Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 8, 2022 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, Ruka is still quite pushy this season as expected.

Meanwhile, we have Kazuya and Mizuhara on their 'date' if it can even be calle that. Oh and we got some baseball batting with Kazuya staring at Mizuhara like an idiot. His wild imaginations also ran wild again. Not much really has changed in terms of development although there's some character background story for Mizuhara.

Pretty mediocre episode imo.

Jul 8, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2021
WOW the adaptation skipped the BEST PART (2 chapters I think) and what makes Kazuya a fucking idiot with some realization of his action but they didn’t adapt or pls rearrange it because I have a lot to say about those 2 chapters and they went straight to the part that I don’t give a single shit because the latter just doesn’t have their relevancy whatsoever since in the end it’s more of Chizuru and Kazuya’s romantic progression and the baseball segment, YESSS Chizuru goes off with your narcissism and flex that baseball skill of yours while having no literal intention of letting your progression with Kazuya in natural progress or any emotional involvement in a relationship, to begin with. YESSS Kazuya go on go on with your horny inner monologue and dump that exposition shit to show the audience some more analogies both internal and external!! The composition on Kazuya’s face is much more cringe in the anime form than in the manga form but may be inverse.

Chizuru’s Grandma is a lot more lively than Kazuya’s Grandma, well we already what Kazuya praised Chizuru for in her acting so what’s the use of this conversation and imagine fantasizing while talking to someone else grandma like she’s asking you a very simple question and it doesn’t take 2 minutes to answer it straightforwardly. Grandma, you speak the truth about making mistakes but Kazuya will never fucking learn it, his horny mindset is interfering with it and HOW MANY BRAINCELLS DOES KAZUYA OWN? -100? WHY DID HE SAY I LOVE YOU CHIZURU TO HER GRANDMA INSTEAD OF HER, YOU’VE BEEN FANTASIZING ABOUT THE GIRL YOU LOVE FOR FUCKING AGES WHO CARES IF YOU GOT REJECTED, A SECOND CHANCE EXISTS, OR RATHER, I HOPE YOU STAY LIKE A DEGENERATED KINK. ED is ok I think.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 8, 2022 10:16 AM

May 2020
It’s Rentin’ time~

Didn’t take much long getting back to the origins. Anyways another episode, another try not to cringe challenge and another failure, like man it’s been 14 times on the trot watching this series now. These girls, I just don’t know how their brains function anymore like he asks Ruka, his self proclaimed girlfriend about renting Chizuru, which she should’ve declined under normal circumstances, but no I mean that’s not how logic works in this series.

Also grandma even for your age you still can’t distinguish between people, like you’re trusting this dude with Chizuru’s future. Ah.. I feel for you.

Forgot to mention it last time, both opening and ending are downgrades to the last season. Like hell even the lone saving grace is not working out this time.
Jul 8, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
No matter what Chizuru does, Kazuya will just NOT let her go, doing all he can to support her. Kazuya's just simping for her at this point, where there's people like Mami and Ruka whom once have been the affections for this trot, and continuing renting Chizuru would be the bane of him who's looking for a legit girlfriend.

The real "date" with Chizuru going batting to blow off steam and Kazuya following her, man, he's through the roof with her normal act. But the next location to the hospital and meeting her grandmother who's back in the hospital, she's better now, though the both of them have to keep up the relationship façade act in front of her. But in all earnest, her grandmother is worried for her, and seeking Kazuya to answer her queries while her time may draw near at any moment.

But man, Chizuru's ailing grandmother entrusting her future to Kazuya, while I feel for her, this is just the start of the downward spiral for the simp's life and what he's about to go through.

The OST...is a clear downgrade over Season 1, there's no question about it.
KANLen09Jul 8, 2022 10:30 PM
Jul 8, 2022 11:21 AM
May 2021
The scene with Ruka is more interesting than the whole episode and this episode is actually worse than episode 1 imo.
Jul 8, 2022 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
What happened lmao this episode was really quite dull and really downplayed episode 1 so much, thanks I guess to Ruka for making this watchable, the rest was.....classic Kazuya.

