Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 2, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
Do you know yesterday's Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu a.k.a The Dangers in My Heart? Well, this is more of the same, with a gender swapped role.

The Grim Reaper that is Akane Nishimura (that she honestly looks like the young version of WataMote's Tomoko Kuroki), with the new transfer student Taiyou Takada, this is a rom-com that's just like any other but set in middle school. Takada's gimmick is that he's innocent and clueless on why Nishimura is called the Grim Reaper, not realizing that she is the constantly bullied person that draws attention to herself, and others related to her. No matter how Nishimura tries to push him away, Takada is a chad for making her heart flutter from the outset.

It's clear that school is hard for Nishimura, yet with Takada's inclusion and his deal of wanting to be her very first friend, he's becoming the showstopper that impresses even the girls who think of him as the talented kid who's worth crushing on. But to Akane, she feels unconfident enough to face him, though he's alright after taking the fall for her in a normal P.E. dodgeball session, which he was eagerly waiting for her (Hino, good wingboy).

And it's normal for immature kids to start pairing them both...which Takada's clueless idiocy knows no bounds.

The OST is nice with paced visuals.

This is a simple show, yet still a tantalizing good time of a rom-com that still will bring wholesome smiles of romanticism.
KANLen09Apr 2, 2023 7:54 AM
Apr 2, 2023 7:23 AM
Oct 2022
There is a after credit seen at this episode dont forget it!

Apr 2, 2023 7:29 AM

Sep 2020
Man, this was so wholesome. I really love the dynamic with the main two. Nishimura’s blushes were very cute and I love Takada’s outgoing personality contradicting her personality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2023 7:33 AM

Mar 2020
This one hit me on a personal level, because it really made me reminisce about how fun elementary/primary school was when I was little, with all the goofiness back then when I was a kid. An awesome premiere that honestly had me tearing up because it made me remember a whole lot about the fun times in my childhood. Akane and Taiyou are awesome already, though I hope Taiyou doesn't get too gimmicky down the road. He actually thinks Akane is the Grim Reaper, and I have a feeling that it might get a little dark later on (maybe perhaps a death of a loved one that Taiyou believes the Grim Reaper can bring back to life? Haven't read manga though). Just a wholesome series, while simple, hit all the right notes for me.

The opening and ending visuals didn't need to go that hard either, I'm impressed with this one already, love it! Can't wait for more.
Apr 2, 2023 7:35 AM

May 2018
Not gonna lie, while I think it might be cute and all, I feel like it treats bullying too lightly, the fact that the boy doesn't realize that everyone is being mean to Nishimura, and that this isn't cool at all, it's just wrong. Well, I guess the name does make sense anyway, he's clueless, oblivious, but I'm not sure if that actually works as a comedy for me.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 2, 2023 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
I thought it was okay. Honestly nothing special. I thought the teasing aspect was not really addressed too much but it was a fine start. Op and Ed were decent.

The Mr. and Mrs. Grim Reaper part was funny.

Interesting to see where this goes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 2, 2023 7:51 AM
Oct 2022
Sachyan said:
Not gonna lie, while I think it might be cute and all, I feel like it treats bullying too lightly, the fact that the boy doesn't realize that everyone is being mean to Nishimura, and that this isn't cool at all, it's just wrong. Well, I guess the name does make sense anyway, he's clueless, oblivious, but I'm not sure if that actually works as a comedy for me.

He will slowly lose his clulessness both about the the bullying, and about the hardcore flirting he does. He will realise that bullying is wrong and will defend the girl multiple times. You will see

Apr 2, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 2021
any romance or just another kubo san?
Apr 2, 2023 8:03 AM
Sep 2021
It was a sweet, soothing elemented centered episode. Nice introduction to the season Enjoyed the 1st episode, excited for more wholesomeness.
Apr 2, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2015
"Ouji-kun is an idiot"- that is what this anime should be called. The premise could have been used to make a wholesome story, the kind that we have seen a lot of times in which the main character gets raised from the bottom of the hierarchy by somebody caring about them. But now the "hero" is an over-active, noisy brat of the irritating kind. I shouldn't even have to check its tags to know this anime is shounen.
IshitatesoApr 2, 2023 11:22 AM
Apr 2, 2023 8:07 AM
Oct 2022
perfectionFound said:

This will have more romance (in 1 season) than kubo-san will have (in 1 season). And they are middle schoolers, so dont expcet much but:
in one season

Apr 2, 2023 8:10 AM

Dec 2013
Man... This show is way too sad, a girl who has done nothing wrong being bullied her whole life, the ED specially holds back no punches, showing how lonely a life can be, all lost running in circles with no way out but all you need is just one hand reaching out to you to be able to find your way, this show got me pretty emotional.

