Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
RIP. That funeral hit hard.

This shortforward episode really showed how much Nagomi changed since the the beginning. This was like a revenge arc for her since Ranko's death.  What I didn't expect is an maid-idol performance on stage on the finale? For once, we got an episode that isn't just about violence even though the episode still had some headshots lol

What an ending :o. One of the strangest anime I've seen from PA Works in years.
Dec 22, 2022 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like the little hope I had about Ranko being alive is also gone. She's gone and there's nothing anyone doing about that besides Nagomi who wants to avenge Ranko. Ranko's death is really affecting the poor girl. I feel her.

But, then her maid cafe joined her as well but with a different approach this time around. And, that ending was very brutal. Never thought this show could become this emotional. I teared up at the end. RIP. And, this show was fricking amazing. I'm gonna miss all the characters and this show.
Dec 22, 2022 7:29 AM

Feb 2014
That's quite an abrupt ending. But I like it hahaha.
Dec 22, 2022 7:31 AM

Apr 2014
Nagomi, you're a legend. This is what a maid should truly be, not a mafia gangster in disguise. Gladfully, Nagi the mad is dead. Now, it's time for a new era, the era of the true maid. 

hehe... this is quite familiar, isn't it? Cygames?

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 22, 2022 7:46 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was so crazy, the end had me so shocked that I was wondering if there was something more to be seen. I really liked this show, was funny and just strikingly different from other shows Ive come across. Could'nt predict that end even if I wanted to.
Dec 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
I did not expect to end with an idol song that's actually related to Ranko and Uzuko with Nagomi performing infront of the creatures knowing she's gonna die anytime. I thought she was going to beat Chisato's kill count at the final episode but atleast she was able to fire a few shots herself.

The best part is the ED song being sung by Nagomi herself along with the post credit scene with the timeskip. Sucks that she couldn't walk anymore as ended up on a wheelchair but got the new Ton Tokoton up.

Very unexpected ending on my part, sure this is not Lycoris Recoil but my 9/10 score stands.
Dec 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Feb 2020
Good finale??? I don't know bruh.
This show is so weird lmao.
7/10.
Dec 22, 2022 8:06 AM
Jul 2022
I did not expect how it would end. The funeral was all sad and I didn't like how Nagomi was acting. I was thinking she was going to kill the person who killed Ranko, but she didn't. I really thought Nagomi died at the very end. but I'm happy to see that she is still alive, but handicap. It sucked to see the Raman guy die. He didn't deserve it at all.
Dec 22, 2022 8:06 AM
Jul 2022
TovarishTony said:
I did not expect to end with an idol song that's actually related to Ranko and Uzuko with Nagomi performing infront of the creatures knowing she's gonna die anytime. I thought she was going to beat Chisato's kill count at the final episode but atleast she was able to fire a few shots herself.

The best part is the ED song being sung by Nagomi herself along with the post credit scene with the timeskip. Sucks that she couldn't walk anymore as ended up on a wheelchair but got the new Ton Tokoton up.

Very unexpected ending on my part, sure this is not Lycoris Recoil but my 9/10 score stands.

I love how Nagomi sang the ending theme
Dec 22, 2022 8:07 AM
Sep 2021
I know that some people will be disappointed with the ending, because they wanted Nagomi to go on a killing spree.
I knew that wasn't going to happen but I am not disappointed.
I actually had feeling the show would end like this.
Nagomi going on a killing spree wouldn't make much sense considering Ranko's character development and Nerula's arc.

I also thought the entire time since last episode, that the pink haired maid will be the one to kill Nagi.
I was right.

I also thought, that if it wont be her, it will be Okachimachi (panda girl) to kill her.
Funny because both kinda did it.
Dec 22, 2022 8:22 AM
Oct 2018
plot armor option:
1. ranko. NO
2. nagomi, YES

"what a joke", 6/10..
Dec 22, 2022 8:24 AM
Mar 2019
Was it bad? No
Was it amazing like the other episodes? Also no

It was an OK ending that was a little bit rushed. I think it needed at least an extra 10 minutes.

