Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Anya's test scores aren't good but she remains fearless in helping others. One of the problems with her test cores is that she relies far too much on her power.

Kids and their imaginations are so funny these days though, epecially from Becky. This was also a good setup for the next episode/part 1 finale imo.

May 2020
Man that smirk… who would believe she’s a six year old kid lol. Also it isn’t just studies, Anya pretty much has that sorry performance in almost any other thing, unfortunately. Shouldn't laugh but still just can’t help myself here. Though it isn’t like any good deed needs some extraordinary abilities, so proud of Anya saving that kid from drowning. And of course she got appreciated too, FIRST STELLA ACQUIRED. Y'all better bow down to Starlight Anya now.

Finally the time has come to welcome the real Superstar, everyone’s best friend. Next episode will be fun.

Jul 2021
Lol, Anya hates studying and calls her Papa a meanie, well that’s Papa’s objective to get her to infiltrate the target’s social circle and for that to happen, Anya must gain entry to the imperial scholar honor society through earning merits and exceptional academic performances.

Anya is actually smart and somewhat relatable because gaining other people’s help for a certain subject will help her ace through all the subjects at her best. Also, I feel really bad for her because she’s being trained so strictly, heck even Loid realized it. They’re participating in community service I suppose, she’s being told what she's supposed to but did all the other way around, well she was able to save a boy from getting drowned, she earns herself that stella tbf Loid helped her!

Also, swimming is a very difficult exercise (Honestly not that hard if you don’t complain about the cold water that people may feel right when they’re going in the pool) for some but gotta learn from the beginning so that you won’t drown yourself. Well now that Anya got herself a stella star, she’s going by the call, “Starlight Anya” and with that doing on her, everyone seems either like, “Woah she got a stella star how cool!!!” or just oppose her because they’re jealous, that stella star is hard to earn anyways, but Damian, on the other hand, spoke like a brave man.

Well, we need a cute dog, not an aggressive one for sure. Bond was introduced, well that could be a chance for Anya in the latter to interact with Damian and help with Loid’s mission.

The next episode is the last episode... (Think they're adapting the extra chapters too otherwise the finale wont make sense at all lol))

CQLLISTJun 18, 2022 8:09 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 18, 2022 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
Anya may not be book smart, which is obvious from her test scores, but she's really good when it comes to quick thinking in a pinch. Good for her saving that boy from drowning, and earning her first Stella star 🎉🎉🎉

We got a little tease of
as a cliffhanger, but it looks like the final episode is gonna backtrack and adapt one of the side story chapters. Makes sense, since it would be pretty dumb to start the next arc in the finale lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 18, 2022 8:04 AM

Jan 2022
She finally did it! That was pretty impressive of her to do that. I think that making Becky call her Starlight Anya is a little far though. I'm excited to see what kind of dog they will get. I do wonder why the dog in the cage was a little scared, was it thinking about the Forgers?
cooldogmomJun 18, 2022 9:07 AM
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 18, 2022 8:05 AM

Nov 2019
Looks like the best boy is going to make his debut next Episode.

Anya really has the best faces, she was already smug without a Stella, and now that she got one, she was smugger than ever.

Jun 18, 2022 8:16 AM

Jun 2021
I was 1 step away from dying in the pool today....i can't express how bad i was feeling for that kid...
The episode was fine ... And Anya's expressions are getting better..
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Jun 18, 2022 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
Good job saving the boy and getting a stella. Damian acting mature was nice too. Also finally time for the dog next episode.
Jun 18, 2022 8:27 AM
Sep 2015
Childhood drowning neglect is a real problem and I'm glad this anime tackle this issue.

I can't wait for the dog! This anime draw such a realistic dog, but it seems like I'll have to wait more since next episode is about penguin park.
Jun 18, 2022 8:28 AM

May 2020
Finally, the only one who doesnt lie in the family appears.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 18, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
It's kinda frustrating how hopeless Anya is but it turned out to be nice in the end. She's lucky to have Becky as her bestfriend.

Finally Bond !!
Jun 18, 2022 8:30 AM
Jun 2020
Best doggo finally shows up!!
Jun 18, 2022 8:30 AM

Mar 2016
Anya is not a genius, she lacks the academic prowess her classmates have, and she lacks the physical abilities that are expected of her and the artistic capabilities that she's expected to employ as a student from a highly prestigious school.However, there is more to see than one's own concept of competence. After all, the students from Eden Academy have been brought to the world and nurtured since birth. In contrast, Anya simply barely clutched the entrance exam after only a week of preparing for it. It's not your intelligence that should matter, it's the adaptability of your skills to suit the task at hand that mattered the most, something in which Anya excels, especially with the use of her mind-reading ability.

