Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2023 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, the first few minutes of this episode were intense. Seriously, after all these years, Trigun makes a comeback in an epic fashion. The animation style doesn't bother me at all.

Seeing that WANTED poster of Vash gave me nostalgia.

Not bad for the first episode. It set up for the setting and intro to the world fiction of Trigun, while also introducing Vash to the audience. Hoping for the best for rest of the season.
Jan 7, 2023 6:45 AM

May 2020
Now I’m sure this is not a sequel because it won’t make sense that way, because we already are missing a few characters from the OG, heck even the old characters are in some different profession and one shouldn’t forget about a new character, this beardy old man. So a standalone.

We started with some familiar way, Rem letting Vash and Knives escape out of the ship and thus sacrificing herself in the process. It’s the same July city with the same ol’ familiar man having blonde but not spiky hairs with the ever so famous title of Vash the Stampede, Humanoid typhoon on his head. Now the thing is the duo of Meryl who’s obviously in a different profession this time around and the old man found out about Vash’s real identity real quick, like it didn’t even take five minutes into the episode. So there goes the fun we had back in the original.

Vash without his silver revolver did blast the falling missiles, like he used to, the badass way but still… anyways for the first episode it was decent enough. CGI may take time to get used too but it’s good enough, actually. Atleast for me. Also a glimpse of Knives in the end.
Jan 7, 2023 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Trigun: Stampede is its answer to FMA: Brotherhood: giving its original series a retelling, but in well-known 3DCG studio Orange's format that looks almost like a Disney film.

It's perfectly watchable as a standalone even if you didn't watch Madhouse's 1998 original, though that comes recommended as well.

Kvi Baba's OP is great, pumping beats.

Vash the Stampede is back in his staunch pacifist style, with a massive $6 million bounty on his head. From his origins as a kid from outer space and saved from destruction with his brother Nai that gives off the entire Star Wars feel, it's majestic. Meryl Stryfe (which she is the series's regular reporter but "downgraded" into a young adult), together with her senior Roberto, searches in vain for the next story, only to find the Humanoid Typhoon tied and hung upside down by the Bad Lads Gang, and then chased by the JuLai military police in search of him. Meryl is the same but wanting to get the inside scoop about him, in Noman's Land.

In vain of resources, heading to Jereora Rock in search of answers, Vash leads them to this "Plant" of biological generators that are also part of Lost Technology, they are the lifeblood of the town. Roberto setting on a duel with Vash vs. the military police in the form of its eccentric Captain to fire a cluster bomb into the sky, where Vash takes all of them out with a single round of .22 caliber bullet. But the stark truth is that his brother Nai a.k.a Millions Knives instigated the destruction that lost their caretaker Rem in the process, and the retrieval's on the loose.

I've gotta say: when it comes to Orange and their 3DCG, it feels like there've been constant improvements since Beastars, and this is yet another majestic showing from the studio. This is one HOTLY anticipated show worth the hype.
KANLen09Jan 12, 2023 1:57 PM
Jan 7, 2023 8:11 AM
Dec 2020
star wars looks weird
Jan 7, 2023 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
Okay so, the first few minutes were very... weird? I mean they barely conveyed anything especially to new people it doesn't establish much in terms of the narrative of knives damning humanity to the desert planet and it wastes a lot of time on some space escape sequence... very odd choice.

then Vash hanging upside down alongside corpses... odd again but fine.

then a small sequence about how he saved the town then fight and the "oopsie no bullets XD" which I didn't really like?

I miss the old look, for this episode I'd give it 4.5/10.
Jan 7, 2023 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
the 3DCG is so smooth or fluid its not the usual limited frame rate seen on other cel shaded 3DCG anime

i already forgot the story of the original but this reboot shows that it centers the story around so called PLANT that acts like a Replicator or Molecular Assembler to make anything out of waste products for example?

Jan 7, 2023 8:55 AM

Apr 2020
This looks absolutely horrid. The over-exaggerated movement on the characters is jarring, and the general quality of the models is just bad. Awful start.
I have committed war crimes in Yugoslavia
Jan 7, 2023 8:56 AM
Jan 2017
Another way to destroy a great anime with new trash version. I only wish It gets better. The original was so epic....
Jan 7, 2023 9:01 AM
Sep 2015
Never read or watch any Tri-Gun before, I hope this anime will be a nice introduction to the franchise.
Jan 7, 2023 9:01 AM
May 2021
wow ep 1 was dam good. Let's see how this reboot version goes 🔥. And that ed theme at end sheesh 🔥
Jan 7, 2023 9:03 AM

Jul 2021
May have lost the nostalgia factor for me but it is what it is. However, I kinda like the story's direction and I'm already used to this kind of CGI like similarly that had happened with Houseki No Kuni. Funny how this had a better premiering than some stuff releasing today, it's somewhat refreshing to see a retelling of this. The OST is pretty great too especially the duel scene.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 7, 2023 9:05 AM

Jan 2014
God damn I knew Studio Orange was the best CGI studio, but WOW that CGI is really fucking good.

