Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Richard's story has been almost unbelievable and this epsiode feels like a reflection of his personal journey.

Not going to lie, this episode still felt quite depressing with all the pain and drama. Richard himself didn't hold back with his sword at all. Richard dealing with everything that happened to him and accepting his future looked like something out of a thriller movie.
Jun 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Even to the very end, Richard has been placed too much of responsibility to ensure that everyone in his camp succeeds, even with the symbolism of the Last Supper. What's left is the crown that he holds is also tentative of being taken away from him.

Richard's last requiem with the imitation of Henry (James Tyrrell) that proclaims has no name, his running away and abetting on Richard to give up the throne, both him and Richard share similarities that they've lost everything, and what's left is only companionship.

The impending war of Richard against the Earl of Richmond Henry Tudor (where his stepfather Thomas Stanley is in Richard's camp and can't decide if he should stick or betray), and rumours spread like wildfire. But above all, like an animal in loyalty, Catesby only wants the best for Richard when this war is said and done. And let the war begin, the crown or a honourable death, and it already looks like siding with a demon can only bring ruin, and to go with Hell if they support Richard all the way.

The Earl of Richmond, Henry Tudor is smart to play this game against Richard, where his victory is determined by not going out to the battlefield, and letting his followers do the killing instead. To have the real Richard come to his salvation to prolong him from death and Catesby with the rescue, Richard's story is one of complex character, and a case of "life is not a bed of roses".

This is easily yet another disappointing adaptation that's an utter disgrace to the source material, a complete one if I may add.
KANLen09Jun 26, 2022 7:28 AM
Jun 26, 2022 7:57 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime! I Really liked it a lot. I hope for a season 2.
Jun 26, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2020
Are they really gonna end it just like that?? You're fucking kidding me.
Jun 26, 2022 7:59 AM
Jan 2020
KANLen09 said:
Even to the very end, Richard has been placed too much of responsibility to ensure that everyone in his camp succeeds, even with the symbolism of the Last Supper. What's left is the crown that he holds is also tentative of being taken away from him.

Richard's last requiem with the imitation of Henry (James Tyrrell) that proclaims has no name, his running away and abetting on Richard to give up the throne, both him and Richard share similarities that they've lost everything, and what's left is only companionship.

The impending war of Richard against the Earl of Richmond Henry Tudor (where his stepfather Thomas Stanley is in Richard's camp and can't decide if he should stick or betray), and rumours spread like wildfire. But above all, like an animal in loyalty, Catesby only wants the best for Richard when this war is said and done. And let the war begin, the crown or a honourable death, and it already looks like siding with a demon can only bring ruin, and to go with Hell if they support Richard all the way.

The Earl of Richmond, Henry Tudor is smart to play this game against Richard, where his victory is determined by not going out to the battlefield, and letting his followers do the killing instead. To have the real Richard come to his salvation to prolong him from death and Catesby with the rescue, Richard's story is one of complex character, and a case of "life is not a bed of roses".

This is easily yet another disappointing adaptation that's an utter disgrace to the source material, a complete one if I may add.
I have no idea why you keep wasting your time basically just summarizing the episode
Jun 26, 2022 8:15 AM
Jan 2021
I really loved this anime and the story is important to me. The ending was so depressing... but after all Richard finally loved himself that is the most important thing
Jun 26, 2022 8:20 AM

Jun 2021
What a twist! I was not expecting an ending like that. I was for sure expecting the ending to be the same as Shakespeare's "Richard III" and to follow true to history the actual "War of The Roses".

No longer held down by thorny briars or the weight of the crown. He can finally be just Richard.
Jun 26, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2018
On second cour, I didn't see Henry as important as he is in the 1st cour.... So, he died as Richard double.... And real Richard live? I don't think he is survive since his TB is going to kill him...
Well, every good people dies in this anime except for Catesby, and Richmond wife. I think little Edward died too since he is there with his mother on the last scene...

