Forum Settings
Forums

what powers, skills abilities would you want if isekai

New
Jul 12, 2022 6:41 AM
Feb 2018
I watch a lot of isekai and read a lot of light novel and now manga and I was thinking if a god appear before me telling me i was getting isekai to you average medieval world with magic what skill, magic or abilities would I ask for  here mu list

summoning/ taming/ golem control and construction it maybe safer to let something else fight a dangerous enemy or make up for an ability you couldn't get or forgot to ask for. I even go so far as to pick up necromancy especially if it a world with a truly evil race/species (like in goblin slayer where the goblins have to redeeming qualities) i could kill and re-animate these evil creature and thrown back at their own kind.

basic health or mana upgrades disease resistance and the like

basic elemental magic 

what would you pick?
Paladin23Dec 28, 2022 12:59 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 12, 2022 6:56 AM

Jun 2016
The traditional alchemic ability of gold generation. I will just need to be conservative with it so it doesn't cause an inflation and tank the economy.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 12, 2022 7:01 AM

Nov 2018
The ability to pull some bitches and make a harem

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 12, 2022 7:06 AM
Feb 2018
Theo1899 said:
The traditional alchemic ability of gold generation. I will just need to be conservative with it so it doesn't cause an inflation and tank the economy.
that sound cool. I reading a manga Slow life in another world (I wish) the mc pick the skill pocket change that give him money everyday along with alchemy
Jul 12, 2022 7:16 AM

May 2020
Having the powers of my forum avatar & profile pic will be cool if you ask me.

Also, any power that can potentially make me rich like Myne's knowledge about books or something.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jul 12, 2022 7:17 AM

Dec 2020
I've always wanted aokiji's devil fruit from one piece. I would just freeze the ocean and bike ride my way across the world. Or freeze an entire district and rob a bank or something. Can kill anyone instantly by freezing and breaking, no one can touch me unless haki exists lol.

Jul 12, 2022 11:36 AM
Feb 2018
Hitagi__Furude said:

Also, any power that can potentially make me rich like Myne's knowledge about books or something.
having kurumi power and some type of knowledge skill would be make an overpowered combo
Jul 12, 2022 11:42 AM
Feb 2018
Minute_Hand said:
I've always wanted aokiji's devil fruit from one piece. I would just freeze the ocean and bike ride my way across the world. Or freeze an entire district and rob a bank or something. Can kill anyone instantly by freezing and breaking, no one can touch me unless haki exists lol.
freezing power would be handy although I don't know much about one piece
Jul 12, 2022 12:13 PM

Aug 2018
I want Naofumi's ability to be right even when I am wrong.
Jul 12, 2022 12:15 PM

Feb 2010
I wanna be able to manifest weed and coke and other drugs at will. Also good, ice-cold cocktails. With powers like that it's only a matter of time until I rise through the social circles of any world. And even if I don't, I'm still gonna have a blast.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 12, 2022 12:42 PM

Dec 2015
After watching Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road, I have completely changed my stance on powers I would like to receive in isekai.

Anything that has an unlimited progression or infinite potential is a big no-no. Powers like turn any x into y, could easily evolve into being able to affect concepts like time or reality. Imagine messing up the timeline or rewriting some basic rules of the universe and not knowing how to return anything back to normal. Also loosing control of the powers would not be fun.

Even if the powers had a limit on the progression, I would try to avoid anything that could grant me immortality, unless I had some kind of trustworthy anchor to keep my sanity or stop the power from working. Though, the duration of normal human life seems too small for me, so I wouldn't mind prolonging it.

What the powers should then have? It has to be effective in majority of situations and it has to protect me flawlessly. You never know in what kind of a situation you can end up with. Something abstract like ''While having the will to live, nothing can stop me''. So I prolong my life, succeed at least at something and will die after the passion ends. Though, this does not rule out the possibility of me becoming evil maniac, who wants to be an eternal tyrant.

If I was guaranteed that nothing bad, which my current self would react negatively towards, would ever happen with my powers, then I would of course choose something fun like manipulating time.
Jul 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Dec 2015
If I would be isekaied first of all I wouldn't know what type of world I be in so I'd be happy to keep my own personal experience form Buhurt and Shooting sports, when it comes to powers most likely I'd love to have Gremmy's power from Bleach TYBW where he put he put his imagination/his thoughts into reality.

If this would be too much most likely I would go to some sort of time manipulation like Kiristugu has in Fate/Zero but without such effects to heart so I would be able to fasten myself to some degree and slown enemies or myself to some degree which could be improven it would come in handy while having a clash with sword&shield or any sort of gun/rifle.
Jul 12, 2022 1:13 PM

Jul 2020
Superhuman strength and eternal youth. A lot to ask for, but I don't need much else.