Already way better than the original Trigun. Can't wait for more !
Jan 7, 2023 9:11 AM

May 2016
this is terrible lol. what are people talking about. his face is hideous looking. you guys on copium?
borderline ex arms
Jan 7, 2023 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
"BOO! Did I scare you, anime fans? I'm CGI!"

Anime fans have been practically programmed at this point to automatically disregard anything that's CGI as trash, so obviously Trigun's all-CGI return will be controversial for some, but the CGI looks fine bruh. People over-exaggerate and act like every CGI anime (or even 2D anime that use CGI for certain moments, like Chainsaw Man) is the next coming of Hand Shakers or Ex-Arm.

Anyway, a pretty good start for Trigun and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

EDIT: Since I've never actually watched Ex-Arm, I picked a random episode, skipped several minutes in, and checked out some of it.......LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO if anyone says this is even remotely close to "Ex-Arm quality," you're an unserious person who needs to schedule an eye appointment ASAP. The CGI quality in this is leagues ahead of that visual abomination 💀💀💀
thebrentinator24Jan 7, 2023 9:19 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 7, 2023 9:12 AM

Dec 2022
I love the CG. It reminds me of Treasure Planet and late western 2D animation, in a good way. Characters move in a super expressive way, especially Vash.

Jan 7, 2023 9:13 AM

May 2021
Gave it a proper chance but I can't get use to this CGI nonsense. It's basically an attempt to make it look like hand drawn animation so they don't have to pay attention to details and do a proper CGI but at the same time they don't want to invest effort or hire good artists to animate things properly. Summed up it's money-saving lazy, worst kind of ineptitude.

Story might be even good, in fact if the are following manga properly it most likely is, but "art" style is too much for me. I've seen stop motion movies with more expression and emotion in their characters.

Am sure this is going to be yet another 10/10 MAL rated reinterpretation of old show as those things always end up highly rated even though quality has dropped considerably in recent years. Simply put am dropping it after first episode and pretending it never happened. In fact, I'll go rewatch original again. To all of you who will watch this until the end, good luck.

Mod Edit: removed a sentence
KayKimiiJan 13, 2023 6:59 PM
Jan 7, 2023 9:16 AM
Oct 2022
I love it and after the anime ends I will be buying the blu ray disk
Jan 7, 2023 9:17 AM
Oct 2016
Back into the world of Trigun! Vash has made is return after many years, its so cool being back with a character a hold in high regard. Trigun was one of the first anime i watched when i got back into anime some years ago. Its still one of my all time favorites to this day along with Vash being one of my favorite anime characters of all time. So to be back here is kind of surreal, im in awe of how good it feels being back. The aesthetic feels fresh but also familiar, the never ending desert mixed with steampunk scifi western visuals. Vash is his usual self, a goofball whom can turn serious when he needs to be. This premiere doesnt do too much but its a nice introduction back into the world and character. Starting off with the gut wrenching scene of Vash and Knives having to say goodbye to Rem. Sets the tone that while Vash is silly sometimes theres real emotion underneath. We see later when hes screaming for a bullet how Vash can go from hysterical yelling to super serious shooting. Dodging the police captains close range shots like its nothing. Really cool visuals and the animation for CG is mind blowing, what they can do with the 3D camera work and facial movements look very natural and not stiff like CG can be at times. Im very looking forward to how the show will handle things. 
Jan 7, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2021

thebrentinator24 said:

Anime fans have been practically programmed at this point to automatically disregard anything that's CGI as trash, so obviously Trigun's all-CGI return will be controversial for some, but the CGI looks fine bruh. People over-exaggerate and act like every CGI anime (or even 2D anime that use CGI for certain moments, like Chainsaw Man) is the next coming of Hand Shakers or Ex-Arm.

It's a foot in the door kind of act. You accept one "not so bad thing" and it keeps getting progressively worse. People are not against CGI as much as they are against lazy bad looking CGI. This one is not as bad as ex-arm, but it's an easy tell. Characters are lacking expressions, movement is stiff, etc. Problem is, it's a cheap way to cash in on old feelings as they are redoing, or adapting or whatever this is, old show which has many fans. Had this been a new anime all together, I'd be fine with this CGI. But it's not.