Also that OP and ED is underwhelming as well. Pretty average this week.

Jul 8, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2021
Well, I guess Kazuya from the previous episode is only 1%. Now it's still him with his pervert fantasies :/

What a good heart grandma she is but i'm sure this inspirational conversation with her is going to have 0 impact on Kazuya and he will stay the same

Meh episode actually
Jul 8, 2022 11:33 AM
Dec 2021
Great episode. I get too see my lovely chizuru again. quantum.
Jul 8, 2022 11:38 AM

Oct 2020
This episode felt nostalgic, Rent a Girlfriend is actually starting again, now hey i like RAG, so don't try to gang up on me.....well this episode was pretty different from the first one. I thought Kazuya actually became a better person after watching the first episode of s2, but he is still unchanged 🙂, that is something i was a little disappointed about but hopefully it was Chizuru instead of Ruka he is renting, (aah Ruka left the rental job, damn i forgot 😥) we got to see Ruka again, hopefully she wasn't as annoying as s1 in this ep, she & Mami wasn't shown in the first episode, still waiting for the best girl (Mami-chan ofc) to be introduced again and get more screentime, so that the show gets interesting......overall a good episode, 8/10.

Still prefer the old Ending, this ending is decent tho. For both the new Op & Ed a good 7/10
Anayan_KashyapJul 8, 2022 11:42 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 8, 2022 11:59 AM

Feb 2021
Wow I really liked this episode.

That scene in the batting cage with Chizuru was really cool.
But the conversation between Kazuya and Chizuru's grandma was the best moment of the episode.
It's really cool to know that Chizuru isn't the perfect girl that she appears to be and that even her has her flaws.
The new ED is cool too, specially the visuals.

Really liked this episode, excited to see what happens next with Mami in the post credit scenes there.
Jul 8, 2022 12:07 PM
Dec 2021
Finally we can hear the new ED, I guess it's perfect for the perfect show
Jul 8, 2022 12:09 PM
Oct 2021
It's shit.....simple as that
Jul 8, 2022 12:11 PM

Dec 2020
Ruka is still so in kazuya damn.

My fav girl is chizuru and this episode shows us more of chizuru real personality and her grandmother lol she is so funny. I hope we see more of the other girls.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 8, 2022 12:21 PM

Jan 2018
Why did the fence around his face disappear sometimes?

Jul 8, 2022 12:50 PM
Jun 2022
very good adaptation can't wait for the next episode
Jul 8, 2022 12:50 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kazuma is still head over heels for Chizuru, but he continues to rent her. At this stage simply renting her is not going to bring him closer to her and we kind of confession from Kazuma when he said that the usual Chizuru is his ideal girl. The two decided to hang out since she was now off the clock and they went to a batting cage. Chizuru looked simply amazing that it felt like a date, but she was just killing time until she visited her grandma in the hospital. While Chizuru stepped out, her grandma told Kazuma that Chizuru is a needy and lonely girl and that she need someone reliable to be by her side.

Both Chizuru and Kazuma went their separate ways at their apartment only for Chizuru to appear at Kazuma's doorstep later because she lost her key, so she's spending the night as his place.
Jul 8, 2022 1:05 PM

May 2018
I completely forgot Ruka existed lol. Damn we really are going in circles. Kazuya being Kazuya as usual. I hope something progresses please
Jul 8, 2022 1:14 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Kazuya going to see Mizuhara and she says that they can't meet much because Mami and Ruka are keeping an eye on her and they don't want her with Kazuya
Jul 8, 2022 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, aside from more Chizuru beauty shots and Grandma's short backstory about her, this week's episode feels very empty. At least we got some spice coming up next week.

ED went hard visually fr.