I don't know the language? I don't know another world's customs? Who's gonna complain to me when I can punch a mountain to dust in front of their eyes? Sheer force and violence can speak louder than words. Other people will do all the thinking and tip-toeing around for me. Just give me a roof, three meals, and a nap every day, and I'll take care of all the menial labor. I'll get used to everything else as they come.

IF I were to tone it down a bit...then maybe something like a persuasion check? Like, whatever I do or say, I'm more likely to convince people to my cause.
BurningCarnationJul 12, 2022 1:24 PM
Jul 12, 2022 1:21 PM
Sep 2019
Hmm guess it depends on the world. If has magic and creatures with powers and everything I definitely wouldn't mind the predator/great sage combo. But predator would be kinda useless if it's all normal people
Jul 12, 2022 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
What cjessop said about being able to create my own harem.
Jul 12, 2022 7:45 PM

May 2020
Paladin23 said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

having kurumi power and some type of knowledge skill would be make an overpowered combo

I mean, just think about that.
You can make some business type of opportunities with that type of knowledge & you can multiply yourself everywhere.(EZ big information network + potential business partners.)
& not to mention, finding the real you when somebody wants to kill you since you can switch consciousness with your clones at will.

Not to mention, very overpowered at night.
& i didnt even mention the time abilities yet.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jul 13, 2022 11:56 AM

Feb 2022
Definitely enslavement magic, for starters.
Jul 13, 2022 12:19 PM

Aug 2020
I want it so I'm unable to be hurt or killed or die of hunger/disease/freezing/etc., that's the minimum baseline (dying of old age is fine). Fuck getting stabbed for being a foreigner or for getting caught up in some dumb local conflict, or starved to death or mauled by whatever fantasy creatures exist there.

And if magic exists in that world, I want the affinity to be able to learn it, because studying magic sounds fun.

Everything else (language, how to make a living, how to study magic, romance, how to evade any potential chosen one tropes, etc.) I'll figure out on my own. A world where everything is handed to me sounds boring, and I don't like the idea of being overpowered anyways. I just wanna make sure I don't die to stupid shit while I get used to that world, that's enough.
Jul 13, 2022 1:01 PM
Feb 2018
ChouunShiryuu said:
is that so you don't have to kill bandits and monsters or is it for your harem building?
Jul 13, 2022 1:05 PM
Feb 2018
SleepySera said:
I want it so I'm unable to be hurt or killed or die of hunger/disease/freezing/etc., that's the minimum baseline (dying of old age is fine). Fuck getting stabbed for being a foreigner or for getting caught up in some dumb local conflict, or starved to death or mauled by whatever fantasy creatures exist there.

And if magic exists in that world, I want the affinity to be able to learn it, because studying magic sounds fun.

Everything else (language, how to make a living, how to study magic, romance, how to evade any potential chosen one tropes, etc.) I'll figure out on my own. A world where everything is handed to me sounds boring, and I don't like the idea of being overpowered anyways. I just wanna make sure I don't die to stupid shit while I get used to that world, that's enough.
not a bad selection getting isekai a lot easier if you know the basic about the society and not worried about dying of the bat if the god has to dump you off in a wasteland or dangerous forest far way from civilization
Jul 13, 2022 1:36 PM

Feb 2021
Finally a person that calls themselves an isekai fan that actually reads LNs instead of being a normie manga reader.
Jul 13, 2022 2:11 PM
Feb 2018
MadanielFL said:
Finally a person that calls themselves an isekai fan that actually reads LNs instead of being a normie manga reader.
light novels go into deeper depths that even manga don't go like death march to a parallel world rhapsody and in another world with my smartphone Satou and Touya are different in the anime, manga and light novel although with more ecchi series the manga most likely just a bit better
Jul 13, 2022 7:51 PM

Aug 2016
Reality warping.

Game. Set. Match.
Jul 14, 2022 2:38 AM

Feb 2022
Paladin23 said:
ChouunShiryuu said:
is that so you don't have to kill bandits and monsters or is it for your harem building?

for the harem, no way am I letting bandits live. Have to do some good for society sometime. Becoming rimuru is acceptable too lol
Jul 14, 2022 2:53 AM

May 2020
I'd want to world to be like nobody is aging like in Gintama or Saiki K.
I also wanted psychic abilites. I'd like fire and ice abilities too.
Jul 14, 2022 3:47 AM

May 2019
how about the power to be happy⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jul 14, 2022 4:19 AM
Feb 2018
ChouunShiryuu said:
Paladin23 said:

for the harem, no way am I letting bandits live. Have to do some good for society sometime. Becoming rimuru is acceptable too lol
I agreed no mercy for most bandits but what worse death or a life of back breaking slave labor especially if the former bandit held in slavery by enslavement magic or collar
Jul 14, 2022 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
Time-looping, human lifespan is just too small, imagine what you can achieve with thousands of years of knowledge and experience.
Jul 14, 2022 12:50 PM

Feb 2022
Paladin23 said:
I agreed no mercy for most bandits but what worse death or a life of back breaking slave labor especially if the former bandit held in slavery by enslavement magic or collar

Haha you know what, you're right. There's also the economic considerations, gotta feed myself and the waifus with their labour too
Jul 14, 2022 12:52 PM

Feb 2021
To heal all who ask for the help, be it human or animal.
Jul 14, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2022
All I need is the power of friendship.

