Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2023 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Blue looked like she wants to cause chaos and beat up some shit. That face lol

I do like this episode's pacing though. Full of action with Anarchy vs Blue being one of the highlights. Otaku Hero is also fighting the good fight. Feels like the stakes were higher than ever for this episode than before. 
Jun 16, 2023 11:25 AM
Feb 2022
good anime i Like it
Jun 16, 2023 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
damn what a missed opportunity with the delayed pink face reveal.
Jun 16, 2023 12:48 PM
Jul 2017
Indeed I can confirm that it is one of the animes that were written, out of joke I like plot twist but come on the villain's motivations are silly, but I'll let it go if they give me a Grand finale.
Jun 16, 2023 12:57 PM

Mar 2021
This was such a great episode the Battle is so intense and so well done I can't wait to see the finale and hopefully we get a second season
Jun 16, 2023 12:59 PM

Dec 2020
The Fight anarchy amd blue chan was nice but it seems that this scenario is a script she knew she would lose.
I really like the animation style.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 16, 2023 1:06 PM
Apr 2021
Reecey91 said:
This was such a great episode the Battle is so intense and so well done I can't wait to see the finale and hopefully we get a second season
I doubt that having a second season is capable of having a closed ending because it is an original anime, it must be a closed ending and very good
Jun 16, 2023 1:17 PM

Oct 2016
so indie dev makes a shit game and gets mad at the internet? sounds real but i dont really like this whole plot twist
hopefully last episode wraps this up nicely
Jun 16, 2023 1:28 PM
Sep 2022
Should've learned from Madoka never to trust the cute little flying companion in a mahou shojou anime, lol

Regardless of the intentionally goofy plot, the cinematography + animation throughout all of those fights were great. Especially with the new insert song and the badass new evil looks the girls have.

There seems to be a lot going on, so I hope they stick the landing coherently with next week's finale.
Jun 16, 2023 1:42 PM

Oct 2018
Yeah, none of the twists really worked for me. Some nice action though, although the action boards once again aren't to my liking.
Jun 16, 2023 1:46 PM

Dec 2018
Well, i'm completely confused about pretty much everything except the beginning of the episode.
Jun 16, 2023 2:15 PM

Jun 2017
PrecureHunter said:
so indie dev makes a shit game and gets mad at the internet? sounds real but i dont really like this whole plot twist

Salty dev gets god powers, I don't hate it actually, thought it would go the predictable way of the guy being an adult Otaku Hero.

Hoping the finale is just as wild as this one.

cms1999 said:
Should've learned from Madoka never to trust the cute little flying companion in a mahou shojou anime, lol

Regardless of the intentionally goofy plot, the cinematography + animation throughout all of those fights were great. Especially with the new insert song and the badass new evil looks the girls have.

There seems to be a lot going on, so I hope they stick the landing coherently with next week's finale.

Agreed, it was very suspicious how nobody ever questioned it from the cast, the "thing" was just there from the get go.
Jun 16, 2023 2:40 PM

Jan 2010
nothing much to say, it was a underwhelming plot twist but whatever this anime has been bizarre and crazy so it makes up for it.

and there is still the finale, I do hope for a happy ending but it seems unlikely.
Jun 16, 2023 2:42 PM
May 2020
This is so twisted and so full of itself. It almost exists as a force of nature by itself. 
Third best fight scene this season hope this really goes off the rails for the last episode.

Although there probably won't be a season 2 there is a game!

Tell everyone how much you like the things you like!
Jun 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Sep 2018
What a surprise, I'm so shocked !!!
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 16, 2023 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
so its all just a scripted video game well close enough for it being all just a dream but they are all fiction eh

this god or goddess named origin that looks like anarchy is so bored
Jun 16, 2023 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
Anarchy vs Slayer should be up for fight of the season. I thought it was incredible. I don't mind the plot twist but I'm wondering if this world is created by TV head or if the modern world is just modified. Im intrigued.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 16, 2023 3:48 PM

Apr 2020
Lesson learned: never offend people on internet or a bored god will appear somewhere, fuck the world you live in and turn you into a npc.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 16, 2023 4:07 PM

Mar 2020
It's just pure insanity, and I'm enjoying it for that. At this point I'm not even going to ask for things to make sense, I'm quite entertained as it is.
Jun 16, 2023 5:51 PM
Feb 2023
I'm blown away. I really thought that this anime was dead when I saw episode 10, but this. this was awesome. It truly shocked me, and it deserves way more that the score it has not. Its probably due to the people who dropped it before this point. THIS EPISODE. WAS. CRAZY
Jun 16, 2023 6:01 PM

