Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 2, 2022 4:29 PM
May 2020
That ending scene was awesome. David Pro are soo good at adapting the material. I can't wait to see how they'll handle the ending.
Sep 2, 2022 6:08 PM

Mar 2021
The last scene with Pucci foreshadowing is amazing

That’s it for JoJo for at least half a year… At least the next batch will adapt pure peak

This batch was better than the first in terms of production. From what I’ve seen, we got lots of classic DP JoJo sakuga, and there was almost no bad CGI. I still have flashbacks of JumpinJackFlash lol.

With all the good things said, I’ll never forgive Netflix for how they are ruining this part. Rest in peace, Stone Ocean hype.

Sep 2, 2022 11:49 PM
Jan 2021
Great to see Emporio and Jolyne figure out a way to combat Mew Mew's Jailhouse Lock, and we get to see a moment of growth from Emporio because now he wants to see the outside world.

I hope that soon Jotaro gets his memories back as they have the disc and I'm wondering if Jolyne will battle the priest with or without Jotaro's help.

I can't wait for Part 3 of Stone Ocean to come out.
Sep 3, 2022 3:14 AM
May 2021
GOATed series man. Enjoyed this 2nd cour much more than the 1st. So pucchi unlocked the heaven stand, Can't wait for 3rd cour(maybe final) 🔥🔥🔥
Sep 3, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
And with Miu Miu's defeat, the second batch ends. Ngl, I thought it would end with them
, but I think it is also a good starting point for the final cour. We also got a tease of Pucci's new Stand, which was pretty cool foreshadowing.

Liked this episodes as much as the previous ones, even if they got some of the more subpar fights of Part 6 like Dragon's Dream and Yo-Yo Ma and the quality drop respecting Golden Wind was still noticeable. At least we got Limp Biscuit, Planet Waves, the Green Baby and F.F.'s death. Hope for the third batch they add new visuals for the opening.
Sep 3, 2022 8:53 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Apratim said:
GOATed series man. Enjoyed this 2nd cour much more than the 1st. So pucchi unlocked the heaven stand, Can't wait for 3rd cour(maybe final) 🔥🔥🔥

Not yet.
kizumi91Sep 3, 2022 2:33 PM
Sep 3, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2021
Last episode was awesome. Jolyne finally figured out how to break Miu Miu's stand, and her using it to her advantage to escape was funny. Pucci was super menacing once more, and can't wait to see him in action. Overall this batch was way better than the first one, but they should have not done batches to begin with. It is what it is though
Sep 3, 2022 12:56 PM
Oct 2019
I really liked the stand
Sep 3, 2022 2:00 PM

Mar 2020
how exactly could jolyne memorise a whole binary code but couldnt more than 3 bullets
Sep 3, 2022 2:02 PM

May 2021
This second batch really made Stone Ocean a JoJo part. The pacing is a lot better, the fights are more fun, stands were extremely creative, Jail House Lock was a menace, and it gave Memento vibes and the animation is better. I started to love even part 6, Jolyne Cujoh is one hell of an interesting JoJo with her iron will. It's nice how it ties up together the plotline from the Dio's plan. Can't wait to see how it will all culminate in the last batch, next year.
Sep 3, 2022 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
Idk what you mean but this part was much much better than the first part. More entertaining, more drama althogh we lost best girl. I really want season 3 to come soon not to wait another year tbh.
The final stand here was also great as I was legit wondering how they would break out of it tho it felt kinda weird how the kid figured it out when 3 things were being learned at the same time.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 3, 2022 8:16 PM

Nov 2016
Ideal stopping point. Part 3 will go crazy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2022 12:14 AM
May 2021
kizumi91 said:
Apratim said:

Not yet.

So there will be part 4 as well??
Sep 4, 2022 4:05 AM
Jan 2021
peak + MiH teaser my God
Sep 4, 2022 4:24 AM
Oct 2017
Sometimes the drawing was horrible, and I don't want to make spoilers but one of the enemies was boring with the remember only 3 things...
Sep 4, 2022 5:11 AM

Jun 2014
This is a good stopping point for this batch, as it sets up their escape from the prison and gets us ready for the actual "adventure" of this part after having been confined to just the prison setting up to this point. Loved seeing the tease of Pucci's Stand evolution at the end as well.

Crazy to think that if this anime had started airing in winter season earlier this year, we would already be down to the final 3 or 4 episodes. Fuck Netflix and their batch release, binge-watching distribution model. Do that shit for your live-action shows, but keep it away from anime smfh.

