Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 10, 2022 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
First episode is kinda cute with characters like Charlotte making her graceful appearance. Physically, Falma doesn't make much of an impression but he has talent behind those brains of his.

It has the isekai tropes but this one has the addition of medicines. Prettys sure show is going to be very dependant on Falma's skills. The animation looks decent with its character designs similar to the manga.
Jul 10, 2022 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Liz Takayama's only work that bears a striking resemblance to Mushoku Tensei in both wording and feeling, it's certainly that close semblance of emotion since this is a Syosetu adaptation.

31-year-old Kanji Yakutani being a medical professor, associate, pharmacologist and researcher to conduct experiments day in and day out, and his death coming in due to typical stress and overwork, to only be reincarnated as Farma de Médicis, a child that's taken care of by maidservant Charlotte "Lotte" Soller whom got struck by lightning and survived.

The fantasy world's form of magic: Shinjutsu a.k.a Divine Arts, and somehow in the memory loss, Farma has forgotten how to use it. And in the same similar vein of Rudeus, using water as a test of his powers that stems from the thunder-like vein marks on his arms: the god of medicine Panactheos.

In accordance to Farma's well-renowned and distinguished de Médicis pharmacist family with father Bruno (whom at random, spews out quizzes for constant memory retraining), mother Beatrice and younger sister Blanche, and most certainly his personal tutor-cum-top apprentice pharmacologist Eléonore "Elen" Bonnefoi, re-teaching Farma on the Divine Arts that requires a Divine Wand that amplifies Divine Power. It's a given that Farma would somehow be OP as heck, indeed he's blessed by Panactheos, the power that cannot be divulged in any circumstance that also has a hidden secret: being able to notice injuries that glow blue and causes in white, the Divine Eye. But being a soul that has no shadow, that's easily the scariest part.

Just admit it: this is outright plainly Mushoku Tensei, but if only made in a pharmacy-like world. Regardless of how you see this show, it's gonna be one of the noteworthy better Isekai shows of the season.
KANLen09Jul 10, 2022 7:40 AM
Jul 10, 2022 6:04 AM

Feb 2020
This seems already a lot better than Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore.

Pretty good start. Much more interesting than I expected.

SerafosJul 10, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 10, 2022 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
So far it seems pretty interesting but and the characters are pretty funny so far.
The maid is a bit to happy with every thing she does and it seems the instructor doesn't know what's going on, the main needs to convince her of his innocence it seems.
The family seems nice but high status usually means some form of trouble down the line.
I am looking forward to see how this will turn out.
Jul 10, 2022 6:45 AM

Apr 2016
That was a heavy start, i guess right out of the bat we have a pretty good grasp of why the main-kun is so adamant on studying and researching medicine ... because of his sister. But never mind that, he is a posh shota now, surrounded by cute girls ... BECAUSE WHY NOT. He also got a new sister.

Next thing, literally copied Fates magic crest on mc-kun arm lol. Seems nice for now, we'll see whats in this.
Jul 10, 2022 7:03 AM
Dec 2021
loved it so far it's gonna be a chill anime but what was the ending? why is she so scared like bruh it really creeped me out.
Jul 10, 2022 7:21 AM
Apr 2022
undeadkingainz said:
loved it so far it's gonna be a chill anime but what was the ending? why is she so scared like bruh it really creeped me out.

I mean, I think if Jesus Christ shows up tomorrow people will be 2,000,000 times more freaked out than her. Seems like he is the equivalent of Pharmaceutical Jesus Christ in this world.

So far it's an interesting premise. I wonder how this one will go. But honestly I am getting a bit sick of how every isekai nowadays the MC has to have close to God power but has to pretend to be a regular average joe. Like, goddamn if you want to write a God character then actually do that.
Jul 10, 2022 7:40 AM

Apr 2014
undeadkingainz said:

As she said before, anyone who can do it is either god or a monster. And, the scariest point is Farma doesn't have a shadow.
So, if you found people without shadows in daylight. What will you think? They could be a ghost or something supernatural.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 10, 2022 8:13 AM
Jul 2022
nice picture and the beginning of the story is very tense
Jul 10, 2022 8:19 AM

Jun 2021
So the kid literally has godlike powers huh? And I guess no shadow too which is weird, though I suspect that’s to do with the fact he’s been reborn in this body. No surprise Elen freaked out. I wonder how Lotte would react.

While the medical knowledge in this world may seem backwards, I wonder if that has to do with the existence of magic. Or maybe this world is just really backward in that regard. That’s definitely going to change now that our mc is on the scene. Magic wielding Doogie Howser is about to revolutionize medicine in this world with his op magic and knowledge of modern medicine lol.

