Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 17, 2022 7:30 PM

Jul 2021
CrazyFrogz said:
shiro-seishun said:
Where to legally watch this?

NHK exclusivity deal, It will go up in the next two days on Crunchyroll and Bilibili asia.
owh, thanks for your information
Jul 17, 2022 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
Voted 3/5 but it was actually a 4/5 episode. Was spacing out while clicking.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the idea of Liella getting more members but guess Love Live wouldn't be Love Live if the same formula weren't repeated over and over again.
And as for the new members, I assumed Kinako would be the most boring one based on looks and personality but I now think she will be the one I will like the most. The others are... like too eccentric and chaotic. Not to mention it's the first episode and I already feel like punching Natsumi in the face.
Jul 17, 2022 9:58 PM

Jun 2021
Hey look. Hachikou! Good boy.

Oh no. Keke gonna have to go home? This'll get messy.

I liked seeking Kanon react to being called sempai. Reminds me of Yui.

Ahahaha. Oh Keke with her over-the-top banners and signs.
Jul 17, 2022 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
SouthRzVa said:
. Not to mention it's the first episode and I already feel like punching Natsumi in the face.

She is CEO and Oninutssssu
Jul 17, 2022 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of things happened in this episode that you can't pick which scene you would want to discuss, so yeah it's a great episode and all of the new characters are already showed up, also can't wait to see the ED theme song next week if ever they release it.
Jul 17, 2022 10:58 PM

Nov 2020
I'm still watching Nijigasaki S2 due to life being busy but I'll never complain about having even more Love Live to watch!

Really good intro for a 2nd season. I was worried about the cast being expanded this season since I enjoyed the different vibe of only 5 members so much, but I really like the new characters so far. Definitely very chaotic to say the least, but they all seem like fun additions.

I'm really appreciating just how different Superstar feels to the rest of Love Live. I wonder if by the end of this season if it will replace Nijigasaki as my favorite show to come from Love Live, we'll have to see!
Jul 18, 2022 1:08 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOOOO PEAK FICTION IS BACK. So happy to have my baby Sumire back, the new girls look amazing as well. Really gonna like Shiki a lot I can tell. Can’t wait to see where this season goes

Animation was great in this. Love live stans eating so good rn
Jul 18, 2022 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
This show is straight HEAT! I'm glad to see Chisato again. Not that the others aren't awesome, but she just gets me so dang hyped! And once again, I get to think about how Keke finds time, let alone the manpower and resources to make those colorful signs, banners, etc. I can also rate Kanon 10/10 for getting Kinako into the mix and losing her mind over the newfound senpai status!

As for the new characters, Kinako was nice and left quite the pleasant first impression. I can't say the same about the other three, but I'll trust the process that they will all come around to be amazing additions to the group.
Jul 18, 2022 2:54 AM
Aug 2020
Better than I expected and I love it! the new characters are so good! So far I like shiki and kinako.
Jul 18, 2022 3:21 AM

May 2021
All I can say is I'm very happy after waiting for 1 year its finally here. Also Shiki best girl
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Jul 18, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2014
I was both excited and nervous for this premiere. Excited because I adored the first season, with it being by far my favourite iteration of Love Live to date. But also nervous because of the introduction of the four new girls undoubtedly, inevitably massively shaking up the status quo. With all that said, this was a solid first episode for the second season, nicely balancing introducing the new girls (well, mostly, Shiki is just kind of there so far) with the existing five trying to recruit new members to help them push on to win Love Live this year.

My main complaint with the episode would be Shiki's role in getting Kinako to the rooftop to join the group. Partly because I'm unsure how she even knew what was going on to get involved cos they didn't bother showing her finding out about it (I'm guessing we're supposed to infer that Mei told her?), but also because I don't think Kinako needed to be actively forced to the rooftop at that point. I get the feeling they just wanted to show the other three new girls all kind of playing a part in Kinako reaching the rooftop, but Shiki's part in it definitely felt superfluous.

I'm also not overly happy with them just putting the "Keke has to leave" plotline on ice like that, but I'm not too surprised and they kind of had to do it to allow them to introduce the new girls first. It's also a preferable approach to playing semantics and saying that only applied to that first preliminary they got through and not the overall tournament, as my rewatch led me to suspect.

Current ranking of the new girls cos why not: Natsumi > Kinako > Mei > Shiki. I know she's the one that got the focus this week, but pleasantly surprised by Kinako so far. Meanwhile, I like Shiki about as little as I was expecting to so far, but hopefully she grows on me as she gets more screentime and eventually joins the group.
AtavisticJul 18, 2022 6:01 AM
Jul 18, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2017
Golly, it's been a year already. &++ I just got done re-watching the first season for a 2nd time in anticipation for this!

