Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 10, 2022 6:09 PM

Feb 2019
This show would work a lot better if it was more structured like MacGuyver or Leverage where there was some Trouble of the Week or even two weeks that they met, got involved with, solved through eventual gunfighting. This episode is thankfully still focusing on the special ops child assassin side rather than happy go lucky cafe nonsense, but it was also basically "Go here and fight some dudes." It would also work a lot better if they weren't constantly up against Imperial Stormtroopers who can't hit the broadside of a barn from 10 feet away with automatic weapons. Until, of course, it's time to pretend to be dramatic and fake a death, at which point they become expert marksmen and we can't spray enough blood around the place.

Aside from the very corny "stand in front of a machine gun and dodge everything by swaying slightly" bit, the rest of the gunfight was again quite solid, especially the hacky sack with a grenade sequence. It's still good on the action side. Heck, even the characters are coming together a little more, though mostly at the end where Takina tries to rubber band Chisato. It's a good way to show she's rubbing off already. The supercar fandom was another decent character bit too that was largely organic and would have been in place anywhere from MIB to Bond. I just want a bit more substance on the narrative side, and that doesn't mean a sprawling incomprehensible conspiracy to slow burn over the next ten episodes either.
Jul 10, 2022 8:02 PM

May 2019
Really liking this anime, wasn't sure if I would've liked SoL mixed in with action but this is working so far, the cute girls certainly don't hurt. Also, I like the attention to detail which some of you have managed to notice, like the blu ray of John Wick, the Lexus sports car, and even the beer! Chisato was the star in this episode and I think we may get some backstory down the road as to how she can dodge so fast and why she doesn't kill (at least I hope we do).
Jul 10, 2022 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
So far so good and enjoyable
Jul 10, 2022 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
now this has really become edgy! who is much greater in evading/dodging rifle/sniper bullets? Yor or these girls....sheeesh!
but OMG both OP by Claris and ED by Sayuri was awesome!!!
3/5. (originally 2/5 but because of the OP & ED i'll just make it 3/5)

Jul 10, 2022 9:20 PM
Oct 2021
So, They have to learn how to drive and they aren't in any family registries so they don't have passports, I like little bits of insight like that, and they were dilevered relatively naturaly.
They use high school girls because it's a good camo...so is any normal looking person but ok.

Killing them by driving the car into the ocean is fine, but you could've drove the car into any concrete surface, and maybe had your goons ready to shoot them on sight if they weren't dead already. They could've shot them when they got off the car but they didn't, and then we suddenly move to an abandoned supermarket out of nowhere, maybe both sides don't want to fight anywhere public? which is funny since they're walking around with guns and armor in broad daylight.

The fight scene looks good, though Takina laying behind a suitcase is lucky nobody tried a grenade on her. Chisato doesn't kill, except the guy she threw in front of a door getting blasted, smashing his face against a wall, that guy better hope he didn't get a brain hemorrhage or a concussion.

Seeing Chisato dodge a spray was fucking hilarious. That's all.

Takina is really an amatuer if she let's the VIP walk first out of a door, and Chisato walks out and stands there even though the gunmen outside could've still been there and could've shot her.

I guess the most interesting thing this episode is Chisato dodging Takina's shot at the end, can she just dodge projectiles subconciously? Poor Kurumi getting hit instead though. Really liked this scene.

Will be interesting to see how the conflict of ideas between Takina and Chisato is handled.

Loli acquired. Mission accomplished.
Jul 10, 2022 9:56 PM

May 2017
well, this is interesting. love the characters, main girls are pretty cute 😆 biased to derpy personalities
Jul 11, 2022 12:21 AM

Mar 2012
MegaStride said:
deadz_g6 said:
no he didn't promise, but he still didn't explain how that was possible, since a trained guy managed to miss ALL his shots on a target less than 5 meters away, overall it was a bad scene for those who don't have a suspension of disbelief so big.

ponpokorin said:
the action scenes are so ridiculous I can't take this anime seriously. the young girl walking through a storm of bullets totally unscathed was just too much

SparkleDuck said:
This show requires an insane amount of suspension of disbelief despite attempting to be a action thriller. She just walks around constant rounds without getting hit at all? Absolutely stupid and absurd, if the rest of the show keeps this up it'll be an easy 4/10 for me or lower.

