Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, they gave us character intros and narratives as they wanted fans to remember who the cast were again. Personality wise, Kazuya hasn't changed much but he does remember all the times he spent with Mizuhara.

From this episode, we got some theatrical drama and stage play. A bit of an unusual way to start the show but hey, it got the audience laughing. Personality wise, Kazuya hasn't changed much at all and seems this episode is a slow way of season 2's return.

Jul 1, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
ALL ABOARD THE RENT-A-HOE HYPE TRAIN...ONCE AGAIN! Sadly, this is only the starting stage where Reiji Miyajima will lead us down the path to cuck-ful-ness.

A short recap of Season 1 with the 4 main heroines from 2 summers ago (Summer 2020), and while CHiCO with HoneyWorks's OP sounds good, Season 1 with the peggies "Centimeter" is just too memorable and irreplaceable as the series' de facto OP theme song (which acts well as an insert song).

This kicks off Volume 7 of the manga that's Kazuya's countdown to ruin with him supporting Mizuhara's endeavours at her work (in this case, a historical comedy stage play), and conspicuously, Sumi's also there in the audience, much less his acting friend Umi on stage being in the same acting school as her, pursuing the acting dream. It's safe to say that this play is a huge success that leaves its audience enthralled at their performance, and to potential rivals, the chance to be better.

Sadly, this famous play would be marred by the fact that her acting dream is dashed because of higher-up relations, and it only ensured that her participation is not any hopeful. The coincidental meet that try as both might to not make a scene, Kazuya just didn't have enough courage, but the way he only knows how is to keep on working his butt off to earn money and keep on dating her, to please her.

For Kazuya's proposition to keep renting Chizuru for her to chase her dream, I would say that this is only but a few of his giga chad moments of honouring his word to keep her dream alive.
KANLen09Jul 1, 2022 12:04 PM
Jul 1, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2020
So how much time has passed? Two years, like exact two years. For a series everyone hates with a burning passion getting a second season shouldn’t be a possibility much less actually getting a one and that too this early. So whom to blame? Those pro manga readers or the ones like me who despite utterly disliking its very existence, are still riding this trainwreck. Well just leave it be for now.

Anyways the dude is back, with his usual shitty expressive faces simping day in and day out for Chizuru like he just followed her all the way to the theatre, created a scene right in public, and then what he got, maybe that rental date he was weeping for. Sigh, just the kind of premiere I was expecting.
Jul 1, 2022 9:56 AM

Jul 2021
Finally the “at its peak” arc is about to get adapted! The OP is definitely the best thing out of this episode no lies sound wise is better than the 1st OP but visually looks worse. Well previously was more likely a countdown to destruction. Once Chizuru quits her job, she won’t pretend to be Kazuya’s gf and Kazuya tells Grandma that he’ll split because he doesn’t wanna give her any more trouble.

Imagine being a FANNNN OF CHIZURU MIZUHARA, for what reason other than her performing arts Kazuya? Wanna fuck with her or something through your imaginative horniness? Well, exaggerated assumptions aside, the performing arts actually have some more interesting stories than the actual story of the series itself. There is some love and historical value to it. I'll give you that.

Chizuru’s acting is a true heroine act! but “I can’t focus on the story itself” get your shit together degenerate kink Kazuya! and “Like you’re an expert on acting techniques” that was very ambiguous and convenient for Chizuru to say to someone like Kazuya lol. Well, Chizuru and Kazuya totally live in a different universe! and um don’t give up, well a Chizuru who is up on her sleeves wouldn’t give up reaching her dreams, yes the crying in the end, “YOu iDiOt”.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 1, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2021
yes yes indeed based show
Jul 1, 2022 10:58 AM

Jan 2021
Ah yes, I remember this on the manga, the play.

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Jul 1, 2022 11:07 AM
Aug 2021
peak fiction finally returns.

😆
Jul 1, 2022 11:07 AM
Oct 2021
let the shit show begin
Jul 1, 2022 11:17 AM
Jun 2022
WHAT IT'S OUT I will check 😌
Jul 1, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2021
This is going to be the best part of the show. Manga legit becomes an NTR/hentai shitshow with no character development in one of the later arcs
TeqnobladeJul 1, 2022 11:48 AM
Jul 1, 2022 11:19 AM
Apr 2021
phoenixblad3 said:

😆

PEAK FICTION HE SAYS
Jul 1, 2022 11:21 AM

Jan 2021
Second season let's gooo
I was still enjoying the manga when they were at this part :D

It was fun to see Mizuhara playing that role. It's not her normal personality 😂

What a pity, but it is the reality, no matter how hard you try it will always be easier to have contacts...

