Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2022 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
Wow, a flashback for the Phantom Troupe at Meteor City! I have been wanting to see something like this for ages! It's interesting seeing Chrollo and the others so young and innocent, maybe we'll finally see how Chrollo really came to be how he is. It also looks like they may have more connection with the mafia than we originally thought.
Nov 18, 2022 10:19 AM

Apr 2019
This is what I’m talking about Togashi! Amazing first part to the Troupes flashback. Unreal Sheila is also in this knowing that she was from Kurapika’s backstory as well. Could switch to Meteor city present day at any time and show us some Gyro. Doubt it but would be a way to transition into it maybe at the end of the full flashback.

Nov 18, 2022 10:29 AM
Jan 2020
Peak chapter. Seeing the Phantom Troupe's childhood brings a tear to the eye.
Nov 18, 2022 10:49 AM
Mar 2020
I wonder what the deal is with togashi and vhs tapes...
Nov 18, 2022 10:54 AM

Nov 2016

Aaaaaaah this hurts like a mofo after my recent reread

Great chapter, can't wait for the next one

@Mei-o_Scarlett This is what the Kid Pirates flashback could've been like. W for Togashi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2022 11:02 AM

Nov 2020
hell yeah
spiders' backstory!!!
Nov 18, 2022 12:23 PM

Aug 2020
4/5

Togashi keeps outdoing himself every week since his grand return from the hiatus and this was perhaps the most unexpected content from this story arc so far. The questions we've been asking for years, Phantom Troupe's origin story is finally upon us and it seems like it's going to be a juicy one at that

We start off with Henrigh checking his cat cam for Hell-ly members and find out that they have been disappearing via a nen ability. Wang offers info to PT about their possible whereabouts and PT are more than happy to search forgot em. We get some great Nobunaga, Phinks and especially a menacing Feitan panel while they enter a suspected room. Nobu cuts through the wall, which promptly seemed like his nen ability but Togashi is still keeping his abilities under wraps for now. They seemingly find out their hideout but no one's there to be found. They scour around finding nothing of too importance
Nobu then claims, they remind him of themselves which I brought up in my last chapter review. Togashi is not being subtle about this at all. Phinks meanwhile, denounces that claim adding that they are not this blood-thirsty which perfectly segues to the Troupe backstory when Nobu exclaims that they too were once savages and searching for purpose in this twisted world

We get to see young troupe members enjoying themselves in this massive wasteland regardless of their condition. Makes you really wonder, what happened for them to turn so sour & cold against the world? We get to see young Uvo with Machi, Franklin, Chrollo and Shalnark playing around with this mysterious videotape which has been a subject of theories for more than a decade now. We also see young Phinks & Feitan, who look like the typical bully type. Chrollo, on the other hand, looks cheerful and full of life & excitement. He brings the tape over to young Pakunoda and my heart quickly sank. Seeing Paku & Chrollo interact was just so heartwarming considering what went down at the end of Yorknew arc. They are then joined by two other girls, one new and one we're very familiar with. Girl named Shields, who was briefly in the Kurapika flashback. They try to dub over the tape with their own voices while there is a group supposedly kidnapping young meteor city children.

There are lots of things to take from this chapter. Why did phantom troupe even formed? What incident occurred for them to have chosen the path of chaos? Shiela was the one who witnessed the kurta massacre, does she has something to do with it? Was she a PT member? Why did Kurta massacre occur in the first place? Was there something more than just the precious Kurta eyes? Did the massacre somehow coincided with these kidnappings of meteor city children? So many questions raised again after this one chapter

I'm very excited to witness the conclusion of this flashback. Togashi purposefully brought this up now and there are elements of it that might tie some hanging plot threads from wayyy back. Atleast, im hoping it does but man...another week another banger chapter. Togashi is on a roll rn
2Birds1StonedNov 26, 2022 12:38 PM
Nov 18, 2022 12:32 PM

