Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2022 12:37 AM

Oct 2007
More chat bubbles, more fodder characters ... we'll get to know every citizen in the story lol

I wanted to see Tserr this chapter, not next one, not foreshadowing a battle, not just a mention.
Or more on Hisoka or the spiders. Oh well.

Any theory one the power levels of chat bubble jutsu vs talk no jutsu?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2022 8:13 AM
Feb 2013
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Nov 11, 2022 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
mucho texto bro, but the first half was fire. pure lore
R&B Leyend
Nov 11, 2022 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
i thought this arc had waaay to many new characters an yet we keep getting even more, i cant help but think that many of these are just fodder
Nov 11, 2022 4:17 PM

May 2015
best chapter till now.
Nov 11, 2022 4:24 PM

Aug 2021
Love the exposition sm. I knew something was up with the old guy, damn everyone is so sus in this arc
Nov 11, 2022 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
I really enjoy the new group of characters, it is cool to see earnest people who are on Tserriednich's side, and a little bit more of Tserriednich's past. The eventual clash between him and Morena is going to be absolute madness!!
Nov 11, 2022 6:02 PM
Apr 2016
Man I wish Togashi would focus more on the main protagonists. All these extended chats between 3rd rate characters were a bit of a drag, not gonna lie. Maybe I wouldn’t mind as much if I had confidence he won’t go on an other extended hiatus after the 10 chapters drop.
CruicruiseNov 11, 2022 6:13 PM
Nov 11, 2022 10:56 PM

Dec 2017
Midwit filter is on
Nov 11, 2022 11:14 PM

Aug 2019
This chapter is like reading wall of text, adding more characters as a fodder and not a noteworthy of plot progression.
I make OC maymay
Nov 12, 2022 1:52 AM

Sep 2010
Cruicruise said:
Man I wish Togashi would focus more on the main protagonists. All these extended chats between 3rd rate characters were a bit of a drag, not gonna lie. Maybe I wouldn’t mind as much if I had confidence he won’t go on an other extended hiatus after the 10 chapters drop.

I have to agree :( With the current progression of the story, we will never see the clashes of Tserri, Morena, Hisoka & Kurapika vs. Spiders, etc. let alone finish the arc. I do know that Togashi is capable of connecting everything together in a really cool way, but he really would not be able to do it with a release of 10 chapters every few years. Sad but truth :(
Nov 12, 2022 2:57 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Eh, average chapter compared to the last few bangers in my opinion.

Wall of text-kun is back and a ton of new characters haha. Still interesting though, but I would rather see other plot points.
Nov 12, 2022 4:23 AM

Oct 2007
N0neguy said:
This chapter is like reading wall of text, adding more characters as a fodder and not a noteworthy of plot progression.

Maybe he should just switch to writing a novel from here on? With occasional pictures like in the good old books at the local library.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2022 5:15 AM

Sep 2015
JudgeRuthless said:
N0neguy said:

Maybe he should just switch to writing a novel from here on? With occasional pictures like in the good old books at the local library.

His pride wouldn't let him do it any other way. God knows people have asked to help him, in order to speed it up when we do get these walls of text, but he'll never let them.

I enjoyed this chapter, anyhow.
Nov 12, 2022 11:15 AM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

TEXTgashi is back in full action this chapter but the expositions were actually very simple & intruiging

These Hell-yi underlings are unhinged just like their leader Morena, which I'm absolutely enjoying. Even though most of em won't probably even survive the next few chapters, I'm loving their interactions.. Kinda reminds me of phantom troupe's dynamic. They are literally killing anybody to level up and pretty easily at that with the door ability. Morena is ready for any resurgency against her from the 4th Prince and is preparing to infiltrate using her ability "contagion". The Dog guy seems interesting and is by far the strongest member (I think) besides Morena herself.

