Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2023 9:55 PM
Jun 2022
At first it didn't catch my attention at all since I don't watch many series of this style, but to my surprise its first episode was entertaining. I am very curious to know how the story will develop and for that reason I will give it a chance this season and I hope it surprises me.

At "La Mole Convention 2023", Crunchyroll presented the first episode of this and two other series.

Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2023/03/13/mxico-crunchyroll-llevar-lo-ltimo-en-anime-a-la-mole-convention-2023

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Mar 22, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2021
Sir_Alpha_ said:
At first it didn't catch my attention at all since I don't watch many series of this style, but to my surprise its first episode was entertaining. I am very curious to know how the story will develop and for that reason I will give it a chance this season and I hope it surprises me.

At "La Mole Convention 2023", Crunchyroll presented the first episode of this and two other series.

Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2023/03/13/mxico-crunchyroll-llevar-lo-ltimo-en-anime-a-la-mole-convention-2023

Don't get your hopes high. It will only have 12 episodes! Better read the manga then. Or hope for the second season announcement soon after.
Mar 25, 2023 4:03 AM
Apr 2015
Memore said:
Sir_Alpha_ said:

Don't get your hopes high. It will only have 12 episodes! Better read the manga then. Or hope for the second season announcement soon after.

12 episodes perfect to adapt first arc
Mar 25, 2023 4:05 AM

Feb 2021
TGAvi said:
Memore said:

Yes, I agree. Still I hoped for it to be at least 24-26 episodes. Manga is not a work for 12 episodes adaptation. I really would like season 2 announcement when the series ends.
Mar 25, 2023 4:13 AM
Apr 2015
Sir_Alpha_ said:

What about animation and art style ?
Mar 25, 2023 4:14 AM
Apr 2015
Memore said:
TGAvi said:

Yes, I agree. Still I hoped for it to be at least 24-26 episodes. Manga is not a work for 12 episodes adaptation. I really would like season 2 announcement when the series ends.

I wish we will get sequal
Mar 25, 2023 4:14 AM

Feb 2021
TGAvi said:
Memore said:

I wish we will get sequal

I hope for it too! It HAS to!
Mar 25, 2023 7:11 AM
Jun 2022
TGAvi said:
Sir_Alpha_ said:

What about animation and art style ?

I don't know how is the character design in the manga and I'm not an expert in animation, but in my opinion it has a too decent animation for an anime of this style, I even feel that a great point in its favor is that the color palette looks a little darker than what we usually see.

Also one of the things I liked the most were the character designs, especially the main character's looks great considering he is a man of almost 50 years old.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand the idea I'm trying to convey.

Mar 25, 2023 7:15 AM
Jun 2022
Memore said:
Sir_Alpha_ said:

I will try not to have high expectations as I feel that ruins the experience of watching the series and possibly I will read its manga if I really like it.

Mar 25, 2023 8:51 AM

Feb 2021
Sir_Alpha_ said:
Memore said:

I will try not to have high expectations as I feel that ruins the experience of watching the series and possibly I will read its manga if I really like it.

I will also read the manga anyway because 12 episodes can't adapt the manga, if there would be 20+ episodes then maybe it CAN adapt the manga one way or another, sadly in this case it can't cover the manga plot in the NECESSARY LEVEL for people to understand it.
Apr 2, 2023 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
I read the manga awhile ago although I don't remember much about it. Glad that the anime features an adult cast without cartoony gimmicks.

Tetsuo doesn't seem like an impressive character at first glance and didn't make a big impression on me. However, I do like the way they introduced the story so far. It looks like the anime deals with some sensitive yet realistic elements such as abuse. Also thought the music of the show mixed in well with the emotion and mood. Decent start imo although there's a lot to adapt for this series...and they'll definitely need to  condense material to make this work somehow.
Apr 2, 2023 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
Mangaka's Naoki Yamakawa's 2nd inning of the newest hit after the dud that is 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru a.k.a I'm Standing On A Million Lives, this show already looks more promising given the manga's hype.

Decent OST, though the visuals are somewhat subpar.

The story of 47-year-old salaryman Tetsuo Tosu meeting his celebrity of a daughter Reika, but seeing her face being beaten up, there is only one possibility: her boyfriend Matori Nobuto, who is nothing but a scum gangster. And within a split second, the father got himself into a massive heap of trouble, which he can only reassure his wife that everything's OK. Everything about his family looks like a happy family...until the rebellion stage, and infiltrating his daughter's place with the spare key to hear of the same gangster being proud of his murderous intents, getting his hands even with his daughter Reika to complete his usual routine job. But to find Matori dead in Tetsuo's hands, it's a sign of disaster.

