Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2023 4:51 PM
Jan 2023
MaosyBaos said:
I thought Asta would have his demon arm in this but I guess it’s not set where the anime left off

That’s what I’m saying
Jun 16, 2023 5:01 PM

Feb 2019
it was a helluva fun ride to watch! non-stop action from start to finish, and of course the Black Bulls shined brightly as always. it was great to see the other captains (hey, Dorothy's wide awake now instead of always zonked out lol) in action. Also, Asta has the makings of a future Wizard King; and Yuno can take over Marks' role as his right-hand man once Asta finally takes over ruling the Magic Knights lol
Jun 16, 2023 6:05 PM
Feb 2022
MaosyBaos said:
I thought Asta would have his demon arm in this but I guess it’s not set where the anime left off

Didn't he use it when he connected with Liebe at the end?
Jun 16, 2023 8:09 PM
Jun 2021
Zu_Le said:
Thehaterofmal said:
Ok i just finished it and as a fan of the series i must say action scenes where cool and all but that's it the plot is almost nonexistent villains show up and they want to destroy whol world and we didn't see why all of them want to do this except one the main villain asta was fighting I'm just glad i saw one of my favourite anime again and also disappointed that it isn't impactful like the series
8/10

Got this from another user, but here:

"Here's the lore about Wizard kings that was in the novels but they cut out in the movie, for anyone wondering (courtesy of Nite Baron)"

Conrad: Conrad was born into a noble family but due to his thief-like unlocking magic, he was shunned by those around him, leading to a lonely childhood. As he grew older, he discovered the true value of key magic but as people feared its power, the gap between him and those surrounding him was never bridged.
Conrad joined the magic knights, where he met a young Julius and a caring young woman from the forsaken realm, Lovilia. Conrad learnt to trust these two and as a result, began to open up to those around him. Conrad kept gaining achievements together with his companions and eventually became the magic knights captain of the squad “White Serpent”.
Conrad’s life was going smooth while married to his vice captain Lovilia, one day received a mission for his squad. However, it turned out to be a trap set by the royal faction, who hated him. Devastated at the loss of Lovilia and dozens of members of his squad during this mission, Conrad became consumed with anger. Despite Julius’s desperate attempts to persuade him, Conrad’s darkness deepened.
To eradicate discrimination and prejudice, and build a country where everyone can laugh together- Conrad, now the Wizard King, aimed to achieve his ideals. But he was unable to bring about change, and his despair only deepened. The only way to change this country is to “truly rebuild it”…?! The dangerous thoughts in his mind were not subdued and he immersed himself in researching ancient magic tools. Eventually he stole the natural treasure “Imperial Sword” and started a rebellion. However, he got sealed away by Julius and co. in the midst of his aspirations.

Jester: Jester was born into a noble family and grew up without any hardships and joined the magic knights. There, he met Tenor who came from a remote village near the Diamond Kingdom, and Raid, from the Common Realm. Despite their different social status and background, the three of them strangely got along very well, pushing each other to improve and grow together.
Shortly after Jester is appointed a magic knights captain, Tenor’s village is invaded by the Diamond Kingdom. However, the kingdom cannot make a move to protect a remote village. Jester and co. go off on their own to defeat the enemy nevertheless, but Tenor lost his life in the battle…
Jester, who achieved great success as a captain has finally risen to the rank of Wizard King. One day, Tenor’s home village is invaded again by the enemy. Jester rushes to the rescue, but it turns out to be a trap set by Raid, a spy for the enemy, in order to assassinate Jester.
After losing both Tenor and Raid, Jester, in order to prevent such further tragedies came up with a solution: “Conquest of the Four Kingdoms”. Despite being called “Mad King” due to his ambitions initially, he gradually earned the support of the people. However he fell into the trap of the royal faction who disliked his growing influence, and he lost his life in the process of achieving his goal.

