Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, looks like their stay at the beach house wasn't just all fun and games.

Classy beach episode though. We got swimsuits, cooking, and amusing moments. Maou worked like a champ but it's great that he got help from Emi, Chiho, and Suzuno. Looks like Alas Ramus likes that new bird even though it's a demon. Funny kid.

That cliffhanger though.
Stark700Aug 18, 2022 1:02 PM
Aug 18, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
The fog right at the beachfront most certainly is eerie...but what faces right in front of Maou, Ashiya and Urushihara, are demons having their own battle that definitely wasn't just coincidence, and with this whirlpool that's demanding to suck them back to Ente Isla the demon realm, for now, it's Maou's right-hand man Devil Chanceller Camio getting saved by Maou in the haste of injury. Though I must say that his chicken size is definitely cute.

The battle of keeping Amane's store up and running is hard on the guys, and here's where the ladies come in to add extra hands on the job. Of course, Maou complimenting Chiho of her swimsuit is a given, but he's so dense that Ashiya has to step in and inject the words that should be spoken. RIP for being a man.

Urushihara's dive on Olba (the old man bent on destruction at the end of Season 1) opens up the priest's intention to make peace with Heaven, and thus with Emilia's position he's in his authority to do so secretly, anything is possible...to earn a portable game console. Hah, just as hopeless as ever. With that much info, it's certainly looking forward to the trouble forthcoming.

Camio's sword and his knowledge of Amane as the culprit with the strength of a demonic goddess...well that was surprising to say the least.
Aug 18, 2022 8:03 AM

Jan 2018
Weirdly the first part threw me off. But anyway, the appearance of Camio, the military strategist is a refreshing one. One of Maou's trusted.

I've minimally forgotten that Alas Ramus got turned into Emi's Holy Sword. At least she'll be there with her standing mama. Also, Emi acting like a proper mom in order to subdue Camio. Funny...

The woman is suspicious, but weirdly didn't build up tension for me. Looks like we'll check the next episode.
Aug 18, 2022 8:16 AM

Dec 2021
That is the coolest bird i've ever seen!
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Aug 18, 2022 8:27 AM
Sep 2015
With such a long gap between season 1 and season 2, I've to admit that I completely forget about Olba, and I don't mean I just forget his name or what did he do, I forget his whole existence, like he never exist in this franchise.

Anyway, this episode has a nice balance between Maou working as a part-timer, and Maou's main business, which is to conquer the world.
Aug 18, 2022 8:43 AM

Jun 2021
I knew this fog was bad news, but I wasn’t expecting residents of the demon realm to show up. Maou must have really changed or the fog must be hella dense if they don’t recognize their king. But this fog is really eating up all these stray demons… spooky. At least they managed to save Camio. Didn’t expect him to turn into an Angry Bird though lol.

But man business is really booming at Amane’s. Nice to see everyone working together. Maou really putting those MgRonald skills to work lol. Chiho getting embarrassed by Maou’s compliment was pretty cute! Smooth Devil haha.

Looks like this might possibly be part of Olba’s revenge. I’m glad Lucifer has his priorities in order. If Olba is set loose, no more GameStage Portable MonCap edition lol. Anyways, seeing Alas Ramus all refreshed from her nap was so precious! Her chasing around Camio was so adorable, I really like Alas Ramus. She’s way too cute!

But what a plot twist! There’s more to Amane than meets the eye. Is she a human in league with the angels? Is she working with Olba? Very curious to learn what her deal is. She’s definitely gonna be trouble for Maou. I wonder how much the landlady knows about all this, since they’re related iirc.
Aug 18, 2022 8:46 AM

Jan 2021
It was a pretty nice episode as a whole with a few jokes that got me, I agree with the commenter above, even reading the Light Novel recently I completely forgot Olba would be appearing in this arc.
Camio is an awesome addition to the crew though and the cliffhanger at the end was well done for the most part as well.

