Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2023 1:05 PM

Oct 2020
Absolutely amazing first episode, loved it so much.
Apr 10, 2023 1:33 PM
Dec 2020
for some reason i love this anime..
and magari is so hot......
Apr 10, 2023 1:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just like call of the night, this anime will probably be best experienced when watched at, well, night. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 10, 2023 1:49 PM
Mar 2023
This show looks like its going to make my HIDIVE sub worth it. loved the first episode
Apr 10, 2023 1:51 PM

Oct 2021
the ep 1 of the show is decent but makoto ojiros style is hard to translate to anime so i would suggest the manga
Apr 10, 2023 2:07 PM

Oct 2011
Mcsuper said:
A good premiere, and I've heard great things from fans of the manga, so I'm excited to watch this show as an anime-only to see what it's all about. Insomnia is quite a common thing it seems, and the first episode focused on Nakami and Magari meeting each other at school in the school observatory, which was plagued by scary rumours. I liked how their dynamic was introduced, with them relating to each other over their insomnia, or as the kids call it, "She's just like me fr fr!"

With steepnesses plaguing the two, it's only natural that the night calls them to form the "Nightly Fun Society", to explore the night. It reminded me a little bit of Call of the Night, which aired last year, but without the supernatural elements. As for the visuals, I will say I expected more, but as this show is directed by someone making their directorial debut, it's still decent work nonetheless. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

same studio Lidenfilms + Ganta seiyuu is Gen Satou
Apr 10, 2023 2:14 PM
May 2021
im fascinated by all things space and night related, so even though i haven't read the source material, this is by far the anime i was looking forward to the most this season. and it absolutely didn't disappoint either.

i quite like the art style as well. i think it's pretty. really looking forward to the rest of the show. i can already tell im going to love it!!
My 2023 candies:
Apr 10, 2023 2:28 PM
Nov 2019
First episode is impressive both art- and storywise. I hope it would not end up like cheap melodrama.
Apr 10, 2023 2:30 PM

Mar 2016
What kind of freaking police state do they live in where they can't walk around at night?
Apr 10, 2023 2:32 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed the first episode. I went into it blindly (haven't read the Manga or watched anything about it) and I think it's a great shows so far. There's not too much that I can say about it yet but I'll be looking forward to seeing more episode and seeing their relationship grow.
Hello :)
Apr 10, 2023 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
It's like your eternity s2 their scene feels fast. Come on, I want a few free seconds to enjoy this kind of story.
Apr 10, 2023 3:10 PM

Jul 2016
Okay. This is looking hella promising.
Already sold on the dynamic between Isaki and Ganta.
Apr 10, 2023 3:13 PM

Jun 2017
This episode was so beautiful and oddly enough I got a hint of nostalgia watching it.
Apr 10, 2023 3:16 PM

Jan 2021
An alright first episode, I suppose, but both main characters (and several side characters) seem super generic so far, and the direction is really uninteresting visually. The night scenes were sweet enough, but as someone who took extensive walks at night during and after college, this show couldn't capture any of the feelings I ever had during those times. Ah well; I had high hopes for this anime. Maybe I'm judging it too early, but I feel like I saw the shades of ten other anime in this first episode, and not in a good way.
Apr 10, 2023 3:20 PM
Oct 2020
Barbarous_Flash said:
What kind of freaking police state do they live in where they can't walk around at night?
Almost everywhere has a curfew for minors.  In some places it varies by age and it others it's a flat time.  Usually there are exceptions for minors working (but those jobs usually have to be family businesses which can have some exceptions to child labor laws).
Apr 10, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2020
I loved this.  I will definitely read the manga.

The main couple are already dating and just don't know it yet.
Apr 10, 2023 3:45 PM

May 2015
Ok I'm in love with this already
Apr 10, 2023 3:46 PM

May 2018
Hmmm I guess I was expecting too much of it. It was alright, but I feel disappointed with the 1st episode, the premise is good but the execution is a bit dull, I struggle with insomnia myself so I can relate to the concept, but in the anime it looks silly, plus the animation is a bit stiff. Well, not bad but okay. At least the chemistry between the two main characters is nice, but at the same time I feel like they rushed into things, those two seem like good friends already and there was barely any time to develop an actual bond. Well, I guess the fact that they shared the same problem, being just teenagers, is a fairly strong reason, but anyway I was expecting a lot more. Nonetheless, decent start.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 10, 2023 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely one of the best starts of this season. I never had any problems with sleeping, I can't relate to them, but still. The direction, voice acting and characters are great.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 10, 2023 3:50 PM

Dec 2022
Love this first episode
Apr 10, 2023 4:06 PM
Dec 2017
I really liked it. From what I have read of the manga, the first episode seems to be on a good start.
Apr 10, 2023 4:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great start, I've been enjoying the manga and it only gets better, I feel like they're going to adapt it very well with how much the 1st episode delivered, though it's not as visually pleasing as Yofukashi no Uta for the night ambiance but still it totally works
Apr 10, 2023 4:45 PM

Jul 2017
So glad I watched this at night when this released in the afternoon, made for a more fitting vibe when watching it.

