Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this was awkward. Erica and Nagi stuck in the dark during a blackout...

Got to see more of Sachi this episode too but she seems to be deep in thoughts. As far as this episode progressed, I sure hope Erica learned something from her experience. She should feel lucky Nagi is even with her then.

Looks like Hiro is also working hard on her studies.

Jul 2017
A strong rainy night that has enough thunder and lightning to put their house out of electricity, and Erika really thinks too far ahead for her own delusion to leave herself alone with Nagi. So, it's resorting back to old skills like candle lighting for spare light when blackouts occur, and it can be a romantic feeling as well.

Nagi and Erika reminiscing about their life in the house so far, and both definitely felt they had their share of fun. But going to the entrance of the cloakroom to find the breaker, and that's a kabedon moment with an accidental kiss right there between Nagi...and Sachi? How to take it as if "that just happened"?

Nagi's lil' sis is having dangerous feelings that she might be falling for her own non blood-related brother, while lil' bro is having a hard time figuring out what's wrong with her. Erika donning the sexy teacher phase to show him the way, and they all grown-ups to certainly realize that Nagi is the only outlier in this love quadrangle. Even talking to Hiro about this, Nagi also gets the answers from her for motivation.

Nagi finally plucking the courage to apologize to his non-blood-related sister, and he's starting to be earnest and sensitive, which definitely puts Sachi's feelings to rest.

It's a slow ride, but the relationship dynamics go deep...
KANLen09Jul 2, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2020
Being alone in a big house with a hottie should’ve been something out of Nagi’s wildest imaginations just a few months ago, but not now. Also as we know it isn’t just one but the duo of Erika and Sachi living with him. Someone may look the other way if it’s something about those daily lucky-leechers, but an all so sudden kiss? And that too with Sachi?? Fuck you.

All aboard the Alabama express, your very own trip to hell, sponsored by none other than the wincest community. RIDE AT YOUR OWN FUCKING RISK.
Jul 2, 2022 11:21 AM

May 2021
Great episode! And now, one of my favourite chapters has been adapted. Nagi will treat Sachi as a woman...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA IKOU ZE NANO DESU!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 2, 2022 11:22 AM

Sep 2021
And an accidental kiss happen, well this only cause trouble to the environment of the house but its good they make up
Jul 2, 2022 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOO Sachi love triangle is forming just as I hoped. Wouldn’t be a 10/10 romcom without some wincest bait for me.

I’m actually really glad Nagi was able to realise(with Erika’s help) what was upsetting Sachi and straight up address it instead of letting it loom over everyone for too long. He’s still pretty oblivious to her feelings for him, but I appreciate that apology scene at the end today.

Looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops. Hope this series keeps teasing the various ships. Love drawn out stuff.
Jul 2, 2022 11:31 AM
Jun 2020
ah yes. A sudden black out and then accidental kiss with someone, how many times have i seen that before??

This time, Sachi is the one on the receiving end of a kiss and immediately got her emotions cancelled out by her "brother"; but ofc they make up eventually.

aaaaahhh. I hate that I faqin love this show....!
Jul 2, 2022 11:36 AM
Jun 2020
So the one he got more romantic development at this point is his own sister... 😑
Jul 2, 2022 11:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol Sachi's absence really is affecting the dad badly. Mars attack huh nice name. Thats an impressive amount of chargers that Erika has though. The powercut though sure provided a nice opportunity for the two to slow down and reflect on what happened since they met. Sachi though sure had quite the unique first kiss exp though. But its effect on her sure was interesting. In the end its good that Nagi was able to understand what happened. Hiro's advice as heir designate of her shrine was nice. Curious at how the new relationship between Nagi and Sachi would be like though but overall a fun ep that made a much needed change to their bond.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2022 11:58 AM

Sep 2021
Literally I love the "home-alone-during-a-blackout" trope so much, I feel like this episode was made for me~

I swear with each episode I just love this show more and more, these characters are my favorite and I love them all. Nagi's time with Erika over the aromatherapy candle was actually genuinely touching and sweet, and I love the way Erika's not afraid to tease him and make fun of him ("You suck! Pervert! Creep!"). I really want more Erika + Nagi moments like that, it was just perfect. They've both shown so much growth in just 11 episodes: hearing them both say they're enjoying life right now was a huge moment.