I'm not gonna lie, but Kazuha was really great in this episode

Sumi MPV though
Jul 1, 2022 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
I was playing with the thought to rewatch S1, the character introduction saved me the time.

Nice opening. Chad Kazuya rocking that mugiwara, lol. People call him simp or worse, but my man is putting in the effort for Chizuru and he moved her to tears.

P.S. Yeah, people are memeing already so let me get this straight. Rent a Girlfriend unironically clears all your favorite anime and Kazuya is better than you 😎🚬

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2022 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
Started with a recap of the events of season 1 and jumped right into the usual Kazuya being a silly clown for most of the episode, production and visuals still look good, It's renting time everybody was the peak scene I guess yet can't say the plot is moving forward going by the reactions of manga readers but time will tell if TMS decides to skip arcs or fully adapt each one faithfully. As a whole the episode was pretty average, about a 6.5/10 for me.
Jul 1, 2022 11:25 AM

Feb 2022
can't wait when the mc says it's rentin time for rentbillion times.

Jul 1, 2022 11:34 AM
Mar 2022
No opinion yet😂I was confused in the first half lol, then I realised they are revising the story
Jul 1, 2022 11:43 AM
Nov 2021
This anime should not get a second season and still the devil has returned to gave us rent a girlfriend not a good way to start the summer 😑
Jul 1, 2022 11:44 AM
Aug 2021
V3nomishere said:
phoenixblad3 said:

😆

PEAK FICTION HE SAYS
you know i meant it sarcastically.
Jul 1, 2022 11:48 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
This season adapts (hopefully) what I think is the best part of Kanojo Okarishimasu. Loved the first ep, excited to see the adaptation

I still don’t understand why exactly it gets so much hate, but I assume it’s from the portion of the audience that don’t consume exclusively only anime, so they might be weirded out by the usual anime tropes. That’s what I tell myself Atleast.

Jul 1, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 2021
phoenixblad3 said:
V3nomishere said:

PEAK FICTION HE SAYS
You know I meant it sarcastically too 😉🫂🗯
Jul 1, 2022 12:00 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Hey, this was actually quite the decent start! Kazuya, cringe matters aside, gave out his heart and soul to keep Mizuhara from crumbling, and I respected that move a lot. I was just hoping people wouldn’t listen to the “rental” parts, xD.

Gee, it was obvious that Mizuhara had the better raw performance but sadly it’s true that connections often are much more efficient. Seeing her dejected in the end was heartbreaking but leave it to the man for spending all his allowance to save her from peril. Here’s to hoping he won’t have to sacrifice a Kinsey to make up for the money, lmao.

Despite being the huge CHiCO with HoneyWorks fan that I’m, if I’ve to be honest, this Op, at least so far, pales in comparison to centimeter.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 1, 2022 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
PEAK IS FINALLY BACK LETS GOOO

Chizuru's performance was amazing as always, best girl of the season already.
Jul 1, 2022 12:01 PM

Dec 2020
They gave us a intro that’s showing what’s happened in the first season.
Chizuru was so good at her role how they not chose her and kazuya damn he god balls.

Feels like 5min this episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 1, 2022 12:02 PM
Oct 2019
CQLLIST said:
Finally the “at its peak” arc is about to get adapted! The OP is definitely the best thing out of this episode no lies sound wise is better than the 1st OP but visually looks worse. Well previously was more likely a countdown to destruction. Once Chizuru quits her job, she won’t pretend to be Kazuya’s gf and Kazuya tells Grandma that he’ll split because he doesn’t wanna give her any more trouble.

Imagine being a FANNNN OF CHIZURU MIZUHARA, for what reason other than her performing arts Kazuya? Wanna fuck with her or something through your imaginative horniness? Well, exaggerated assumptions aside, the performing arts actually have some more interesting stories than the actual story of the series itself. There is some love and historical value to it. I'll give you that.

Chizuru’s acting is a true heroine act! but “I can’t focus on the story itself” get your shit together degenerate kink Kazuya! and “Like you’re an expert on acting techniques” that was very ambiguous and convenient for Chizuru to say to someone like Kazuya lol. Well, Chizuru and Kazuya totally live in a different universe! and um don’t give up, well a Chizuru who is up on her sleeves wouldn’t give up reaching her dreams, yes the crying in the end, “YOu iDiOt”.