The show is literally giving details and telling the viewer that Chisato has some supernatural ability. Which is supported by her approaching the car by herself in Episode 1, Takina being flabbergasted when she willingly walked into an AK-47 at point blank, and Takina testing her ability to dodge projectiles by shooting her with band in her blind spot that is near silent.

It’s crazy you people are trying to act smart and criticize a series and are unable to put together a simple idea like this. The irony to call it stupid.
So what you are saying is this is an action show with a heavy emphasis on shooting, where there are almost no stakes for the protagonist. gotcha
Jul 11, 2022 2:13 AM
May 2021
kset280 said:

And Chisato was watching John Wick!!!?

Awesome attention to detail!
Everything that lives is designed to end.
Jul 11, 2022 3:12 AM

Sep 2011
This series is dumb and has a weird tone but at the same time its so energetic its entertaining, it kind of reminds me a bit of the energy city hunter would have sometimes but not the same tone, but this whole car chase was kind of at that right level of being grounded enough while still delving into the over the top aspect.

My fear is when the show starts taking itself more seriously it wont work as well.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 11, 2022 9:28 AM

Jan 2008
I hope there's an explanation regarding Chisato's ability to dodge bullets. She kinda did in the first episode too. Even them just saying she just has superhuman reflexes or something would be enough.

Well regardless, the girls are cute, the op is nice and a loli another girl added to the group.
Jul 11, 2022 9:40 AM

Jan 2018
Paul said:
I hope there's an explanation regarding Chisato's ability to dodge bullets. She kinda did in the first episode too. Even them just saying she just has superhuman reflexes or something would be enough.

Well regardless, the girls are cute, the op is nice and a loli another girl added to the group.
I bet they'll explain because they made sure we focused on Chisato's godlike dodging. Not only against AK47, but also against the rubber band in the end
Jul 11, 2022 11:56 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
that part in the OP where Chisato and Takina kick each other's butt was unexpected.

Chisato was so badass during that fight, the way she smoothly and effortlessly avoided the bullets and took them all out was so cool to see. I liked how she takes care of her enemies, the fact that she asks who they'll have dinner with later on must be a real eye opener for them as they could have been dead instead.

It was also interesting how Chisato tells Takina that they were their enemies this time which makes me wonder if she's come across an enemy who she later on had to protect and/or vice versa.

Jul 11, 2022 1:22 PM
Feb 2017
SparkleDuck said:
MegaStride said:

The show is literally giving details and telling the viewer that Chisato has some supernatural ability. Which is supported by her approaching the car by herself in Episode 1, Takina being flabbergasted when she willingly walked into an AK-47 at point blank, and Takina testing her ability to dodge projectiles by shooting her with band in her blind spot that is near silent.

It’s crazy you people are trying to act smart and criticize a series and are unable to put together a simple idea like this. The irony to call it stupid.
So what you are saying is this is an action show with a heavy emphasis on shooting, where there are almost no stakes for the protagonist. gotcha

So what you’re saying is you aren’t giving the show a break in seeing how it’s going to pan out

The average MAL ranking and elitist asf favorites are a cherry on the cake.
Jul 11, 2022 1:57 PM

Jun 2022
Chisato is so good in this. Excellent episode with a lot of action and loveable characters. I hope it keeps up the quality
Jul 12, 2022 1:09 AM

Feb 2016
This is definitely the Anime of the Year for me, I like everything about it.

Chisato is the absolute definition of best girl, I love her so much.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jul 12, 2022 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
MegaStride said:
SparkleDuck said:

So what you’re saying is you aren’t giving the show a break in seeing how it’s going to pan out

The average MAL ranking and elitist asf favorites are a cherry on the cake.
I'm not sure what you mean by "average MAL ranking" or why you are calling me elitest, when I'm saying I don't think this is good so far and I hope it gets better.
Jul 12, 2022 5:00 AM

Oct 2016
It's honestly amazing how easily Chisato makes me laugh lmao, her personality's so fun. Great episode!

Was pretty sad when Walnut "died," but hooray, she wasn't actually dead. Bless Mika and Mizuki for their scheming. Didn't think Walnut would be the smol yellowed hair girl until Mizuki revealed herself.

Jesus Christ, Chisato's fighting style is fucking sick. Her dodging skills is really interesting though. Can't wait for the next episode.