Jul 8, 2022 1:38 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Didn't they skip some good chapters iirc? Oh well, Kazuya acts Mizuhara to act normal when she's with him.
'The usual you is my ideal girl!'
Mizuhara did some batting practice and she is good!
Of course Kazuya is happy about getting to look at her more xD.
The high five was funny lol. Kazuya's dream was accomplished!
Mizuhara's grandmother likes Kazuya a lot.
Kazuya's fantasies...
Foreshadowing for her grandmother there hahahahaha. She is strangely perceptive...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 8, 2022 1:52 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm that must have taken Ushihide some real money and determination in order to woo his future wife. Back to business mode huh. If anything looking at the long view is what Chizuru is good at. But its nice to see her be able to adapt herself to help Kazu though. The batting cage is defo a great way to let off steam. That high give was such a cute moment. Its good that the gran seems to be in high spirits. But man that was some sense of humor she had. But the insight into Chizuru's past and her hidden self was some nice expansion for her character. Now that Kazu's made his feelings for her clear to her family curious at what he would do to close the distance. The ending sure had some nice visuals for the girls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2022 2:03 PM

Sep 2021
Ok they are skipping chapters of the manga and i am happy i cant believed it
Jul 8, 2022 2:08 PM

Nov 2017
ok nvm this im dropping this shit

plz @ me
Jul 8, 2022 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Byniavo said:
I completely forgot Ruka existed lol. Damn we really are going in circles. Kazuya being Kazuya as usual. I hope something progresses please

Sorry to tell you that nothing will progress this season. Just 12 episodes of the same loser simp fantasizing about how he wants to sleep with the main girls. Shame that the writing and characters for this show are dogshit because the art is actually good. Too bad that's the only thing I can give it.
Jul 8, 2022 2:16 PM

Jan 2021
We see again how Kazuya is starting to rent Chizuru, althouhg tit took him a while to convince Ruka to let him have a date with Chizuru, but I was really agreeing a lot with Ruka on this part lol. After the rental date they then went in a definitely-not-a-real-date with Chizuru being awesome with the bat.

Then we have the visit to Chizuru's grandmother that is in the hospital, after being alone in the room she wanted to ask Kazuya something which is taking care of Chizuru (ngl, I slapped my face whe Kazuya imagined Chizuru naked with him in a bed when he was talking to Chizuru's grandmother) Chizuru's grandmother is expecting a lot from Kazuya, hopefully he delivers... someday... in this decade... while actually being his boyfriend.
Jul 8, 2022 2:18 PM
Sep 2020
5/5, Damn this episode was better than the last , does not over complicate things and tells a good story the characters are really damn interesting and fun ,what a damn good cliffhanger

the thing i like about this anime is that it keeps it simple and to the point , the drama is excellent and easy to follow
Jul 8, 2022 2:25 PM
Sep 2020
Softhenic03 said:
It’s Rentin’ time~

Didn’t take much long getting back to the origins. Anyways another episode, another try not to cringe challenge and another failure, like man it’s been 14 times on the trot watching this series now. These girls, I just don’t know how their brains function anymore like he asks Ruka, his self proclaimed girlfriend about renting Chizuru, which she should’ve declined under normal circumstances, but no I mean that’s not how logic works in this series.

Also grandma even for your age you still can’t distinguish between people, like you’re trusting this dude with Chizuru’s future. Ah.. I feel for you.

Forgot to mention it last time, both opening and ending are downgrades to the last season. Like hell even the lone saving grace is not working out this time.