All in all, not bad. Seems like this might be a fun series. Elen and Lotte are both waifus so that’s a plus. I’ll check out a few more eps but I think I’ll be following this one too. My watchlist continues to grow haha.
Jul 10, 2022 8:21 AM

Mar 2021
Good opening episode looking forward to the rest of the series
Jul 10, 2022 8:22 AM

Sep 2019
Falma is similar to Rudeus, but in a different world without the lewd behavior, as he can cast a spell without chanting. And Charlotte is so adorable, she is waifu material.
Jul 10, 2022 8:23 AM

Mar 2016
Already stated here, this one looks like another isekai we had in summer of last year, Drug Store in Another World, but I hope this one does get good, had this on my radar just for one guy: Wataru Watari, while he's not the author of the novel, is listed as script and series composition for the anime, so there's that.
For now this doesn't look stacked with a bunch of stupid characters that make me wanna drop this (unlike the other anime), it looks there's a story, not a good one, but for me is a start. So yeah, I'll keep an eye on this one.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 10, 2022 8:44 AM
May 2021
Wow just wow. I liked it's 1st episode so much man. Really unique isekai + that medical God thing and that no shadow at end + his tutor got freaked out like hell gave me chills bruh. Will be looking forward to this
Jul 10, 2022 9:01 AM
Jun 2020
What a cheat this MC got, and this episode finale shows why it's better hide it.
Jul 10, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 2015
Apratim said:
...Really unique isekai + that medical God thing and that no shadow at end + his tutor got freaked out like hell gave me chills bruh...

I'm sorry for asking. I sometimes don't get how what other people say is actually meant. But ... you are being sarcastic here, right?
Jul 10, 2022 9:26 AM
Sep 2015
I kinda hope our hero doesn't have all that superpower, I think this anime has a potential to pull it off based on his intelligence alone, which has a cutting edge medicine knowledge from a modern world. But not only his superpower is too much he breaks Divine Art, he also has an x-ray eye. So it instantly falls into a normal isekai genre, which is such a shame because I thought I'm gonna witness an anime with serious pharmacological knowledge.

Anyway his dad = DILF so I forgive all the negative side of this anime.
Jul 10, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2008
One of the few isekai that actually has a theme more than just another fantasy rpg game. It's nice to see a character that has modern knowledge that isn't just highschool trivia.

If there's anything for me to nitpick at it's that the character designs are boringly generic.
Jul 10, 2022 9:35 AM

Oct 2013
- Is a Doctor
- Sleep 46min a day
- Die of exhaustion
*surprised Pikachu face*

Well I'm in for another op MC, count me in
Apothicary / pharmacist is not a bad trend I guess
TitadouJul 10, 2022 9:39 AM
Jul 10, 2022 9:38 AM

Jul 2009
Silent_Shadow05 said:
So the kid literally has godlike powers huh? And I guess no shadow too which is weird, though I suspect that’s to do with the fact he’s been reborn in this body. No surprise Elen freaked out. I wonder how Lotte would react.

While the medical knowledge in this world may seem backwards, I wonder if that has to do with the existence of magic. Or maybe this world is just really backward in that regard. That’s definitely going to change now that our mc is on the scene. Magic wielding Doogie Howser is about to revolutionize medicine in this world with his op magic and knowledge of modern medicine lol.

All in all, not bad. Seems like this might be a fun series. Elen and Lotte are both waifus so that’s a plus. I’ll check out a few more eps but I think I’ll be following this one too. My watchlist continues to grow haha.

Heavy spoiler
bruh
Jul 10, 2022 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Aside from Kanji's backstory and the medical backround, so far it seems like isekai power fantasy all the way. I will still stick with this show because we haven't reached the interesting part yet(at least according to the synopsis)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2022 9:49 AM
Dec 2021
AkeZZZ said:
undeadkingainz said:

As she said before, anyone who can do it is either god or a monster. And, the scariest point is Farma doesn't have a shadow.
So, if you found people without shadows in daylight. What will you think? They could be a ghost or something supernatural.

what I think is that after seeing the mark on his arm, she should have seen it as a gift from the God bestowed upon him. not get scared of him but maybe that is the point of this anime.
Jul 10, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
At least they get rid of the cringy french incantation
bruh
Jul 10, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2021
Dickegrobe said:
Apratim said:
...Really unique isekai + that medical God thing and that no shadow at end + his tutor got freaked out like hell gave me chills bruh...

I'm sorry for asking. I sometimes don't get how what other people say is actually meant. But ... you are being sarcastic here, right?
No, I am not being sarcastic. I really liked it 😂😂
Jul 10, 2022 10:31 AM
Feb 2022
solid 1st eps, i was hooked

really wish that they really explore medical facts along the way not just some magic in action
Jul 10, 2022 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
Heheh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 10, 2022 11:00 AM
Jun 2019
A pretty interesting start to this anime, and suprisingly, unlike most isekai protagonists in their past lives, this one was actually a perfectly functioning member of society. He even had a job and was great at it.

