Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2022 9:28 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Well, the Journey's over

I had fun watching, despite the stark differences in the vibes

The eyecatch at the end was really good too, but I have the feeling a sequel isn't coming
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 16, 2022 9:28 AM
Jun 2022
Didn't know you do these as well. Respect -1.
Oct 16, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
As the tradition for Kamen Rider, it ended with a classic Rider Kick.
Foundation X, hmmm..... It's all Decade's fault!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the ending was quite a cliffhanger. The hope there will be a sequel for this series.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 16, 2022 9:29 AM

Feb 2012
Grandpa feeling guilt for making landmine parts unknowingly is really sad.
Tokime became an assistant that Shotaro can be proud of.

Accel's theme really gets me pumped up, and Terui said his iconic line too!

Those rider kicks were insane and CycloneJokerXtreme did all that while carrying Tokime.

Utopia dopant flashback!!!
Bando is connected to Foundation X? I love that this is connecting to the wider Heisei rider lore, now.

Kamen Rider Skull!
Fortress_MaximusOct 17, 2022 2:43 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 16, 2022 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
In each episode it gets better, remember the first case there's a dozen of death, dead bodies and blood everywhere, and in the final case they can save everyone (except the villain).
Oct 16, 2022 10:08 AM
May 2021
Really liked this anime! rating: 8/10 , I hope season 2 will be coming as Kamen rider is popular in Japan
Oct 16, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2016
Those 12 weeks of Kamen Rider were amazing !
I really hope other anime of this quality will come in the future (or maybe a sequel for fuuto pi :D). I'm gonna miss them all but thankfully the manga began its publication here in fr o/ !
lengendJan 7, 2023 5:16 PM
Oct 16, 2022 10:23 AM

Oct 2017
Xtreme really cool and op. Their decision to go full power this time was the right choice. Easily took care of reactor. Though damn that was quite the cliffhanger to end the season. I really liked this so hoping that we get new season soon. Tokime waifu.
Oct 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
Not even Fuuto Tantei elaborated on the Begins Night, huh... Well that's fine.
Maybe you all can try reading the manga while a sequel isn't announced
Oct 16, 2022 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
Looks like the ending was left pretty open, but I don't think a sequel will come anytime soon. Still, I had fun watching this and it was very entertaining.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2022 12:13 PM

May 2013
having never seen any kamen rider anime or live action before I enjoyed this. Animation and fights were pretty much top tier, loved the transformations. Story was solid, the crime parts weren't that impressive but the overal mystery feeling was done well. The characters were ok as well just tokime who started off as the most interesting character became really boring after she joined, a sequel would be cool.
Oct 16, 2022 12:26 PM
Jan 2014
All good things end with (two!) massive explosions; a nice climax to the show. As someone whose first Kamen Rider was W, it was very enjoyable to watch despite, and also because, of the differences the change in medium brought. While I usually enjoy the lead VAs' (Hosoya, Uchiyama) other roles, neither were quite as charming as their live action counterparts. However the action scenes, and the budget afforded to the production in general, felt much more impressive in the anime. Coupled with the obvious bump in the age rating, things felt much more visceral than the Sunday morning kids' TV show this follows up on. Case in point being the Xtreme form used here in the finale and earlier in the show -- the design looked a LOT better to me in anime form than it did in real life.

I'm hoping for a second season, since I am curious enough to see where all the plot threads that haven't concluded yet will go e.g. Tokime's identity/past, everything to do with the Other Fuuto, and Bando (love his design). Not curious enough to read the manga though, haha.
Oct 16, 2022 12:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The Xtreme henshin was so cool and looked great, perfect for the last episode and the case is closed but still there's the main antagonist Bando and it's a bit sad that we learn more about him at the end very end and that it ended this way like a cliffhanger, now we really need a sequel but well we'll have to wait quite some time if it happens
Oct 16, 2022 1:24 PM