Finally a show that I'm interested this season, the season started with the wrong foot for me but liked a lot this one, unique visuals are always a plus. Hino seems to be an angel too, the only other decent kid on that school.
Apr 2, 2023 8:14 AM
Feb 2018
This guy is so special that even the Grim Reaper is afraid of him
Apr 2, 2023 8:31 AM

Mar 2014
Hmmm it's okay I guess but I've seen better
Apr 2, 2023 8:40 AM
Apr 2022
as often, kids aren't fully aware of their actions, but sometimes there's a kid like takada that can do some good while still being oblivious at the same time.
anyway, gloomy girl's blush makes my kokoro itai. hopes to see more of that in the future
Apr 2, 2023 8:52 AM

Nov 2016
I predict threads complaining about how this show deals with bullying.

I mean, you can get offended, but Takeda is just a kid. Try to see the good in him. I for one like how unconventional the premise and tone here are.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2022
When opposites meet, Takeda is so crazy energetic with a full on personality as well as leaning towards future chuunibyo-ness lol, Nishimura needs someone like that around her otherwise the bullying will get worse and worse for her mentally.

I wonder if theres a darker reason for Takeda being so upbeat, family tragedy which flipped an odd switch in him, not seen Nishimura's mother yet, if shes alive....

Its a fun start and i like the art style
Apr 2, 2023 9:12 AM
May 2020
Heartwarming<3 i loved this first episode

Apr 2, 2023 9:16 AM

Jul 2011
Woah, woah, woah... I thought this was a non-ecchi work from the author. But we already have handholding.

Sure is bullying, but call someone shinigami is kinda cool nickname. If was legally okay, I think the author would use Gegege no Kitaro than shinigami.

At least looks like the Hino kid is chill.
Apr 2, 2023 9:24 AM

Dec 2022
Este anime tiene muy buena pinta!
Es muy tiernoooo :,)
Gran cap
Apr 2, 2023 9:31 AM
Dec 2021
ogblynz said:
perfectionFound said:

This will have more romance (in 1 season) than kubo-san will have (in 1 season). And they are middle schoolers, so dont expcet much but:
in one season
Thank you for your reply
Apr 2, 2023 9:49 AM
Dec 2022
Nice simple fun anime after the pilot of hells paradise
Apr 2, 2023 9:50 AM
Mar 2020
A forma como sombrearam o cabelo, eu achei muito bunda, bem estranho.
Apr 2, 2023 9:50 AM
Mar 2020
A forma como sombrearam o cabelo, eu achei muito bunda, bem estranho.
Apr 2, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2020
When you want to show the bright side of bullying xD

Takada will get it somehow, that kids in their class don't see Nishimura as some super cool being, and thus the grim reaper thing isn't as good as he thinks it is, but fine I'm content with whatever we got. That kid may be clueless but he has a good heart.
Apr 2, 2023 10:00 AM
May 2011
The manga is way more gloomy. This felt a bit off tbh and not as wholesome. Kinda disappointed so far with the adaptation
Apr 2, 2023 10:02 AM

Mar 2021
This was a nice opening episode I like how Takada just wants to be friends with Nishimura immediately
Apr 2, 2023 10:25 AM
Oct 2009
Animations is not so good, but it doesn't matter since the content is good. The series is underestimated, it's good and funny better than 9 of 10 isekai anime with good graphics they make.
Apr 2, 2023 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
This anime makes me realized there should be more elementary school protagonists.

Also, the boy brings so much positive energy he could create his own harem, anywhere, anytime.
Apr 2, 2023 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
Kinda cute but production value seems low.  Gonna put this one in the maybe folder
Apr 2, 2023 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
Lol this was pretty cute, almost like a Kimi ni todoke set up with the girl having no friends and getting made fun of, rumours etc. unique art style, wholesome and sweet.
Apr 2, 2023 11:04 AM
Jul 2022
This is enjoyable and super hilarious. The Tomo-Chan of this season it seems.
Apr 2, 2023 11:20 AM

Jul 2021
the both are so cute bro i love this. have no idea why this is rated so low.

seems like this will be the comfy, wholesome and cute show of the season.

