3It was OK
24.0%
2Disliked it
4.9%
1Hated it
3.8%
Average 4.0
183 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Where Jashin-chan lands at next...is Minamishimabara in Nagasaki Prefecture, the land of hopes and dreams, with a tree that has a heart cavity, the dolphin sightseeing attraction, and Lierre meeting one of her old friends: giant Misogoro in Yushima Island, Kumamoto's island of cats.

From the Hara Castle Ruins to delicious Shimabara somen noodles, Jashin-chan literally meeting the Pekola, Poporon and Pino-lookalike Shiro Amakusa and her sisters, sharing their historic solemn story, and awaiting to meet Lierre. Ayugaeri Falls for all the natural fun. And of all the people to be there, there's Mei too as well, and thankfully to her advantage, she can use her as a means of protection against Hell's debt collectors, for now.

Jashin trying to be funny to act as the savior (where she's the heretic) in Mei's renamed castle (which is exactly Mei's VA's name, another shoutout to Devil A's VA Koji Yusa, and everyone can't take it anymore to retaliate against her and force her removal. Welp, getting stepped by people (it's a long-standing tradition of pure cleansing) and being made to be noodles from dough, you've met a sad fate Jashin-chan.

Yelp, the unrepentant devil snake will always go to the ends of the earth to avoid payment if possible. Such a pain in the ass for all the hilarious reasons.
KANLen09Aug 23, 2022 11:42 AM
Aug 23, 2022 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
wait... wait... Minamishimabara is the same city where Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got a project to produce a special anime episode in collaboration with the city utilizing hometown tax donations. Was this a coincidence or ...??? 🤣 - https://twitter.com/teppen_anime/status/1561246895187451904?s=20&t=hW_uq9qdxPB3xDVzx_B_Vw
They will go back to Hokkaido in the next episode with Furano. It will be almost the same location as Love Live Superstar SS2 ep. 6's locations. 😉

Locations from this episode.
The tree
Yushima
Hara Castle
Ayugaeri Falls

AkeZZZAug 23, 2022 10:44 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 23, 2022 10:46 AM

Feb 2020
Jashin-chan's long tour continues. Interesting places again. :)

Cute dolphins.

It was nice to see Mei again. :D

Nom nom. Jashin-chan noodles.

SerafosAug 23, 2022 3:18 PM
Aug 23, 2022 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
Francisco!

Welcome to Jashin-Chan's Travel Diary with your host and punching bag, Jashin-Chan.

Ha, Yurine with the Goemon Ishikawa reference.

I'm sure the whole castle battle is a reference to a historic battle.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Aug 23, 2022 1:04 PM
Oct 2020
Ok…I’m tired of this arc…I hope they can head back to the apartment soon…
Aug 23, 2022 3:39 PM

Jul 2014
3 tourism episodes in a row? Even by this series' standards, this is taking the piss at this point. And again, I could forgive it if we were still getting loads of funny jokes, but that's not been the case since the first episode of this "arc". In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this arc has been by far the lowest point in the entire series, which is a shame as the rest of season 3 has been fantastic. Can we just get back to Jinbocho, please?

And if that preview is any indication, it's going to be four in a row. What is even the point of this season if a third of it is just bad tourism adverts?
AtavisticAug 23, 2022 3:48 PM
Aug 23, 2022 3:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I didn't know this Minamishimabara or the region they're in but it looks pretty good, makes me want to taste their somen (and not the Jashin ones of course XD)
Aug 23, 2022 4:53 PM

Jul 2015
Did Yurine really did Vergil Status?

Aug 23, 2022 7:27 PM

Jun 2021
Jashin takes Nagasaki! This week’s episode sponsored by the tourism board of Minamishimabara (try saying that 10 times fast!). Did you know Minamishimabara is home to Hara Castle, a World Heritage Site? The more you know! Lol. I can’t travel internationally now so it’s nice to be able to “visit” these places through this show.

But anyways, Lierre is so damn adorable sometimes, I swear! Had to scope out the spot to make sure no one saw her enjoy the swings lol. I like that the ship was called “Orochimaru”, very fitting for Jashin. Perhaps the only thing cuter than those dolphins was Lierre’s precious little face lighting up at the sight of ‘em. I really like Jashin in her new dolphin form too haha.