Sep 2020
NoblesseEssentia said:
what are you doing here? You don't even watch the anime lmao

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 16, 2022 2:09 PM

Nov 2011
It was cool but what was that ending? Kind of Abrupt.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 16, 2022 3:09 PM
Mar 2021
While I am glad we got a Kamen Rider anime, this was sort of a mixed bag of good and bad things despite giving it an 8 at the end. Lots of rider fan service gave me a blast of nostalgia, while the other part of the story had a big clash of a supernatural superpower show trying to merge with a Rider show, which didn't fit well with W.
Oct 16, 2022 3:20 PM

Feb 2021
3miL said:
Well, the Journey's over

I had fun watching, despite the stark differences in the vibes

The eyecatch at the end was really good too, but I have the feeling a sequel isn't coming

I hope they announce it soon! Kamen Rider franchise is very popular in Japan.
AkeZZZ said:
As the tradition for Kamen Rider, it ended with a classic Rider Kick.
Foundation X, hmmm..... It's all Decade's fault!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the ending was quite a cliffhanger. The hope there will be a sequel for this series.

I too hope for the soon sequel announcement!
Apratim said:
Really liked this anime! rating: 8/10 , I hope season 2 will be coming as Kamen rider is popular in Japan

Yes, it is very popular there!
lengend said:
Those 12 weeks of Kamen Rider were amazing !
I really hope other anime of this quality will come in the future (or maybe a sequel for fuuto pi :D). I'm gonna miss them all but thankfully the manga began its publication here \o/ !

We all hope for the sequel! This detective series is amazing!
MegamiRem said:
Xtreme really cool and op. Their decision to go full power this time was the right choice. Easily took care of reactor. Though damn that was quite the cliffhanger to end the season. I really liked this so hoping that we get new season soon. Tokime waifu.

TheIsOtaku said:
having never seen any kamen rider anime or live action before I enjoyed this. Animation and fights were pretty much top tier, loved the transformations. Story was solid, the crime parts weren't that impressive but the overal mystery feeling was done well. The characters were ok as well just tokime who started off as the most interesting character became really boring after she joined, a sequel would be cool.

DikembesMutombo said:
All good things end with (two!) massive explosions; a nice climax to the show. As someone whose first Kamen Rider was W, it was very enjoyable to watch despite, and also because, of the differences the change in medium brought. While I usually enjoy the lead VAs' (Hosoya, Uchiyama) other roles, neither were quite as charming as their live action counterparts. However the action scenes, and the budget afforded to the production in general, felt much more impressive in the anime. Coupled with the obvious bump in the age rating, things felt much more visceral than the Sunday morning kids' TV show this follows up on. Case in point being the Xtreme form used here in the finale and earlier in the show -- the design looked a LOT better to me in anime form than it did in real life.

I'm hoping for a second season, since I am curious enough to see where all the plot threads that haven't concluded yet will go e.g. Tokime's identity/past, everything to do with the Other Fuuto, and Bando (love his design). Not curious enough to read the manga though, haha.

Ashhk said:
The Xtreme henshin was so cool and looked great, perfect for the last episode and the case is closed but still there's the main antagonist Bando and it's a bit sad that we learn more about him at the end very end and that it ended this way like a cliffhanger, now we really need a sequel but well we'll have to wait quite some time if it happens

SoraSenpai said:
It was cool but what was that ending? Kind of Abrupt.

Let's hope for the sequel announcement! It can't be ended like that! Manga is still ongoing, there is more than enough material for 24 episodes!
Oct 16, 2022 3:44 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool finish, that. Didn't fully get that last bit but if that's hinting a 2nd Season, yes, please!

Interesting powerup there but sadly it wasn't a complete victory. Respect to the villain for giving it his all from preventing Shotaro-san and co. from infiltrating Shadow Fuuto.