It's also CGI that's made to look hand drawn, which makes it even worse because they are not going full on CGI because that would require a lot of details and work, but they are not going full hand drawn animation because that would require talent and money. So they are cheeping out while riding emotions of old and people keep justifying this with excuses such as yours.
Jan 7, 2023 9:20 AM
Oct 2016
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
this is terrible lol. what are people talking about. his face is hideous looking. you guys on copium?
borderline ex arms
bro what????? all you do is hate on anime, i never see you like the things you watch, youre sad
Jan 7, 2023 9:22 AM

May 2021
phantomfandom said:
Never read or watch any Tri-Gun before, I hope this anime will be a nice introduction to the franchise.
You hope current iteration of anime will be good introduction while at the same time not watching a show that has stood the test of time and is known to be good. There's something wrong in that way of thinking.
Jan 7, 2023 9:25 AM
Feb 2008
It seemed good? Vash seems like a nice guy like the original, and Meryl seems cool, and the events are cool, and the animation is good, seems good. Dunno if it's a remake or a sequel or just an alternate version of Trigun though yet.
Jan 7, 2023 9:25 AM
Nov 2017
This looks so bad....
voices seem to be disconected from facial animations, animation feels 1 fps, face expressions are so bad
Jan 7, 2023 9:26 AM

Dec 2008
Ugly animation 
Jan 7, 2023 9:30 AM
Sep 2012
Looks good so far, Studio Orange never disappoints. Feels good to see more Trigun.
Jan 7, 2023 9:31 AM
Dec 2020
if you're not a shounen fan
you wont like this....
Jan 7, 2023 9:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Full of action the first episode, and two blonde kids with opposite personality!!! kekeke

The worst, the animation quality and style!
Jan 7, 2023 9:37 AM

May 2016
Dukino said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
borderline ex arms
bro what????? all you do is hate on anime, i never see you like the things you watch, youre sad
You are talking about someone else since I do not.
you're sad.
Jan 7, 2023 9:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The people who say this CGI is close to Ex-arm are insane and delusional lmao.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
borderline ex arms

Ok you lost all credibility with the last few words

Jan 2017
This was quite a nice start to the new Trigun series. Obviously different from the original but it seems the personality of Vash is consistent in both versions of the show. Excited to see more.
Jan 7, 2023 9:39 AM
Nov 2018
Their facial expressions looks like I'm watching a Disney movie, very weird. Had to check again to see if this is really japanese
Jan 7, 2023 9:42 AM
Sep 2015
Ahhhh emotional people are the best! 
Jan 7, 2023 9:44 AM

Jun 2019
I haven't seen the original. So... nothing bothers me and I'm a huge fan of Studio Orange, so that's a cherry on top for me. I adore this animation so much. Some of the best if not the best 3DCG in anime. I also love Vash's personality. He seems very fun. The setting is very interesting and I'm already looking forward to more of it. I'm expecting greatness and also, I'll watch the original after this season just to see the differnence. Great start.
Jan 7, 2023 9:44 AM

Oct 2022
that heart punch of Rem dying in the first few minutes. I was not ready for that so soon.
Jan 7, 2023 9:50 AM
Sep 2015
BlackCicero said:
This was quite a nice start to the new Trigun series. Obviously different from the original but it seems the personality of Vash is consistent in both versions of the show. Excited to see more.
Wow! You are the 1st guy with a Vash picture or have Trigun as their favorites that is not salty. I hope a lot of Trigun fans are like you. Also hope that they know the past Trigun anime has a lot of fillers and the story will change a lot.
Jan 7, 2023 9:52 AM

Oct 2022
For me not a promising start for the anime: expected more for the music (like the original) and the plot seems predictable. Btw the 3D CGI i thought worst but the shown is watchable. For sure i will follow next episodes.

Jan 7, 2023 9:58 AM
Apr 2016
well, it is as bad as I feared.

The only good thing in this weird remake is the music, even though it has nothing to do with the universe and the old series, it still sounds pretty good.
Jan 7, 2023 10:01 AM

Mar 2019
I loved that first episode. Trigun/Trigun Maximum is my favorite manga, and seeing the series returning with a new plot will be a whole new experience for me. The animation was also GREAT, as expected from the Orange staff. CGI doesn't bother me when it's done right. Can''t wait for the next episode!

Btw I loved the cameos of some villains. I hope they show up too.