Best part of the episode for me was Maou still aspiring to his goal of taking over the world no matter the part time job he has.

Aug 18, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2019
The animation seens to get stable and not weird as far as I could see, which is good.

the episode was very entertaining with both demon battle and the human business battle in a busy day at the beach.

Camio is a nice add to the season and his pii-accent is one of a kind! so in the human world...is he a raven?

The narrative even being entertaining was very predictable on the girl being the warrior against the demon in the fog but it's ok because the showed the problem and then the cause in the same episode, so no unnecessary cliffhanger.

I really enjoyed the episode and this time the animation issue was not there to distract me.
Aug 18, 2022 9:32 AM
Oct 2016
Another one that devil's high ranking officials has crossed over to the this world. Camio the head strategist running from some unknown force with two other demons whom both get wrecked. It was super weird seeing that typhoon looking whirlwind going through the fog taking the demons out. Maou and Ashiya not having much of a means to stop it other than get out of the way. Camio turning into that little bird was kinda cute, the old man voice coupled with the little bird look on top of saying peep all the time was funny. Alus Ramus chasing Camio around the room made me laugh. Maou and his forces along with the hero and Suzuno handled the customer rush at their shack very well. Chiho drawing many eyes in her banging swimsuit. Maou and Emi continue to work side by side to great success, further proving how not so different they are. Did Amane really take out those demons at the start of the episode, does she have those capabilities to fight like that I wonder.
Aug 18, 2022 9:37 AM

Aug 2021
i have absolutely no idea where this show is going
Aug 18, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2020
Looks like they had a tough night and now camio is a little bird how cute Alas Ramus is playing with it.
A beach episode they worked hard but it wasn’t enough people to help good that emi suzune and chi helps.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 18, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2019
Score is dropping week after week for hatamou s2. Glad the community is in agreement that this is mid and was carried by nostalgia.
Aug 18, 2022 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
Amane was suspicious since the start so this doesn't come as a surprise. I wonder what's her real identity. Alas Ramus was cute.
Aug 18, 2022 10:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That fog really is ominous. Funny in that the fog did indeed hide some rather scary things. Not to mention old comrades as well. Funny in that Camio reverted to a chick when he lost his power though. Without the girls backing them up the battle to serve the booming amount of customers was to sure result in a defeat. In the end Olba was simply someone that got greedy but you have to admit he was certainly cunning. Alas Ramus chasing after Camio was adorable. But another human with powerful abilities on par with demons huh looks like they have nothing to fear from a little demons after all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2022 11:05 AM
Mar 2022
plot twist 🤯🤯🤯
Aug 18, 2022 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
I knew that shop owner would be a total badass. After all the fat women who runs the place everyone houses at sent them there. As I like to let my imagination run wild, I'm thinking these are the 'gods' or super powerful people who protect this realm and they mayhaps testing the people who have come from another realm. Its a bit of a fervour dream pitch idea since I seen the rental owner and her interactions, but now we have this beach diversion, the idea is cementing itself in my mind. Love it, next episode pls!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 18, 2022 11:12 AM

Jan 2020
I still don't fully understand why it seems like Ashiya and Urushihara have, at least, some of their powers, but Maou doesn't appear to have any of his powers? Especially if they were going to shift gears and have it become more action-y here in the second season. It was fine in the beginning because the series was more comedy-driven, but now it just seems like an odd choice.

After watching this food stall I could really go for some yakisoba.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 18, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 2019
Another ok Beach episode.

Camio is just Tweet, Tweet.

Ohh Amane plot twist?
I knew it, something off about her from the beginning.
Aug 18, 2022 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
Some plot progression.

All three of Maou's female friends helped, but he compliments anyone but the mother to his daughter.