And then of course, well... kissing your not-sister is totally fine right~
No, but really, that was another amazing moment of the episode; Sachi having a pretty realistic reaction coming to terms with her feelings for her not-brother ("Sachi's broken!")... and then of course ~hot teacher Erika~ and Hiro coming in to talk some sense into him and save the day! Sachi and + Nagi's conversation after that was just golden. They really feel like real siblings (Nagi's seiyuu mentioned in an interview that he really enjoys scenes with Kohara, because he can draw from his irl experiences with his siblings with her-), and it really shows.

Every week, these episodes feel like they just fly by, and this week was no exception. I just love this show so much and it always leaves me wanting more. I meann, I know there's a lot we could say about the harem(?) and sister-kissing, but regardless, I really do think this show explores character interactions and dynamics with a ton of depth. I started watching this show just to come along for the ride, but I really feel invested now... sister-kissing, harem(?), and all.

P.S. plz protecc Erika's smile

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jul 2, 2022 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
It sucks that this show/manga had to resort to incest to further romantic development. I hate that trope and I wish it would die. And no, I'm not about to get into the conversation about "oh he's not really related to her", etc. That's gonna make this score go down A LOT. This mangaka made a masterpiece and then...this. Pretty disappointed IMO.

I just hope it gets better and we get an endgame couple that isn't bs.
Jul 2, 2022 12:31 PM
Jul 2021
I prefer Hiro and Erika to Sachi because they're lives and motives don't revolve around Nagi the way her does (atleast not so far). Every scene with her, she's just moping around and thinking about him as if he's the be-all end-all for her. Sorry, not best girl for me 👎🏽
Jul 2, 2022 12:55 PM
Jun 2022
Sachi is just here to ruin the whole anime
Jul 2, 2022 1:05 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that the light went out in the house where Sachi, Nagi and Erika live and when Nagi was going to turn it on again, the light ends up bumping into and kissing Sachi and asks her to forget and Erika tells him to stop treating Sachi like a child and he decides to do
Jul 2, 2022 1:43 PM

Dec 2020
Today's episode in a nutshell:
Jul 2, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2021
Nagi’s becoming less dense lol. I’m glad he’s at least starting to understand a little of how Sacchi feels. She’s not fully his sister anymore, she’s like sister adjacent haha. I can understand how he’d be kind of dismissive of that kiss, but like he said she’s not really his sister and she hasn’t been for awhile. I mean they grew up together, but they’re not blood related (though an argument can be made that family doesn’t have to be). It’s a complicated situation, but I guess he’s kinda grasping that this ep.

But anyways, I think this was the first time we’ve seen Hiro in awhile. Just kind of noticed she has been showing up as much lately. That other goof too, the one with the crush on Erika. We haven’t seen him in a minute. Just noticed that too. Maybe he’ll show up a bit more later.

Anyway, it’s interesting to see the Nagi-Sacchi-Erika dynamic starting to slowly change. I can just see all the hijinks to come lol.
Jul 2, 2022 3:30 PM
Aug 2016
mosaicboy said:
It sucks that this show/manga had to resort to incest to further romantic development. I hate that trope and I wish it would die. And no, I'm not about to get into the conversation about "oh he's not really related to her", etc. That's gonna make this score go down A LOT. This mangaka made a masterpiece and then...this. Pretty disappointed IMO.

I just hope it gets better and we get an endgame couple that isn't bs.

Yeah I pretty much feel the same, whenever the show isn't focused on Sachi I really enjoy the show, but as soon as it starts focusing too much on Sachi I just get uncomfortable. I hope the show features the other girls more overall, but the more it's going to focus on the incest the less I'm going to able to enjoy the show.
Jul 2, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2020
Awkward scene, awkward episode. Sachi got a little progress toward her relationship with Nagi. I wonder what could the next episode bring..

