Forum Settings
Forums

If you could create your own anime, what genre would it be?

New
Apr 6, 2023 2:27 PM

Jun 2022
If you could create your own anime, what genre would it be?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2023 2:31 PM

Sep 2020
Probably slice of life, drama, or mystery.
Apr 6, 2023 2:33 PM

Jun 2022
For me I would target some dark theme and mainly go for that ig.
Apr 6, 2023 2:34 PM

Oct 2010
comedy, romance, ecchi, action, supernatural
seems about right
Apr 6, 2023 2:38 PM

Jun 2016
Spaghetti western but on Mars.
Like the Knights of Cydonia music video.
But with more explosions.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 6, 2023 2:42 PM
Mar 2021
I would go for dark fantasy, mystery, supernatural, thriller. Something in between would be great.
Apr 6, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2021
A mecha space opera/war drama 100%. Of the real robot type. "But haven't we had enough of it during anime history?". No
Apr 6, 2023 2:44 PM

Jun 2021
Medieval Middle-Earth inspired fantasy, drama and tragedy.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Apr 6, 2023 2:56 PM

Jul 2021
Erotica you actually watch for the plot
Apr 6, 2023 3:05 PM

May 2016
Isekai with no romance or harem (with mc) and only tasteful fanservice. 
MC isn't op, doesn't always win but has amazing luck. 
Brutal action with over the top comedy that doesn't overshadow the serious plot
A smart villain and memorable side characters
MC walks the line of good/bad
Adventure, like actual traveling around
With at least 3 plot twist

So... Fantasy Isekai, Action adventure, Comedy, and Gore? 
Closest I can think of would be if 'Goblin Slayer', 'Rising of the Shield Hero', and 'Log Horizon' had a child.
Apr 6, 2023 3:10 PM

Apr 2020
I have a few comics I'm working on. Probably either an action sci-fi, fantasy romance or horror based on those projects.
Apr 6, 2023 3:20 PM

Jun 2021
Salty-GB said:
I have a few comics I'm working on. Probably either an action sci-fi, fantasy romance or horror based on those projects.
Why does your icon looks like digizunt (digibro) in his gay days?
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Apr 6, 2023 3:27 PM

Apr 2020
Kazu-chan-san said:
Salty-GB said:

Why would you go and dishonour my entire being like that
Apr 6, 2023 3:35 PM

Jan 2021
I'd probably go for space opera, maybe with a mecha flair and with a little bit great man theory. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Apr 6, 2023 3:36 PM

Jun 2021
Salty-GB said:
Kazu-chan-san said:

Why would you go and dishonour my entire being like that
I tried to hold myself but strange forces mustered me to inquire you as if it was something that really mattered.

Apr 6, 2023 3:40 PM

Aug 2020
Slice of life with psychological shoujoish drama.

Apr 6, 2023 4:05 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Murder Mystery with yokai supernatural phenomenon, government conspiracy and urban legends in big city /night settings.
something like In Spectre and Darker than Black and Kara no Kyoukai but with more comedy with a touch of romance
ryo-sanApr 6, 2023 4:12 PM

Apr 6, 2023 4:15 PM

Jun 2021
ryo-san said:
Murder Mystery with yokai supernatural phenomenon, government conspiracy and urban legends in big city /night settings.
something like In Spectre and Darker than Black and Kara no Kyoukai but with more comedy with a touch of romance
Only Nasu can write something with the quality of KnK. Try somethin' like Code: Geass or Eureka Seven.

Apr 6, 2023 4:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Kazu-chan-san said:
ryo-san said:
Only Nasu can write something with the quality of KnK. Try somethin' like Code: Geass or Eureka Seven.

You watch code gayass and Ive no interest in watching Lecrap

Apr 6, 2023 4:19 PM
May 2022
Consciousness Transfer Dystopian Science Fiction, similar to Stiens Gate or the To Every You I've Loved Before series.

Consciousness Transfer Anime/Japanese Novels...

https://myanimelist.net/manga/148837/Boku_ga_Aishita_Subete_no_Kimi_e
https://myanimelist.net/manga/148838/Kimi_wo_Aishita_Hitori_no_Boku_e
The 2 books above are designed to be read at the same time.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/49834/Boku_g
a_Aishita_Subete_no_Kimi_e
https://myanimelist.net/anime/49835/Kimi_wo_Aishita_Hitori_no_Boku_e
The 2 anime above are designed to be watched at the same time.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate

https://myanimelist.net/manga/70399/Seishun_Buta_Yarou_Series
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37450/Seishun_Buta_Yarou_wa_Bunny_Girl_Senpai_no_Yume_wo_Minai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38329/Seishun_Buta_Yarou_wa_Yumemiru_Shoujo_no_Yume_wo_Minai
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Apr 6, 2023 4:19 PM
Dec 2021
Genres: Romance, Drama.
Themes: Adult Cast, Child Care, Workplace.
Demographics: Josei.

