho.
I thought this was gonna one of the best things from Spring 2023, but it ends up for me personally as one of the most disappointing, instead. Far from terrible or anything of similar description, but certainly not something I'll find memorable in the end.
Jul 3, 2023 4:42 PM

Apr 2010
Boring finale, I skipped half episode my god
Jul 3, 2023 4:56 PM

Jan 2021
Nakami & Magari clean the house first before they set foot towards the Mawaki Site after leaving a note to Magari's mom. They finally made it to the Mawaki site. They take some pictures and have a nice convo, Nakami is glad that Magari brought him there.

Now they wait until the night to see the starry sky and wow it looks beautiful. LETS GOO Nakami confessed towards Magari, im so happy and Magari is happy as well with the confession. The school starts again and Magari is grounded after getting the biggest earful so she starts her own live radio broadcast towards Nakami. It was nice how this show let us see how it began from the beginning till the final adventure. Magari was about to say that she also loves him but she got too tired and said that she will tell him tomorrow lol.

Amazing show from beginning till end. 8/10.

Jul 3, 2023 6:05 PM

Apr 2022
at least that was a nice ending. liked the first 2 episodes and the last episode but everything else in between bored me and that animation certainly didn't help, the romance was too slow but at least there was progress. thought this was gonna have 'call of the night' level production, if there's another season, i hope it improves. music was nice though.
Jul 3, 2023 6:26 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode! Very good series! Wishing a second season... and more from one of my favorite couples, Ganta and Isaki.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 3, 2023 6:27 PM
Mar 2023
Holy shit, comparing this to Call of the Night is such an insult. Insomniacs is perfection while Call of the Night is all the self-important dialogue of SNAFU mixed with a romance featuring a 50+ year old woman and a 14 year old boy.

"The romance was too slow." Uh. Is this your first anime romance series? If anything the definite confession at the end makes it a rarity compared to so many shows based on ongoing manga. SNAFU had three seasons and still couldn't manage a definitive end. If there was never another season of Insomniacs it still would have had a fantastically satisfying ending.

This show is a peerless romantic story. There are others that come close, some that are _very_ close, but if MAL allowed each person to give one single 11 to a series, mine would be for this.

I loved every aspect of this show. The idea that the animation was subpar is absolutely bananas. Complaining that it was misleading advertising that they never used the big telescope is just weird. Everything from the music to the backgrounds to the well-realized secondary characters works to further the story of two people who don't fall into most of the trappings of the anime romance, who are so comfortable with intimacy from the very beginning in a way so few anime characters are, and who have a love that blooms from a profound emotional honesty they can only find with one another. It's beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing.
Jul 3, 2023 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, what a fumble.  This was such a good adaptation until the second half of this episodes.  I cannot believe they skipped her parents showing up and the most dramatic scene of the manga just so they could have a do nothing ending.  95% of this was still an amazing adaptation but I just can't get over this boneheaded decision.
Jul 3, 2023 6:30 PM
Sep 2022
This one wasn’t even on my radar at the beginning of the season, but it’s definitely become my favorite.
Jul 3, 2023 6:49 PM

Sep 2018
Yeah, that was a top five anime of Spring 2023 personally, and easily the best romance I watched this season as well. In fact, I'd say this was one of my favorite romance anime ever.

Cute, wholesome and heartfelt, a really well developed and organic anime. These two have great chemistry as well. Gorgeous audiovisuals to make it even more memorable. 9/10.
GakutoDeathGlareJul 3, 2023 6:54 PM
Jul 3, 2023 7:17 PM

May 2022
What an amazing anime this was for me. Watching both main characters develop over the course of the season truly felt satisfying. I also loved how realistic it felt. Sad to see it end for now but I feel optimistic that we’ll get another season.
Jul 3, 2023 7:18 PM

Mar 2007
I liked Oshi No Ko and Skip to Loafer, but Insomniacs is my anime of the season.

The last episode had it all. The atmosphere, the relationship progressing, Ganta opening up more, a confession under starry skies, the pictures turning out great ... all of that.

Took me back to when I was young and having profound conversations late at night with my peers, at school, while staring at the stars in wonder at the universe.

Lovely. Perfect.

Please announce S2 soon.
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM
Aug 2021
amazing quite literally
Jul 3, 2023 7:52 PM
Oct 2022
buen final es bastante sentimental el anime en gral lo recomiendo 8/10
Jul 3, 2023 8:08 PM

Nov 2021
Beautiful anime from start to end. It made me feel so many emotions. Sometimes it can feel like romance anime is either typical self-insert male audience type or shoujo romance filled with tropes but this one stands out and just feels like something everyone can enjoy. I hope this can get a season 2
Jul 3, 2023 8:11 PM
Mar 2015
Great ending with a confession Worth the grounding they got
Jul 3, 2023 8:13 PM
Jun 2020
a masterpiece, just it was perfect, i never have this feelings for an anime
Jul 3, 2023 8:59 PM
Aug 2021
amei a isaki mano que mina mais linda
Jul 3, 2023 9:05 PM
Apr 2023
Having read the manga before this anime was announced, I always thought they would be making the finale in a way that the series will end in a good vibe. And I am glad I am right.