Didn’t think Lierre’s friend was a friggin miso loving giant named Misogoro lol. Jashin really tried to kick Misogoro With her new kick too haha. Nice to see all the other girls here. Ofc they would be though at this point lol. Those shimabara somen look pretty good!

Jashin’s blasphemous ass getting struck by lightning lol. Didn’t expect Mei to show up, she’s is a menace to society! And now Jashin’s roped her and the rest of the nutjobs into a “rebellion” lol. Angry Kyon Kyon might be scarier than Yurine. Girl caught that bullet with her teeth!

In the end, Jashin gets turned into somen and eaten (i’d watch a movie of her escaping Mei’s stomach lmao). Let’s see where she ends up next week.
Aug 23, 2022 7:53 PM

Jun 2017
Atavistic said:
3 tourism episodes in a row? Even by this series' standards, this is taking the piss at this point. And again, I could forgive it if we were still getting loads of funny jokes, but that's not been the case since the first episode of this "arc". In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this arc has been by far the lowest point in the entire series, which is a shame as the rest of season 3 has been fantastic. Can we just get back to Jinbocho, please?

And if that preview is any indication, it's going to be four in a row. What is even the point of this season if a third of it is just bad tourism adverts?

I have to agree, these tourism episodes should have been all OVAs instead. They aren't terrible but I am not happy they are taking up precious main episode slots. lol
Aug 23, 2022 8:06 PM

Feb 2016
I'm really happy to see that the anime is using Mei better than the manga is. Whenever she appears she manages to make me laugh. I think she will go up in my personal ranking of favorite characters from the series. (Also, Lierre seems much cuter to me now thanks to this season).

I really liked this episode, it was better than the previous two, but in general I'm enjoying the trip, seeing the beautiful scenery drawn and learning about those places, it feels like being on vacation with the cast.

However, this journey is already coming to an end. And next week there will be a Medusa episode, finally! :D
Aug 24, 2022 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
that was a badass stance when Yurine sheaths her katana!!
5/5.

Aug 24, 2022 11:49 AM
Oct 2020
Imagine making someone you know into noodles and then eating them. If this wasn’t comedy it would be pretty fucked up.
Aug 25, 2022 3:00 PM

Jul 2016
First episode from this "arc" that I find boring. They need to return to the damn apartment asap.
Aug 26, 2022 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
How canonical are these travel episodes? I don't remember anything like that in the manga.
Aug 26, 2022 5:42 PM
May 2016

I like how Miku is always seen with her leek every time she appears 🙂
Aug 29, 2022 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
Meh, this one was better than the previous 2/3 but still isn't the best. Hope we get back to normal soon
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 30, 2022 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
nice to know how Soba is made, and some history knowledge as well..

but I feel the quality of the comedy is declining..

Jashin merging with animals is fun at first, but now it's tiresome.

are all the rest of the season going to be tourism episodes?
Sep 2, 2022 11:50 PM
Apr 2021
is this episode praising ccanibalism??!!??!?!?!?
Sep 6, 2022 4:02 PM

Nov 2009
And in this episode, we got the "mermaid Jashin-chan"...

Also... we got the Panda sisters... sorta... the sis apparently isn't stuck as a panda anymore... (she can return back to human for a while)

BTW, what gun is Mei the crazed collector corrupt cop using? it's got unlimited bullets, LOL.

___ ___ ___

And we end up "eating" Jashin-chan... not the sort of "eating" that I imagine... but ok...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 12, 2022 12:47 PM

Sep 2020
Jashin-chan looks really great in the ancient armor, also really cool sword skills from Yukine.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 6, 2022

17 by wildhood »»
Jan 25, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2022

38 by bushman66 »»
Jan 11, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 30, 2022

25 by wildhood »»
Jan 4, 9:11 PM

» Crowdfunding goal for OVA anime sequel reached; sequel in production

Boazanian - Nov 30, 2022

8 by Fuwa_san »»
Jul 1, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 19, 2022

25 by Karva1 »»
Apr 18, 2023 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.