Princia: Princia is born as the eldest child of a fallen noble family. The family hoped to lead a peaceful life and rule their land such way, but greedy nobles took possession of the family's lands. Under their relentless harassment, Princia decided to fight to protect her family and her people.
After receiving her grimoire, Princia was recruited into the “Blue Roses” magic knights squad. Being undefeated, her fame grew day by day and in order to strengthen their influence, the royal faction half-forcibly installed her as the Wizard King.
As the war with the Diamond Kingdom reached its final stages, Princia’s family and people from her land were taken hostage by the enemy. However, the generals, fearing that Princia would leave the front lines, decided not to tell her this. Thus, Princia lost something precious in exchange for victory…
Princia, exploding with anger towards her strategists, got stripped of her title as Wizard King and imprisoned with her magic sealed. The village where she was imprisoned got attacked one day by bandits, whom she decided to fight despite her magic being sealed, sacrificing her life in the process

Edward: Edward was a man with a promising future, but he had no interest in pursuing a career and spent most of his time in church listening to the sermons of priests. When he learns of the harsh conditions faced by those without magic power, he decided to leave his home and become a priest, taking in orphaned children and caring for them.
Ten years later, in the midst of intensifying war with the Diamond Kingdom, a sudden tragedy happened. Edward’s orphanage fell victim to an enemy raid, and the children lost their lives. For the first time in his life, Edward used magic with all his might to destroy the enemy, and decided to join the magic knights to prevent such a tragedy from happening again.
Edward, who’s generous and always there for the weak, is well-liked by the people and eventually became the Wizard King. However, royalty and nobility strongly opposed his aim of eliminating the boundaries between the royal, common and forsaken realms. Through their scheming, Edward was stripped of his position as the Wizard King.
Having abandoned his faith in God, Edward formed a resistance to seek revenge against the royals and nobles who plotted against him. He continues to eliminate those in power, believing that it is the only way to save their corrupted heart. However, this was not long-lived and he was eventually captured and executed."

then fuck pierrot they just botched the story for sake of action i would have love to see all of these animated
Jun 16, 2023 9:29 PM

Apr 2022
oh, this is the movie that was reported to have movie-level animation LMAO but yeah undoubtedly had solid animation.
the story was extremely basic, just a bunch of cliches and it failed to make me feel hyped, unlike the show. but i liked seeing all those familiar faces, been a long time since i've consumed any black cover content, so i had forgotten quite a bit of the side characters. i forgot about his sword being called a demon slayer as well lmao, had me surprised when he shouted 'demon slayer!'
vanessa looked hot as always tho and the new character; funny bunny. great choice for her to be voiced by miyuki sawashiro.

overall a 6/10 for, it's just fine. animation is the only thing i find really praiseworthy, everything else is very forgettable.
Jun 16, 2023 10:42 PM
Jul 2021
Had some great animation but I didn't enjoy the story and the villains much.
Jun 16, 2023 11:03 PM

Nov 2012
eh. I enjoyed seeing Yami. I miss Yami.  But the story was basic at best.  I enjoyed Mereleona and poor UberFinril (FinrilTaxi?).  Honestly, it's been so long I had forgotten about the guy int he mask completely and had to refresh my mind of others.  this was like watching a movie made up of episodes of the anime with less storyline.
Jun 16, 2023 11:23 PM

Feb 2019
10/10.
They played Haruka Mirai.

Sakuga, the movie. Pierrot never should’ve made this cause now that we know what they’re capable of, I expect this consistently.

Story wasn’t the greatest, mainly felt like a vehicle to get us back into the world and get the characters back on screen with, but I thought the concept of previous wizard kings coming back was cool. Reminded me of Naruto War Arc. And ultimately who cares, I’m just glad to see my faves back.

Noelle, Mereleona, Yuno and the black bulls as a whole, got a lot of shine which I was happy with. Think they gave themselves enough room for the story to be canon or anime original depending on how Tabata is feeling tbh.

Conrad as a villain was kind of undercooked, but what can you expect out of a 2 hour runtime. Only so much development you can give.