The 4th Prince has already deployed his troops to take care of Morena which the group theorise that he couldn't join himself because he must be busy with Nen. That one guy disrespecting the 4th prince was hilarious and while i was reading the chapter, I only took it as a mere comedic relief but it turned out to be something very precarious & interesting. Supposedly, most of the deployed bodyguards are Terror-sandwich's close friends and they see him in a very different light than we the readers have seen him in so far, very very intriguing turn of events this. I mean, Togashi is very well-renowned for his handling of antagonist and this might be getting the same treatment which personally, I'm very excited for. They're also supposedly trying not to die and stay alive while not trying to confront Morena, which is again very hilarious. Even though these people were introduced this late in the arc, I somehow already root for em

Anyways, a very text heavy chapter, yes but Togashi again adding layers upon layers in this already complicated, intricate & grandiose arc
2Birds1StonedNov 18, 2022 1:04 PM
Nov 12, 2022 11:40 AM

Aug 2021
hunter x hunter is one of my favorite anime and manga ever but i honestly don't know how much longer i can defend it. i mean like i've tried to pretend like i love that there's new chapters but reading a single chapter for 25 minutes because it's straight up dialogue with shitty art is actually a burden. the dialogue is so dry and produces almost no plot progression which makes it even worse. i am happy that they're trying to finish the story but my god at this point just leave it alone before you ruin it's reputation.

i consider hunter x hunter a masterpiece but if there's gonna be many more chapters like this, which it appears to be the case because this arc is nowhere near being finished and who knows what's supposed to come after that, i don't think i can keep defending it no matter how great it once was.
Nov 12, 2022 4:41 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing. Peak fiction right. I hope these characters survive. I really like them.
Read Toriko!
Nov 12, 2022 10:41 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously, every time they mention a name of one of the new minor characters in this arc, I literally have to go to the hxh wiki page to see just who they are talking about and which side they are on for that matter. Really though, is there some fan here who can actually remember the name of every single character in this arc?
How I love a game
Nov 13, 2022 5:37 AM

Oct 2007
Zack312 said:
Seriously, every time they mention a name of one of the new minor characters in this arc, I literally have to go to the hxh wiki page to see just who they are talking about and which side they are on for that matter. Really though, is there some fan here who can actually remember the name of every single character in this arc?

Doubt it. I even forgot most of the princes. I vaguely remember some of the abilities.

I even checked this, forgot where they are or even the overall layout: https://hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Whale

Perhaps there's a character chart somewhere??
Nov 13, 2022 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
JudgeRuthless said:
Zack312 said:

Doubt it. I even forgot most of the princes. I vaguely remember some of the abilities.

I even checked this, forgot where they are or even the overall layout: https://hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Whale

Perhaps there's a character chart somewhere??

The wiki page is very useful. It shows the name and positions of all of the families, princes, retainers, bodyguards and so. But yeah, despite all of this useful info layout, remember everyone´s name and roles are impossible to me lol
How I love a game
Nov 13, 2022 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
As someone interested in Tserriednich, I thought this chapter was good at raising anticipation.

These heavy exposition chapters may not hit the craving spot during the weekly read, but if you're patient and willing to keep track of everything that's going on you're getting rewarded. Furthermore, I think they're even better on a binge read after you've memorized most of the cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2022 8:52 AM

Jan 2019
God... Another group of new characters, so many unnecessary dialogues.. I love this arc but this is just too slow, it will never end at this pace
Nov 13, 2022 10:52 AM

Jul 2022
WHAT on earth is going on? So Hinrigh and the Cha'R guy split up, Cha'R is going to let the Troupe deal with the Heil'Ly people and their room and Hinrigh went back to investigating a lead... After that I'm lost.

A bunch of new characters introduced, I believe they word for Tsereidnich or something... I don't know.
Nov 13, 2022 11:10 AM

Feb 2010
silversaint said:
i thought this arc had waaay to many new characters an yet we keep getting even more, i cant help but think that many of these are just fodder

That's my assumption too. It's kind of dragging but there's more than likely a purpose to it
Nov 13, 2022 12:56 PM

Aug 2016
Tserri's guards are surprisingly likable given who their boss is.