Also, the OP is a banger, especially love the butt kicking.
Jul 12, 2022 7:40 AM
May 2020
So it's finally here, this show really impresses me. Just, anything, is above my expectation. The story is still chill, but other than that, like literally anything, is fucking masterclass. I don't know when was the last time I got impressed by watching the animation on the OP the first time I watched it, holy heck that last 20 seconds of the OP were just pure blessing for my eyes. ClariS also got me through nostalgic feelings again. This show has one of the best VA I've listened to, especially Chisato. She's supposedly similar to other genki chara, but something about her voice is really charming it differs her in a good way.
Jul 12, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
first John Wick, now Stand by Me. I wonder there will be more references
Jul 12, 2022 9:42 AM

Aug 2011
Chisato is my spirit animal.

» Escapism.

Jul 12, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2011
If Chisato is not best girl this Season, than i will go crazy lol.
She is so cute, but at the same time just badass.
I'm really curious about her past and why she is the way she is.
Jul 12, 2022 4:16 PM
Dec 2021
LOL literally walking into bullets and not getting hit at point blank range??? lmao is this anime a comedy
Jul 13, 2022 12:23 AM
Sep 2020
The mysterious hacker... is a cute girl?!?!?! GASP, what an UNEXPECTED twist! (unless you've watched any anime before)

I like this series so far, though. Great action. The friendship between the two main girls is adorable too.

undeadkingainz said:
LOL literally walking into bullets and not getting hit at point blank range??? lmao is this anime a comedy

Yeah that part jarred my suspension of disbelief.
Jul 13, 2022 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
undeadkingainz said:
i think there will be more explanation about that, because it's purposely focused on that scene and showed that Takina is surprised.

Then, in the last scene Takina give like a test of Chisato's dodging while she wasn't paying attention
Jul 13, 2022 5:13 AM

Jul 2021
This is mostly just me but I get really bothered when the girls especially Chisato just have this significant amount of luck that they're inevitable to catch a break, at least hopefully the latter episode could be more descriptive with their past timeline to how they're able to get their senses when someone is about to do something and we're getting started to see how their mechanics work out in their own association and that twist with the squirrel is probably for a fun purpose, I can't see why this could be taken seriously anyways, however, when the girls were shooting people inside some kind of organization, it was smart of Chisato to spawn in a grenade inside some room through kicking it while trying to knock out the people she's handling.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 13, 2022 6:45 AM

Oct 2015
Chisato is a mosquito. The girl is annoying as she comes. If it wasn't for Takina, I would've dropped this show.

Walnut was in the case all along😑
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 13, 2022 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
God the dynamics in this show are just a treat. They really know how to introduce fun and interesting characters in the best way possible.
Jul 14, 2022 3:50 AM

May 2020
Has the same "modern" vibe that My Dress up Darling or Eden of the East but with A-1's top of the line animation
Jul 14, 2022 9:03 PM

Feb 2021
Another action packed episode. That bullet dodging scene is so badass but yeah not believable even one bit. I see Takina tries to shoot Chisato using that rubber to test her dodging ability (as a lot of people pointed out) but Chisato has turned around before Takina shoots her shot. And if Chisato is able to dodge actual bullets, why would her dodging a rubber band be surprising anyway?
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 14, 2022 9:39 PM

Jan 2021
Cool, it was a brutal episode, my favorite part was the expression when Chisato & Takina got the mission failed.

I wonder if in the future there will be bulletproof vests like this anime, because the bullet-proof vest isn't really effective resist bullets from assault rifles, even if the bullets haven't penetrated the vest it will still cause bruising or internal injuries.
ArzetyaJul 14, 2022 10:58 PM
Jul 15, 2022 11:36 AM
Apr 2018
I'm sure that Chisato has a dark past that must have something to do with the broken radio tower
Jul 16, 2022 1:46 AM

May 2009
OP is soo good

Mizuki Blanco is definitely some kind of supersoldier.
Jul 16, 2022 5:00 AM

Apr 2021
This anime's been pretty good so far!!! I really like the op and ed!!! Both were pretty good!!! Have high hopes for this show too!!
Jul 16, 2022 8:10 AM

Sep 2017
Lmao of course the fucking hacker is a little girl smh. In these types of shows the only male characters are dumbass villains or mentor types that might end up dead. Such anime trope.
Jul 16, 2022 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
HUh...

So apparently they're not really "high school girls"

But rather just young girls that's pretending to be high school girls, since they already know how to drive, meaning they should be out of High School.

___ ___ ___

And we got Chisato showing off her dodging skills and caring about the enemy all the while trying not to have anyone die.