Definitely enjoyed the first few episodes more but I think the show still ended off on a decent note, so it'll be a 7/10 from me. Going to miss the Op, ED and of course Tokime, lol. Her character design was just too good and some of her moment like looking for "the hole" was hilarious.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 16, 2022 10:00 PM
Jan 2020
Monday will never be the same again without this show
Oct 16, 2022 10:38 PM
Oct 16, 2022 10:49 PM
Jun 2022
samsince04 said:
NoblesseEssentia said:
what are you doing here? You don't even watch the anime lmao
I didn't even know it exists.
Oct 16, 2022 11:48 PM
Jan 2021
Switch_Z said:

Begins Night was featured in the first act of Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010
Oct 16, 2022 11:48 PM

May 2018
A rare case of a good translation from tokusastu "insanity" to anime "insanity".

Usually we get direct copies like for example Ultraman (2019 + sequels), which felt awkward with its typical for live action acting, timing and all overall directing. Something felt very off in the action scenes too.
But in comparison Fuuto PI adapts all those live action things to the typical visual language of anime and everything works suspiciously great and pleasing.
Oct 17, 2022 1:14 AM

Oct 2016
As my first foray into Kamen Rider, this show was really good! I don't have the time to further dive in the hole that is Kamen Rider, but if there are more Kamen Rider animes that get made, I'll definitely watch, or even better a Fuuto Tantei sequel. 8/10
Oct 17, 2022 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
I extremely love Kamen Rider as a kid, seeing bugs fighting other bugs to save the world has never been any more significant, especially in this episode

HOLY MOLY THIS ACTION, it gets me in the EDGE of my seat every time, the action is pretty much highlighted here, and the characters are still memorable, as always
W Xtreme looks so beautiful, i absolutely love the rider kick.

it pretty much ends in a sort of cliffhanger, but i still pretty much like it

We now can see the backstory for Bando now, as well as a lot of stuff that Tokime wants to know.

Now that we have an Anime that can shine that Kamen light in this realm of anime, Imagine what a Kamen Rider Zi-O/Zero-One anime would look like, holy the ideas are infinite, for this case
Oct 17, 2022 2:59 AM

Sep 2011
Really fun to see these characters again but the individual stories themselves were pretty weak, it was pretty much entirely carried by the cast once the nostalgia wore off.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 17, 2022 3:28 AM

Jul 2016
Apratim said:

I loved this. Such a nice surprise.

Hopefully we get a second season.
Oct 17, 2022 3:40 AM
May 2021
Vindicater said:
Apratim said:

Ya waiting for the announcement!
Oct 17, 2022 6:19 AM
Oct 2022
The ending we are going back to where it all started Begin Night.
I like Kamen Rider Skull cameo and redid of what happened in the live action for that flashback.
Oct 17, 2022 7:17 AM
Aug 2016
Was quite good

Pls season 2
Oct 17, 2022 9:08 AM

Feb 2021
sKyBlazer08 said:
As my first foray into Kamen Rider, this show was really good! I don't have the time to further dive in the hole that is Kamen Rider, but if there are more Kamen Rider animes that get made, I'll definitely watch, or even better a Fuuto Tantei sequel. 8/10

Vindicater said:
Apratim said:

Apratim said:
Vindicater said:

EnkiViral said:
Was quite good

Pls season 2

We all wait for the second season!
Oct 17, 2022 9:25 AM
May 2021
Memore said:
sKyBlazer08 said:

Vindicater said:

Apratim said:

EnkiViral said:
Was quite good

Pls season 2

We all wait for the second season!

Good good 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Oct 17, 2022 10:34 AM
Sep 2018
Not sure if i saw correctly but didn't windows where lit in S Symbol. You know like S for Skull?
Oct 17, 2022 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
alshu said:
A rare case of a good translation from tokusastu "insanity" to anime "insanity".

Usually we get direct copies like for example Ultraman (2019 + sequels), which felt awkward with its typical for live action acting, timing and all overall directing. Something felt very off in the action scenes too.
But in comparison Fuuto PI adapts all those live action things to the typical visual language of anime and everything works suspiciously great and pleasing.