Nov 13, 2022 3:11 PM

Feb 2022
What I liked the most about the chapter was the appearance of DogMan
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Nov 13, 2022 7:14 PM

Jun 2014
I will be very disappointed if DogMan dies
Nov 14, 2022 7:02 AM

Apr 2016
Every new chapter there's always someone complaining about "too much text" or "too much characters", if you're too lazy to read complex stories then drop this manga already and go read a no-brainer battle shonen where there's only the same kind of fights over and over again
Nov 14, 2022 10:52 AM
Jun 2016
I love this arc, if only for the fact that it’s hilarious seeing so many shounen readers get scared by words.
Nov 14, 2022 1:11 PM

Oct 2007
bossunhimeswitch said:
silversaint said:

That's my assumption too. It's kind of dragging but there's more than likely a purpose to it

canon fodder for the dark continent?
Nov 14, 2022 1:50 PM
Nov 2016
Goddamn, I'm not liking this at all, too much fucking text and too many fucking new irrelevant characters, why does this arc have so many goddamn characters? this isn't good.

This arc is just weird, this franchise is going downhill pretty quickly with this arc IMHO. After that long hiatus which took years, I expected the manga to get better but it's not, it keeps implementing way too many irrelevant characters with huge-ass wall of texts and this is boring to me, I even stopped reading and I'm just skipping through the pages now since I don't have the patience to read those boring wall of text.
Nov 14, 2022 2:15 PM
Nov 2016
Kampos said:
Every new chapter there's always someone complaining about "too much text" or "too much characters", if you're too lazy to read complex stories then drop this manga already and go read a no-brainer battle shonen where there's only the same kind of fights over and over again

It's all about substance, you say the story is complex but it's not, reading a huge wall of text doesn't make the story complex, in this arc everything is a drag, and to make it worse, the art isn't that good either which make reading the wall of text a more painful experience so I stopped reading it on this chapter because I simply got too bored with it.

It's all about substance, not quantity (aka: boring wall of text)
Nov 14, 2022 11:07 PM

Dec 2017
Kampos said:

Those people don't like good stories, they like when MC powers-up and punches hard new generic villain of the week. Probably the same people who were complaining about Chimera Ant arc 10 years ago. And now it's heiled as a masterpiece by everyone. It'll be the same with Succession War.
Nov 15, 2022 2:14 AM

May 2019
The King Togashi is Naked.

This manga is more like a hobby for him right now, so he just doesnt care anymore for any elements that can make a story exciting and with well made plot.

Now it is remembering me of the korean Tower of God: thousands of disposable new characters every arc, previous main characters being forgotten by the author, and almost no focus on a storyline.
Rob7Nov 15, 2022 2:23 AM
Nov 16, 2022 11:37 AM
Jan 2019
I get a feeling that Tserri's friends have have antisocial personality disorder just like Tserri. antisocial personalities can have friends but it's most likely that those friends have the same personality.

Nov 16, 2022 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
JudgeRuthless said:
bossunhimeswitch said:

canon fodder for the dark continent?

could be, somehow i dont think these fodders are leaving this ship alive though
Nov 20, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2020
Ah those ever familiar BIG dialogue bubbles are back.. not like I waited.

And yes have to agree with the majority sentiment, the count of fodder characters kinda getting out of hands now.
Dec 2, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2018
I want to see Tserri and Hisoka go up against each other in battle!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Dec 3, 2022 1:46 PM

May 2021
Fodder characters making informed and intelligent decisions isn't something you see every day but I wish I remembered at least half of what they're talking about. At least the fourth prince is interesting.

Dec 3, 2022 5:06 PM

Jul 2020
Remember chapter 102?
Jul 3, 2023 5:08 AM

Dec 2021
Togashi used Wall Of Text! It's super effective!
Jul 31, 2023 4:48 PM

Feb 2018
Ever since we first got introduced to Tserriednich he's become one of my fav HxH characters. His guards are pretty likeable, also Dogman.. wow :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.