Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 9, 2023 8:59 AM

Jan 2021
Happy birthday Tomo!, Carol coming with an huge gold bar got me lmfao, amazing. The girly part of Tomo looked nice though, even though she ran into Jun on the way, at least they had an nice talk.

Volleyball tournament looked more like an battlefield, that was intense. 
Feb 9, 2023 9:01 AM
Dec 2022
Another wholesome episode, I loved it when Tomo got fired up when Jun defended her by taking the dodgeball by himself and then they hilariously won lmao.
Feb 9, 2023 9:35 AM
Nov 2020
sooooooooo goooddddd
Feb 9, 2023 9:48 AM

May 2021
Now that is some progressing baby. Tomo dress like a girl, Jun actually look to Tomo as girl, Tomo birthday. This episode is entertaining af with a lot of sub stories. I love the handballs scene tho, with a lot of exaggeration drama and end with simple throw.
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Feb 9, 2023 1:34 PM

Jul 2022
nice episode and tomo is cute as always men
Feb 9, 2023 2:51 PM

Nov 2016
Lol @ the gold bar

Feminine Tomoko is definitely a glow down. And dodgeball in anime is always a W, especially if it's so over the top dramatic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 9, 2023 3:14 PM

Dec 2022
Adoro a Tomo y su personalidad explosiva xd.
Muy buen cap.
Feb 9, 2023 5:07 PM
Aug 2016
Carol just casually dropping a kilograms worth of gold in front of Tomo and just.. not caring.

Carol and Misuzu scheming together is always fun.

Tomo and Jun hanging out with Jun not knowing was very kind, its clear that Jun doesn't just see tomo as "not a girl" (though it is funny to hear tomo yell out "your gonna dress me like a girl" and them respond "you say that like you aren't one") but more as someone to strive to be, and he just doesn't want to overcomplicate their relationship

I can kinda see why Tomo might be bothered by always being forced onto the boys teams at the school, it definitely doesn't help her with having fellow female friends. but she clearly strives in the competitive aspect and its fun to see her beat everyone no problem.

that ending attack where Jun was supposed to catch the ball.. that was adorable, I feel bad for tomo that it was the mizusu simp that took the ball instead, Jun sees Tomo as better than him and its kinda sad seeing that.
Feb 9, 2023 5:08 PM
Nov 2022
Already read the manga tho, and I'm always to pay attention to Gundo's guilty feeling to Tomo. It's interesting ☕
Feb 9, 2023 5:59 PM

Jul 2016
Tomo... I love you but your taste in sunglasses is kinda shitty, ngl.

Great episode.
Feb 9, 2023 7:19 PM
Jan 2023
if i play dogeball tomo chan is on my team
Feb 10, 2023 1:09 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode!
Feb 11, 2023 2:29 AM

Dec 2013
Carol arriving with a gold bar had me laughing. 

They actually dressed Tomo like a girl. Jun not noting wasn't surprising. Jun not noticing the high heels feels like very normal male behaviour.

We finally get a little more insight into Jun's current thoughts about his situation with Tomo. Hopefully, they expand on this in the next episode.
Feb 11, 2023 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
Still being as wholesome as ever. Tomo almost reaching Jun while in full on birthday getup and then ships passing in the night. Little bit of exposition during the 2nd half. Darn it, this shows such a tease. Love it!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 11, 2023 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
offspades said:
saw a comment somewhere else that said "why does this feel like a build up to a romance that'll stay one sided? He simply appears to admire her and doesn't see her in the way she does him" and now im completed devastated thinking about how that is a possibility. please god don't let this be true or ill eat a bus

Watch the show and dont listen to other peoples 'comments'. And dont pretend to be devastated as your clearly not watching the show.

Edit: Can you ticktock you eating a bus, or YouTube, twitch live screen. I would very much enjoy indulging in your fantasy.
Roch2001Feb 11, 2023 1:05 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 11, 2023 4:59 PM
Jul 2020
Tomo: You're welcome to call me "One-san" if you want.
me: YES, ONE-SAN! <3

OUCH... Carole flexing so hard. Am I only one who didn't like 'girly' outfit Tomo?