A sad last episode.... The story is very interesting, too bad it's so underrated... Well, I don't know how the 'real' Richard III actually died in the real history, guess this is original ending.

Wait.... Saiga Mitsuki got sore throat or she is really pro with it since Richard infected with Anne TB? Richard sound a little different than his normal voice in this episode....
Nikmomo93Jun 26, 2022 9:15 AM

Jun 26, 2022 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
This series was so great! I really enjoyed these 6 months and it's sure to be my anime of the year. I'm so glad that Henry got to tell Richard he loved him in the end. That was a long time coming. The ending was really beautiful!
Jun 26, 2022 11:23 AM

Oct 2015
That ending was better than any...but I'm still feeling depressed.
Let there be light...
Jun 26, 2022 11:36 AM

Sep 2007
So let me get this straight....."Henry" became Richard double and died for/as him while Catesby spirited away real Richard and they supposedly lived happily ever after or until sickness takes him?

Seems like there are a few questions/plot holes here or there that could be expanded on with an actual epilogue but I highly doubt it....

'course I have no idea how the source material goes...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 26, 2022 12:31 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Catesby truly has been the most loyal person that Richard has ever had. He told him his request was for Richard to live and live for him. Richard couldn't grant that desire unfortunately. I really like Catesby and he is probably the only person who has kept Richard sane throughout the tragedies he has faced. He even said he has found nothing wrong with Richard's body.
It hurt very badly to see everyone betray Richard like that... but Catesby was still with him as always.

The 'real Richard' appeared on a white horse...

'Now, for just a short while let me sleep in a beautiful dream.'

This has been a great show and I really enjoyed watching it. I really did and do feel for Richard's struggle and I will never forget it.
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 26, 2022 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Catesby was a real one. Easily my favorite character in the series. Truly a pity he had to suffer that much and receiving a fate worse than death. For those who have doubts about the ending

Cannot say this anime was perfect, the visuals were awful and the battle scenes static pictures, but I really liked the story. Enjoyed this despite its shortcomings.
Jun 26, 2022 3:38 PM
Oct 2019
yveltalkyogre said:
Fantastic anime! I Really liked it a lot. I hope for a season 2.

There will be no sequel, the story is over.
Jun 26, 2022 3:45 PM

Oct 2015
Catesby is the most underrated character this season. Richard should've chosen him instead, the guy wasn't full of drama like the other characters. I guess we miss happiness, even though it's staring at us right In the eye. Richard's sorrow came from bad choices and immersive loneliness, there are somethings that could've led him to happiness and bliss, but instead he chose to comfort in the throne. That only led to more unhappiness and regret.

It wasn't a Shakespearean series that it tried to be, however it was a worthwhile watch. I came to understand what the show stood for, what values it tried to portray. The plot had a messy pace, some characters were poorly written. But, I came to enjoy the layout of the plot and ambience exuded by the animation style. I like Richard, I was rooting for him despite his somewhat options.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 26, 2022 4:02 PM

Dec 2007
I know the anime messed up the manga so badly, but I can’t help but watch every week, means the story is really engaging bad adaptation or not
Jun 26, 2022 4:25 PM

Nov 2019
What a hard-hitting finale, this sure was a great watch with all the raw emotions shown

A somewhat decent adaptation, a 7/10 if you ask me, but I sure will have to check out the manga now aaa

Also Catesby was truly the one loyal one to Richard, always TTvTT
Jun 26, 2022 4:47 PM

Sep 2020
I didn't expect the story to move in that direction right before the credits started rolling nor I did expect Richard to get his own ''Congratulations!'' scene.
Baraou no Souretsu closed its curtains with one hell of a strong final act.
Jun 26, 2022 5:09 PM
Mar 2015
Everyone greeted him into death at the end with Joan leading the way no " A horse a horse my kingdom a horse " one of the most famous lines from Shakespeare Catesby was the only one there for him at the end. The wounds he received reflect the ones found on the corpse identified as Richard III
Jun 26, 2022 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
Ronninn said:
KANLen09 said:

I have no idea why you keep wasting your time basically just summarizing the episode

I really don't see his comment as a waste of time, what about your comment? you came here just to write this bs ?
Jun 26, 2022 6:52 PM

Nov 2015
They didn't need to go that hard on the ending. Freakin crying the whole episode. Seriously, no words. Just so soo soo sad. It was a tragedy from the start and it ends as a tragedy yet so beautiful.