Anyway, this part gave us more of the charm and wackiness that defines Jojo and keeps the fanbase coming back. Unique abilities, weird fights, occasional sentimentality, intense brutality, and all the wild shit in between that Jojo has to offer. And all of that will only get amped up and even crazier in the final batch of episodes. This part has quite the interesting and controversial ending, but I have faith in DP and can't wait to see how they handle it.

Oh yea one more thing, people need to chill with the complaints of no new OP/ED in this batch. Look at part 3 for example. If you combine the split seasons of part 3 into one big season of 48 episodes, they only used TWO OPs in those 48 episodes, each one being used for 24 eps each. And aside from a handful of special EDs, part 3 pretty much only had 2 EDs (Walk Like an Egyptian and Last Train Home). Part 4 used the same ED for the entire 39 episode run, except for the final episode and any previous eps where they just didn't play the ED. Hell, even as recently as Golden Wind, you can see they didn't change the OP and ED until episode 22. It's clearly not uncommon for Jojo to keep the same OP/ED for 20+ episodes so idk why people were complaining so much about it for this part in particular.
thebrentinator24Sep 4, 2022 5:26 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2022 5:12 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Apratim said:
kizumi91 said:

Not yet.

No, the 1st and 2nd batch have already covered up to chapter 102, about 2/3 of the Manga. There only needs the 3rd batch to adapt the rest.
Sep 4, 2022 5:42 AM
May 2021
kizumi91 said:
Apratim said:

No, the 1st and 2nd batch have already covered up to chapter 102, about 2/3 of the Manga. There only needs the 3rd batch to adapt the rest.

Oh nice then. Hyped up for it 🔥🔥
Sep 4, 2022 5:59 AM

Nov 2020
Okay this was the last episode of this season! Why do I feel like fight with Jail House Lock was far more complicated in manga xD (ig I just forgot)... This season was really good, I can't wait for the next one!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Sep 4, 2022 7:07 AM

May 2021
senti um pouco de falta das jojo pose
Sep 4, 2022 10:45 AM

Dec 2009
RaidenSteiner said:
how exactly could jolyne memorise a whole binary code but couldnt more than 3 bullets
The binary code as a whole produced a single visual memory, that was the trick, similar to how the reflection of bullets made a single memory. I think logically it isn't very consistent but Araki has been doing the utmost "most" with every Stand this arc so it's only consistent with how ridiculous it is. I mean, Jolyne not seeing a living person because it is the first out of four doesn't make sense either, that person moves so the moment she forgets them she would register them again and in place forget the next one, who she would instantly remember.

What I am trying to say is this power is nonsensically nuts but it's JoJo so it works.
Ara ara.
Sep 4, 2022 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
Netflix may have killed the momentum of this show but it doesn't make the content any less great. Really enjoying this, been waiting for a father-daughter reunion, taking out Dio seems destined to be a family tradition.
Sep 4, 2022 11:22 AM
Nov 2007
thebrentinator24 said:

Oh yea one more thing, people need to chill with the complaints of no new OP/ED in this batch. Look at part 3 for example. If you combine the split seasons of part 3 into one big season of 48 episodes, they only used TWO OPs in those 48 episodes, each one being used for 24 eps each. And aside from a handful of special EDs, part 3 pretty much only had 2 EDs (Walk Like an Egyptian and Last Train Home). Part 4 used the same ED for the entire 39 episode run, except for the final episode and any previous eps where they just didn't play the ED. Hell, even as recently as Golden Wind, you can see they didn't change the OP and ED until episode 22. It's clearly not uncommon for Jojo to keep the same OP/ED for 20+ episodes so idk why people were complaining so much about it for this part in particular.

You are completely right! Thank you for stating the facts. When some people really want to hate something (probably because of the Netflix thing) they are criticizing everything they probably can, even things that past seasons did the same. Waiting to change a prison themed OP until they are actually out of prison is completely logical when you use 2 OP's total.
RensieSep 4, 2022 11:34 AM
Sep 4, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2017
hyping me right up at the end there but that hype will be dead by time the next batch comes out. sigh.

more jojo is good jojo , even if it's subject to netflix's lousy release schedule ,but jesus christ it was so painful to get through these episodes. i don't know how subs can be THIS bad. god knows how many times i had to keep rewinding because the subs weren't synched with the characters speaking. and then words missing or misspelled or out of place or just not making any sense. so much rewinding, my god. not like i could do subbing any better, but these subs were SO off.