i think i may have a different opinion on this show , what it does good is that it keep itself and the story simple and to the point , sometimes it is good to have retarded shows ,the writing is good enough to keep anyone entertained

because the author decides to make dumb decisions that you as a viewer can relate and at the same time question the stupidity of the character decisions , and that what creates the fun

if the characters made good decisions then the show would be straightforward and could be eye rolling

the story according to me does take interesting directions for simple situations and sometimes so predictable but due to the interesting character dynamics it makes for an equally good entertainment
Mack_YeagerJul 8, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 8, 2022 2:50 PM
Oct 2016
A better episode than the premiere. A few wholesome moments between Chizuru and Kazuya in this episode and especially at the end with her grandma. The two's date was actually cute, with Kazuya explaining why he wants to help Chizuru so much by booking all those dates. Almost like he wants to be her patron, like even if the two can't date Kazuya wants to see Chizuru succeed. A noble goal that Kazuya has set which is reinforced by the conversation later with her grandma. Their batting cage non date did make me smile, usually Kazuya being a spaz cringes me out but here he was actually not bad. Same with how he responded to Chizuru grandma. She's really entrusted him with knowing how lonely and needy Chizuru gets asking Kazuya to support her even when she's like that. I hope this can lead to some more good moments but with Chizuru locked out of her apartment thus forced to sit at Kazuya place when Mami suddenly shows up should be interesting.
Jul 8, 2022 2:55 PM

Apr 2020
Okay, I can feel the cringe ora from this episode already. And I’m assuming in the next episode, it’ll be even more cringey.
(I did hear that they’re skipping manga chapters, so that’s good I guess?)
Nina supporter for life💕
Jul 8, 2022 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
A bit of a slow burner of an episode here. Mostly seeing MC flashbacking to his cringe actions and misinterpreting all of Chizuru's signals. Seeing Chizuru at the batting cages was mint though. However, next episode looks like it's going to be a riot with Chizuru having "lost her key" and Mami coming over for a "surprise visit"
Jul 8, 2022 3:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed the almost-date with Mizuhara, as opposed to being on the job it was actually her free time which made it seem like a true date but of course she shut that idea down lol, and I especially loved the entire batting cage scene, Mizuhara was really cute and she had a wholesome moment with Kazuya, date or not it was a great time lol.

And the one on one with Mizuhara/Chizuru’s grandma was really nice as well, Kazuya is out here having to please old ladies in his quest to be with Mizuhara lol, but really it was a great scene and it also gave us some backstory on Mizuhara which was cute, but Kazuya’s fantasy had something else in mind lol.

And I loved that ED, not quite as good as the soda ED from Season 1 but it was a jam and had very nice visuals of the girls hanging out, loved it.
Jul 8, 2022 3:39 PM

Nov 2018
This episode was actually good.
Kazuya is of course still a shithead, but my opinion on Chizuru definitely changed for the best. Still don't have high hopes, pretty sure nothing will advance for the rest of the season.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 8, 2022 4:14 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Grandma Sayuri confirming Chizuru's weakness held me from dropping this shit. At least, the anime have some kind of self-awareness.

3-episodes rule for season 2

I wonder how many cringe scenes I would see in next episode? 😺
Nekko_Khayal88Jul 8, 2022 4:18 PM
Jul 8, 2022 5:22 PM

Feb 2019
The ED is the best part of this dumpster fire honestly. No mami for two episodes? How tf do you omit the only good part of this god forsaken series. At least she’ll be in the next episode let’s goooo

As usual no actual progression. Just kazuya going in circles of being a loser.
Jul 8, 2022 5:54 PM

Jan 2021
One brain cell, and trash funny ways to describe Kazuya but weren't harsh enough. Dude should always have a collar on because he drools over everything Chizuru does. He wags his "tail" the minute she shows any common courtesy.
Jul 8, 2022 7:03 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed this episode honestly. Definitely seem to be in the minority with that opinion.
Jul 8, 2022 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
PurpleMagic said:
One brain cell, and trash funny ways to describe Kazuya but weren't harsh enough. Dude should always have a collar on because he drools over everything Chizuru does. He wags his "tail" the minute she shows any common courtesy.