Meanwhile Takina is criticizing Chisato saying we should just kill everyone to quickly complete the missions.

(TBH, if they followed Chisato and waited, no one would have died, but then it would also ruin the "real mission" they didn't know about... which was to have a pretend death)

___ ___ ___

They ended it with a pretend death... but won't the enemy still find out the "target" isn't dead? cause sooner or later they'll notice the hacks being similar or the same from the "target"...

Pretend dead only works if you actually change your life-style to where no one would recognize your old self.
amlgJul 16, 2022 3:22 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 17, 2022 12:59 AM

May 2015
IS this a power...of UI?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 17, 2022 1:48 AM
Aug 2016
Damn, chisato maxed out her evasion stats. This whole show is like 24 but instead of Kiefer Sutherland we have anime girls. Promising really
Jul 17, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2019
Nurguburu said:
I have so many questions. So she just walks off machine gun bullets? Craziest stff I've seen lol.
My theory:

I feel the same way. I feel like Chisato will kill when it is necessary.
Jul 18, 2022 7:42 AM

Apr 2020
Um...first of all that OP, what a ClariS banger, once again from the great duo. That first line of the first verse was just so damn catchy, it will definitely stick to my brain for a while. Also the Sayuri ED is a banger as well, definitely better than her Erased song.

Anyways um about the episode....oh yeah blew and fucked my blown out mind. Not to get confused but if you think I'm blindingly loving this anime, well you're wrong I just geniunely love what I'm seeing here. To think that they will pull off a Great Pretender disbelief of a twist and shrug it off like nothing is just too unreal to me, I love it. Also Shinji (the sus agent guy) is closing in on them, he already knew the LycoReco's identity, he just has to blow them away from their cover.

Yeah that Walnut deceiving of a twist is still shocking my weeb mind, and this show is just getting better in my tastes, what can I say they just serve shit better!
Jul 18, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2017
Should've took the supercar! 😔
Jul 18, 2022 8:38 AM

May 2021
Takina's face at Chisato dodging everything: BS, just complete BS. I had a somewhat similar reaction before quickly realizing that this had to be a plot point and behold, it is. Or might be, based on Takina's reaction. Good to see how this episode recontextualizes stuff from episode 1.

Jul 18, 2022 12:56 PM

Dec 2019
im screaming, that.. THAT LFA?? FOR ONCE A STUDIO ACTUALLY INCLUDES ONE OF JAPAN'S MANY INCREDIBLE CARS
Jul 21, 2022 4:25 PM

Jul 2022
and walnut turned out to be a
, who would've guessed
Jul 22, 2022 7:39 AM
Jan 2018
Atm it seems like they are just doing the scenes with gunfire because it looks cool,

and she was unaware what she was doing behind her and so happens to have turned out the way before the hair band hit her. Hence her face expression
Mattinator95Jul 22, 2022 7:42 AM
Jul 22, 2022 8:12 AM
Jul 2022
Man forgot his aim assist.
Jul 22, 2022 11:35 AM
Apr 2020
"I wanna go in the supercar!"

How cute. Miss Cheesecake just wanted the opportunity to show off her inner Baby Driver so badly.

Romax24245Jul 22, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Ah yes, now I see what this show is about. It went full anime-logic mode...

Kind of disappointed, but oh well...

Dodging full-auto AK-47 in a confined space, from a distance of like 5 meters. Bullshit'o'meter was off the charts!

The squirrel had bulletproof stuff on the face too? There was no surviving that. The briefcase must've been made of Vibranium too.

And the master-hacker is a 10yo girl (10-12 likely), of course... why not...

As I've said, the show went full anime-logic-mode.

I love Chisato though. It's always good to see an overpowered character who doesn't kill enemies just because they can, with ease.
Jul 27, 2022 5:10 AM
Oct 2019
Chisato watching John Wick?
no wonder she so badass lol

i mean how can she dodge like that? must be some superpower right?

wow i really though Walnut dead just like that, but turns out to be a little girl... wtf
Jul 29, 2022 12:55 AM

Aug 2018
Well, the mission could be done.
I thought I had died, but I didn't. Good plan xd
Wallnut, well Kurumi in this case, joins the group. Good chapter. The opening is very good and the ending is nice.
Jul 30, 2022 1:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course that was a huge prank and nobody is dead... and the hacker is a loli hiding in the closet, I seriously still can't stand the personality of the blond one I swear
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

338 by PYuyles »»
Apr 19, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.