Seriously. Like if I could just magically befriend everyone there would literally be no problems for me.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jul 14, 2022 1:13 PM
Feb 2018
ChouunShiryuu said:
Paladin23 said:

Haha you know what, you're right. There's also the economic considerations, gotta feed myself and the waifus with their labour too
throw in a skill that allows you to give your slaves both waifus and bandits skills would also be very handy like one bandit now your carpenter, one a cook, one a guard and so one and so forth
Jul 14, 2022 1:14 PM
Feb 2018
-Marce said:
that sounds great it like Asia from High school DXD
Jul 14, 2022 1:27 PM

Feb 2022
Paladin23 said:
throw in a skill that allows you to give your slaves both waifus and bandits skills would also be very handy like one bandit now your carpenter, one a cook, one a guard and so one and so forth

yeah, without that It's dungeon mining for the poor bastards lol
Jul 14, 2022 1:39 PM

Jul 2017
What a sad thread, lmao.
This is what Shinzo Abe feared the most.
あなたは誰?
Jul 14, 2022 2:24 PM

Feb 2021
NorthmostIsle said:
All I need is the power of friendship.

Seriously. Like if I could just magically befriend everyone there would literally be no problems for me.

It is too of course!
Paladin23 said:
-Marce said:
that sounds great it like Asia from High school DXD

Yes, it is amazing!
Mar 15, 2023 12:41 PM
Feb 2018
Having watch and reading a few more isekai I got a few more abilities I might like first online shopping got the idea from campfire cooking in Another world. Second village creation got from a mahawa the amazing village creator slow living with the building cheat skill and finally a gacha skill like from backstabbing in a backwater dungeon 

Mar 15, 2023 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
epidemia78 said:
I want Naofumi's ability to be right even when I am wrong.

Lol.

I play a druid right now in a dnd campaign and that wildshape ability plus the magic is awesome, so...
I'd be so mad tho, if I came into a generic isekai world, where a harem awaits me. I want to explore the world and write down what kind of creatures I find. I might take a romantic side quest, but I hope for a well-written, interesting setting in first place.
Mar 15, 2023 5:24 PM

Mar 2021
At any rate, I don't want to die in the beginning, so I'd like to have skills that allow me to understand other world languages and a good amount of physical strength...

Mar 16, 2023 3:33 AM

Dec 2013
Having an indepth understanding of all languages in the world I've been isekaid in.

As for a talent, I'd like Mariko's vectors, from Elfen Lied. Minus the wheel chair.
Mar 24, 2023 6:24 AM
Feb 2018
kihel said:
At any rate, I don't want to die in the beginning, so I'd like to have skills that allow me to understand other world languages and a good amount of physical strength...
not bad picks question is that human languages or that include dragons, other mythical creatures that may not be humanoid? 
Mar 24, 2023 6:25 AM

Jan 2009
"one above all" ability if that is even possible lol instant win
Mar 24, 2023 6:30 AM
Feb 2018
deg said:
where is that skill from?  is it from a manga or manhwa
Mar 24, 2023 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
Paladin23 said:
deg said:

nah i just thought of the most powerful Marvel character with that lol
Mar 24, 2023 6:33 AM
Feb 2018
deg said:
Paladin23 said:

nah i just thought of the most powerful Marvel character with that lol

cool it sounds like a good skill. cap limit
Aug 22, 2023 1:37 PM
Feb 2018
I have been think a lot on this subject and some type of isekai shop that allow me to spend money. Mp, HP, SP or XP for items seem like a good ability to have especially if you can sell as well as if you are trapped in a dungeon selling the cores, drops or meat for item would allow you to keep going until your are out or rescued 
Aug 22, 2023 1:46 PM

Mar 2019
I wish I could go back in time, without having to die for it like Subaru and Shinpei of course. 🕖
Aug 22, 2023 1:56 PM

May 2018
Conjure food/ingredients out of thin air. I wouldn't need anything more.

Aug 22, 2023 1:57 PM

Dec 2021
some cheat skill like power replication or enhancing my abilities
mason_blackAug 22, 2023 2:01 PM
"Tits don't make the woman. It's the ass." - Darx
Aug 22, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2011
mind control, healing and some type of physical combat ability
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 9 hours ago

24 by kusairo »»
1 minute ago

» Best brown haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 2

23 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 25 minutes ago

8 by 707supremacist »»
6 minutes ago

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime?

RobertBobert - 8 hours ago

47 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» How much anime is too much

ST63LTH - 7 hours ago

35 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.