This is one of my all-time favorite manga, by one of my favorite mangaka out there too based on some other series I have also read. So seeing Ojiro Makoto get an anime adaptation for any show, let alone this one, is already a great accomplishment. The first episode doesn't have the greatest animation ever but looks more than solid enough for me to still be immersed with the series. Love the dynamic already again between Nakami and Isak and how that developed throughout the episode, as well as the comforting nature surrounding it. Hopefully the rest of the anime can deliver and at least come close to how I felt overall about the manga, even if I know there are certain panels and moments where the anime just can't match the top-quality illustrations that the manga would provide.
animejasApr 10, 2023 8:22 PM
Apr 10, 2023 4:53 PM
Apr 2022
wallsg said:
Barbarous_Flash said:
Almost everywhere has a curfew for minors.  In some places it varies by age and it others it's a flat time.  Usually there are exceptions for minors working (but those jobs usually have to be family businesses which can have some exceptions to child labor laws).
Really??? This is news to me! Where I live i can go outside at 3 AM for a night time walk as long as I’m not caught by my family
Apr 10, 2023 5:13 PM
Feb 2021
Great episode. Read the manga already and the anime seems faithful to it. Animation seems a bit off but everything else was fine. The wholesome, fun, sweet manga is here
Apr 10, 2023 5:15 PM

Jan 2018
JPointerrr said:
Great episode. Read the manga already and the anime seems faithful to it. Animation seems a bit off but everything else was fine. The wholesome, fun, sweet manga is here
I think the story will more than make up for any animation misqeues it might have. This is the type of anime where the story carries anyways.
Apr 10, 2023 5:34 PM

Feb 2019
Nah man slice of life and romance this season is insane. There’s so many good ones and this will be in the running for the best of them all for sure. Art direction was lovely, voice acting was realistic and the premise is very interesting. Felt like a movie honestly. Eating great
Apr 10, 2023 5:40 PM
May 2020
I have felt very identified with the protagonists, because I have also suffered (and still suffer) for several years from insomnia. The animation is super cute and the characters super cute. The night scenes are 10/10.
Apr 10, 2023 6:08 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This show gives me some chill vibes in contrast to the mc's irritation for his lack of sleep. It seems like Nagami has that problem as well and they end up forming an all niight fun activities club, like a tranquil nocturnal version of Asobi Asobase. Animation so far is decent, the music is lofi and acoustic and their relationship went ahead nicely so far. Let's see where this goes.

PS: 1223 is such a shitty password.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 10, 2023 6:08 PM
May 2017
The series began very, very good!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 10, 2023 6:19 PM
Aug 2015
That was really damn good. Loved the dynamics of the two and the show looks stunning.
Apr 10, 2023 6:52 PM

Sep 2021
There sure are some relatable moments here. I also often stressed myself with sleep when I was in school and still have some nights where I lay awake for more than an hour and hate how I can't sleep. 

But is it good as an anime? I'm not sure yet. 
I didn't like how dramatic it was at some points. Much like Bloom Into You, but that one had a better subject for the style. Here, it often felt forced. Going along with that, Ganta is a bit too self-pitying for my taste but that can change. 
It had some good points as well, especially the outstanding visuals and ost. Isaki falling asleep from hearing Ganta's heartbeat was sweet too, showing how having someone to share your pain with already mends it. Although falling asleep on a stressed heartbeat is a bit weird. 
Apr 10, 2023 7:04 PM

Apr 2022
so this is sort of like 'call of the night' but better huh, nice. i like the chemistry between the main characters and it's very chill, i can see progress happening in this.
was skeptical of starting this at first but now i realize, this is very promising.
Apr 10, 2023 7:30 PM
Apr 10, 2023 8:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Holy crap, I was blown away by this, I just nearly added it to my list after almost skipping it (this is the case for a few shows this season for me lol) and oh boy I would have kicked myself to death if I missed out on this one weekly, this was amazing. Once we got past the first half and to the night club activities I was immediately reminded of “Call of the Night” from Summer last year which interestingly enough is by the same studio, the vibe is pretty different but it’s still a good one. And a funny thing, Call of the Night I’d often watch it in the evening but this one I actually watched at night for this first episode, it’s definitely a nice 4D experience lol, might have to do it more often.