Jan 2022
Bro, they cooked, THEY FUCKING COOKED :fire: . I knew the stakes were high for this episode, with such a cliffhanger, and they delivered. The animation was as good as the first few episodes and the fight scenes, effects and details were very well done, Bibury outshined themselves once again. But that's only the sweet part, THE ACTION, THE STORY, THE THRILLING events that makes you shiver. I especially liked how much dramatic this episode was, it's nowhere near a happy ending for now and the hope of everyone is dead, especially Otaku Hero, the leader of the insurgency, he becomes unable to do anything (though it was the case all along lmao) while all of the magical girls are being transformed by Shobon and the rest of the otakus are shredded and killed one by one by the SSC army, they really put the message of death and war on the table. The death of Slayer (which we didn't see much and whose background might be a bit underwelming for what happens) was quite tense, you see how many wow moments there are ? All of that combined with very insane OST that totally sublimates and makes you engaged more in this world that we see completely destroyed, by the dream of Shobon to create a new world after haters said his videogame is shit (lol) with his laboraty created Magical Girls in which they way of live is to destroy the world, Magical Destroyers (we got the reason for the title, we got the name of the anime inside the episode title and we got a character to say the name of the anime in the anime, the holy trinity of cool title moment). It was kinda mentionned by other users that Shobon might be Otaku Hero's dad that left (not to buy milk) and the fact on how similar they look in Shobon backstory kinda approves this theory, we might get a “I am your father” next episode, which is always kinda epic, though we kinda have epic everything prepared for it. At last, only one episode remaining, I wasn't sure if the ending would be lackluster when I saw the previous episode, but this episode proved me otherwise, it overdelivered something magnificient and all of the epic twists might make something as epic as this episode for next week, like wtf the red little shit is actually in the bad guy side. It's quite easy to guess that I'm very excited for what's coming, and I'll be there ! (also pls it's not necessary but it would be cool if we see Pink under her gas mask in the final episode right)
I like everything, ok
Jun 16, 2023 6:04 PM

Jan 2022
cms1999 said:

OH MY GOD THAT'S SO TRUE, IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME THING :,)
I like everything, ok
Jun 16, 2023 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think I could recommend this show but if you've been watching it week to week then these last 2 episodes have made it feel worth it. Just hope it can stick the landing. 
Jun 16, 2023 7:34 PM

Apr 2022
what a twist. all npc's huh. last episode next week, hope it's a good one. been one of my favorites this season.
Jun 16, 2023 8:13 PM

Feb 2019
Ngl I’m not sure what happened and don’t really know what’s going on in the story but that was probably the best episode so far. Some really good animation and sakuga combined with emotional voice acting. Wonder what’s gonna happen in the finale because if the girls are evil now…
Jun 16, 2023 8:51 PM
Feb 2019
xd el plot twist, buenisimo
Jun 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, this anime lost me a while back, too much full on nonsense for my liking. Found myself not really caring about the outcome anymore. A shame, I enjoyed it's humor in the first half quite a lot.
Jun 16, 2023 10:55 PM

Jul 2021
their true magical girl transformation sequence was so fucking sick. Blue's horns are to die for 
Jun 16, 2023 11:00 PM
Aug 2019
Fantastic Episode! Completely out did it self for me this episode. Does anyone know what the insert song was starting at 13:36?
Jun 17, 2023 12:38 AM

Jul 2017
That's probably how Shobon became the anti-Otaku, being given a task by a god to develop a world of Origin to discredit the world opposed to his ideal.

Pink and Blue's infighting while Anarchy fights off Slayer, it's a 2x2-way fight that has the Otaku desperate for a way out, as Otaku Hero realized Shobon's plans too late that is already set in motion, trapping them both. This leaves Anarchy and the Otaku remnants left that are part of the manga-panel-like script that evokes tenuous amounts of sakuga, with Shobon's plan to rid of the Otaku by driving them crazy and removing their sense of identity that keeps them sane, it's a battle of the ages.

With the aminotic fluid drug kicking into Anarchy, she rages into a fit fendng off Slayer, but when she tries to go off-script, the death of the latter only meant something even greater than life: the ultimate game that only he can be credited for...with the mascot being the biggest plot twist of all being Origin. Anarchy, Blue and Pink's wicked transformation into the true form of the Magical Destroyers, Shobon has perfected his game of rule.

What choice has Otaku Hero left in this show of utter nonsense that as disconnected as it is, somehow connects together?
Jun 17, 2023 2:48 AM
Sep 2021
The end is here anarchy, blue & pink have been corrupted now how will otaku hero help the magical girls and his fellow men?
Jun 17, 2023 3:43 AM
Jul 2020
This was honestly perfect
Jun 17, 2023 4:21 AM

Jun 2021
so much action in this episode
Jun 17, 2023 6:00 AM
Mar 2022
I have to ask does anarchy loves otaku hero?
Jun 17, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2023
CINEMAAAAAAAAAAAAA 🚬🗿
Jun 17, 2023 11:09 AM

Dec 2010
cms1999 said:

Ehh I'd lie if I say that I wasn't suspicious about him. He knew too much. This line from the end of episode 8 was a dead giveaway:

Especially after we've learnt that foreign otaku and professor who gave them drugs weren't actually their allies.
Jun 17, 2023 12:29 PM
Oct 2008
UFF i was thinking for last few eps it will flop but this episode is redemption arc! itself! Last ep probably won't be mindblowing but I still think ride will be good. Otaku Hero is older Shobon and all who will give Magical Destroyers 6 or lower are NPC's!!!1
Jun 17, 2023 2:35 PM

Mar 2019
I don't know what's going on. And, I barely care. Honestly, I preferred the show when it was just crude comedy instead of the nonsense it has been broadcasting the last few weeks.
Jun 17, 2023 9:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally, a worthy episode to hype on to the name. I literally said before how they need to fix Kyotaro role instead of just a punching bag, but not that importance. As someone already write above, pretty sure that's how thing got foreshadow for Kyotaro case, but still its caught me off guard how come they pulled Madoka plot. Oh right, this is about magical girls after all, forgive my mistake, Shobon-sama xd

So this is like a prologue or some tutorial shit from those shitty game dev dude. Magical girls turn into Magical Destroyer. But is it like we reach the end game already? The beginning of the end? Props to his dedication to design such a bizzare script like that. Yes, you, behind the screen bro.

Sad to be Purple, or Slayer, or whatever you are, poor magical girl clones, tho, for the last. I wish Otaku Hero can pull a good solvation and answer how the hell the ed song means. Let's see the final...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 18, 2023 4:38 AM

Jun 2015
Magical destroyer rising! Can MC save our best girls. Shit is kicking off!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 18, 2023 4:39 AM

Jun 2015
poemofdevil said:
I don't know what's going on. And, I barely care. Honestly, I preferred the show when it was just crude comedy instead of the nonsense it has been broadcasting the last few weeks.

Dont like dont watch.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 18, 2023 1:28 PM
May 2020
Love the final explanation for most of the plot. Huge surprises. def worth the ten previous episodes
Jun 18, 2023 5:43 PM

Mar 2019
Roch2001 said:
poemofdevil said:

Dont like dont watch.

Shut the fuck up. I'll do whatever I want.
Jun 19, 2023 8:22 AM

Jun 2017
Holy shit! He said the title of the show! Btw, just what the fuck happened?
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jun 20, 2023 5:28 AM
Oct 2014
MomoSinX said:
PrecureHunter said:

Salty dev gets god powers, I don't hate it actually, thought it would go the predictable way of the guy being an adult Otaku Hero.

Hoping the finale is just as wild as this one.

cms1999 said:

Agreed, it was very suspicious how nobody ever questioned it from the cast, the "thing" was just there from the get go.

I unfortunately was one of them. just watched this ep and was completely shocked I 100% was not expecting it did notice that origin was always getting killed all the time but never thought anything of it 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
Jun 20, 2023 2:56 PM

Jul 2016
Depending on how this closes it out, I think I can agree with the person who said 'this is going to be a future cult classic'. I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of fun I had. I just hope it sticks the landing.
Jun 21, 2023 12:27 AM

Mar 2018
silly anime at the beginning but it turned out to be good
Jun 24, 2023 12:22 PM
Mar 2023
In a few words, Shobon was a failed developer who was harshly criticized because the games he made left a lot to be desired, after many attacks something similar to "Anarchy" appeared to him that I don't know if he was delusional or had a problem further, in short, he began to create a game/reality where he could take away all the reasons to criticize the otakus who did it, where he was the protagonist of the story and Otaku Hero is the "antagonist" from his point of view. view, totally different from how they show it in the anime, so that he could be complacent and be satisfied. Then the theme of the magical girls, they were created in order to follow the script that he had planned in advance so that when they reached that point in the story and entered those doors, they would fight against a kind of "manifestation of their memories". "or things that they liked, and little by little they were losing their personality and individuality because every time they killed a copy, something inside them was lost, then all these factors added to the side effects of the drugs they consumed, which they were meant to corrupt them from within once they were weak, they generated their "negative" or "evil" personalities so to speak and with their words "They were just born as magical girls".
Now, I don't know if they're going to end the story like this or if they're going to do another plot-twist in the final episode, but I'm not sure if thinking that the fact that this anime was made to promote a mobile game is ironic. , or was the main point of this adaptation all along.
Jun 24, 2023 5:26 PM

May 2018
There was a pretty blatant reference to Rage Against the Machine. Now I'm thinking what other such obvious references have I missed in this show?
Jun 26, 2023 3:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is more than I expected... but yes instead of making a game he created a whole new world, kinda interesting twist along with this episode's direction and animation it looked really interesting
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

99 by MrGthBauglir »»
Apr 20, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

90 by katakumplat »»
Mar 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2023

175 by katakumplat »»
Feb 17, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

50 by owonism »»
Feb 9, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

48 by owonism »»
Feb 9, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.