The animation was nothing really noteworthy, but it's pretty bearable unlike a specific anime airing this season.

I'm excited to see how Farma, or is it Falma, will resolve his current conflict regarding his status as a "monster."
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 10, 2022 11:14 AM
May 2021
Near the end of the episode, she broke her glasses. She broke her glasses again after not wearing them at episode's end. I wonder what happened there...

Aside from that, I really liked the first episode! It jives with me so well since I'm finishing up a PhD in biochemistry and going into medical writing for my career! I loved their attention to detail as the main character was writing about media commonly used to grow human cell lines in the lab.

I can't wait to see more!
Jul 10, 2022 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, this was absolutely incredible. I was looking forward to this one, but I didn't expect it to be this good. I'm a big fan now. It's something similar to Kamihiro, Eight son and bookworm, but feels better.

Looks like my favorite of the season and a future novel to pick up.
Jul 10, 2022 11:23 AM

May 2013
Reina ueda really likes being casted for isekai it seems. Welp fine start, if this will actually focus more on SoL and being comfy I'm willing to continue watching it.
Jul 10, 2022 11:26 AM

Dec 2021
I didn't have high expectations but that was surprisingly very good. Firstly, we actually got to see the main character before they get isekaied, which is really rare. Then there was the waking up and learning other world basics bit which was generic but ok. But the way they've revealed his powers was actually really good. The thing with the shadow is really interesting as well. Can't wait for episode 2.
Jul 10, 2022 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
So this concept was definitely better executed here than in that show a couple seasons ago. This had a mushoku tensei/saint’s magic type of air to it and the MC seems to be really likeable so far. I love the concept of an MC being OP not in combat, but in healing.

The isekai genre has so much potential for exploring the scientific, medical and economic repercussions of being isekai’d but we don’t see it explored enough. So this is pretty refreshing. Only complaint I had was how annoying Elen was when farma power level was revealed like dude stfu and let him talk.
Marinate1016Jul 10, 2022 11:47 AM
Jul 10, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2021
This anime is good unlike other pharmaceutical/medical genre anime, i might get hooked
Jul 10, 2022 11:54 AM
Feb 2015
Sloppier execution of 薬屋のひとりごと. No appeal outside of being a common genre that attracts a large number of people. Lazy writing, even the MC's name has to have the kanji for medicine in it before he's reincarnated, because dumb viewers can't understand it. Then when he is reincarnated his name is フアルマ (Farma as in Pharmacist) The exact setting itself isn't unique either. It had been done several times before on the 小説家になろう user submitted web novel site.

At least this series had the guts to provide an emotional hook as to why people should even like the MC before reincarnation, instead of making him an audience cardboard cutout. It was crude but still preferable to nothing.
Jul 10, 2022 12:05 PM
May 2021
3f3auy4 said:
Sloppier execution of 薬屋のひとりごと. No appeal outside of being a common genre that attracts a large number of people. Lazy writing, even the MC's name has to have the kanji for medicine in it before he's reincarnated, because dumb viewers can't understand it. Then when he is reincarnated his name is フアルマ (Farma as in Pharmacist) The exact setting itself isn't unique either. It had been done several times before on the 小説家になろう user submitted web novel site.

At least this series had the guts to provide an emotional hook as to why people should even like the MC before reincarnation, instead of making him an audience cardboard cutout. It was crude but still preferable to nothing.

I think you'll find that the manga adds a lot more details that make the characters more understandable. There's a whole bunch of details in the manga that the anime removes. For example, the fact that the professor died of a heart attack and the fact his sister had a brain tumour.

Doesn't make it an excuse for the anime to ignore those little details.
Jul 10, 2022 12:28 PM
Feb 2015
Mightyputty said:

I think you'll find that the manga adds a lot more details that make the characters more understandable. There's a whole bunch of details in the manga that the anime removes. For example, the fact that the professor died of a heart attack and the fact his sister had a brain tumour.

Doesn't make it an excuse for the anime to ignore those little details.

These bits were included, or at least not hard to understand though? I'm still of the opinion the story should be interesting prior to reincarnation and this one still felt rushed/cruder than it needed to be. It'd be nice if writers/directors had confidence to spend more time on pre-isekai stuff instead of just running straight towards the nearest trope goalpost to secure their expected audience.
Jul 10, 2022 12:30 PM
Jul 2015
SHINOBI-03 said:
Heheh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Haha, I stopped there, too. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the episode were a treasure trove for innuendo jokes. They just didn't utilise any of it :-(
Jul 10, 2022 12:36 PM
Jul 2015
3f3auy4 said:
... instead of just running straight towards the nearest trope goalpost to secure their expected audience.