Need the anime back.
Jun 16, 2023 11:34 PM
Feb 2022
there arent any limints to magic powers and ANime is like" it's magic" and that's it, the author just wrote anything he wants to and then gave it a name magic and that's it.
there nothing interesting in the whole "MANGA".
ANd the MOVIE WAS SAME AS MANGA, THERE WASN'T ANYTHING IN THE MOVIE TO GET EXCITED FOR... AND EVEN THERE IS MAGAIC AVAILABLE AND THERE IS NO LIMIT for "ANYTHING" and still oversall story sucks! WTF! this much freedom in writing and still there is nothing interesting!
Jun 16, 2023 11:35 PM
Feb 2022
there arent any limits to magic powers and ANime is like" it's magic" and that's it, the author just wrote anything he wants to and then gave it a name magic and that's it.
there nothing interesting in the whole "MANGA".
ANd the MOVIE WAS SAME AS MANGA, THERE WASN'T ANYTHING IN THE MOVIE TO GET EXCITED FOR... AND EVEN THERE IS MAGAIC AVAILABLE AND THERE IS NO LIMIT for "ANYTHING" and still overall story sucks! WTF! this much freedom in writing and still there is nothing interesting!
Jun 16, 2023 11:37 PM
Sep 2019
Its a really good movie . the plot is little weak but its fun to watch it as the animation was pretty good. Mereol eona was just damn cool badass character. And Asta and Yuna is usual as ever .

Jun 17, 2023 1:22 AM
Feb 2022
thats sooooo gooood
Jun 17, 2023 1:26 AM
Jun 2007
It was a good side track story
Jun 17, 2023 1:59 AM
Apr 2017
Putting the story aside, this is an excellent anime movie adaptation with the best quality of battle animation that can be made.

Love to see Asta & friends again

Hopefully we will get information about the adaptation of season 2 of the anime soon.
Jun 17, 2023 2:27 AM

Oct 2022
Man, had high hopes for the story of this movie but, it was just fights.
No proper explanation about the intent of the villian behind his actions and what was that explanation that Julius gave to Asta for how he was able to wield that sword that stored every type of magic when he himself possess the power to cancel about other magic. What does he mean by that all the wizard King lent him their power? What that makes no sense, atleast give an explanation.

Even after all this , I still think it's a good movie for the action part and the animation was just great.
6/10
Jun 17, 2023 3:04 AM
Oct 2022
It was the best anime movie I've ever seen. Simply phenomenal when it comes to animation , production, fights , characters , protagonist and antagonist.
Jun 17, 2023 3:30 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Good movie! Enjoyed it. 

Pros:
- Animation was AMAZING
- Music was hype
- Good cast as usual (love me some Nero, Noelle, Yami etc etc)

Cons:
- Plot very predictable
- Follows typical anime filler movie structure (MC & cast lose to new bad guys -> they recover -> MC & cast beat bad guys who die/disappear)
- Asta (no offence if you love him lol, I find him super annoying and boring as an MC - again, no offence)

Solid 7/10 for me, almost an 8 because of those hype action scenes. 
Jun 17, 2023 4:17 AM

Sep 2018
Asta really is one ugly SOB shounen protagonist, isn't he? God, he looks ridiculous XD

For a battle shounen film, it was pretty damn good, considering the standard of what I usually watch from similar shows.

In terms of animation and general fighting sequences, honestly some of the best I've seen in anime, incredible to watch.

Standard ridiculously idealistic antagonist, his actions and motivation not really convincing, considering the overall circumstances, both his and everyone else's. Generic, predictable story, but finely executed.

I did think that they showed off the power of a Wizard King extremely well for the most part, pleasantly surprised with the scaling and the fights themselves.