WOW, Tetsuo COMPLETELY murdered Matori, that his wife Kasen finding out that he did the deed out of self-defense, there're clearly Yazuka under him. While one of the organization's henchmen under boss Kubo (Suzuki Kyouichi) stood behind the scenes, both Tetsuo and his wife hid the evidence out of Reika's view so that she would not notice the atrocity that the father did. But this would not slip out of Kyouichi's view, and what he'll see, will change everything.

WHAT A PREMIERE EPISODE. NOW I'M FUCKING HYPED FOR MORE.
Apr 2, 2023 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
Not bad. I look forward to seeing where it goes from here
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 2, 2023 8:48 AM

Apr 2012
The daughter is so fucking dumb. sigh
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 2, 2023 8:56 AM

May 2021
I remember reading a few chapters of the manga 2 years ago, the plot is quite frenetic and entertaining, the manga doesn't waste its time and goes straight to the point, that's what I liked the most about the manga at the time.
Now, talking about the adaptation....
I don't really like the animation or the character designs, it reminds me a bit of tokyo revengers XD.
I hope these details will be solved in the future and that the adaptation of this manga will be enjoyable.
Apr 2, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 2021
The fight of the father tetsuo against the yakuza's organization is beginning from now on. Excited for more of the action and the thrill.
Apr 2, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
And the award for the best parents go to...

But specifically, the mom handle the situation so well that I think the society is lucky to have her on a "good side".
Apr 2, 2023 9:00 AM
Jan 2021
Sorry, can't stand this stilted animation. Reading the manga instead. hope you all enjoy it
Apr 2, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
I really wish the production wasn't as underwhelming as it was for a series like this since this does seem refreshing when I look at the catalogue of shows airing this season. One of the few series where I actually would have considered watching a live action adaptation if it was there over this.
Apr 2, 2023 9:03 AM
Apr 2022
That was a shit ton of fun! Wild first episode! Music is good and animation is bad but not so bad that I can’t handle watching it or am I ever distracted by how bad it is. This is gonna be one of the most fun shows this season I can tell!
Apr 2, 2023 9:04 AM

Jun 2017
The animation is horrendous, the father and her daughter are complete idiots, the first episode was pretty embarrassing tbh. I hope it gets better but visually this series is already a failure.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Apr 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Not a big fan of Reika because she's too real lol.

Looking forward to seeing the dad eventually kill the dude who took his picture hopefully.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 2, 2023 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
I really wish the production wasn't as underwhelming as it was for a series like this since this does seem refreshing when I look at the catalogue of shows airing this season. One of the few series where I actually would have considered watching a live action adaptation if it was there over this.
Easily the show's Achilles' Heel of an adulterated show like this, the production is kinda disappointing to say the least.
Apr 2, 2023 9:08 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
that was a wild start, a lot happened, I have a lot of questions, I didn't really understand everything. I found it strange how the characters behaved, the daughter seemed very relaxed (except for the scene where she cried for a few seconds), the mother also although MC killed someone etc. that was a bit strange. The episode didn't quite convince me, but it definitely has potential.
Apr 2, 2023 9:13 AM

Nov 2016
I wish I didn't read the synopsis. Ok start, doesn't seem like something that needs to be adapted as an anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2023 9:15 AM

Feb 2010
FMmatron said:
I wish I didn't read the synopsis. Ok start, doesn't seem like something that needs to be adapted as an anime.
Because F*** anime-viewers right?

OK.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Apr 2, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2020
now this is some really good shit right here, I'm thrilled to watch the story unfold
Apr 2, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2020
I mean I don't know if it has a live action adaptation already, but this seems like something which would benefit more that way. It is decent for now, though it's just the start. May when we know more about the mysteries around everyone, it could be more than decent.
Apr 2, 2023 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
I had my eyes on this one since it was first announced because the synopsis sounded interesting, but this first episode was a little underwhelming, mostly in terms of the visuals. Aside from the darker color change when the dad was killing the boyfriend, nothing in the production really stood out. I'm still intrigued by the story though so I'll be in it for that. Decent premiere, hopefully it gets better since there's definitely potential with a crime story like this. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 2, 2023 9:19 AM

Dec 2010
im 10 mins in and this dad seems god damn uselss
Apr 2, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2020
I personally think it was a good first episode. Excited for the next one.
Apr 2, 2023 9:24 AM

Oct 2022
Impulsive actions of a dad in order to protect her daughter leads the death of her boyfriend.