I really enjoyed Nakami and Magari enjoying the night compared to what they were dealing with before, so many nice scenes sprinkled in there, and I also really loved the horror story opening scene even if after it was revealed Magari made it all up lol, it was genuinely spooky and I was feeling nice and spooked afterward.| And I absolutely want to mention now beautiful the art was, the backgrounds were definitely popping and the characters look really nice, grade A stuff there. And no OP or ED yet but whatever that song at the end was sounded really good, I hope that’s one or the other. I’m buckling myself in for this one, I think this could be a potential favorite of mine this season!
Apr 10, 2023 8:17 PM
Jul 2021
I had high hopes for this after reading the manga.

after watching ep1 I feel like this adaptation is okay. Not bad, not very good either. It is mediocre. I still prefer manga over this adaptation. Looking at the pacing I feel like they will somehow make it to volume 6 confession scene  which is a good ending point.
Apr 10, 2023 8:22 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, that whole relationship felt slow, organic and real. When he took her pictures, the feels started.

I think I'm going to enjoy this. I hope she isn't hiding some fatal illness.
Apr 10, 2023 8:23 PM
Oct 2010
Very chill, cute episode.

But...

I swear, with the 'sick as a child' element they better not be lining up a 'Your Lie in April' final act. One of those per decade is more than enough.
Apr 10, 2023 9:26 PM
Mar 2015
That was a regular yawnr
Apr 10, 2023 9:41 PM

Nov 2021
That was a great first episode, the two already have great chemistry together, and the visuals are very beautiful. Also it's great to hear aiko perform the ED song, I really loved her song for A Silent Voice.
Apr 10, 2023 9:42 PM
Oct 2022
Gen Satou second insomnia problem.
3d37W31155
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 PM

Sep 2018
It's like a more down to Earth "Call of the Night", human interaction feels very organic. Probably the best relationship dynamic this season, will be interesting to see how dependent they get with one another.

She did gloss over that hospital part, hope that is behind her.
Apr 10, 2023 10:31 PM

May 2022
Is there anything more romantic than meeting a cute girl (or guy) and spending the night with them, wandering the city, talking until dawn, and watching the sunrise together? I don't think this ever happened to me IRL, but I had a few nights of staying up until dawn talking with friends, then ending it with breakfast at some all-night diner. So I have a reference point for this story. And I can't think of a better way to start a romance.

Now all we need is a happy ending for Isaki and Ganta.
OG_OtakuApr 11, 2023 7:07 PM
Apr 10, 2023 10:37 PM

Aug 2016
A cute and wholesome start, looking forward to seeing where this goes

Apr 10, 2023 10:37 PM

May 2016
The first ep is a good adaptation. Not awesome, but a good one. Hoping the quality goes only up from here!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 10, 2023 10:41 PM
Jan 2021
kinda banger thooooo
Apr 10, 2023 10:50 PM

Nov 2018
CQLLIST said:
I'm caught up with the manga as soon the adaptation was announced. As for the anime, it's a hit or miss direction and I have a few complaints with some of the frame but I do feel like some panels in the manga are hard to be animated even though the 1st half (like the end quarter) and 2nd half of the episode had a much better direction. Otherwise, everything is solid. I like the VA choices, Nakami and Magari makes such a cute dynamic with one another and they're gonna develop and venture to even more places as the story progresses. 

Very on-point observations. Overall, I thought this was a solid adaption of a truly great manga although some of the minor cuts and changes made to the dialogue and scenes made it flow a bit less naturally. The original dialogue is very similar but just feels quite a bit more natural. All in all, I'm very happy to see this animated. It's a lovely story.
Apr 10, 2023 11:15 PM

Apr 2015
Heard some great things about the manga and it's what I've expected so far, but in a good way. Somehow felt like I was kinda watching a movie instead, the way some shots were framed was beautiful. I especially liked the scene where the male MC was taking photos of the female MC, that was really cute. Can't really imagine what the rest of the show will be about, whether or not most of the series will take place during school or at night, but I'm looking forward to seeing more. Love the atmosphere/vibe of this show and the main characters seem to already have some good chemistry going on. So many great romance shows airing this season!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 10, 2023 11:48 PM

Jul 2019
This was just lovely! I like their dynamic and the art style is very nice.
Apr 10, 2023 11:48 PM
Nov 2022
Like many I did not know anything about this anime, actually I only read the synopsis and added it to the list, now that I saw the first episode there is no doubt that I was not wrong, it seems that it is very good.

I liked the protagonist, I felt somewhat identified with him and the girl is also quite nice, I thought she would be somewhat annoying like a tsundere but luckily she is not.

As for the plot, I just hope nothing bad happens, it seems to be a nice romance and that's the only thing I want xd.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.