Alrighty, so I do remember saying I was a bit disappointed when they were going to have new characters in this season 'cause I really liked the 5 member dynamic (it was something different, y'know?).

Buuuuuut~ a fella did also say I would keep an open mind and I'm glad I did and will! And after watching this episode, it would be kind of strange if there wasn't at least one person who wasn't interested in joining Liella with the first years attending their school now.

The OP in this one is glorious. And I thought last season's was something special.

I like Kinako so far. She comes off as the most "normal" concerning the new girls. But golly, I have a feeling that science/technology geek is going to end up being my favourite (I'm one too).

I didn't know how to feel about Natsumi at first because I felt with what I read about her she'd be a lot like Sumire and if I didn't know any better, I would've thought they were related. If that leads to some big and little sister kind of relationship between 'em, then I'm all for it! Anyway, I have a good feeling about her so I'll wait to see how she (hopefully) shines!

Speaking of Sumire, I'm glad the banter between her and Keke is still in full effect.

Mei is exactly how I thought she'd be, lol. A fangirl who puts on a tough act. I like her though and she seems to have known Shiki since at least middle school. Also, major props to her seiyuu. My word, I know it's only one episode, but she's killing it so far!

You'd think with Liella's new fame they'd have applications pouring in, but it seems to have had the opposite effect. 😅 This episode ended on a good note though with Kinako joining. I'm looking forward to seeing how the other girls are going to end up joining too!~
Jul 18, 2022 10:11 AM

Nov 2019
Sweet return to Liella and they're senpais now (the senpai scene was hilarious)

Kinako lost sure helped her to build a connection to Kanon, I can't wait to see how close the two of them get

The other three girls seem to be quite the personalities, especially since I was sceptical first about them coming in and making this LL series like SIP and Sunshine, but they seem really fun

One member in, three more to grab~! Let's hope the first years clear their doubts and actually try to become idols that could fit in Liella with their senpai
Jul 18, 2022 1:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yay it's back and now we're getting a lot of new characters for the newest seiyuu from the agency most of the characters are definitely good so far especially for the character design, also the ending performance was incredible xD
Jul 18, 2022 2:46 PM
Jan 2021
I only have 1 concern: as seen from the music production, starting in Season 2, Liella will become the most realistic Love Live group and look like a school idol, even surpassing sμ's which actually feels too luxurious for a school idol, especially Aqours and Nijigasaki. For Love Live fans who are also looking for music, of course this will be disappointing and choose to go to another idol multimedia project, but for Love Live fans who really appreciate story-wise and world settings, this is very good news because your criticism has finally been heard.

Whatever it is, for me, this is crucial and arguably must be done in the midst of increasingly fierce competition and the fact that Love Live series, especially Liella, also "share staffs" with other idol multimedia projects.
Jul 18, 2022 10:51 PM
Jun 2013
I don't think I've seen an anime club rush from the perspective of the club members before. They were a bit overzealous at the start. but they were able to showoff their good side, so I'm glad Kinako was brave enough to join them.

Not happy about how obvious the other new members are (that's not new to LL, but it feels worse this time). red and blue stand out way too much amongst the rabble. blue and highlights didn't have any appeal this episode. red's got my eye though. Seems like she'll be switching between casual, fangirl, and cold personalities; at first I thought there were two reds.
Shades371Jul 18, 2022 11:02 PM
Anime exists
all is well
Jul 19, 2022 1:02 AM

Dec 2019
So, the new girls have way more personality than I was expecting. After an entire season of bland Niji characters and their excessive, pointless drama, it's so refreshing to have a LL series that's actually fun. I wish they had developed the main five a little more before adding to the cast though. But that's probably too much to ask for in this franchise.

Also, I think this might be the first time that school idols actually have a realistic dilemma regarding their club. The usual arc involves a scrappy little idol club that makes it big against all odds, or if they don't, inspires tons of dreams and thousands of fangirls to join their club or start their own. What's neat about this episode is that our girls aren't having trouble recruiting on account of some nefarious student council, past trauma, anti-idol prejudice or anything - it's simply because most of the student body is genuinely intimidated by these five extremely talented and passionate girls who came out of nowhere and nearly made it to the finals of a massive televised idol competition. It almost made me laugh when I realized what an obvious issue that should be in like every one of these.