Amane is capable of fighting demons?
Is she really the landlady's niece?
Fortress_MaximusAug 18, 2022 11:58 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 18, 2022 1:53 PM
May 2021
I had a feeling it would be Maou's employer that took care of the demons the previous night.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Aug 18, 2022 2:06 PM

Sep 2020
The new character is their advisor in the empire, its bird form is really cute, it might be the white hair gut who did all this weird thing happening to them all of a sudden.
Aug 18, 2022 3:11 PM

Jul 2022
good episode, it's getting a little interesting
and i like camio
Aug 18, 2022 3:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Camio is interesting but there are so many mysteries and elements included that seem worrying, and apparently all that mess has been caused by the beach bar girl?? Also according to Lucifer the previous opponent will probably gonna come back? It's gonna be a mess soon for them :S
Aug 18, 2022 4:08 PM

Jul 2014
Chiho in a swimsuit let's goooo!!! She looks so good in it. And she is so cute too, I loved her reaction when Maou complimented her.

Suzuno and Emi looked good too but fuck it Maou just didn't want to compliment them lol. Ashiya... bruh xD.

What the hell did they give Urushihara in this episode he was so active and useful. And then he mentioned the GameStage Portable MonCap edition, of course. By the way, I didn't remember who the hell Olba was so thanks for the flashback.

Camio turned into a cute little bird haha. I like him, nice addition to the cast.

Oh so there's more to Amane than meets the eye, interesting. That last panning shot of her... <3
Aug 18, 2022 4:24 PM
Jul 2019
A primeira temporada foi até boa, mas essa segunda estragou o anime.
Aug 18, 2022 5:07 PM

May 2021
Things got a bit more interesting in this episode though I have to admit I completely forgot who Olba was. Also, Amane was definitely quite sus.

Aug 18, 2022 6:55 PM
Mar 2015
Curiouser and couriouser said Aliice
Aug 18, 2022 7:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
My favorite part of this one was definitely when everyone was helping out at the beach restaurant, everyone there was lucky to be served by the beauties of this series in swimsuits lol.

And Camio being a thing now is fun, especially when paired with Alus Ramus, and I had also forgotten about that old guy from Season 1, Olba, I’m interested in seeing him be involved again. And wowzers, I feel stupid for not expecting the restaurant owner to be some important character too lol.
Aug 18, 2022 7:37 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I forgot absolutely everything about Olba and his role in S1 so my mind kind went hibernation mode when Urushihara was talking.
Aug 18, 2022 9:29 PM

Apr 2020
Ayo what the hell...atleast Camio is sweet but yo Maou can you just spurt a compliment to Emilia and Suzuno swimsuits.

Anyways I guess their vacation to Chiba is just a plan for Amane to confront Maou, Emi and the gang, let's see what is truly up in the coming episode.
Aug 18, 2022 11:10 PM

Jul 2012
I like Emi a lot. A lot a LOT. She's like a god tier tsundere leaning more on the soft side this season. Didn't forse Chiyo being the kinda annoying 3rd wheel worst girl when I liked her in S1.
Aug 18, 2022 11:47 PM

Jul 2021
The cliffhanger though damn. She probably knows who Maou, Alciel and everyone is. Nice twist there, things just got more interesting.

But oh boy did Emi, Suzuno and Chiho looked good in those swim suites. 10/10 feast for eyes. It was funny to see Emi and Suzuno standing there blushing while Mao tried his best to complement them.

Pretty interesting episode overall. 5/5.
TsutanaiFuunAug 18, 2022 11:51 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 18, 2022 11:56 PM
Jun 2022
my excitement is getting lesser with every episode .....
Aug 19, 2022 2:18 AM

Sep 2020
Was a fun episode to watch! The introduction of Camio and him turning into a bird while also getting paired up with Allas Ramus was peak content that was cute to watch. But damn, what's that sword, and who might Amane be, can't wait to see.
Aug 19, 2022 8:47 AM

Jun 2019
Well... I had my doubts about Olba. And, now we know and on top of that Camio is here and his small form is adorable and he's being playful with Alas Ramus. Nice.
Aug 19, 2022 10:51 AM

