Forum Settings
Forums

'Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu' Reveals Main Staff, Summer 2023 Premiere

New
Mar 25, 2023 7:11 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
The Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 2) special Green stage at AnimeJapan 2023 revealed the main staff, a second teaser promo, and a new key visual (pictured) on Sunday. The second season is set to premiere in July 2023.

Staff
Director: Hiroki Hirano (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu assistant director) NEW
Series Composition: Toshiya Oono (Yakusoku no Neverland) NEW
Character Design: Sanae Shimada (Photokano) NEW
Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
Color Design: Makiko Doi (Gin no Saji)
Director of Photography: Shinji Tonsho (Youjo Senki)
Editing: Akinori Mishima (Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Sound Effects: Rei Ueno (Isekai Ojisan)
Music: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (No Game No Life: Zero)

Note: New staff involved with the second season are denoted with the legend NEW.

The 23-episode first season produced by Studio Bind aired in two parts in Winter 2021 and Fall 2021. Funimation streamed the anime with subtitles and an English dub.

The anime adapts Rifujin na Magonote's adventure fantasy light novel, which he penned on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website between November 2012 and April 2015. Kadokawa began printing the novel with illustrations by Sirotaka under its MF Books label in January 2014 and shipped the 26th volume in November 2022.

Yuka Fujikawa began serializing a manga adaptation in Comic Flapper magazine in May 2014. Kadokawa published the 18th volume in December 2022.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed both the light novel and manga in English. The 21st light novel volume and the 16th manga volume went on sale on March 21 and 7, respectively.

Teaser PV 2

Source: Comic Natalie
Mar 25, 2023 7:15 PM

May 2019
SO glad to see it's airing in the summer season. I was worried it'd be the fall season since it took so long to get more info since the 2nd season got announced.
Mar 25, 2023 8:20 PM

May 2019
i'm interested in the second season of this anime.
Mar 25, 2023 8:28 PM

Oct 2015
How many episodes? Are they going to end at Volume 9 if 12 episodes?
They managed to patch Cliff's story with OVA, what about Therese?

If I recall correctly, Rudeus is not overpowered yet within Renoa arc.
Mar 25, 2023 8:37 PM

May 2019
NewestPersonHere said:
How many episodes? Are they going to end at Volume 9 if 12 episodes?
They managed to patch Cliff's story with OVA, what about Therese?

If I recall correctly, Rudeus is not overpowered yet within Renoa arc.

The first PV had content from Volume 12 so the season will almost certainly be ~24 episodes, but I'm not sure if they're going to do the part 1/part 2 thing anime seem to be doing all the time now.
DrHizzleMar 25, 2023 8:43 PM
Mar 25, 2023 8:53 PM

Aug 2016
I am so hyped it's coming in the Summer I can not wait to watch this
"A world of shadow. A night with the moon hidden... Truly a fitting world for us."
Mar 26, 2023 12:11 AM

Mar 2018
Was not expecting July but here we are. The changes in the staff also make sense to a degree. Let's get that Part 2 later!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Mar 26, 2023 1:57 AM

Oct 2018
Letssssssssssssssssssss goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. 
MiscanthusMar 26, 2023 2:07 AM
Mar 26, 2023 2:01 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
That is sooner than I expected, was considering a Fall release, nice.
Mar 26, 2023 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
MOST EXCELLENT NEWS INDEED! :D 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 26, 2023 3:49 AM
Mar 2023
Was not expecting July but here we are. The changes in the staff also make sense to a degree. Let's get that Part 2 later!
Mar 26, 2023 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
damn they changed the director and CD but it seems the overall look did not change though especially the compositing that still have same staff
Mar 26, 2023 4:34 AM

Jan 2023
I still cant take this anime, this MC is on another lv of pedo perverted... I just cant watch him doing these stuffs like is nothing.. 
Mar 26, 2023 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
Just a few more months, can't wait to see upcoming events animated.
Mar 26, 2023 7:55 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
damn they changed the director and CD but it seems the overall look did not change though especially the compositing that still have same staff
I hope the new director does as well as the previous one.
Mar 26, 2023 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:
deg said:
I hope the new director does as well as the previous one.

ye agreed but its worrying that he did not direct any other anime on his MAL page lol damn
Mar 26, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
Just finished season one earlier this month. Although I enjoyed it, it didn't click with me as much as I hoped. Don't have anyone I truly like among the cast yet. Hopefully second season picks up so I can be more hyped for this news.
Mar 26, 2023 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
Let's goooo! Didn't expect it will air this July.