There were a lot of original scenarios and character traits on display, paired with impeccable comedic timing. They even remembered to address Keke's whole dramatic hook that was set up last season. I'm so glad Superstar and its director are back. I expect this to be a very good season.
Jul 19, 2022 6:16 AM
May 2021
So this my first love live project anime and the 1st season was good I loved it and this 2nd one from the first episode isn’t bad but it feels weird adding some new characters after I got used to the first 5 in the 1st season.
I know the other love live anime there’s a lot of idols in the group but I kind of don’t want more than the 5 we already had.
It feels a little off putting to add new characters but as the first love live anime I saw I feel like they did a good job showing new comers to the love live project animes like me that they’re adding new characters.
Overall I’m glad to have love live superstar back and I’m interested to see how they deal with the new characters.
Jul 19, 2022 8:56 AM

May 2020
Exciting start of the season, hilarious and brilliant introduction for the 1st year, especially Kinako and Mei first encounter lol. As expected a banger song from Liella in this episode; OP and insert song. Overall visually stunning and sounds beautiful. Also we got a super gadget blue hair girl Shiki.
Jul 19, 2022 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
I feel like Superstar uses a bit different formula on cast.
I would call it "Kohai Offspring".
With Kinako being child of Kanon and Keke, Mei of Keke and Chisato, Natsumi of Chisato and Sumire, Shiki of Sumire(?) and Ren.
I mean personalities and images wise.
Not sure if I like it or not. They were fine with "5 members" but classic "9 members" was already used twice as-is and re-imagined with Nijigasaki.
Jul 19, 2022 2:55 PM

Nov 2016
I'm glad, no I'm ecstatic that I'm getting my Love Live dose this summer as well. The first season of Superstar was already fun and this one added even more crazy characters, I love it hahaha. Great start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 2022 3:01 PM

May 2018
ngl I think 9 members is too much like the previous series. But still I think it's good :D
Jul 19, 2022 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
For some reason I didn't pay much attention to S1 but after re watching it is probably my favorite group of LL girls, being honest I got a bit upset to know they were going to add more members since I found a 5 people group to be perfect, more than enough time for everyone and the former member had great chemistry but oh well, this episode was super fun and the new girls seems interesting enough, specially Mei, she seems like a 10/10 and her very first scene was great, as long as there aren't like a hundred regular girls like on Nijigasaki I guess it should be fine.
Jul 19, 2022 6:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow, what a banger first episode to bring back LL Superstar! This definitely wasn’t short of funny moments, so much greatness between our classic Liella girls while also getting slowly introduced to the new girls of this season, it’s a colorful bunch too (literally lol), we got a country girl, an inventor/science girl, a Liella fanatic that hides her fixation around others looks like, and a YouTuber girl lol, a lot to take in there, I definitely didn’t know what to expect with them but I like them already.

I’ll say I don’t think this show needed more club members, one of the things I loved about the first season was the smaller cast to allow for more focus on each girl, but I understand why we’re getting new girls of course and I’m sure I’ll like them all the same, I am wondering who my favorite of them will be, of course Sumire is still my fav in general lol.

And wow that performance at the end, what a strong introduction to the new season, my reaction was much like Kinako lol, so good. Needless to say, I’m very excited for more Superstar goodness, and more LL in general after Nijigasaki last season! Also wow that OP, another one that will be stuck in my head forever lol, and the visuals were awesome!
TheColonel76Jul 19, 2022 6:45 PM
Jul 19, 2022 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
okay...4 new pu$$ies! i meant recruits!
lolz Kanon-chan is so excited on being called -sempai! lolz
4/5.

Jul 20, 2022 3:49 AM

Dec 2008
Keke!!! she's back! Although, after watching Zombieland Saga I will never watch any idol shows in the same way.
May the Uguu be with you.

Jul 20, 2022 5:12 AM
Mar 2018
Going back to the end of season 1, I wish we could've gotten at least a snippet of Sunny Passion's performance. I feel like that would make their 2nd place finish not feel too bad and rectify last season's ending. They even showed the picture for Hot Passion which must've been their performance. I was thinking maybe at least they could've made a PV video like certain other singles get. Back before Hot Passion came out I double checked but no such CD+BD, only the music. I feel like that was missed opportunity for sure. Otherwise it was still a fun episode and am looking forward to continue watching.
Jul 20, 2022 4:02 PM

Feb 2017
woooo so glad this is back! more LL is always welcome. kanon getting excited at being called senpai was so cute lol. new girls are super cute as well, i never read anything about them so i have really been looking forward to this season

placeholder text
Jul 20, 2022 4:04 PM
Dec 2020
Absolutely LOVED this episode.

I'm really happy none of the new members can be boiled down to singular tropes or anything like that, they're already multi-layered from the get-go.
Kinako is the purest, most adorable cinnamon roll and I LOVE HER. She's a bit awkward but she's not socially inept or introverted to the point of staying holed up.
Mei is very blunt and direct which I did not expect but I very much love. She doesn't play around.
Shiki is... pretty mysterious with her gizmos and her being very perceptive of what's going on with everyone.
Natsumi seems to not be someone that has just her on-off L-Tuber personalities, but actually can behave normally and have normal conversations with people as well. Already dislike her less than I thought I would.