8/10 overall, I think I've only given a higher rating to maybe one Bleach movie and maybe one or two One Piece movies.
Jun 17, 2023 4:58 AM
Apr 2023
Wow that was an epic comeback for real!
Jun 17, 2023 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
I just love this one, the action scenes are great and what i love here is that how powerful their enemies are on this one, as imagine the current magic knights are facing those former wizard king and great knights... and my fave here is asta vs conrad as they are so alike in many ways, and i like Conrads magic skills....

thanks for this movie, i hope the next time that i am to watch a black clover, its already the second season... yeah
Jun 17, 2023 6:06 AM
Dec 2022
SUPER THE BEST OF THE BEST!
Jun 17, 2023 6:46 AM
Jun 2021
That barrier mage was cool
Jun 17, 2023 7:04 AM
Jun 2023
Black Clover with proper budget is unstoppable
Jun 17, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 2023
I just don't like the dialogue
Jun 17, 2023 7:14 AM

Dec 2016
ngl, I was expecting some average movie with borin plot and villain, I was expecting "I'm strong and bad, now kneel before me!" type of bad guy but I was pleasantly surprised he really respected Asta (even without him having magic) which is rare in this series and had logical reasons of why he is doing this. All antagonists were fun to watch, most generic was Jester but had "entertaining" facial expressions so for me he also wasn't boring to watch.

Plot was nice, definitely suffers from not being canon and being a movie but like I said overall it was logical conclusion by looking how many noble families and mages act in BC world.

Overall and no spoiler so I will say I really enjoyed this movie and would love to see previous Wizard Kings in manga so they would have chance to truly shine and could be developed more.
From me 8/10

Fun fuck: I was wondering how movie will "one up" Black Bull's headquarter transformations from manga and when I was thinking it would be funny if it started to fly... it's started to fly, I had to pause until I stopped laughing. xD

FreshIngredient said:
The only problem I had with the movie was the bad guys motivations but other than that I think the movie's pretty good for what it is a Shonen Movie.

I mean what's wrong with his motivation? Of course killing is bad but considering how many noble, royal families and mages are assholes to their citizens to the point of not having issue to kill them and seeing how even Wizard King can't change it somone would eventually conclude that "big reset" is only option.
Nieznajomy43Jun 17, 2023 7:17 AM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 17, 2023 7:22 AM
Sep 2020
Crazy movie, one of the best ones i've seen
Jun 17, 2023 9:07 AM
Dec 2018
MaosyBaos said:

once he has a mutual contract with the demon his arm becomes normal.
Jun 17, 2023 9:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
They haven't shied away from using Haruka Mirai, and I'm glad that's the case. It fits the theme of the show pretty darn well. 

As for the story in general, I found it to be lackluster but it gave most of the characters some cool moments, so I'll take it. Didn't get to see much of Yami's "breaking the limit" moments here though and none of his interactions with Charlotte, dang it xD. Enjoyed the extra bit of focus on the Vermillion family's eldest though, the two looked like they were having the time of their lives. Sawashiro Miyuki-san's voice was so godly too, fudging loved it! Noelle with some shining moments herself and credits to the other Black Bull members for playing the anchor roles. 

Conrad, when you think about it, is a more or less parallel and somewhat extrapolated version of Asta down the wrong line. Not to mention, there's the obvious, "Not giving is my magic" statement of theirs, to make things crystal clear for us, lol. Having an episode like this ought to keep Asta from going through something like this himself, you'd imagine. But then there's the demon so you never know. 

Got to give it to Studio Pierrot for giving the goods too! Audiovisual experience was quite something with this one! Asta's voice actor giving us some of the more serious lines were spot on, they really elevated the stakes and tension of the battles. All in all, it was kind of like most of the Shounen movies in all fairness, but here's to a Season 2 in the near future!

Solid 7/10 from here. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 17, 2023 9:24 AM

May 2018
Good movie, miss the whole characters. really need to bring out the episode.

7/10 for me, i know its asking too much but would like to see more comedy though it was a movie so cant say much

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jun 17, 2023 9:29 AM

Oct 2020
W Movie that last fight going down in the history books
Jun 17, 2023 10:37 AM
Jun 2023
Its just a pure masterpiece.
Jun 17, 2023 11:23 AM
May 2022
MaosyBaos said:

I think it's supposed to be set in the time jump that we saw in the anime before he got all ripped
Jun 17, 2023 11:29 AM

Jun 2016
so overrated !!

i mean this movie is enough decent to watch ..

7,5/10
Jun 17, 2023 12:14 PM
Oct 2021
beatiful animations, story, soundtracks and fights. loved it 10/10
Jun 17, 2023 12:43 PM
Oct 2022
Well, The movie is finally here; after a long wait.