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 2, 2022 6:36 PM

May 2019
I was surprised that the first kiss from the 3 girls came from Sachi but it was accidental. Erika didn't seem bothered by what happened and gave some advice to Nagi. Hiro also gave some good advice and it looks like Nagi was able to patch things up w/ Sachi. I knew that Sachi has feelings for Nagi but Nagi does not appear to share the same feelings which makes this more complicated. I hope that Sachi doesn't get burned though as I like her but I still think Erika will be the one that gets with Nagi at the end. We're not even halfway through this anime so lots more will happen, and I'm enjoying the ride so far.
Jul 2, 2022 6:57 PM
Mar 2015
Things just became more complicated with Sachi
Jul 2, 2022 7:07 PM

Jan 2021
Aside from the accidental kiss, I'm having trouble understanding why there was so much drama. Sure, Sachi has feelings for Nagi, but given that Erika was also in the house it should be obvious that Nagi would think she was Erika since he didn't know Sachi was home. I guess it's just teens being teens.

Jul 2, 2022 8:31 PM

Apr 2022
tbh im really sad that the romantic development was with sachi. pls even if theyre not related, they're still siblings in emotions and yk growing up tbh. i'd go from a 9 to a 2 if his love interest becomes sachi
Jul 2, 2022 9:50 PM

Jan 2020
Well, Sachi giving Nagi the silent treatment was kind of a blessing in disguise because it meant that she wasn’t physically abusing him. Seriously, why are they giving her so much screen time. Erika is the only somewhat likeable character in this series so far, as Nagi as been a jerk as well. I’m quite disappointed with him.
Jul 2, 2022 9:51 PM

Jan 2020
tworapple said:
tbh im really sad that the romantic development was with sachi. pls even if theyre not related, they're still siblings in emotions and yk growing up tbh. i'd go from a 9 to a 2 if his love interest becomes sachi

Oh man, I really hope not.
Jul 2, 2022 11:13 PM

Nov 2012
Basilhs said:

I dislike her. I despise the entire archetype tbh. However, I fine Sachi particularly loathsome. The parents are idiots. How is a middle schooler going to tell her parents she's leaving and not coming back AND the parents just say ook. It's not a cultural thing. I've seen enough J-dramas to know that much. She needs her ass kicked.

Telling Sachi he'll treat her as a woman was a bad move. It gave her hope. Someone needs to spell it out for Nagi. He thinks she wants to get to know Erika and misses her brother, when she just wants to ruin any relationship he might have. Ugh! This episode infuriated me. It was cute right up until the water puddles on the floor.
dragynfaerieJul 2, 2022 11:46 PM
Jul 2, 2022 11:23 PM

Jan 2022
I still don't understand why Sachi is still living with her brother and Erika and why she won't move back in with her parents. She's being a total c*ckblocer and preventing Erika and Nagi from getting closer to each other and forming a relationship. The censorship in the stairs scene was funny. Also, this episode got way too weird way too fast. One last thing, why isn't Erika paying for groceries too considering how loaded she is.
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 2, 2022 11:24 PM

Jan 2022
dragynfaerie said:
Basilhs said:

I dislike her. I despise the entire archetype tbh. However, I fine Sachi particularly loathesome. The parents are idiots. How is a middle schooler going to tell her parents she's leaving and not coming back AND the parents just say ook. It's not a cultural thing. I've seen enough J-dramas to know that much. She needs her her ass kicked.

She does need to get her ass kicked lmao she's obnoxious and the family situation is bad.
Jul 2, 2022 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
cooldogmom said:
dragynfaerie said:

I dislike her. I despise the entire archetype tbh. However, I fine Sachi particularly loathsome. The parents are idiots. How is a middle schooler going to tell her parents she's leaving and not coming back AND the parents just say ook. It's not a cultural thing. I've seen enough J-dramas to know that much. She needs her ass kicked.

She does need to get her ass kicked lmao she's obnoxious and the family situation is bad.

Everyone keeps enabling her except poor Nagi. He's just a dunderhead.
dragynfaerieJul 2, 2022 11:48 PM
Jul 3, 2022 12:44 AM

May 2021
What an awkward episode. I wish I knew how incest actually works in real life.

Jul 3, 2022 2:47 AM
Apr 2022
Yeah, no. Very upset with the Sachi situation. Wtf is she thinking?! That’s still her brother!! I Stan Erika and Nagi. Not Sachi or anyone else. Gtfo Sachi
Jul 3, 2022 4:19 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Typical main character with bad balance trips and falls on top of girl character, girl proceeds to punch main character and the whole incident is disregarded not even five minutes later. This is usually how it is in your usual harem anime or any anime for that matter.