Wasn't expecting much from the plot at first but this episode really caught my eye and now I am excited for the next episode.
Apr 2, 2023 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The animation kinda butchered my experience, but we'll see.
Apr 2, 2023 9:25 AM
May 2021
The animation style of this anime felt really weird. But some nice thrilling moments. This anime is kinda inspired from Drishyam movie, but ya drishyam did it better for sure
Apr 2, 2023 9:28 AM
Apr 2023
Apratim said:
The animation style of this anime felt really weird. But some nice thrilling moments. This anime is kinda inspired from Drishyam movie, but ya drishyam did it better for sure

are u fucking dumb go get a life my bro u r literally saying whatever u want drishyam and this show are very different
Apr 2, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2019
it looks terrible, the pacing is bad and even the voice acting is sub par.
other than the op and ed there was nothing redeeming about this episode.
the manga is miles better than this disaster.
Apr 2, 2023 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
ReinhardVonMusel said:
FMmatron said:
Because F*** anime-viewers right?

OK.

If you ask me like that, yeah.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2023 9:34 AM

Mar 2020
I don't think I've watched this kind of the show in the anime medium yet, it feels like a very typical Hollywood action thriller movie. The premiere had its share of contrivances, but I actually still enjoyed it, as its a breath of fresh air from your typical seasonal. Yeah, it's probably gonna rely a lot on shock value, so we'll see how it progresses from here. The animation and visuals are definitely a weak point, but it didn't take away too much from my enjoyment here. Still excited for more. I feel a live action adaptation would suit this more than a tv anime format.
Apr 2, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2018
Cheap af. Zero directing, bad animation and voice acting - overall it feels like moving colored frames instead of anime. Are they even tried?
Guess I'll read the manga instead.
Apr 2, 2023 9:52 AM
Nov 2008
I'd be more scared of the mother. The lack of reaction on her part makes it feel like she's a psychopath. The anime felt really off for some reason though. Another one dropped after the first episode. Let's hope we get better stuff this season.
Apr 2, 2023 9:54 AM

Dec 2020
The setting is something else that i don’t watch often but the first episode was nice i like it, looking forward to the next episode. Her mom is a bit crazy.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 2, 2023 9:58 AM
Apr 2015
Mcsuper said:
I don't think I've watched this kind of the show in the anime medium yet, it feels like a very typical Hollywood action thriller movie. The premiere had its share of contrivances, but I actually still enjoyed it, as its a breath of fresh air from your typical seasonal. Yeah, it's probably gonna rely a lot on shock value, so we'll see how it progresses from here. The animation and visuals are definitely a weak point, but it didn't take away too much from my enjoyment here. Still excited for more. I feel a live action adaptation would suit this more than a tv anime format.

Anime is better than live action
But give it better studio
Like mappa or wit
Apr 2, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2021
What the hell are those family dynamics
Apr 2, 2023 10:07 AM

Jul 2011
That's unexpected. A good punch on the nuts, a rare thing to see when necessary.

I like the mother, a ride or die partner.
Apr 2, 2023 10:08 AM

May 2015
I'm intrigued. Father and mother were totally killing it. (no pun intended)
Apr 2, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2018
This episode barely made any sense to me, not to mention everybody was acting like lunatic...
The sad state of contemporary seinen.

I am dropping this.
Apr 2, 2023 10:16 AM
May 2021
Akagami_shankss said:
Apratim said:

are u fucking dumb go get a life my bro u r literally saying whatever u want drishyam and this show are very different

Huh? read the synopsis idiot 😂. Just interchange Mafia with Police family son. The basic plot of the anime becomes drishyam. I was talking about basic plot, not about the character's behavior or lifestyle 🤦🏻‍♂️
Apr 2, 2023 10:19 AM

Apr 2010
I think first episode is kinda weak...
Apr 2, 2023 10:31 AM
Apr 2018
DreadfulControl said:
The animation is horrendous, the father and her daughter are complete idiots, the first episode was pretty embarrassing tbh. I hope it gets better but visually this series is already a failure.
They are not idiot. They are NORMAL
Apr 2, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2018
kataneer said:
Cheap af. Zero directing, bad animation and voice acting - overall it feels like moving colored frames instead of anime. Are they even tried?
Guess I'll read the manga instead.
zero direction? wasn't this how normal Hollywood movie directed?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

110 by aranami »»
Mar 17, 11:21 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

66 by HanageShinken »»
Mar 5, 4:58 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2023

61 by kizeroch »»
Feb 11, 8:29 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

65 by Traotora »»
Feb 8, 5:41 PM

» My Home Hero might be copied from Drishyam movie.

Xion69 - Apr 9, 2023

16 by SaitamaKirito »»
Jan 31, 3:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.