May 2015
Either the series lost its momentum and not as entertaining as the first season or it's just plain boring. Alas Ramus is the character who seems to solely exist for funny comfy family-like moments between Hero and Satan. This episode was actually a bit refreshing with some plot finally moving but at this point I don't think I care as much anymore.
Aug 19, 2022 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
For starters, it looks like the animation has improved quite a bit compared to the last few episodes, which is a good thing. Not to forget, we are at the beach, so of course we'll get to see how girls in their respective swimsuits. Chiho's orange bikini looks excellent on her, as does Emi's bikini design. Suzuno's blue swimsuit also looked cute, too. =3

It wasn't all about sexy swimsuits, though. The new addition of Camio was pretty nice and it gave more of an insight of what he did when Maou was at his peek power in the past. His chibi bird form is rather cute and I hope he stays like that for a while longer.

As for Amane, it did feel like she would be behind this issue, so it makes me wonder what her main goal here is. Like with others here, I did forget about the Olba guy altogether, but Urushihara did a good job in explaining about him and how he's potentially involved with what's been happening when he talked to Emi.

Overall, this was good in terms of plot progression. =)
Aug 19, 2022 4:03 PM
Dec 2017
Yusa Emi is a ANOYANCE!
Aug 19, 2022 6:06 PM
Jan 2015
The ghost was prettyy seriuos
Aug 20, 2022 12:14 AM
Dec 2016
Very interesting episode. I wonder who the woman from episode 6 (the owner) really is.
Aug 20, 2022 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, there was something about the world of Satan, not just an idyll of life. Now an MC with such a loyal and wise servant can do more than that. I didn't expect their new employer to turn out to be a villain. Maybe the action will gain momentum in the end, not just the slices of life.
Aug 20, 2022 6:53 AM

Jun 2020
Hm i'm getting a bit invested in the story again. Emi acting like a overprotective mom is amusing.
Aug 20, 2022 8:25 AM

Sep 2017
Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Everyone seemingly normal person outside of McDonalds end up being some super human or w/e
Aug 20, 2022 2:31 PM

May 2018
Camio is sooo kawaii UwU I want to pet him all day long
Aug 20, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2020
the girls helping out was nice. and new ally from the demon realm, woohooo!! idfk what else to comment on. idk if its just me but i feel like the show is losing its touch of humor. barely anything seems funny to me now, i thought it was bc of the animation but i dont think thats the case anymore
Aug 20, 2022 7:41 PM
Feb 2016
I like it because it has a lot of heartwarming moments that puts a smile on your face
Aug 21, 2022 2:08 AM

Aug 2017
Nice fanservice in this episode. I like the sexy new tan lady too.

Neneaux said:
I like Emi a lot. A lot a LOT. She's like a god tier tsundere leaning more on the soft side this season. Didn't forse Chiyo being the kinda annoying 3rd wheel worst girl when I liked her in S1.
Emi is a great tsundere. I like everyone in this show.
Aug 21, 2022 7:00 PM
Jan 2017
Yeah, we got another "setup" episode this week. Don't get me wrong, I like this show but sometimes it feels like it's just dragging its feet and indulging in slice-of-life stuff before the action picks up. We literally had to wait 4 episodes before something moved the story forward and I'm starting to this that the show has serious pacing problems.
Aug 21, 2022 9:39 PM
Aug 2013
By MonCap, Urushihara means Monster hunter right?
I think MonCap stands for Monster Capture
Aug 22, 2022 1:01 PM
Jun 2021
Eps 6 flies like falcon, i thought it gonna be fan service eps, but it doesnt seems like it.
Theres some interesting exposition and some predictable one.
Feels like this eps repeating the same formula like on previous one (eps 3).
Overall its an ok/good eps.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2022

81 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2022

126 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

220 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 4:12 AM

» Just not as funny as season 1?

AriBWeeb - Aug 11, 2022

24 by wildhood »»
Mar 24, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

75 by Zedz_c »»
Feb 21, 12:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.