Second part:
Did i said i love Misuzu and Carole synergy?

Daaaamn! That neck crack in fire-up modo O_O THATS the Tomo-chan i love! 🥰

Jun protecting Tomo fired up her even more, but our tomboy proving she has 9001 IQ.... almost xD
Feb 11, 2023 6:46 PM
Feb 2021
Happy Birthday to Tomo! Not going to lie, they made Tomo look like more girly than ever with the long hair, dress, make up, etc. Their date is kinda amusing, but it looks like Tomo was too embarassed of herself. This was still a memorable birthday for Tomo thanks to her friends though.

The volleyball game was priceless to watch. Tomo played with a burning passion in her eyes. TETAS mamasoyfamoso

Feb 11, 2023 10:57 PM
Jan 2021
so wholesome, incredible
Feb 12, 2023 6:00 AM

Nov 2013
I'd love a gold bar as a present on my birthday too.
Feb 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Mar 2010
Jun getting out due to protecting tomo make sense lol. fun episode.
Feb 12, 2023 7:48 AM
May 2022
I loved seeing Tomo in the feminine dress, her skirt was really well-drawn and pretty. This episode goes a bit deeper on the past relationship between Tomo and Jun, I'm intrigued to see more explanations about how they were in the past.

The anime deserves the good rating it has, it definitely stands out among the other animes this season.
Feb 12, 2023 7:49 AM

Sep 2017
So far this show has not disappointed with the comedy. You just never know with these dumb romcoms but this one is a winner for me. The dodgeball match versus the giant idiot has me thinking of spy family lol.
Feb 12, 2023 12:28 PM

Jan 2022
Wow not even Jun recognized his best friend Tomo. That was hilarious. The dodge ball game was also awesome and really funny. Considering how broke I am, I need a friend like Carol. Overall a great episode.
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 12, 2023 2:24 PM

May 2021
Misuzu is blessing us with a new hairstyle every episode, we don't deserve her
Feb 12, 2023 9:51 PM
Oct 2019
Carol carrying Gold Bar LMAO

Tomo looks so beautiful, Jun can't even recognize her at all or maybe he just dumb lol
Feb 13, 2023 10:12 AM
Aug 2022
I love this Anime. Totally my Humor couldnt stop laughing. The Show has in generell the normal scheme for a romcom, but it breaks it at some good points.
Feb 14, 2023 9:37 AM

Aug 2019
I love this anime so much <3 lol at her completely forgetting about the ice cream and running off to get some more. She looked pretty in that skirt >w<

The dodgeball was also pretty fun too! :D
Feb 14, 2023 1:55 PM

Jun 2019
It was Tomo's birthday and she was looking really pretty in her girly clothes and on top of that, Carol's birthday present was so freaking funny. A damn Gold bar. And, the dodgeball competition was pretty cool as well.
Feb 14, 2023 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Tomo's birthday present, a pair of sunglasses, and now she feels like a boss for being a few months older lols both Jun and Misuzu are getting tired of the same joke every year
Misuzu's present seems to be school books, very exciting
meanwhile, as expected of best girl, literally offering a big gold bar, and saying the biggest one was too heavy for her LOL come on now HAHAHA
Misuzu planning to use Carol's money to change Tomo, what will come from this idea?

for starters, the skirt and the wig... and some make up
funnily enough, Tomo teasing Misuzu "if i use make up can i be as pretty as you?" made Misuzu leave the room :D Carol is ready tho, with tons of weapons in each finger

the result, a very different person (as expected of make up and dressing...), now she just needs to talk differently too
next, the door was closed, and off Tomo goes to show off her different attire to the world, good luck

all the boys were looking at her, including Jun, who couldn't believe what he just saw
trying to get out of there as fast as possible, but as they say, "hurry is contrary to perfection" or "the faster, the slower" ... and with that fall, she actually lost a ton of time lol