see yall next year ig

placeholder text
Sep 4, 2022 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
amagirinomikoto said:
hyping me right up at the end there but that hype will be dead by time the next batch comes out. sigh.

more jojo is good jojo , even if it's subject to netflix's lousy release schedule ,but jesus christ it was so painful to get through these episodes. i don't know how subs can be THIS bad. god knows how many times i had to keep rewinding because the subs weren't synched with the characters speaking. and then words missing or misspelled or out of place or just not making any sense. so much rewinding, my god. not like i could do subbing any better, but these subs were SO off.

see yall next year ig

I KNOW RIGHT. It felt like those dogshit subs were breaking my immersion. I tried switching to Polish (my main language) and it was even worse. I guess when Blu-ray releases I'm gonna rewatch Stone Ocean with some good fansubs, cause I didn't get the optimal experience the first time.
Sep 4, 2022 3:08 PM
Nov 2019
Idk what people are talking about saying this is the worst jojos part, the plot and writing has been really good so far and the characters are very memorable, I've also enjoyed that Dio has more of a presence this part. Been having a blast with these last 24 episodes and I've no doubt the last batch of episodes won't disappoint, this part truly feels like the end of another jojo era. I don't think it beats part 5 for me but it almost certainly beats part 4, only just by a little bit tho since part 4 is my feel good anime, but the writing alone in part 6 is better. Even if I still ultimately prefer part 5, part 6 shows Araki has really improved his writing with each part
Sep 4, 2022 3:59 PM
Sep 2022
I liked the part where they used the stand
Sep 4, 2022 4:29 PM

Mar 2020
DoomCraft said:
RaidenSteiner said:
The binary code as a whole produced a single visual memory, that was the trick, similar to how the reflection of bullets made a single memory. I think logically it isn't very consistent but Araki has been doing the utmost "most" with every Stand this arc so it's only consistent with how ridiculous it is. I mean, Jolyne not seeing a living person because it is the first out of four doesn't make sense either, that person moves so the moment she forgets them she would register them again and in place forget the next one, who she would instantly remember.

What I am trying to say is this power is nonsensically nuts but it's JoJo so it works.

i mean, by the same logic she could only memorise the position of 3 bullets she should remember only the position of 3 numbers from the whole code
Sep 4, 2022 5:56 PM
Jul 2016
I forgot how legitimately creative the JoJo anime can be. Like here are the strengths and weaknesses of each character, let's watch how they fight and problem-solve. Even if the solutions are batshit out of nowhere, it always seems like a natural extension of the abilities. It's fun to watch, and I was watching episode after episode to see what would happen next.
Sep 4, 2022 7:00 PM

Feb 2019
The animation was great in this one. The last scene with Pucci was incredible, had me shaking the whole time. Can't wait for what comes next
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Sep 4, 2022 10:03 PM
Oct 2015
RaidenSteiner said:
DoomCraft said:

i mean, by the same logic she could only memorise the position of 3 bullets she should remember only the position of 3 numbers from the whole code
she’s “printing” it out with her thread, it’s not like the thread was going to vanish into thin air. That’s like saying she couldn’t memorize 3 words or letters. It’s Jojo, try not to think about it too hard.
Sep 5, 2022 7:17 AM
Mar 2021
mid stand (mew mew) , mid explanation and mid physics explanation
Sep 5, 2022 8:00 AM

Feb 2017
Rhaegar0 said:
amagirinomikoto said:

see yall next year ig

I KNOW RIGHT. It felt like those dogshit subs were breaking my immersion. I tried switching to Polish (my main language) and it was even worse. I guess when Blu-ray releases I'm gonna rewatch Stone Ocean with some good fansubs, cause I didn't get the optimal experience the first time.

yes!!!!! was definitely breaking the immersion. i was getting too caught up on the subs using the wrong verb tense or just forgetting a word in the middle of a sentence. at least you had the option of a second language, despite it still being terrible. tbh that's kinda funny though, like the fact that its still messed up in different languages - i'm laughing but also just shaking my head man

fansubs will pull through for us! hopefully!!

placeholder text
Sep 5, 2022 10:12 AM

Mar 2019
So just curious this will be only 3 batches? I still have 3 more episodes to watch here but how are they gonna cover
StephSep 29, 2022 1:16 PM
Sep 5, 2022 11:08 AM
Jan 2021
Fantastic finale, good build up for the future of this season
Sep 5, 2022 5:53 PM
Apr 2020
great episode fr and enjoyable characters very solid part
Sep 6, 2022 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
WTF another cliffhanger?