Should You Watch This Movie: if you are a black clover fan yes; if not, you won't miss too much. The animation has improved but still won't reach the likes of studios Ufotable or Mappa. Over all, 7.5-8/10

!NO SPOILERS! as a manga reader, it was an interesting movie since it patched up some big plot holes and answered questions about main story elements. The animation was improved drastically and the movie's plot was ok 6.5/10. There a lot of foreshadowing for future arcs but a lot of novelty reserved for future arcs will be lost. Either future arcs build upon this movie's foundation or this movie was a canon important filler arc that didn't exist in the manga in the first place.

Jun 17, 2023 12:44 PM

Aug 2020
Literally non stop action, loved it. Only complaints are basic villain plot although at least he is cool lore wise as well as some generic anime things like surpassing limits and friendship.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jun 17, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2023
BRING BACK THE ANIME THE MOVIE WAS FKIN AWESOMEE
Jun 17, 2023 1:22 PM

Jan 2017
Decent movie, missed watching Asta on the big screen (or small depends on whether Netflix or theater) for a long time.
Hope we get that sweet anime announcement ASAP.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jun 17, 2023 1:25 PM
Nov 2020
Best movie if you like anime magic
Jun 17, 2023 1:26 PM
Nov 2020
Jun 17, 2023 1:43 PM
Apr 2021
BEST MOVIE EVER BLACK CLOVER TOP DIFF; ASTA ON TOP, LETS GOO MADADA
Jun 17, 2023 2:42 PM
Sep 2022
holy shiz, 10/10. my favorite anime movie of all time, animation, cgi, fight scenes, all 💯
Jun 17, 2023 2:53 PM
Jan 2023
Incredible! Netflix managed not to screw the movie!
Jun 17, 2023 3:01 PM
Apr 2021
lo mejor que nos pudieron dar a los fans de black clover, es cine, nada más que decir.
Jun 17, 2023 3:48 PM
Nov 2020
The amount of action sequences and the animation used by studio peirrot was top notch. The 3D rendering of the arena was also good. large scale attacks were also on point. the final fight with the protagonist was somewhat looking like an Ufotable Like colour scheme but wasn't made accurately.

Over-all, the long awaited movie is now released and it was upto the expectations. loved the efforts put by the animators and the team. would like to watch the coming season for spade kingdom soon.
Jun 17, 2023 3:50 PM
Nov 2020
Mester_M said:

yes, the best of the best in magic anime category. truly a masterpiece!
Jun 17, 2023 5:22 PM
Apr 2020
This show were always copying naruto but common resurrection of former wizard kings?
Jun 17, 2023 5:42 PM
Oct 2019
Undetected2 said:
This show were always copying naruto but common resurrection of former wizard kings?
And naruto copied the Bible who resurrected both Lazarus and Jesus and multiple others. 
Jun 17, 2023 5:48 PM
Apr 2020
HagePotPotato said:
Undetected2 said:
And naruto copied the Bible who resurrected both Lazarus and Jesus and multiple others. 

That's not copying what are you on? And if you're trying to say that black clover isn't copying naruto then I won't even say anything
Jun 17, 2023 6:24 PM
Apr 2020
This movie, while not being exceptional, is a treat for the fans. Yes, there is no plot, and the villains are kinda not fleshed out, but it's supposed to be a action oriented movie and does its job. In fact, if it was in the movie theater, I might have liked it more than JJK 0/
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can we get more MOVIES ?

HP445 - Sep 30, 2023

15 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM

» Continuation of the anime?

vaedeer - Dec 1, 2022

41 by vaedeer »»
Sep 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Yami was nerfed?

Gonryo_Spectrum - Jul 9, 2023

12 by Scordolo »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

» What did you score this and why? ( 1 2 )

aod-kun - Jun 22, 2023

54 by Mewann »»
Jul 8, 2023 8:35 PM

» Lackluster story ( 1 2 )

Melody8I8 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by DollFishu »»
Jul 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.