MarusaruMaiaJan 7, 2023 10:30 AM
Jan 7, 2023 10:02 AM
Oct 2021
Just geting to see the humanoid typhon in action again was the best feeling i have had in a while
Jan 7, 2023 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Solid start, one of the best this season so far. Production is really good, as expected of Orange. They did a great job. Even though it's 3dcgi it looks great. The backgrounds, visuals, character designs, movements were all really good. Setting is really interesting and I like Vash. I always wanted to watch the OG Trigun but never ended up watching it so as a guy new to this franchise I'm really excited for upcoming episodes.
MegamiRemJan 9, 2023 11:47 AM
Jan 7, 2023 10:05 AM

Jul 2022
Fabulous, excellent, wonderful. All the good words and emotions. Solid 1st ep and excellent CGI.
Very well done - hope the rest is as good.
Jan 7, 2023 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
George_Alfaruq said:
BlackCicero said:
Wow! You are the 1st guy with a Vash picture or have Trigun as their favorites that is not salty. I hope a lot of Trigun fans are like you. Also hope that they know the past Trigun anime has a lot of fillers and the story will change a lot.
The only thing I still haven't fully warmed up to, is the new design for Vash but I'm just extremely biased towards the original in that regard. Everything else has been nice so far and if the show is going to be 3DCG, there aren't many better candidates than Studio Orange to do it.
Jan 7, 2023 10:16 AM

Dec 2010
Zoomer Trigun looking real zoom-zoom here.
Honestly, this doesn't seem like Trigun at all whatsoever.
Jan 7, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2017
As I expected, I'm not really sold on this remake, retelling or whatever it wants to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who think the original was the second coming of Christ and because of that this version is shit. I think the original was fine, but in the end it was just another show I watched.

My big problem with the show is not that, the CG itself is bad, because it isn't. It blends well with the backgrounds and doesn't stand out too much. If you'd show me a screenshot I'd say it looks fine. No, my problem is that the movement just really doesn't work. And I honestly don't really know why exactly that is. Watching it feels really choppy, almost as if some frames are missing, even though it probably has the same framerate as every other anime out there. Maybe it is because everything is moving, even when nothing is going on, which is something I'm not used to from the usual anime? The fine movements in the characters' details that seem distracting at points? I really don't know, but just personally I don't like it.

The story is about what I came to expect from Trigun; having watched the original it will probably be similar to the second half of that. Though I have to admit, I'm not sure why they decided to start off with the backstory. I liked from the original that it was mysterious about where everyone came from and what was up with Vash, now half of that was just thrown out there and to everyone who doesn't know the story it is just meaningless. Or at least that's how it seems to me. But to be fair, I don't know the source material, so there is a good chance this is actually faithful to that.
Jan 7, 2023 10:28 AM
Sep 2015
BlackCicero said:
George_Alfaruq said:
The only thing I still haven't fully warmed up to, is the new design for Vash but I'm just extremely biased towards the original in that regard. Everything else has been nice so far and if the show is going to be 3DCG, there aren't many better candidates than Studio Orange to do it.

The only thing I think that doesn't fit the character is the Kirito voice. If you ask me what I prefer, I don't really know myself but the voice feels just kinda off. That's just my opinion.
Jan 7, 2023 10:29 AM
Apr 2022
It reminds me of star wars
Jan 7, 2023 10:31 AM

Sep 2018
Not sure if I’m riding off the high of being a hardcore Trigun fan and getting more content after awhile or that was just super cool! Animation is incredible! It’s different, but has the spirit of the original manga. Excited to see more.
Jan 7, 2023 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
There are some good things here, I'll try to enjoy this as a separate alternative version.

While i enjoyed some things here i didn't like how they made Vash look like a real coward instead of being just an "Act/Faking it" like the original.
Jan 7, 2023 10:39 AM
Sep 2020
MeanEYE said:

thebrentinator24 said:

It's a foot in the door kind of act. You accept one "not so bad thing" and it keeps getting progressively worse. People are not against CGI as much as they are against lazy bad looking CGI. This one is not as bad as ex-arm, but it's an easy tell. Characters are lacking expressions, movement is stiff, etc. Problem is, it's a cheap way to cash in on old feelings as they are redoing, or adapting or whatever this is, old show which has many fans. Had this been a new anime all together, I'd be fine with this CGI. But it's not.

It's also CGI that's made to look hand drawn, which makes it even worse because they are not going full on CGI because that would require a lot of details and work, but they are not going full hand drawn animation because that would require talent and money. So they are cheeping out while riding emotions of old and people keep justifying this with excuses such as yours.

you are aware cgi is more expensive than 2d animation right? you have to 3d model every character including background characters and then animate them in this high quality. 3d animators are properly respected so they are pretty much the only japanese animators that get paid properly, add all of this up and it's a lot more expensive than 2d animation
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

209 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 8, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

154 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

126 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

64 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 6, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

78 by SouthRzVa »»
Feb 23, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.