Richard has lost everything but Catesby was the only one still by his side, loyal until the very end. Catesby is a great character, definetily deserves better.

And not sure what happend, Richard is in coma? well he's finally free from the crown that caused him a lot of pain and no longer has to care about power, he's now in a eternal and beautiful dream. Hope someday he wakes up and grant Catesby's wish.

This anime was so nice to watch, no regret at all. Maybe not the best adaption and pacing but i'm just in love with the story and all characters. Was interesting every week with a tons of emotional episodes. This show it's still my favorite one of the season and 2022 overall! I don't know about other's but this show will surely have a special place in me.

younger brothers of the death painting wombs,
lend me your strength!! fire!!
like Esou... I must fight with grace!
like Kechizu... I must fight freely!!
and like Yuji... I must fight with power!!!

deliveriescollectionreverie sonata
amazing set by ec secret snowman < 333
Jun 26, 2022 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
I loved this wayyyy more than I expected.
Jun 27, 2022 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
This episode felt rushed, which is sad because the end was actually really the best possible ending you could get after everything that has been built up.

Richard always hated Joan of Arc, but now he realised that she was just an image of himself he created to hate. When Henry came dressed as Richard, and said he loved him, it was like Richard finally learnt he could love himself.

The build-up was great. I didn't believe Henry would kill Richard. Then James Tyrell was a different person, and Richmond said Richard of the black horse is a fake, despite us seeing it was the real one. (Tricking Richmond by saying Richard is using the same trick as him. That was good. Of course he'd believe it!) Then, it turns out Henry dressed as Richard and died, killing Richard the king.

Sad about Henry's death!

Richard died any way, which is also sad. I wish he got to live with Catesby after all this. But, his last dream was at least a good one, surrounded by those who love him. His nightmares are over. They belong to Richmond now.

As I mentioned earlier, my biggest problem this episode was the pacing. While a fast paced end is good, this was a bit too fast. They didn't leave space for the drama to properly sink in, and weakened the power of some of the scenes, which is sad because they were really good scenes thematically.
Jun 27, 2022 12:26 AM
Jan 2020
-Desu- said:
Ronninn said:

I really don't see his comment as a waste of time, what about your comment? you came here just to write this bs ?
His reviews are the same lmao, because I always see him seasonals
Jun 28, 2022 3:03 AM

Dec 2020
It's kind of funny to hear about how sad the ending was when the reality was so much worse. Richard died, Catesby died, Buckingham was already dead, Henry was super duper dead, Anne and Edward were dead, the two princes Richard totally had murdered were, well, murdered. Literally no man on this show died of old age.

Just to recap:

Edward of York - killed in battle
Henry VI - murdered
Kingmaker - killed in battle
Edward (Henry's son) - killed in battle
Edward IV - disease
George - executed
Edward V - murdered
Richard (Edward V's brother) - murdered
Edward (Richard's son) - disease
Buckingham - executed
Catesby - executed
Richard III - killed in battle
Henry VII - WINNER
Jun 28, 2022 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Cries. Bleak ending, it was realistic at least. Basically everyone died, even Richard and Edward.