spending some time together, Jun thinks it's a different girl, she is taller now (i wonder why, not cause of her heels ...), and he ended up calling her pretty... she is gonna die today lols

next, they watch a football game with kids, and there's a girl who stands out, and she even goes well with that boy... just like Tomo and Jun, would be nice if they were a couple in the future
Jun told her about him and his friend Tomo ... but she had to leave cause the ice cream was melting lols baka Tomo
arriving at the house, Tomo found them decorating the room for her birthday
while eating cake she told them about meeting Jun but didnt say anything about him not recognising her lols
next day, Jun touching her cheeks, and a punch that can only come from Tomo, he is used to them

time for some dodgeball practice and she is trying to kill the girls lmao getting her on the man's team is a good idea

the opponents thought it would be easy to play vs a girl, but they got scared as soon as they saw her lols well easy match...

next, Misaki senpai's turn, and for him it's safety above all else ... if it's too much, better give up
but he was put down instantly ... easy haha
in the last round, the gorilla, the strongest boy in the school, and our duo wants to fught him, can't end the year without trying it

Carol and Misuzu together as usual, and Misuzu can't take any special sentence without running away lol "we're together a lot" is more than enough to scare her out

gorilla senpai calling Tomo, the ace of the karate team, a fragile girl LOL
if gorilla wins, Jun must join the judo club, MOU IPPON!

Tanabe was going to impress Misuzu, but his distraction cost him his life... and Misuzu wasn't even looking, rip
the 2 other guys lost too, gorilla enjoys hurting people
next target is Tomo, but Jun saved her, the usual dramatic scene lol the other 2 girls were not amused
Tomo revenge will be her's (my own genshin reference lols)
(now will she hit or will it be a spy family shot?)
well, she missed on purpose, but Jun was behind the gorilla lols not that i remember the rules but wtf just happened? ...

after the match, Tomo was talking about how fun it is to team up with Jun, she just wants to keep this relationship going

gorilla called Jun for some fighting, and Jun beats him almost as many times as he lost on his own sport, that's kinda humiliating lol

after all these years, Jun is still chasing after Tomo's back, even if she is not as big anymore
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 15, 2023 9:49 AM
Jun 2020
I really liked this episode! Though I especially would've liked seeing particular scenes from the manga, such as when Tomo talked with the gym teacher. I really liked that scene in particular because it really emphasized just how nice of a person Tomo is, and just how pure hearted she is. I also would've really liked seeing how the volleyball scenes unfolded, but I understand that due to time constraints, they had to cut some content out. But overall, I really liked this episode !

OH AND I LOVED THE SUNGLASSES 😂 TOMO LOOKED LIKE SUCH A MIDDLE AGED DAD IN THOSE GLASSES. she's literally so iconic and there's so many scenes that keep reminding me why she's my favorite character
Feb 15, 2023 6:51 PM
Jul 2022
I really enjoyed the makeover! I don’t know if it’s just me, but Carol Olston reminds me of Shampoo from Ranma 1/2. I totally love her voice! The anime as a whole is amazing so far😀
Feb 16, 2023 9:11 AM

Nov 2020
I really loved the transformation they did with Tomo, although I don't deny that she looks like one of the Overflow stars.lol
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Feb 16, 2023 5:39 PM

Oct 2017
omg this is cute asf.
Feb 16, 2023 5:53 PM

Feb 2019
jeez, Jun, make up your mind. i mean, i think you know already what you want out of your relationship with Tomo, but you're too afraid to come out and say it or admit it.
Feb 18, 2023 1:47 PM

Feb 2018
Was interesting see Tomo getting that dress up after her birthday.
Makes sense that Junichirou wouldn't recognise her, although he almost got it.
Having them on the same team for the event showed how good they are together in competitive play.
Forgot if that is something we will see of more down the line.
Feb 20, 2023 3:32 AM

Mar 2008
Whew that felt weird seeing Tomo-chan looking more feminine in earlier part of the ep.

Where is my gold bar for my b day? Come on now....