I agree with you and the OP is really good but I may just be biased because CHiCO is one of my favorite anisingers. But yeah, the visual mv is pretty lame and underwhelming except for the “dance” of the 4 girls in the beginning and the chorus.
Jul 1, 2022 12:03 PM
Aug 2021
V3nomishere said:
phoenixblad3 said:
i went to poop after quoting your sarcasm and i thought "what would he give in response" i immediately knew, "you know , i meant it sarcastically too". 🤣😂.damn. bye . end of quotes now
Jul 1, 2022 12:05 PM
Apr 2021
phoenixblad3 said:
V3nomishere said:
i went to poop after quoting your sarcasm and i thought "what would he give in response" i immediately knew, "you know , i meant it sarcastically too". 🤣😂.damn. bye . end of quotes now
Mans Really having future sight here 🙇‍♂️👀
Jul 1, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2020
Opening the episode with a recap of Mami spitting nothing but straight facts and clearing her good name. Good for her.

Kazuya... this motherfucker can't go a single episode without an unnecessary public meltdown, huh?

Shipping Chizuru with Beret Boy.

Oct 2020
Hey this was an amazing episode. We got to see our Precious Sumi-chan in the first episode, and the introduction started with Mami (the best girl obviously). The Animation is smooth, colourful and great just like s1 and the Opening song is also good. Kazuya was not annoying this time, because he felt like a regular guy to me,, and yeah he should keep up with this personality.

Mizuhara's acting was really good. She should've gotten the offer, but hey, how will the show continue if that happens....

And they played the old Opening song at the right time, omg i was sooo shyyy at that moment.

For this episode My score is a solid 10/10

My precious Mizuhara crying 😭
Anayan_KashyapJul 1, 2022 12:19 PM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 2016
Back to the world of renting girlfriends. I did enjoy the first season more than most but I think my opinion has soured over the past two years while we waited for this new season. Which wasn't helped by this episode not looking good at all. There's moments where it looks just as good as before but mostly this episode was filled with flashbacks, close ups, and panning shots. Not very well put together. A lot of Kazuya monologues talking about things from last season.

Maybe this episode sort of served as a refresher since its been a few years but I didn't need that if that's whay they were going for. Kazuya is basically the same of course and while I like him more than most people he's somehow seems to be getting worse. Stalking Chizuru to her play is kinda creepy and unbecoming. He definitely shouldn't have done that. Yet I did like the confidence booster he gave Chizuru after she didn't get that next role she worked so hard for. Kazuya is kinda like that, lots of creep vibes but pulls some good lines out of his ass.

I did feel for Chizuru not getting that part just because the other girl had better connections to the director. Totally relatable and it sucks really bad to see Chizuru have to act happy when she feels to let down after all the work she poured into the play and was clearly the best on the stage. We'll see how this new season goes.
Jul 1, 2022 12:15 PM
Nov 2019
I remember when they announced the second season back in 2020, thank god it finally airs.
The first episode was good and at least I liked it. I think it was good idea from them, to sum up the previous season at the beginning of the first episode, because, I mean, there was almost 2 years gap between this and the first season.
Also, was the rifle necessary?

Jul 1, 2022 12:16 PM
Jul 2015
I still think that Kazuya is a poor excuse for main character but at least he acted like a man at the end of the episode.
Jul 1, 2022 12:27 PM
Jul 2021
Rem_Aruna said:
WHAT IT'S OUT I will check 😌

same💀💀💀
Jul 1, 2022 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
As always, Cheesezuru’s out here carrying the shit out of this show.

P.S. Thank you for constantly reminding us how hot and sexy her lips are with all those close-up shots. Really lovely.
Jul 1, 2022 12:52 PM
Feb 2021
BerriesSan said:
This season adapts (hopefully) what I think is the best part of Kanojo Okarishimasu. Loved the first ep, excited to see the adaptation

I still don’t understand why exactly it gets so much hate, but I assume it’s from the portion of the audience that don’t consume exclusively only anime, so they might be weirded out by the usual anime tropes. That’s what I tell myself Atleast.

Nah the Mc is just cringe af
Jul 1, 2022 12:53 PM

Jul 2021
Bruh I'm sure 100% of the people who voted hated or rated 1/10 already are the people who didn't even watch the episode, just hate this anime and are just losers who hate an anime and yet care enough to come to shit on it. If you hate this then just don't watch it, just ignore it's existence, these people are just as pathetic as Kazuya but Kazuya at least gets girls renting or not, I'm sure these haters don't even get girls because they are busy hating on animes and have nothing better to do.