The anime really wrapped everthing up in a way that it gives both the MCs a new starting point as they continue to battle the source of their insomnia that has deeper implications on both of their lives.

I suggest picking up the manga now as the developments on their story is really kind of heart-stopping at times. The next chapters after what the anime covered are magnitudes above and will really keep you reading for more.

There should've been a rumor that a season 2 is coming but unlike the other titles this season who had an announcement on-hand, no word yet from the IP owners. I am thinking they are still focused on promoting the upcoming live-action film adaptation for now.
Jul 3, 2023 9:11 PM

Apr 2023
How many couples have a photo of a significant moment as cool as this one?
This show was very good, I loved watching these two!🤩
Shaka-bunJul 3, 2023 9:18 PM
Jul 3, 2023 9:14 PM
Jul 2020
In the manga there was a cliffhanger but creators choose to give this beautiful piece a happy ending instead of creating hype for season 2 👍
Jul 3, 2023 10:38 PM

Jan 2021
When the ED starts playing in the background... I suddenly don't want it to end T--T why does it only have 13 episodes!

But omg, I was so nervous and excited when Nakami wanted to confess his love to Magari! The atmosphere, the mood and the place were just right... haha, it was too adorable I actually smiled with tears when watching it :")

It was so precious when Nakami said that he will accompany Magari when she gets scolded, I know it's just a simple thing but for some reason I feel it's so precious and I really like it.

Aaahhh it's over, it's the end.... it's the finale..... does this have any possibility of getting a second season? :(

Jul 3, 2023 10:50 PM
Nov 2022
The perfect ending to this gem of an anime.

It's been a while since I saw a romance of this type, without prolonging things, without so much nervousness, with real problems; In short, a practically adult romance.

What I liked is that they will leave the problems they both have (Magari with her illness and Nakami with his mother's abandonment), in the background, that did not take on more relevance than it should, basically they did not lengthen things too much.

I really hope there will be a second season, I can say that this anime was underrated throughout the season, at least personally it was one of the ones I enjoyed the most.

And well, it's over, you don't have to be sad because it ended, you have to be happy because it happened...

NakamiGOD one of the best male lead characters of the season 🚬
Jul 3, 2023 11:10 PM
May 2023
Si esto no es ARTE, ¿el arte dónde está?
Jul 3, 2023 11:18 PM
Aug 2016
For me, the best anime of this season.
Jul 3, 2023 11:28 PM

Apr 2015
I had two problems with this
The first was that everything was a bit too goody-goody if that makes any sense, it's not like I dislike nice characters but these characters act a bit too textbook
The second was that the photography and astronomy scenes always bored me
Though the scenery was always pretty

Main premise was nice but I had lost interest in the characters by episode 8 or so
Jul 3, 2023 11:28 PM

Jul 2019
I'm glad all those red flags didn't mean anything in the end (maybe later in the manga, but that's an issue for a later day) and Ganta confessed. Lovely!

10/10
Jul 3, 2023 11:38 PM
May 2020
My third best romance series this year but they have all been so good a great season for romance.
Don't mind a slow burn prefer it in fact. S2 would be nice we will see on to Summer 2023 Anime.

Jul 3, 2023 11:40 PM
Jan 2020
Lovely way to round it off.
Jul 3, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2021
really liked the confession scene, felt realistic without over the top anime blushing and stuff. felt natural which is why i liked it a lot.

overall this was fun. they even won the competition so in the end it was all worth it. 9/10. would really love to see another season.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 3, 2023 11:58 PM
Jul 2021
Overall very sweet and wholesome. At the beginning of this show, I praised its characterization that the main duo felt like real humans instead of rom-com caricatures. I am glad that still holds.
Jul 4, 2023 12:47 AM

Aug 2020
Really enjoyed this one, I feel like I got all I'd want from it in one season and don't really need more even though I know the manga is still ongoing with a lot more material as I'm sure there will just be annoying drama just to draw things out. I'm good on that. Anyways this was my AOTS 9/10.
Jul 4, 2023 12:47 AM

Mar 2022
like everyone before said, the true strength of this anime is the realistic and mature depiction of human beings, their relations and their anxieties. These characters behave and feel like you'd expect them to and the show still tells a dramatic story without shenenigans typical for the medium. In a time of gimmick rom coms, I'm really grateful for that. While I think it's a bit too low key for S2, I'll be binging the manga tonight :D 
Jul 4, 2023 2:09 AM

Dec 2021
Praying for Season 2 rn. Currently my second favorite anime of the year (Oshi no Ko is obviously still my most favorite).
9/10, only because it's obvious that some things were skipped with the walk through they did in the last few minutes.
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
Jul 4, 2023 4:19 AM

Dec 2018
Comfy and wholesome episode as always. It felt a bit rushed near the end but still loved the ending regardless.
Jul 4, 2023 4:43 AM

Aug 2022
So special for me because this is the last of spring anime, and finally end. Seriously beautiful anime guys.
Jul 4, 2023 9:16 AM

Nov 2018
This show was really a gem of an anime considering how rare these types of romance anime are. The show started and ended perfectly and felt refreshing compared to more recent shows airing this season it's really a standout. I don't think this will get a second season but it would be nice to see it happen. But the way it ended, it doesn't require a second season to be produced to enjoy the story. 
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.