5/5. looking forward to the next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 2, 2023 11:20 AM

Mar 2020
Kinda childish show tbh, not sure if it’s gonna be worth the time investment, they should have made episodes 10 minutes or so and more engaging cause 20 minutes is a little to much for what they have to show. All in all as someone said here already there are loads of Isekai that suck real booty compared to this so at least I hope it has the success it deserves but good chance I’ll drop it within the next couple epis
Apr 2, 2023 11:55 AM

Feb 2010
Makes me sad to know fifth graders are like that everywhere in the world. A shame the dialogue was too close to home because this seems like a cute anime
Apr 2, 2023 12:23 PM
Jul 2016
Kids are so cruel 😭
Apr 2, 2023 12:26 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
That was cute, the MC a bit too overactive for my taste. The song from the ED was great, I was really vibing when I heard it :)
Apr 2, 2023 12:35 PM

Jul 2019
Takada is built different, he has that rizz, he is is that guy, he is him
Apr 2, 2023 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
Sachyan said:
I actually have a feeling that he actually knows what is going on, but he's faking being clueless. Like the very beginning when he sees all the people out-casting her while waiting at the crosswalk and also when he says "You say she's a regular human? But you've been calling her the grim reaper this whole time"

Apr 2, 2023 1:10 PM
Jul 2015
Sachyan said:
the fact that the boy doesn't realize that everyone is being mean to Nishimura, and that this isn't cool at all, it's just wrong.
I'm not sure you really mean it that way, but it almost sounds like you would expect stupid kids to be magically imprinted with some fundamental knowledge on that stuff, just because. It doesn't work like that. For now, we could really just assume he doesn't know bullying. And even if he did, so what? His very special kind of obliviousness IS one way to deal with it so far, no? His over-the-top openness is disarming af and seems pretty effective against their cheap toxicity (again: for now).

Apart from that: Yea. The setting/premise is kind of reeaaally dark and not wholesome at all.
Apr 2, 2023 1:24 PM
Jul 2020
Very interesting. Nishimura Akane is a good kid, it's sad that she gets different treatment from her classmates. Luckily Takada Taiyou came along, he's a lovely kid.

Apr 2, 2023 1:28 PM

May 2018
Dickegrobe said:
Sachyan said:
the fact that the boy doesn't realize that everyone is being mean to Nishimura, and that this isn't cool at all, it's just wrong.
I'm not sure you really mean it that way, but it almost sounds like you would expect stupid kids to be magically imprinted with some fundamental knowledge on that stuff, just because. It doesn't work like that. For now, we could really just assume he doesn't know bullying. And even if he did, so what? His very special kind of obliviousness IS one way to deal with it so far, no? His over-the-top openness is disarming af and seems pretty effective against their cheap toxicity (again: for now).

Apart from that: Yea. The setting/premise is kind of reeaaally dark and not wholesome at all.

Elementary school kids aren't stupid, they might be naïve but I'm pretty sure they can recognize something when it's blatantly obvious, specially when it's pretty clear that besides the open insults, everyone just keeps a very big distance from Nishimura, clearly avoiding her. Even my sister who is like 7 yo can tell when someone is being mean, kids are very smart and self-conscious in their own way, plain stupidity doesn't really do justice to their general behaviour. And the situation portrayed in the anime is so exaggerated that there's no way someone wouldn't be able to tell what's exactly happening. So he is either faking it, trying to come up with an act to approach Nishimura and protect her, which I think is very unlikely, or he's just stupid, which is anticlimactic and uncharacteristic to me, doesn't really feel right. In the end, I know this is just a comedy, so I'll try to put all logic aside, but I think it's quite tasteless anyway.