I think it's because it adapts a manga, a much more compatible medium
Oct 17, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2018
Switch_Z said:
I think it's because it adapts a manga, a much more compatible medium

Ultraman (2019) is also a manga adaption, yet the authors of the anime tried way too hard to make it look as close to live action as they could.
Oct 17, 2022 3:31 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The final battle with Kamen Rider Xtreme and the Reactor dopant was really good, but all we got is a bunch of exposition about Bando connection to Foundation X and Tokime's mysterious past leading to a very lackluster cliffhanger ending. I highly doubt that this will get a second season since we don't get anime adaptations Kamen Rider/Super Sentai that often because its a live action series. Maybe in another 4 or 5 years when Kamen Rider has a little bit more traction in the West outside of Masked Rider. I'll be watching the live action TV series of Kamen Rider W.

7/10.
Oct 17, 2022 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
S1 finish and of course the hero won but the battle is not over so hoping for S2

RedChromeOct 17, 2022 3:55 PM
Oct 17, 2022 9:05 PM
Oct 2022
Looks like it's rushed. Hope for season 2 I guess?
Oct 17, 2022 11:15 PM
Sep 2018
RedChrome said:
S1 finish and of course the hero won but the battle is not over so hoping for S2

Oct 18, 2022 4:51 AM
Feb 2015
Switch_Z said:

Probably so that more people would watch the Begins Night movie.
Oct 18, 2022 6:14 AM

Feb 2019
Princess Carry with your arms whilst kicking a guy with your legs has a strong impact, I can't deny.

Well, not the best ending, or rather lack thereof. Clearly built with the intent of a sequel, which I'll certainly be looking out for and is, I think, reasonable to expect - though, not getting an immediate announcement is worrying.

Still, excellent adaptation and continuation. Very impressed with the art design, I must say, especially for a studio that didn't have the best track record up till now.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 18, 2022 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
I went in without much expections and despite the open end (for now hopefully) this certainly was a W show in my opinion especialy with the nice fanservice (like Tokime's.. uhm I mean the art design was splendid)

Oct 19, 2022 4:18 AM
Feb 2015
I wonder if Philip & Shotaro forgot that Tokime could be using a driver.
Oct 19, 2022 6:27 AM

Apr 2020
It was pretty good. Tokime might be the best waifu of the year.
Probably getting an S2.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Nov 7, 2022 2:46 PM

Nov 2022
With no immediate S2 being green-lit, I think this series will be forgotten soon (or already has been), which is unfortunate. I think i heard somewhere that Ishinomori Pro would be watching over the receptions closely to see if it was worth doing more, so I'm curious how it fared over there. Only time will tell, I guess...

I think it was pretty decent, but I can see why it won't attract anyone not interested in the premise in the first place. Though if it did interest enough people to watch the OG series, that'd be a W (no pun intended).
Nov 8, 2022 7:10 PM

Dec 2016
It was a fun ride. But since I don't watch Kamen Raider, that explanation about Gaia Memory and everything else would have been better.

Overall 7/10.
Jan 4, 2023 2:14 PM
Jan 2023
This series was not as intriguing as the beginning
Mar 9, 2023 3:57 PM

May 2018
This felt totally incomplete. Not going to pick up the manga. Just going to hope for a 2nd season.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Aug 11, 2023 1:56 PM
May 2021
waiting for season 2

More topics from this board

» Of all the Kamen Riders, why did Kamen Rider W get an anime?

Dejilan - Aug 8, 2022

24 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 18, 6:19 AM

» Poor writing but decent

IMMABEAST - Oct 16, 2022

14 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 18, 2022

31 by dohani »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 6 Discussion

3miL - Sep 4, 2022

31 by YagoZeta »»
Oct 24, 2022 9:04 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

73 by PekRA »»
Oct 23, 2022 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.