May 2022
Great flashback. These new chapters just keep getting better and better.
Nov 18, 2022 12:43 PM
Apr 2016
Why that was unexpected ! More Phantom Troupe content is always welcome.
Nov 18, 2022 4:32 PM

Feb 2022
I loved this episode and how they talk about the past of most of the members of the Gen'ei Ryodan

But what I liked the most were the Chrollo scenes
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Nov 18, 2022 5:32 PM
Dec 2013
Wow. What a chapter. We're flashing back to when the Phantom Troupe were little kids in Meteor City. Nice to see Pakunoda and Uvogin again (though as kids), since they've been absent since Yorknew City arc since, you know, they're dead. And seeing Machi when she was a little girl. This flashback is going to be multiple chapters it seems. The Phantom Troupe are my favourite thing about HxH, so I'm going to love these next few chapters and learn more about the PT and how they got together.
wildhoodNov 19, 2022 8:58 AM
Nov 18, 2022 5:57 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

Aaaaaaah this hurts like a mofo after my recent reread

Great chapter, can't wait for the next one

@Mei-o_Scarlett This is what the Kid Pirates flashback could've been like. W for Togashi.

Kid pirates are important bro
Oda swears bro :worrycry:
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 18, 2022 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
Feitan bad boy 😂
Nov 18, 2022 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Perfect chapter as I have been craving for some Chrollo related material for YEARS... and a Phantom Troupe flashback while at that??? W chapter! 😍
Nov 18, 2022 6:58 PM

Aug 2021
The PT rocks as always, I hope Togashi pulls a Chapter Black in the next few chapters.
Nov 18, 2022 8:21 PM

Mar 2016
On one hand, I'm a bit mad that we're still presenting new characters and relationships. It feels like we haven't even finished the first act. On the other I love all the new characters and I want to see more of them.
eh, hago cosas en youtube. Si te pinta pasate www.youtube.com/c/verduritasparasopa
Nov 18, 2022 9:29 PM
May 2020
To think Chrollo was such a wholesome kid.. He really reminds me of younger Kurapika. They were both exceptionally smart for their age, and they were both fluent in many languages. The parallels are insane tbh. It's crazy to think that if this were a different world, perhaps they both would've been friends :(

Also child abductions? We're already getting pretty dark here. Classic Togashi, I'm looking forward to it ^^
Nov 18, 2022 9:39 PM
May 2020
fabrizioghobrini said:
Feitan bad boy 😂

I'm glad he realized the wonders of a hair straightener xd
Nov 19, 2022 2:14 AM
Mar 2021
Peak chapter, Togashi just can't stop winning
Nov 19, 2022 7:08 AM

Nov 2012
I'll be super disappointed if this ends up a normal flashback and there isn't some mindblowing reveal in store.
Meteor City has always striked me as very important, not solely for the Phantom Troupe, but also for the HxH's Universe.
Nov 19, 2022 7:39 AM
Jan 2019
I am not ready. the biggest plot twist could be that Sheila is Pariston and he manipulated the spiders, the masscre of Kurta clan and the hunter association omg I cannot imagine this. cannot wait for the next chapter, perhaps we will see what happened to turn them villains.
RomaysaNov 19, 2022 10:42 AM
Nov 19, 2022 10:02 AM

Oct 2007
Romaysa said:
I am not ready. the biggest plot twist could be that Sheila is Pariston and he manipulated the spiders, the masscre of Kurta clan and the hunter association omg I cannot imagine this. cannot wait for the next chapter, perhaps we will see what happened to urn them villains.

This looks to be headed down the cliche route of the villains aren't that bad and they had an ulterior motive for their actions but they are seen as bad because we don't have all the information.