Considering how shocking the ending of the previous episode was, this one was kinda weak.
Dec 22, 2022 8:26 AM

Jul 2021
6/10
was fun at the beginning, meh at the end
Nagomi should have died (insane level of plot armor)
one of the most mediocre PA works show in recent years
Dec 22, 2022 8:30 AM
Nov 2019
the same maid that kills off ranko had a change of heart in the end ! The last episode is super cool ! and totally unexpected.
Dec 22, 2022 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Very abrupt and anti-climatic ending to Akiba Maid wars. However it went out in the style as the show was as a whole A hilarious shit show. Definitly some closure for Rankos death. But still kind of upsetting her killer was the one who ended Uzuko...it made sense but when Okamachi threw the Bamboo spear I was fucking crying. A good ending.

It's rare I give an anime a round number but I feel it deserves an 8/10

Plot armor for Nagomi was wack but seeing her at 36 in a wheelchair was kinda cool. 
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 22, 2022 8:36 AM
Oct 2018
SusFishEnjyoer said:
I know that some people will be disappointed with the ending, because they wanted Nagomi to go on a killing spree.
Nagomi going on a killing spree wouldn't make much sense considering Ranko's character development and Nerula's arc.

I also thought the entire time since last episode, that the pink haired maid will be the one to kill Nagi.
I was right.

I also thought, that if it wont be her, it will be Okachimachi (panda girl) to kill her.
Funny because both kinda did it.
if they make an ending that nagomi get their hearts except that b1tch uzuko and nagomi dies, then 2 maids shot uzuko after that, it still nice ending!. BUT THEY PUT PLOT ARMOR ON NAGOMI > RANKO, ULTIMATE MEH AND WHY for me!

if they wont to put plot armor for ranko then don't put plot armor to nagomi too!
Luthfi_Dec 22, 2022 8:39 AM
Dec 22, 2022 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
My favorite historical anime. I always wanted to learn about how maid culture as we know it today came to be and how it was back in the days.

8/10 instead of 8,5 because no closure for Tenshou. Sadly, no post credit scene of her living the good life in Hawaii.

SusFishEnjyoer said:

Good thing this ain't wish fulfillment pandering to edgelords. Black pork was still pretty badass xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 22, 2022 8:39 AM

Oct 2017
That was one crazy finale, atleast Nagomi survived. With their sacrifice Akiba is what it is today.

This was one heck of a crazy anime. Really loved Ranko, waifu of the season for me. It really sucks that she died.
Dec 22, 2022 8:40 AM

May 2020
Just shock factor.. failed miserably last time around and unfortunately didn't work thus time around as well. Wouldn't have killed Ranko to begin with.
Dec 22, 2022 8:50 AM
Sep 2021
Nice ending, nagomi has successfully brought peace to Akiba and defined what being a maid is.
I give it 5/10.
Dec 22, 2022 9:04 AM

Apr 2014

The show was great. Just expected something different for the ending, but well, at least it had a conclusion. 
Dec 22, 2022 9:06 AM
Jan 2020
legendary show all the way throughout
Dec 22, 2022 9:07 AM

Apr 2018
Satisfying ending.
Dec 22, 2022 9:09 AM
Apr 2021
The previous episode was unexpected, but I think the plot is going in the right direction. The way Nagomi planned her revenge was flawless, and I predict that the viewer will shed a tear.

Well, thank to Nerula and Ranko, Nagomi choose the right way in the latest episode.

Thank you for the fantastic anime for the fall season in 2022 ♥️
Dec 22, 2022 9:11 AM

Dec 2008
What an experience this show was. Totally off the wall and in a league of its own. I will definitely miss the Oinky Doink girls (and panda). Maybe they should make a prequel series about Ranko: The early years. 
May the Uguu be with you.

Dec 22, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
Well, the OP's subversion lols, that got me.