Sep 6, 2022 6:40 AM
Feb 2020
Pucci is a menace!
Sep 6, 2022 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
Second batch started pretty limp. It got good by the third or fourth episode.
Last episode was a clusterfuck and got slow at some points, but this episode was pretty nice and I can't wait for the next arc.

See you in 2023. The wait continues...
Sep 6, 2022 11:09 AM

Sep 2020
Must say I was in TEARS seeing everything come up to the final batch. I am EXCITED to see the final showdown and the bittersweet end <3
Sep 7, 2022 2:52 AM

Mar 2019
It ended in a good spot with them creating intrigue surrounding Pucci's new powers. Starting the final (?) batch with Jailhouse Rock would have been stupid and frustrating. The fight and enemy is cool, but it did feel like a breather after all the shit that happened after Yo-Yo Ma. It wouldn't be a good idea to start off a new season slowly like that.

I enjoyed this batch although I now feel the same emptiness knowing that I have to wait yet again to see the story advance because of this moronic distribution method. I fucking pray to God they don't do this to Steel Ball Run.

Three things annoyed me with this batch. First is the obvious missing new OP and ED. Second is how toned down some of the violence was. It was still bloody but I feel like it could have been better. The adaptation was a mixed bag. You had the cool toenail ripping scene, and Anasui's Survivor trap, but then I felt they kind of fucked up Yo Yo Ma. He was super creepy and terrifying in the manga, where as here it didn't feel nearly dangerous. His attack on FF was more graphic and horrifying in the source material. Here it looked goofy with the black CG slime effect. I'm assuming it will be more graphic for the DVD/BR release? If so why aren't we getting that if this isn't being simulcast? The third thing that annoyed me was the quality of the animation. It was rough in a lot of places. The very last episode actually looked great during Miu Miu's attack in Emporio, but some of the earlier stuff looked like ass in places. The compression was so bad during the scenes with rapid punching.
Sep 7, 2022 11:38 AM

May 2015
@poemofdevil The anime also removed the woman's horrifying baby from the last scene with Pucci.
Sep 7, 2022 4:30 PM

Mar 2019
El-Melloi said:
@poemofdevil The anime also removed the woman's horrifying baby from the last scene with Pucci.

Had to check to see what your were talking about because I had forgotten and damn, sucks that they removed that.
Sep 7, 2022 5:57 PM
Jun 2017
I liked this batch even tho I don't like what Netflix is doing to JoJo...

I think they ended right where it should be cause this next arc it's going to be crazy asf, I'm not lying, this next arc is probably one of the craziest arc of JoJo...

Can't wait to see Made in Heaven and all the Disney crossover even tho I don't know how they going to do that but I looking forward to it.
Sep 7, 2022 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
El-Melloi said:
Honestly sucks they removed it, thats the thing that really pushes the pucci scene over into far more disturbing, its not even a matter of it reveals his power too much the scene already does as is.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 8, 2022 1:38 PM
Jan 2019
I loved the relationship of Dio e Pucci
Sep 8, 2022 3:23 PM
Jan 2019
Now to wait 8 months for the rest
Sep 9, 2022 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Miu Miu and her Jail House Lock were truly formidable enemies, but Jolyne teamed up with Emporio managed to defeat Miu Miu and her Stand.

Pucci is changing. He has a new ability. What kind of power he has obtained in Whitesnake's place? We will find out in the next batch for sure.

As for this batch of Stone Ocean episodes, it was slightly worse than batch 1, albeit still very entertaining and nicely done.

Well, now we will have to wait a couple of months due another batch, heh.
AdnashSep 9, 2022 2:12 PM
Sep 9, 2022 3:29 PM
Aug 2020
I FUKCING LOVE STONE OCEAN SO MUCH!! THE ADAPTION WAS SPOT ON!!!!!!!!
Sep 9, 2022 10:22 PM
Apr 2020
bro things were getting so good, then it was over.. why couldnt netflix release the whole thing? :,(
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mat2468xk - Sep 1, 2022

82 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 27, 2:43 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krptic_ - Sep 1, 2022

82 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 25, 3:10 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Flomik - Sep 1, 2022

51 by miho_a_cute »»
Apr 7, 7:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Flomik - Sep 1, 2022

49 by ETHANDARYL420 »»
Mar 29, 1:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Flomik - Sep 1, 2022

46 by L1on777 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.