Watch this turn out to be something like the kids were controlled or took on an assignment to get money and sell the eyes? Something will make Kurapikas want for revenge weaker. Hisoka will be on his own fighting the troupe afterwards? We'll see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2019
JudgeRuthless said:
Romaysa said:
I am not ready. the biggest plot twist could be that Sheila is Pariston and he manipulated the spiders, the masscre of Kurta clan and the hunter association omg I cannot imagine this. cannot wait for the next chapter, perhaps we will see what happened to urn them villains.

This looks to be headed down the cliche route of the villains aren't that bad and they had an ulterior motive for their actions but they are seen as bad because we don't have all the information.

Watch this turn out to be something like the kids were controlled or took on an assignment to get money and sell the eyes? Something will make Kurapikas want for revenge weaker. Hisoka will be on his own fighting the troupe afterwards? We'll see.

which cliche part do you mean? about the spiders or Sheila turning into Pariston? well I mean the spiders did it themselves they killed and it was stated in the anime but maybe there was a set up for both the spiders and the kurta clan. As for Pariston = Sheila, I hope it's not true otherwise we will witness another Muzan lol
Nov 19, 2022 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
Feral Machi
That is all
Nov 19, 2022 2:41 PM
Aug 2019
Great chapter, waiting for the full backstory of the spiders!!
Nov 19, 2022 3:36 PM
Feb 2014
Melhor mangá de todos.
Nov 19, 2022 3:54 PM
Nov 2016
This manga has been a complete shit show in this arc, it's bad but at least the Phantom Troupe are interesting so this chapter isn't THAT bad, I don't care about their backstories though, I want to see them in the present, not the past so it got kinda boring again with their backstories, at this point I just want this arc to go somewhere since it's taking forever to get anywhere, meh.

But yeah, at least the Phantom Troupe (in the present that is) made it a bit interesting, still meh though.
Nov 20, 2022 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Finally, Meteor city and Phantom Troupe backstory. It was about time to see what was going on there since we knew this place was shit. Hopefully, we will get to see the Kurta clan massacre and what led to it in the next few chapters.
Nov 20, 2022 7:28 AM
Jun 2021
Lets go waiting for the phantom troupe past from ages and is that the Sheila we see from the Kurapika one shot, it can have a connection to why they massacred the Kurta clan.
Nov 20, 2022 8:51 AM

Jun 2014
Some unexpected backstory on the Troupe, nice.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 20, 2022 9:24 AM
Oct 2020
great chapter. Loved the phantom troupe backstory. I wonder if anymore of them die?
Nov 20, 2022 9:39 AM

Jul 2022
Wow! Something I did NOT expect was backstory for the troupe this chapter!! Really unique and cute! It starts out roses and daisies but it's gonna go south very fast...

I like the direction things are going in the present, I think we're getting ever closer to a full out war. Things seem to be coming together somewhat. Char'R and Xi Yu underbosses have met to discuss the situation and the Troupe has made their way to the Heil'Ly hideout... After this flashback I think we're in for some big stuff.

Also we're halfway done with this batch of chapters! So sad already, but I don't think we will have to wait nearly as long for the next.

Nov 20, 2022 12:42 PM

May 2020
Anything related to troupe bound to be engaging. We've been through plenty of flashbacks in the past, but guess not even once something with their childhood, in this manner specifically.

Btw did Chrollo aspire to be a dub artist in the past? LOL.
Nov 20, 2022 1:43 PM
Jul 2015
I have really, really been enjoying the new chapters, and love seeing the troupes backstory. I just personally am hoping we divert from the "Sheila is Pariston" theory. I really like the idea of Pariston being the mastermind behind the series' events so far, but I don't really like the idea that he came from meteor city. I want his "I destroy the things I love" gimmick to be more than just "my childhood in meteor city sucked and now I hurt the things I love".
Nov 20, 2022 2:45 PM

Aug 2016
I wasn't expecting sudden Phantom Troupe backstory but I'm 100% here for it

Nov 20, 2022 3:22 PM
Feb 2021
What a great chapter, truly peak HunterXHunter!
Nov 20, 2022 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
Finally a Troupe flashback. Seeing everyone young and innocent was so sad man. Same with Chrollo, he used to be such a bright and loving kid. Looks like the fucked up circumstances are what led them to change drastically.