Ah I kinda get how Jun feels wanting to be more like someone you care about is a feeling
Feb 21, 2023 6:55 AM
Nov 2021
Decent at best.... I liked the first part, but the volleyball match was plain boring in my opinion....
I want more Misuzu and Carol :<
3/5
Mar 4, 2023 7:53 AM
Jan 2021
i really enjoyed it
Mar 4, 2023 10:32 AM

Feb 2012
Of course, the dodgeball tournament has a school student who looks twice the age of his schoolmates (*cough* spy x family)

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 5, 2023 5:43 PM
Sep 2020
Ahh they did such a good job with the dodgeball tournament ! >u<

Not only was the animations really smooth, but the art itself also looked great. Hands down my favorite scene ^^. Also the scene with Tomo getting dressed up was also really wholesome and cute! Ahh such a good ep this week !
**✿❀(≧◡≦)❀✿**
Mar 11, 2023 4:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tomo ""crossdressing"" as a girl and Jun didn't realize that was pretty fun, the sports part as well they definitely rely on each other in most situations that's cute
Mar 11, 2023 9:01 PM
Jan 2023
Que sensação estranha, esportes em equipe. Enfim, fantasia e competições, esportes e aniversário.
Apr 5, 2023 3:07 AM

Sep 2012
Ashhk said:
Tomo ""crossdressing"" as a girl and Jun didn't realize that was pretty fun, the sports part as well they definitely rely on each other in most situations that's cute
if girl decides to try girly stuff that's not crossdressing's lol 

crossdressing is dressing as opposite gender and trying to pass as opposite gender 
Apr 5, 2023 3:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sugram22 said:
Ashhk said:
if girl decides to try girly stuff that's not crossdressing's lol 

crossdressing is dressing as opposite gender and trying to pass as opposite gender 
I know obviously that's why it's funny in the story since it's not supposed to be like that
Apr 11, 2023 8:43 AM

Oct 2022
Tomo looks so good in her fully girly fit for real need her to do it more often and get Jun blushing and questioning everything. Honestly I like Carol she's like airheaded but in such a funny and cute way. When she gifted Tomo a lump of gold I laughed so hard. 
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 25, 2023 10:13 PM
Jun 2013
dam how rich is this girl to give a gold bar for a bday gift. wow tomo looks completely different in that dress. Watching the girls scatter away in fear of tomo was funny and it looked like she wouldve took some girls head off with that throw. what an overdramatic game of dodgeball also loved how flat it ended with a wimpy throw.
Apr 30, 2023 5:13 AM
Sep 2018
so fucking funny and the tomo dressing as a real girl was so fucking funny
Aug 5, 2023 12:00 PM
Oct 2021
now hes thinking with portals
Aug 7, 2023 7:42 AM

Jun 2021
glad to see her birthday, but those glasses for me look bad on her. But the transformation including a wig worked better than expected. Tomo, what did you expect after dressing up? To be fair, they are actually right in convincing you to go out and see the results.

Jun can be dense... "she isn't Tomo, Tomo is a little shorter" but he can't have not noticed she's wearing short heels. But after watching the most overrated sport in history, she almost betrayed herself with her reactions, including returning to Carol and Misuzu a little too soon and being spoiled on her own cake and party. Really nice first half overall.

Oh no, again, as Tomo herself lampshades. Too strong for the girls-only karate club, now more of the same with dodgeball. They won, but not how i expected. Some development for Jun coming soon?
Sep 15, 2023 9:16 AM
Aug 2020
This is a surprisingly good show I wish they didn't kill off my favorite site so I could've watched it before but what can you do about that?

Not that I advocate for piracy but there are more anime out there I want to watch neither a Netflix nor Crunchyroll subscription can satisfy.

I used to pirate games too but to day I would install a key logger to my PC myself before I download an illegal copy and that is because Steam exist. I need a Steam for Anime. Sorry about the irrelevant topic I won't begrudge you if you think this doesn't belong here.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would this show be better without Carol?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 21

38 by Shinn_Asuka »»
May 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

158 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2023

206 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2023

331 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

177 by Tishi_Wishi »»
Apr 21, 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.