The final draw of an all-out war, Ranko's death was certainly a cop out that left Nagomi with no choice but to scout her killer: Uzuko, the former maid of Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam, having a beef with Ranko having gained Michiyo's trust, only to kill them both and ultimately leaving her alone. The maid that was once against violence, is now FOR violence for revenge against Creatureland for Ranko's death, plus Nerula's death which she didn't deserve to die.

Nagomi thinking that she could spring a war, and that's exactly what Nagi (now known as Uzuko) was thinking for a final showdown. Though how the war turned out...I for sure wasn't thinking that they would service it in the form of the actual maid service as they would for regular customers, and an idol-like performance...that just defied all reason and logic with Nagomi getting shot and still being able to move around like it's nothing. But where Nagomi wasn't expected to survive, getting shot by the pink-haired maid and Okachimachi throwing a bamboo spear for a double whammy, what a crazy ending.

Also, Nagomi taking Ranko's place for the final ED, it is fitting.

The staff at P.A. Works must be trippin' us with Ya Boy Kongming!, and now this show. Truly the definition of crazily weird and wild.
Dec 22, 2022 9:36 AM
May 2020
Number two of the season for me. Moe Moe Kyun
Perhaps in the top ten for the oink year.
Dec 22, 2022 9:39 AM
Oct 2022
Well Good ending but anime show was strange?? I think likes it pretty cool. 6/10
Dec 22, 2022 9:45 AM

Mar 2013
So that's how akiba becomed what it is today , that's so amazing!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 22, 2022 9:47 AM

Apr 2012
okay, P.A. Works did it again like it was with Paripi Koumei. Most enjoyable anime of this season.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Dec 22, 2022 9:49 AM

Jan 2013

Anime of the Year. No further arguments.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 22, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
As I expected, Pink Haired maid acted on her own volition. And she even offed Nagi herself, ultimately breaking the chain of violence.
I knew she is underrated and a sleeper agent.

Dec 22, 2022 9:59 AM

Aug 2018
They pulled on my dick for 12 episodes?
For this?

1/10
Dec 22, 2022 9:59 AM
Oct 2014
The show was very enjoyable. Sure, the story wasnt the most coherent I've seen, but we got something really unique in the end. 
Dec 22, 2022 10:04 AM

Jun 2017
I'll miss this show, it was a lot of fun. Ranko and the manager especially, I love them.
Signature.
Dec 22, 2022 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
The ending was shit, not because of what happened but with how fast it did.

Just like the Creatures were saying, this shouldnt be so rushed. One more ep would have been perfect.

Stallone Nogami and the random photos of Ranko in her funeral and whenever they thought about her ruined any pain I could feel for her death. 

Serves you right, Nagi, f** you.

Dec 22, 2022 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
It's weird. As much as I liked the show, do feel the ending was a bit less enjoyable then the whole concept. It's a surprise, but still. Certainly a very good and entertaining show otherwise.
Dec 22, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2020
Incredibly fun every second from the start and all the way to the end. Not gonna be nitpicking here, it wasn't perfect, the ending could've been better, but I give this show a 9. My fav from this season
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 AM
Apr 2021
This is not an anime. This is an experience
Dec 22, 2022 10:22 AM

Aug 2019
first time in a while I sat waiting for the episode to be available, but man this was quite the enjoyable show for me; might have to let this show marinate for a bit to decide how I really want to rate it because it’s swaying between a 7 and 8

I also really enjoyed the alternative version to the ED

also was nice seeing them reference some of their past work in the ads at the end
snowykevinDec 22, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 22, 2022 10:28 AM
Dec 2015
nice work.. out of the box concept. yakuza maid cosplay 9/10
Dec 22, 2022 10:31 AM
Aug 2018
What a oinking bloody opera. By the credits I was aghast that there was no conclusion, even with the stinger, though wholesome, I'm still left wanting more. I want to see where the whole cast are after the gunsmoke settled. I enjoyed the stay at Oinky Doink Cafe. o7
Jun 2021
Luthfi_ said:
plot armor option:
1. ranko. NO
2. nagomi, YES

"what a joke", 6/10..