The dubbing idea was so precious T_T I'm so excited for the next chapter, I hope it keeps up with the flashback.
Nov 20, 2022 5:27 PM

Apr 2021
kid versions of the Phantom Troupe
Nov 21, 2022 10:24 PM

Jan 2021
I felt sad reading this. The phantom troupe just living happily even tho they prob barely have enough to get by. Who ever knew that we would one day see their members make an anime dub lol.

Togashi giving us a flashback of the spiders might also be their death flag, but you never know with this series.

That being said, 5 more confirmed chapters to go. Togashi, please dont leave us again.......
TeqnobladeNov 21, 2022 10:28 PM
Nov 22, 2022 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
Romaysa said:
JudgeRuthless said:

which cliche part do you mean? about the spiders or Sheila turning into Pariston? well I mean the spiders did it themselves they killed and it was stated in the anime but maybe there was a set up for both the spiders and the kurta clan. As for Pariston = Sheila, I hope it's not true otherwise we will witness another Muzan lol

Well:

well I mean the spiders did it themselves they killed and it was stated in the anime but maybe there was a set up for both the spiders and the kurta clan

Exactly this part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2022 11:55 PM
Sep 2016
okfgddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Nov 25, 2022 6:45 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Troupe flashback outta nowhere dude let's go!!
Nov 26, 2022 12:04 PM

Aug 2021
best chapter since the return. a phantom troupe flashback was the last thing i expected to happen here but it was so refreshing. it feels like we've been at a stand still for awhile now with no real plot progression so this was great
Dec 5, 2022 12:39 AM

May 2021
I do remember there being someone who had inspired Kurapika to become a hunter. I had forgotten it was Shiela. Am guessing she's the link between the Phantom Troupe and the Kurta clan.

Dec 20, 2022 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
seeing young Chrollo so happy broke my heart.
Jan 23, 2023 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
Sheila is from Meteor City.. So She's the one who told the location of Kurta Clan

Apr 11, 2023 7:39 PM
Oct 2020
It's happening? Like, actually? I never thought we'll get this flashback and Chrollo is so precious here.
Jul 3, 2023 7:12 AM

Dec 2021
Oh wow didn't expect the Meteor City flashbacks o.O chrollo, paku and others creating a fan dub for Power Cleaners.. feels like im reading a fan fic XD. seriously tho, best chapter in a long long time.
Jul 31, 2023 4:49 PM

Feb 2018
Damn a Troupe flashback!? Seeing how young and pure they used to be is so wholesome. Nice let's see why they turned out they way they did lol
Feb 13, 10:04 PM

Nov 2015
CuratorAntoine said:
chrollo, paku and others creating a fan dub for Power Cleaners.. feels like im reading a fan fic XD. seriously tho, best chapter in a long long time.

to get them to dub is cringe, I agree it looks like a cheap fanfic... made by ai probably 👎
xZabuzax said:
I don't care about their backstories though, I want to see them in the present, not the past so it got kinda boring again with their backstories, at this point I just want this arc to go somewhere since it's taking forever to get anywhere, meh.

meh x2. this is too long of a flashback to show how much they developed blah blah... it's just a concept so cliche the we become adults and got over the hate for the world and the edgy feelings blah blah. actually, a very misplaced flashback. 3/5

fabrizioghobrini said:
Feitan bad boy 😂

Maisyyy said:
I'm glad he realized the wonders of a hair straightener xd

argh... now I can't erase the image on my mind of Feitan waking up like this and spend precious time straightening his hair 🤣🤣🤣
Berry-VodkaFeb 19, 11:29 AM

💢

More topics from this board

» Yoshihiro Togashi has started working on "Hunter x Hunter" again according to his latest tweet.

deg - Yesterday

11 by Jacktwelve17 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.