Summer 2023 anime lineup are getting stronger.
Mar 27, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2023
Luigi11Ism said:
Yumi_Sakigami said:
I still cant take this anime, this MC is on another lv of pedo perverted... I just cant watch him doing these stuffs like is nothing.. 
Facts, people are just blind. Trust me even my own friends are blind, calling it "the best Isekai".
I still wonder why people like this so much, I read the manga adaptation when the release starts... the world is interesting and side characters are cool, but the MC is just fuc$% PEDO pervert! And he don't even try to hide it... I tried to watch the anime, because I still look at the manga, but wtf, it takes the level of being disgusting and disgusting to another level.. I can't like him not even a little, you saw the trailer? (I wonder, everyone saw)? he was crying on the panties he stole from his teacher, and worse he's going to make an altar for her and worship her like a hallowed family treasure.. in short, he's among one of the worst MC's I've ever seen, if not the worst, does it have growth? yeah, but he's still a PEDO pervert and he hasn't changed a bit about it... it's just disgusting to watch anyway, he have lust for childs and never fix this shit, and I don't know how anyone can like this nasty MC.. but well, everyone has their own tastes, that's why there are people who like it...
Yumi_SakigamiMar 27, 2023 5:19 AM
Mar 27, 2023 6:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The greatest isekai of all time returns this summer and my body is ready for it all
Mar 27, 2023 4:15 PM
Feb 2022
Tokoya said:
The greatest isekai of all time returns this summer and my body is ready for it all
being best isekai is like being the greatest type of lettuce
Mar 28, 2023 5:49 AM

Oct 2015
Tokoya said:
Hard to call it greatest isekai.

Ascendence Of Bookworm is the only isekai that has enter hall of fame in Kono Light Novel Ga Sugoi.
Slime isekai has the highest LN sales with 30 million, Mushoku Tensei has 11 million if I recall correctly.

Mushoku Tensei lacks consistency. It is rather weak from Volume 18 onwards. I find Volume 13 and Volume 18 boring.
I will read Volume 22 before deciding if I should drop it.

The next big isekai are Dahlia In Bloom and Modern Villainous. I have not read them yet. Well, the number of isekai has reduced over the past few years.
Mar 28, 2023 6:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
xanadu345 said:
Tokoya said:
There's still a good amount of good isekai out there tho

NewestPersonHere said:
Tokoya said:

Ascendence Of Bookworm is the only isekai that has enter hall of fame in Kono Light Novel Ga Sugoi.
Slime isekai has the highest LN sales with 30 million, Mushoku Tensei has 11 million if I recall correctly.

Mushoku Tensei lacks consistency. It is rather weak from Volume 18 onwards. I find Volume 13 and Volume 18 boring.

The next big isekai are Dahlia In Bloom and Modern Villainous. I have not read them yet. Well, the number of isekai has reduced over the past few years.
Sales means nothing for the most part when it comes to quality, so I'm not watching Slime's (Albeit it being another great isekai too) sales but as for everything else, I respect your opinion on the matter

Mar 28, 2023 7:35 AM

Mar 2014
I was very shocked to hear that the second season will be airing this year lol but I am happy about it nonetheless
Apr 13, 2023 6:14 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
NewestPersonHere said:
Tokoya said:

Jobless Reincarnation > Your Favorite Anime 
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
May 20, 2023 3:08 AM

Oct 2015
Tokoya said:
xanadu345 said:
There's still a good amount of good isekai out there tho

NewestPersonHere said:

Sales means nothing for the most part when it comes to quality, so I'm not watching Slime's (Albeit it being another great isekai too) sales but as for everything else, I respect your opinion on the matter

Just completed Volume 22. It does get better again with princess Rudeus and champion Eris. XD
For me, Volume 13, 18, 20, 21 are the weakest volumes, the best volumes are volume 12, 15, 17.

I agreed that sales does not equal quality, sales equal to popularity which does not equal to quality. Most of the highest selling LNs are wish-fulfillment.
Current LN sales numbers:
1) Index: 31m 
2) Slime Isekai: 30m (expected to surpass Index at the end of this year)
3) SAO: 30m
4) Mahouka: 22m
5) Apothecary Diaries: 21m (expected to surpass Makouka at the end of this year)
I cannot comment on Slime Isekai because I got bored reading it. 
Fun Fact: When Apothecary Diaries anime is announced, LN community went crazy, the LN Discord server I am in become flooded with messages for the whole day.

In the LN side of things, isekai era is over. Romcoms make up of 60-70 percent of new LNs.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

28 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
13 seconds ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.