At least they let the MC take his modern-world knowledge with him and also made him op af to mix things up a little ...
(Sorry. I am being sarcastic. And you're right there.)
Jul 10, 2022 1:01 PM
Jun 2021
AAAAHH FELT SO SHORT
GIMME MOOORRREEEE
Jul 10, 2022 1:04 PM

Sep 2020
Really interesting first episode!!! Wonder what the story would go, also the maid is really cute~
Jul 10, 2022 1:05 PM
Jan 2022
Seems like a pretty good start to an Anime, Standard Isekai OP protagonist, I've see though now they're just turning into gods, Not surprising its an Isekai. I found this episode to be pretty enjoyable. With how oversaturated the Isekai genre is usually the first episode is a decent indicator to how the series will be.

Interesting Idea, I'm sure its been done before but I look forward to seeing how it plays out.
Jul 10, 2022 1:24 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Yakutani died of exhaustion from overwork in the real world and was isekai'd as Farma de Medicis! The OP is really nice!
The pink haired woman at his side when he woke up is called Charlotte (who he apparently called Lotte).
He still has the memo he wrote on his hand but rubs it off.
He also has a mark on his arm who Charlotte thinks is thanks to Panactheos the God of Medicine.
The medicis household is a house of Royal Pharmicians.
It seems he has a younger sister and older brother and doesn't know what the divine arts does...
If he really can't use it he may be driven out of the estate!
He tries to use the divine art of water according to Charlotte's instructions and his scientific knowledge and is able to use it! He has a hard time stopping it though lol.
He can also use substance creation and elimination.
It seems that his father randonly quizzes him at dinner though on his medical knowledge...
His little sister looks like Saren from Princess Connect Re Dive xD.
He is able to answer his father's question properly and continues lessons with his teacher Eleonore Bonnefoihe next day.
She notices a big change in his personality...
There are 5 attributes including 'none.'
It seems he is the only one who can create any substance!!!
Apparently he is missing his divine wand which he left by his bed so is given one (which is huge) by Elen.
He needs to cast a spear of water which he does with a lot of power without an incantation?!!
You can only use a fixed amount of divine power and it seems Farma has A LOT MORE THAN NORMAL! Not to mention he has positive and negative attributes!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 10, 2022 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
Well, it seemed like your usual set up. But the ending made it intriguing again.
Jul 10, 2022 3:21 PM
Jul 2020
Not gonna lie, wasn't super interested in it until that last scene. Hopefully it's not just another generic isekai (nonmanga reader)
Jul 10, 2022 3:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This really surprised me, I was definitely expecting something more lighthearted going in (and that stuff will probably come later) but wow what an introduction lol. I think the best part was definitely the entire last bit between Elen and Farma, kinda takes me back to Mushoku Tensei which how Farma didn’t need to use an incantation and was also using a water themed attack, but Elen’s reactions to all of it really drove home how serious the situation is, especially loved the addition of having no shadow which definitely adds a little spook factor lol.

And I definitely enjoyed seeing so much of Farma’s life before being isekaid, it was definitely depressing but it adds a lot more to Farma’s character. Also the waifus here are already pretty great, Elen is especially hot lol. But yeah this was definitely more of a serious story than I expected, but I loved it for sure. The OP definitely hints at things to come, that skeleton guy looked sick af, making me wanna listen to a Grateful Dead concert lol, and the song was good too. Definitely looking forward to more of this.

And lastly, hate to see the “Drugstore in Another World” slander, I really loved that one personally and while this seems awesome, I’m not gonna compare it too hard because it seems to be a much different show than Drugstore.
Jul 10, 2022 4:26 PM
Jan 2020
Now hold on... he soaks Charlotte with water... while wearing a light colored top... and she just brushes it off as no problem?!
Jul 10, 2022 4:27 PM
Jan 2022
Well, it's seems like it's not as scientific as I thought, but I hope the scientific and magic stuffs will be at least more balanced on some next episodes.
Jul 10, 2022 4:31 PM

Aug 2020
quite exciting for sure

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 10, 2022 4:35 PM

Nov 2012
Serafos said:
This seems already a lot better than Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore.

Pretty good start. Much more interesting than I expected.

Why is it that you almost always say what I'm thinking? Stay out of my head!

Seriously, this was much better than I thought. The numbers on his wrist being like a mirror reflection and the lack of a shadow are very interesting. It makes me wonder if he's dead in his real time or comatose.
Jul 10, 2022 5:08 PM

Feb 2020
This seems pretty neat actually! I don't normally watch isekai stuff, but the premise of this seemed kinda interesting so I'm glad I decided to check it out. Really interested to see how this story ends up developing.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2022

55 by DIVYANIME »»
Mar 22, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2022

152 by _KiieL »»
Mar 12, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

63 by borodino21 »»
Feb 26, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

74 by samot-frt »»
Feb 9, 5:12 PM

» Is there any romance in this one

HatTrkPatrk - Jul 11, 2022

7 by Sugram22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.