Show him an ounce of kindness and he starts fantasizing a one night stand with one of the girls. How anyone enjoys the incel vibes this show gives off is beyond me.
Jul 8, 2022 7:12 PM
Jan 2020
Softhenic03 said:
It’s Rentin’ time~

BASED.
When you said it's rentin time, i started crying.
Jul 8, 2022 7:33 PM

Jan 2021
SamJamZ said:
PurpleMagic said:

Show him an ounce of kindness and he starts fantasizing a one night stand with one of the girls. How anyone enjoys the incel vibes this show gives off is beyond me.

These trashy shows are meant to be binged and dubbed. I actually had a blast watching the first season because I was laughing at the cringy dialogue. My favorite insult against Kazuya was "Virgins going to Virgin."
Jul 8, 2022 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
PurpleMagic said:
SamJamZ said:

These trashy shows are meant to be binged and dubbed. I actually had a blast watching the first season because I was laughing at the cringy dialogue. My favorite insult against Kazuya was "Virgins going to Virgin."

Lmfao, the dude is so pathetically down bad that I actually get a laugh out sometimes.
Jul 8, 2022 8:22 PM

Aug 2020
fair episode, not expecting much here. Kazuya is still trash as said in the end

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 8, 2022 8:32 PM

Sep 2015
More with those re-used flashbacks..... there are at times that the soundtracks that are played didn't worked well at all... But HEEY Kazuya is the same person he was from season 1 episode 1 !

Kazuya couldn't even support himself, yet he spends so much money on Chizuru.... And more background characters being fascinated by Chizurus looks...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 8, 2022 8:46 PM
Jun 2022
yveltalkyogre said:
Great episode. I get too see my lovely chizuru again. quantum.

yes it was a great one
Jul 8, 2022 9:48 PM

May 2020
dude has gotta be the most weirdo loser MC ever. Makes the show unwatchable. Good thing Mizuhara is bad fr.
Jul 8, 2022 10:50 PM
Oct 2019
so many cringe in this episode... lmao

oh my god, his horny imagination during conversation with Grandma... wtf dude

even though it's Trash at least it was Entertaining Trash
Jul 8, 2022 10:50 PM
Oct 2019
CannedMarmalade said:
Why did the fence around his face disappear sometimes?

more easier to animated?
same thing happen in Haikyuu as well
Jul 8, 2022 11:03 PM

Jul 2022
I feel like generally, the first few episodes of a new season are kind of slow, but this episode did kinda suck. Just running circles around Chizuru again and again, but I'll keep watching. Give me more of Sumi dammit!
Jul 8, 2022 11:09 PM

Jun 2021
Chizuru using Mami and Ruka as an excuse to not advance her relationship with Kazuya. Ah classic. And the worst part is that this habit won't go away anytime soon.
Jul 9, 2022 12:50 AM

Jul 2021
Damn, the OP's growing on me, it's catchy bruh.

Holy shit I can't believe he said that, good for you man. One of the best lines ever spoken by Kazuya.

Now NGL it's pretty damn irritating to see Kazuya act all embarassed and stuff after knowing Chizuru for at least a year I think? I mean he's met her countless times, they go to same college, are neighbours, how much more interaction is needed for him to just be normal around her? It's getting really really annoying at this point, makes me wanna punch him.

Of course, just when I thought it was getting too wholesome, Kazuya comes with his crazy imagination. Tf is wrong with this dude?

The ED is pretty good. I now wanna see a episode with the 4 girls hanging out LOL. The visuals were very pretty in the ED.

Imagine a situation with Chizuru, Mami, Ruka and Sumi present all at once with Kazuya.

Bruh they did not just do this LMAO

FUUUCCCCKKK...the next episode is gonna be goooood, it's gonna be an absolute clusterfuck for sure.

This episode was better than last episode.

5/5 man.
TsutanaiFuunJul 9, 2022 1:02 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 9, 2022 12:53 AM

Jan 2017
This whole episode screams pity for Ruka, ofc Kazuya wont let Chizuru go and even fantasizes about her during the supposedly enlightening talk with her grandma wtf
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2022

256 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 1, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2022

257 by LSSJGABRIEL21 »»
Jan 22, 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.