I only have 2 issues so far.
1) Why is Keke so antagonistic to Sumire *genuinely* wanting to help her, it drives me NUTS.
2) Kinda weird that Kanon has a better chemistry with Kinako than with her literal childhood friend Chisato...

Anyway, loved the direction of this first episode and can't wait for the rest!
Jul 21, 2022 4:10 PM
Apr 2022
Apart from some noticeable 3D awkwardness, I found myself enjoying this show.

A question to ask to LL veterans and fans of other Idol shows: they all seem to take place in all-girls schools? I think 22/7 and Bang Series also take place in all-girls schools? What about mixed schools, like Heroine? Any recommendations for a mixed-sexes idol high school show?

Much appreciated!
Jul 21, 2022 8:09 PM

Oct 2015
Looks like it's going to be a cool ride. Kinako is hilarious already, love the song they performed for her. It looks like we'll have lively new members this season.

So girls didn't want to join up with the idol club because they were intimidated, that's awesome.
lihle808Jul 21, 2022 8:12 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 26, 2022 1:45 AM

Nov 2012
So Kanon is literally forcing Kinako to join them without asking her what she thinks about Liella and SI

They're probably solving this sh*t next ep

I read some stuff about Keke being too abusive with Sumire but nah, no drama, they're like that since S1

Good ep, I hope this season wont be as awful as Nijigasaki S2 was for me

My Candies:

Aug 1, 2022 1:45 PM

Jun 2021
So many sweet moments already in the first half, Kinako's shy / freaked out reactions were an unexpected nice surprise, and it's cool to see Kanon flattered by being called senpai.

All in all, this is a accurate representation of a first day of a high school's first day lesson of the year, for the atmosphere and old and new students talking to each other, maybe except for Shiki that pops out of nowhere in both her appearances (and seriously, she's a freshman and probably just 15 years old and... what has she invented to make Kinako run that way to the rooftop?)

Heard something too about Keke allegedly bullying Sumire, but for now "bullying" is an exaggerated word, even if the former is still my least favorite of Liella. Good at creating banners and decorations, but still not with the best attitude.

So... nobody wants to join the idol club thinking they're not good enough? Well, everybody already knows this situation won't last but it will be interesting to discover how, between the live-streaming obsessed Natsumi that ends with a Nozomi-like speech and Mei that seems to be the more interesting of the new girls, and in particular i enjoy her quirks of not wearing properly her school uniform

Can understand people who preferred Liella to stay as a five piece group, but still optimistic that making them nine as the first two sets of main characters of the franchise can be good for them.
Aug 4, 2022 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
So you guys lack clowns, so you just add 4? Well, yes it's true you guys lack clown, but idk about all of the new members being clowns (although technically it's 2 bokke, 1 tsukkomi, and 1 double role).
At least this is a right step towards returning this series back into what makes them "Love Live" in the first place.
Aug 12, 2022 9:26 AM
Aug 2022
obra maestra 20/10 y god
Aug 22, 2022 1:03 AM

Aug 2017
I like the original girls a lot. New OP is so so, new ED I didn't like. Love Live is the best idol anime though.

Looks like four new girls: former fatty from the boonies, social media addict, scientist and red haired crank. I only like the scientist, but what kind of nerd becomes an idol?

The momentum from season 1 is so strong that I'll end up liking this no matter what. Great production value.
Sep 20, 2022 10:49 PM
Nov 2020
animation was good, humour was fun! it felt a little rushed at times but maybe that's just me
Sep 26, 2022 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
What the hell kind of contrived development is this? She pretty much forced the new girl into joining the group. There's absolutely no reason for Kanon to care so much about making this girl in particular to join the group other than the fact that the plot demands it. Once again everything was rushed and underwhelming.
Oct 17, 2022 7:41 PM
Oct 2022
ถามออกมาได้ค่อนข้างดีตามมาตรฐานของซีรีส์ แต่ก็มีบทบางส่วนที่ดูน่ารำคาญอยู่บ้าง
Dec 13, 2023 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
Just can't break the continuity. When there's nine, everything is fine.

The new girls seem really fun. I felt it with SunPa, but the character designs & personas are starting to feel more like Aikatsu & PriPara. Kinako's clumsy antics were especially fun & reminded me of Keke. For a moment, I even thought they might be sisters. With Liella's rise to fame, I'm seeing where Superstar comes into play.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 9, 2022

93 by Tokisaki_Yue »»
Feb 11, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

42 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:01 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 31, 2022

36 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:16 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Oct 2, 2022

48 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.