Main characters on their 30's, single mom and divorced dad meet at work... 
Apr 6, 2023 4:21 PM
Apr 2023
Like short comedy ads to amp up commercials {annoying almost, would love to make fun of other commercials .-.}.
Apr 6, 2023 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
school comedy fantasy sci-fi romance
Apr 6, 2023 4:47 PM

Feb 2021
Genres: Comedy 
Themes: Strategy Game, Romantic Subtext
Demographics: Seinen

Shut-in takes up chess

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Apr 6, 2023 5:21 PM

May 2019
hardcore yuri ecchi, borderline hentai at times.
Apr 6, 2023 5:32 PM

May 2021
yuri romance between adults or a workplace comedy maybe
Apr 6, 2023 5:39 PM
Jan 2020
I'd say psychological with an adult cast and a hint of comedy
Apr 6, 2023 5:49 PM

Feb 2019
It would be an Epic Fantasy/Mystery set in a semi-victorian 19th-century world. It would have a huge cast but mainly follow a small group of people.
It would tackle the themes of companionship, living in the moment, and living up to expectations.
It would be rather long, but not padded out, although it would have slower pacing.
It would have magic, with powers like time, space and plot manipulation.

Oh wow, this is just the book I'm writing, silly me
humantwigApr 6, 2023 6:18 PM

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Apr 6, 2023 6:01 PM

Aug 2018
I would certainly write some work with the Romance, Drama and Psychological genres involved. Something like Solanin or Oyasumi Punpun. Perhaps, I would add some others that I like a lot, like Sci-Fi, or else some element of Slice of Life, but they are not fixed like the three I mentioned. The demography? Well, I would write a light novel, but assuming it's a manga, certainly a Seinen. Oh, and it would probably be an Adult Cast work.
Apr 6, 2023 6:04 PM

Oct 2017
Action with elements of romance in a modernish-fantasy setting. Pretty much the same thing as the game I have in my head that I want to make lol.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 6, 2023 8:09 PM

Dec 2021
Maybe a spy action thriller or something. That would be cool!
Apr 6, 2023 8:57 PM
Feb 2021
Trapped-in-a-game sci-fi and Lovecraftian cosmic horror.

No, not THAT kind of Lovecraftian cosmic horror. 😐
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Apr 6, 2023 10:01 PM

Feb 2020
I have lots of ideas, but I like SoL the most.
Apr 6, 2023 10:05 PM

Oct 2013
Either dark shounen, or soft seinen. One of these genres.
Apr 6, 2023 10:34 PM

Aug 2009
Ecchi, action, martial arts, and superpower.

Surprise, surprise.

Apr 7, 2023 1:35 PM
Dec 2021
A magical girl anime with multiple seasons. It would be a shoujo, and not gratuitously dark.
Apr 7, 2023 1:48 PM
Mar 2017
action, horror, mecha, ecchi

yeah, that should be good

or even better: dementia

me on a comfy day: comedy, slice of life, a bit of drama i guess
Apr 7, 2023 2:06 PM

Mar 2023
Action mecha adventure sci-fi war drama with psychological elements and fanservice. 
Apr 7, 2023 2:06 PM

Jul 2022
Probably an isekai really similar to the eminence in the shadow, i really like the idea on which it is based on. Especially the harem he have, it's not intrusive and it doesn't bother the show that much. It also is actually useful unlike usual ones.
Apr 7, 2023 5:08 PM

Aug 2020
Tbh I think most stuff I write is ill-suited for this medium and wouldn't be popular with anime fans? 😅 It's mostly a lot of Western fantasy/supernatural stuff.

I think the ones that would work are the SciFi ones, since I usually have teen protags for those and the stories work more on a global scale and lean into anime tropes, in part due to me usually writing these for the honeyfeed contests x)
Apr 7, 2023 5:17 PM

Sep 2021
An action, magic, comedy, drama anime with isekai and school themes where the former one isn't revealed until later on in the series, like some sort of plot twist
Apr 7, 2023 5:28 PM

Apr 2016
Doesn't really matter, I have concepts of how to structure almost any genre around my fetishes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 7, 2023 5:53 PM

Jun 2016
i'd rescue the Super Robot subgenre
Apr 8, 2023 4:55 AM

Aug 2020
Most prominently would be drama filled with coming-of-age, romance, politics, mystery, possibly even military and thriller. Kinda like OPM + Mob Psycho minus the sci-fi and supernatural.
Apr 8, 2023 5:14 AM

Sep 2021
Kazu-chan-san said:
Medieval Middle-Earth inspired fantasy, drama and tragedy.
I need something like this real bad.
Apr 8, 2023 5:16 AM

Aug 2021
the world needs more vampire yuri romance
Apr 8, 2023 6:37 AM

Dec 2020
Action , Avant Garde , Psychological , Gore , Horror , Mystery, Suspense , Drama , Sci-Fi , Military

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Apr 8, 2023 8:50 AM

Aug 2018
some wholesome and unique paced slice of life story like aria or frieren for me, with lill bit supernatural stuff going 
still having great time with my stuff
Apr 8, 2023 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
1000% isekai, the genre deserves something great after how hard SAO fell off post-season two.
Apr 8, 2023 1:07 PM

Apr 2022
Based on what i indeed write has short stories the best ones which were praised the most by my beta readers were fantasy or sci fi which isnt too surprising since that is what i enjoy the most as genre. Mostly dark fantasy and cyperpunk or post apo if i'm going to be more precise with subgenres. It would probably has lot of dark or sarcastic humor, kind of weirdo/marginal main characters that tends to be pretty badly matched couple or team that somehow still works well together, and universe were my love of metal music tends to show a lot. 

Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) - Forum Signature by craftyaegis on DeviantArt

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 25 minutes ago

6 by Zettaiken »»
1 minute ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 8 hours ago

17 by Theo1899 »»
7 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

52 by -YaoiBoy- »»
11 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

57 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 56 minutes ago

11 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.