I dont think being crippled counts as plot armor
May 2017
10/10 until the episode 10, episode 11 1/10 for kill the best character and drop it all to the garbage, last episode 2/10 for ending abruptly and showing almost nothing, total 6/10
Dec 22, 2022 10:32 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't expect PA works to make a show that's even weirder than Paripi Koumei, and approximately as good in the same year...
Dec 22, 2022 10:35 AM
Mar 2018
For me, its the journey from beginning to end is what matters since it was such a fun time and I was always excited for the new episode every week. That being said, this episode did feel disappointing to me. The abrupt ending is unique enough but I would've liked to see more of the rest of the characters with how they would've responded with Nagomi getting shot other than just hearing them freak out. I would've liked some more closure with them since we only get to see Nagomi in the after credits scene. They all had important parts throughout the series but maybe I'm just biased since Yumechi is my favorite and wanted more of her. Oh well.
Dec 22, 2022 10:35 AM
Nov 2018
Never expected this show to just show up and become one of my favorites of all time, but here we are.
Dec 22, 2022 10:38 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Panda settling the score with Nagi in the most primitive but badass way. Glad Nagomi stick to her non-violent stance of changing Akiba maid scene through to the end albeit that cost her getting paralyzed waist down. There's alot to be desired but this is the ending I expected for an original plus 36 year old maid Nagomi was as cute as Ranko.

Haven't seen many anime this season, perhaps this year and went with this one randomly but damn I haven't been this excited watching a weekly show since Flip Flappers in 2016. 
Dec 22, 2022 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that moment when Nagomi's voice dropped! I knew something was up when she wasn't at the funeral with the others. I loved the picture of Ranko playing baseball, but umm, who took it?? Anyway, RIP Ranko, you'll always be the best girl.

I didn't know what to think when I saw Okachimachi sharpening that bamboo but she turned it into a spear! That was freaking badass.

Nagomi is officially the best performer ever for being able to continue singing and dancing after being shot. And, in the end, now Nagomi is the 36-year-old maid! Everything came full circle. She decorated her wheelchair wheels with old pictures of the Oinky Doink maids, what a nice touch. It's actually pretty wholesome to see a disabled maid continuing to work in the cafe.

It was definitely a rushed ending and I think the show should've had 13 episodes. I would've liked to see the aftermath of Uzuko's death. You hear those guys in the post-credits scene talking about how Akihabara "used to" be violent, so how did the maid wars end? Uzuko being killed was enough to make everyone stop fighting?

But I still loved the show and feel it was underrated. I'm really going to miss it.
Dec 22, 2022 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
Bro what the fuck. I am absolutely speechless. One of the most insane and balls to the walls finales I’ve seen. It’s so rare that an anime genuinely shocks me with plot twists and writing but Akiba maid managed to do just that and keep me on the edge of my seat throughout.

Ever since last week I’ve been a wreck about my baby ranko being gone and I was hoping there would be an asspull and she’d be still alive.. or that uzuko would have a change of heart, but nope. This bitch was legitimately pure evil. We don’t see that a lot in this medium. Usually even the most evil of villains will have some sort of redeemable qualities that make you emphasise with them, but nope.

Not only did she kill the woman who basically was her mother and raised her, then she kills her “sister” who she made a pact with. Then trying to kill Nagomi???? And the ramen guy??What a deplorable PoS. I thought the performance Nagomi gave would make her realise how awful the shit she’d done was, but she just doubled down on it.

Timeskip akiba looks way more peaceful and I’m glad the oinky doink is still alive and well, but seeing Nagomi paralysed from the waist down is really sad.

Even tho they did my baby ranko wrong, still top 3 shows this season for sure.

Also wtf the panda was a real person lmao??
Marinate1016Dec 22, 2022 10:57 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

120 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.