I did enjoy the show despite all the pacing issues.
Jun 29, 2022 2:00 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the historical soap drama, despite all the backstabbings to attain the crown and all the weird relations to Richard, the white boar Whitey managed to survive the nonsense of war by escaping to the forrest and thats what matters! (even if it might not survive the wild)

Jun 29, 2022 7:48 AM
May 2018
i was really disappointed with the anime adaptation cause i just love the manga soooo much and Henry my angel omg, so i really felt like it didn't do the manga justice

but yeah i still cried like a baby i feel depressed holy crap
even tho i was expecting a better animation and all, the ost is just so good and seiyuus as well
saiga mitsuki is amazing and i always loved hikaru midorikawa he's just perfect for Henry

i love Henry best man in the world he deserves happiness and Richard too, i wish they could live happy together

that's the end, i feel like crying forever ty aya-sensei
Jul 4, 2022 9:23 PM

May 2017
wow, that was interesting. love Catesby
Jul 24, 2022 11:01 PM

May 2015
I really dont know what to say. I haven't watched an anime with this level of emotion in years. I have an awful feeling in my stomach. I love this very much. I feel so depressed
My Candies:
Jul 27, 2022 7:42 AM

Feb 2021
Okay, so Richard is dead officially.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 20, 2022 7:42 PM

May 2018
OK. So "Henry" comes back from the dead only to die again in Richard's place on the battlefield? Then Richard dies anyway from the injuries sustained in battle? Was it all worth it?

Catesby was best boy! The very definition of a knight in shining armor.

I don't think Richard was actually intersex or a hermaphrodite. I think Richard was a female with an enlarged clitoris. I don't think true hermaphrodites/intersex are able to bear children or impregnate.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Dec 2009
I wonder what I just watched. Should definitely re-watch it in the future or read the manga to fully understand everything and also to go back to the fan-girling moments. Such an open-ended thing! I would like to think that he actually died because that would make a nice conclusion. But Henry did die though, right? So did he mean it like by killing Richard he would free him from the shackles what bound him all his life so the real, lonely and human Richard can start living a happy life? I was still rooting for Henry though, so they would end up being together and live a quiet and happy life in the countryside. That's basically Richard's real wish right, a dream to be loved and have a good life? So much drama in one anime, never knew what would happen! Does the manga really end like this though? The story-telling was hard to follow sometimes, and I still don't understand some stuff, but the plot itself is so good, and I really liked Richard, how he struggled and wanted to be loved! How to rate this though? I think the current score is bad enough and the series is quite underrated, it deserves more.
Dec 1, 2022 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
My 202nd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Feb 9, 2023 11:55 PM

Jun 2013

I've been in a bit of an anime rut for the past two years, and I haven't been able to watch more than 2 episodes of an anime in one sitting. Baraou no Souretsu is the first anime that has captivated my attention and made me lose track of time in a long while. Something about this anime transported me into its world. Admittedly, the animation did feel like a slideshow quite often, but I didn't come here expecting to watch Attack on Titan. Honestly, I didn't think that I would end up this invested in Baraou no Souretsu. My heart has literally been torn apart lmao. Tbh, I only came here because I thought it was a lighthearted ikemen show of sorts, but damn, I feel like I've watched a whole epic that has moved my entire stone-cold heart???

As someone that has read Shakespeare's "Richard III," I knew that Baraou no Souretsu was going to be a tragedy where everyone would die in the end, including even Richard himself, but I couldn't help hoping till the very last moment for a happy ending. We are only left with a dream of a field of white roses.

Saiga Mitsuki did a fantastic job bringing Richard to life with her voice acting! I could feel the pain, loneliness, and isolation of the tortured Richard as if he were in the same room as me.

Guess I'll be off to read the manga to relive the pain :').

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baraou no Souretsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2022

89 by Skoll94 »»
Mar 19, 3:00 PM

» Is this anime BL?

wazzupdog - May 23, 2022

8 by Mishiia »»
Mar 11, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Baraou no Souretsu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2022

17 by KatastrophicNoob »»
Sep 8, 2023 5:40 AM

» Why the low rating?

removed-user - Jan 9, 2022

20 by Lucifrost »»
Aug 28, 2023 1:47 PM

» On this day 538 years ago…

monder_Killer17 - Aug 25, 2023

0 by monder_Killer17 »»
Aug 25, 2023 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.