Apr 2, 2023 1:33 PM
May 2021
pretty simple but cute so far. seems like it'll be a nice, wholesome show
My 2023 candies:
Apr 2, 2023 1:33 PM

May 2022
I'm in! Count me in as part of Team Grim Reaper! Or the Grim Reapers Club, or the Society of Grim Reapers! Maybe the Benevolent Protective Order of the Grim Reapers, BPOGR! This show is great. I want to be as courageous as Takada, and as cool as Nishimura. I want to be like Takada and not care about bullies, just celebrating life, seeking out the cool kids as friends. Can't wait 'til next week!
Apr 2, 2023 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
The Clueless Transfer Student is a drop. There's one joke for the whole episode and probably for the whole show. And it looks  not good as many other shows from this season. I didn't even smile once.
Also the characters are 10 yo. so we will not get any sharp themes like in The dangers in my heart
Apr 2, 2023 2:27 PM
Jul 2015
Sachyan said:
blatantly obvious
Something cannot be obvious by itself, unless you have at least a loose grasp of the concept. Adults tend to forget that. If we take him as a blank page, he would still first need to see/find(!) and than connect the dots. With the latter I don't mean actually analysing shit on an abstract level, but really just the most basic pattern-recognition most kids usually can do pretty well, with their endless sponges for brains.

As for anecdotes: I know people who where oblivious to being bullied* as kids until far into their late teens - not just pretending out of self-preservation while secretly crying into their pillows, no, pretty much at peace and really not recognising that other people were trying to be mean to them. Also, I know people who just didn't see stuff right in front of their eyes (again: actually not recognising stuff). It's a thing.

But still, what he was doing - oblivious or not -, did work. And not even in a dirty whatever-means-to-an-end way. For example, he actually made the home-going guys question their own "reasoning" for a second there. He did a Sokrates on them! Can't really complain about that.

* Not talking physical abuse or violence. "Only" excessive verbal teasing and pranking.
Apr 2, 2023 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
ExcelDog said:
sharp themes like in The dangers in my heart
What is a sharp theme?
Apr 2, 2023 2:47 PM

May 2018
Dickegrobe said:
Sachyan said:
blatantly obvious
Something cannot be obvious by itself, unless you have at least a loose grasp of the concept. Adults tend to forget that. If we take him as a blank page, he would still first need to see/find(!) and than connect the dots. With the latter I don't mean actually analysing shit on an abstract level, but really just the most basic pattern-recognition most kids usually can do pretty well, with their endless sponges for brains.

As for anecdotes: I know people who where oblivious to being bullied* as kids until far into their late teens - not just pretending out of self-preservation while secretly crying into their pillows, no, pretty much at peace and really not recognising that other people were trying to be mean to them. Also, I know people who just didn't see stuff right in front of their eyes (again: actually not recognising stuff). It's a thing.

But still, what he was doing - oblivious or not -, did work. And not even in a dirty whatever-means-to-an-end way. For example, he actually made the home-going guys question their own "reasoning" for a second there. He did a Sokrates on them! Can't really complain about that.

* Not talking physical abuse or violence. "Only" excessive verbal teasing and pranking.

You have quite a grasp of the concept if you ask me, it's screaming in their faces all the time, in the entire episode. And he's literally the only person in the entire story who's completely oblivious about what's happening, not sure if that's acceptable, looks more like bad writing to me, and to do a ''Socrates'' on them he actually needs to be self-conscious about it, not clueless. He's not a ''blank page'', the kid is probably 10 years old already, to present him as stupid like that is not really cute and wholesome to me, and that's probably the whole point of the story. Anyway, I don't see this whole thing actually happening in a real life situation, if anything they should've put more effort into this setting, but I don't think it's worth to analyse this so deeply, as I'm pretty sure the story itself doesn't intend to show any deep meaning behind what's happening. It's just a dumb comedy in the end. 

Apr 2, 2023 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
Dickegrobe said:
ExcelDog said:
sharp themes like in The dangers in my heart
What is a sharp theme?
like murdering or sex with the girl
Apr 2, 2023 2:57 PM
Mar 2021
I see that anime director wants to make first few chapters of main source are connected properly and not going out of nowhere, even Kasahara is introduced so early. It makes sense since i find the main source is more absurd at start. The anime is slower than I thought, but still good tho.

This episode is a bit gloomy since it's still the prologue. Hopefully, next episode will focus on their wholesomeness/cuteness scenes, so everyone will get diabetes.

Shimura27Apr 2, 2023 3:49 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OG_Otaku - Apr 16, 2023

61 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 30, 2023

54 by DebiPS »»
Apr 6, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

84 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 15, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Embient - Jun 11, 2023

50 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 15, 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.