And even if you hated it then why on earth are you even watching season 2? This isn't some new seasonal that you want to check out, this is a sequel. Just drop this anime and stop hating on this. Scores don't really matter to mr but it's fucking annoying when haters go outta their way to just rate 1/10. If a person liking season 1 rates this 1/10 it's understandable, maybe season 2 is shit but just delibrately shitting on this is just IDK have same shame haters and go do something else for a change.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 1, 2022 12:56 PM
Feb 2022
imo that is one of the best Romanze Anime
Jul 1, 2022 12:58 PM
May 2022
it's renting time
Jul 1, 2022 12:59 PM

Mar 2019
Well...imo a great start for S2. The play was indeed great but like in real life talent often does not decide in the fairest way, connection is always more important. But I bet Chizuru won't give up
Jul 1, 2022 1:05 PM

May 2020
MC is such a weirdo loser. I hate it. But imma keep watching cause Chizuru is bad.
Jul 1, 2022 1:07 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The recaps from the cast was pretty fun. Damm good OP as well from Chico and HoneyWork's. If anything being able to balance out college, her job as a rental GF and working on her acting Chizuru is damm good at balancing things. Her role within the play was pretty surprising though and damm funny. Its unfortunate that despite her impressive performance that she didn't get the attention she wanted from the director. That was one hell of a speech that Kazuya gave though. But its a horrible feeling working so hard but finding that in the end your dream was not possible. And we can see how hard Chizuru worked for this as well. Overall a solid opening ep that thanks to the recaps allowed us to easily remember the leads that paired well with the events of the ep. Unfortunate as it is what counts more in the entertainment world is connections. If you have none then talent won't get you far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2022 1:09 PM

Apr 2020
Honestly it's pretty unrealistic that he struggles to have a gf, he got a cute charadesign and voice and shi so he'd easily get one
I don't remember the season 1 so maybe I just don't remember why he can't get laid
I don't know how signatures work

Jul 1, 2022 1:13 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing. I get so see my lovely, sexy, adorable Chizuru again. Galois theory!
Jul 1, 2022 1:22 PM

Dec 2019
Sumi was hardly on the screen but I loved every second of it lol she's so cute

Sucks that Chizuru didnt get the part :(

Also kazuyas speech was pretty good
Jul 1, 2022 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
THE MASTERPIECE HAS RETURNED! XD

Now more seriously, the series is better than I remember it (well, I just have been reading the manga and I saw the other season long time ago). The recep from the girls was nice to see, basically a recap of the season 1 from different perspectives.

Ah, Chizuru did a great job on her play, definitely stealing the show, but couldn't get the paper she wanted for that other girl. Also, that speech from Kazuya was nice to hear, more than I suually expect from him. Still nice to start the season because we are starting to rent.
Jul 1, 2022 1:25 PM

Apr 2020
I don’t know what to say, it’s just like season 1 lol.
The opening was dope though.
But it’s still very ehh
Nina supporter for life💕
Jul 1, 2022 1:42 PM

Apr 2021
BACK WITH KANOKARI!

For those who been following the manga, you already know we're going to face the (only) best arc of Kanokari's manga... the movie arc!

The first episode is quite fast-paced, but still enjoyable, and the opening is also good!
Eventhough the first season's opening is irreplaceable.

Hope the adaption won't go down hill, since they adapt this movie arc (a.k.a the only best arc), and we're still going nowhere with manga recently.
Jul 1, 2022 1:43 PM

Sep 2021
Like the OP song a lot but visually It dissapoints, and about the chapter well It was a decent back episode to remember thing about previous season.

I didnt remember kazuya's voice like that.
Jul 1, 2022 1:44 PM
Oct 2021
This is just the beginning and were not still in the exciting part, but second season is good and funny. I love how there relationship goes and I really love Sumi in this episode.
Jul 1, 2022 1:45 PM
Jul 2019
The people who are trying to make this some kind of Morbius meme are heavily underestimating the amount of people who are actually watching the anime, at least compared to KamiKuzu Idol which also premiered today.
https://twitter.com/kanokari_anime/status/1542916281778589696?
Jul 1, 2022 1:50 PM

Oct 2011
Mizuhara acting was way better than the Princess.

Rooting for her to continue her dream
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2022

256 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 1, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2022

157 by Badak02 »»
Jan 12, 6:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.