But here it actually leads to some somewhat serious repercussions. After Nagi accidentally falls on her (and kisses her? harem mc's may have trash balance but apparently have aimbot installed on their lips), Sachi becomes SCARRED FOR- well maybe not for life, but at least for the duration of this episode until Nagi-kun mans up and owns up to his mistakes and goes to apologize to her.

Not that this show doesn't already have its fair share of weird stuff going on, but I think they just gave the "don't treat me like a kid"-type of attitude to Sachi just so that Nagi can say the SUPER-sus line of "I will view you as a woman now." Like in context it's okay and it makes sense, but other than that, that is not exactly something you say to your sister, blood-related or otherwise

Still a surprisingly heartwarming as usual, and I've come to really like Erika-chan. Not just because we got SEXY Erika in this episode, but their short time at the candlelit table was kind of touching, as Erika opened up to how she was really was having fun recently with everyone. And then later on in the episode when we get to the incident with Sachi, she recognizes the tension between the two and urges Nagi to make up with her and get it over with to get things back to normal. Whatever "normal". Perhaps living with the fiance you don't want to even get married to along with living with your sister who is not actually related is pretty tame by anime standards I guess. But it is just little things like Erika being caring that make a character.

Almost halfway through the season, and I for one can say that this show is easily more wholesome than it is a dumpster fire.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 3, 2022 6:20 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The power outage definitely had some great moments, Erika had a wild imagination with that “Mars Attacks” reference, and we got a classic falling into a kiss situation with Sachi and Nagi. I can’t blame Sachi for being bothered by it and the way Nagi handled it, her reaction in class was funny tho lol.

Segawa gives Nagi some great advice, as well as sexy teacher Erika lol, so he ends up apologizing properly to Sachi and now she’s in a good mood again, I guess that’s her proper introduction as a member of the harem lol, and how Nagi kissed her before any of the others.

Also wow, people really hate Sachi in this discussion lol, I definitely disagree with that, and the inclusion of a slight incest romance doesn’t bother me at all either, but for those that don’t like it at least you have Erika and Segawa to save it for you.
TheColonel76Jul 3, 2022 6:28 AM
Jul 3, 2022 6:41 AM

Jun 2016
i simp hard for sachi and nagi !!
Jul 3, 2022 7:55 AM

Feb 2011
That moment with sachi and nagi was glorious. I felt it would happen (obviously two beautiful non-related sisters in each arm? jealous)

not a bad show, just a wee bit predictable

Jul 3, 2022 8:46 AM

Aug 2017
dang why is the "not related by blood technically" incest being pushed so much? No reason at all. This could have been handled better just by not adding any "romance" to it.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 3, 2022 9:24 AM
Dec 2020
Sachi should realise it soon that even if he isn't related, he's actually a brother who cares for her. Imo if everyone in this series undergoes some development in their character it'll become a good series and not just "a harem Anime"
Jul 3, 2022 9:29 AM

May 2020
god I should have expected this
fucking incest

Jul 3, 2022 9:40 AM
Sep 2021
I'm honestly losing interest in watching the anime coz I feel that the manga is going on a downhill path... at least for me. I have read the recent chapters and don't like what's happening...
Jul 3, 2022 11:01 AM
Jan 2018
Ok, one thing really annoyed me in this episode, Sachi comes home without announcing herself and uses the excuse that everything was dark, IT'S JUST BECAUSE IT'S ALL DARK THAT YOU SHOULD ANNOUNCE YOUR PRESENCE YOU RETARDED, and even with Nagi muttering next to she still she didn't say anything. Honestly these rom-com authors invent every single thing...
Jul 3, 2022 1:37 PM
Feb 2021
cooldogmom said:
I still don't understand why Sachi is still living with her brother and Erika and why she won't move back in with her parents. She's being a total c*ckblocer and preventing Erika and Nagi from getting closer to each other and forming a relationship. The censorship in the stairs scene was funny. Also, this episode got way too weird way too fast. One last thing, why isn't Erika paying for groceries too considering how loaded she is.

Because she's a freeloader who takes advantage of Nagi's kindness. She doesn't help out around the house at all, either.
Jul 3, 2022 1:40 PM
Feb 2021
Animillion said:
Well, Sachi giving Nagi the silent treatment was kind of a blessing in disguise because it meant that she wasn’t physically abusing him. Seriously, why are they giving her so much screen time. Erika is the only somewhat likeable character in this series so far, as Nagi as been a jerk as well. I’m quite disappointed with him.

Segawa is likable too.
Jul 3, 2022 1:46 PM
Feb 2021
Silent_Shadow05 said:
Nagi’s becoming less dense lol. I’m glad he’s at least starting to understand a little of how Sacchi feels. She’s not fully his sister anymore, she’s like sister adjacent haha. I can understand how he’d be kind of dismissive of that kiss, but like he said she’s not really his sister and she hasn’t been for awhile. I mean they grew up together, but they’re not blood related (though an argument can be made that family doesn’t have to be). It’s a complicated situation, but I guess he’s kinda grasping that this ep.

But anyways, I think this was the first time we’ve seen Hiro in awhile. Just kind of noticed she has been showing up as much lately. That other goof too, the one with the crush on Erika. We haven’t seen him in a minute. Just noticed that too. Maybe he’ll show up a bit more later.

Anyway, it’s interesting to see the Nagi-Sacchi-Erika dynamic starting to slowly change. I can just see all the hijinks to come lol.

Hiro was running away with the show so they had to cut her screentime.
Jul 3, 2022 2:02 PM

Jan 2022
RadioYactive said:
Ok, one thing really annoyed me in this episode, Sachi comes home without announcing herself and uses the excuse that everything was dark, IT'S JUST BECAUSE IT'S ALL DARK THAT YOU SHOULD ANNOUNCE YOUR PRESENCE YOU RETARDED, and even with Nagi muttering next to she still she didn't say anything. Honestly these rom-com authors invent every single thing...
I completely forgot to write about this too. Why was she just standing there almost expecting the kiss to happen?? But she proceeds to get upset with Nagi even though he had no idea she was there lol
Jul 3, 2022 2:05 PM

Jan 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Animillion said:

Segawa is likable too.

Yea, I guess so. She just has such little screen time
Jul 3, 2022 3:09 PM
Feb 2021
Animillion said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Segawa is likable too.

Yea, I guess so. She just has such little screen time

She had too much of a lead, so they cut her back.
Jul 3, 2022 3:39 PM

Jul 2014
And here I was hoping we might get a good episode of just Nagi and Erika chilling during the blackout, but then Sachi arrives to ruin yet another episode. The way we got to that point is so ridiculously, hilariously contrived too: she was behind Nagi when he slipped, but he's somehow able to pirouette on the spot, pin her against the wall and accidentally kiss her? FUCK OFF with that contrived garbage. Not to mention the fact that she just stood there in the dark rather than announcing her presence like a normal human being: isn't it normal in Japan to announce yourself when you return home and when you leave the house?

But yeah, this show went completely to shit when it started giving Sachi way too much focus to push the cliche "technically not siblings" incest plot, and I've reached the end of my tolerance for that now and will be dropping the show. A shame after such a promising start, but should I really expect anything else from the harem genre at this point?
Jul 3, 2022 5:18 PM

Jan 2019
Nagi kissed his sister before any of the other girls lmao, though it was pretty contrived.

Jul 3, 2022 5:54 PM

Jun 2020
When that thunderstorm first struck lightning I was expecting something great and alas a power outage occurred the fuck is Nagi doing shining that flashlight shine that shit elsewhere man

I was fooled it was Erika that Nagi kissed and I didn't know if it was a kiss or not, Damn her friends are L for spoiling but did they really spoil or Sachi spoil herself by reenacting the episode

When I saw the stocking I was like what in the fuck is Erika cosplaying now and holy that's different, glad that those two made up and I did not expect for Sachi's side to progress in the story and it's looking like it.
Jul 3, 2022 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
Sachi is so annoying, meanwhile Erika in teacher outfit was absolute fire
Jul 4, 2022 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
oml what an incest episode, I mean intense(?) lol idk. that was an awkward scene and very unnecessary, I'm starting to find Sachi annoying :// still glad Segawa made an appearance for this ep, only thing that made it good
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.