This episode clearly showed that in action, when nobody else is around to turn to and when time is of the essence, Anya put herself headfirst into the problem, quite literally. Leaping to save the boy's life might seem trivial, only before considering that many kids in her position would be frozen in place, not knowing how to adapt to the situation and react.

The first to earn the tonitrus bolt yet also the first to earn the stella star, Anya Forger has a long way from becoming an imperial scholar, but needless to say, I'm proud of her and so is Floyd, not just from a mission standpoint, but as a 'father' for her.

Alright, formalities aside... LET'S GOOO ANYA!!! TAKE THAT MASSIVE W!!! LOOK WHO'S BOSS! THE FIRST TO ATTAIN THE TREASURED STELLA STAR! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *
Jun 18, 2022 8:34 AM

Oct 2015
Bond is here, leggo
Jun 18, 2022 8:35 AM

May 2021
I love the way they animated Anya slowly running up to that drowning boy and jumping for a dive. The OST playing completed that scene well.

I wish they had also animated her diving INTO the water but what we have is impressive as well.

Also, seems like we have the evolved form of elegance - ultra amazing elegance. A minor Kaguya-Sama reference probably.
RioFSJun 18, 2022 8:41 AM

Jun 18, 2022 8:40 AM
Apr 2021
Anya is finally a hero .
She got a stella

I wish they had also animated her diving INTO the water but what we have is impressive as hell .

love the way they animated Anya slowly running up to that drowning boy and jumping for a dive .
She is a hero.
Wait till bond arc , to see how Big of a hero is she .
Bond is here .
Anya hates studying ( cause of her past ) and calls her Papa a meanie / devil ( he is surely one , well that’s loid ’s objective to get her to infiltrate the target’s social circle and for that to happen, Anya must gain entry to the imperial scholar honor society through earning merits and exceptional academic performances and other activities . SHE IS 4 - 5 ... AND They are been taught fractions and Pythagoras theorem )

Remember a criminal mind is a genius mind . Anya isn't a criminal , Anya is actually smart ( i didn't had any idea what was cheating when i was her age )

NEXT ep i guess penguins and date
JevasamyJun 18, 2022 8:44 AM
Jun 18, 2022 8:49 AM
Mar 2022
Highlights:
1. Anya spawning balls out of thin air.
2. Anya saving a live and getting a star.
3. Anya shifting away when Yor offer to cook.
4. Anya bragging about her star and calling herself Starlight Anya.

What a great episode🥰it’s sad that there is only 1 episode left then we have to wait probably another year for Season 2
Jun 18, 2022 8:49 AM

Jul 2011
Starlight Anya, had so much smug this episode.

Becky with her pink jet and pink tank.

Is dangerous but Im interested in getting that Chihuahua with a knife.
Jun 18, 2022 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
Wow i knew it as long as i saw the boy walking near the pool and touching the water, i was like he gonna drowning, Anya gonna save him and got Stella.
And i was right lol
It's not really that hard to predict it but still good storytelling nonetheless.

Omg, Starlight Anya
LMAO

Doggy time for first cour finale?
Wait, did the dog can see the future?
Wtf was that.
Jun 18, 2022 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
Wow great episode, animation on the pool scene was incredible.

We finally get to see Bond now, but it seems the last episode will be adapting the side-story chapter on the park??
Jun 18, 2022 8:57 AM
Jun 2021
Anya shall bring smiles to our face once again, GOAT Anya.

Feb 2020
That kid drowning was genuinely terrifying to watch damn
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2017
The mission to earn a Stella...is harder than anyone who've thought...especially for Anya who hates studying and flunked her test reading the wrong mind. This is crucial for Operation Strix: Phase 2 where the road to being an Imperial Scholar to get close to Loid's target Desmond is becoming more desperate by the minute. And try as Loid might, Anya isn't the athletic nor musical kind, so getting 8 Stellas within 4 months seems unrealistic.

And if there's one area to easily get a Stella, it's community service for Anya to have a better social conscience...that isn't working out as intended. But as luck would've have it, Anya saved this handicapped kid (Ken) who's drowning in the pool (love the slow-mo dive), and in an adult pool no less. And would you know it, this bravery's earn is worth a Stella, so a baby step this is one in the right direction.

A close meeting with HQ surrounding more of Desmond's shady doings, Loid has no time but to rush the process of Anya getting the resul they wanted. And in comes Starlight Anya with her smug face, while the class try to diss her off, Damian comes to the rescue with his tact for coolness. Usually, a Stella means a reward earned, and a dog is next based on Becky's recollection, which always leads to Anya's "save the world at peace", hah.

Getting the kind of dog that Anya wants will be difficult, and one from a hidden side of a decrepit pet shop whom is like Anya being an esper...Bond is here!

But his inclusion into the story, you'll have to wait for Fall for the 2nd Cour as we're getting Volume 1's Chapter 8.5 Special Extra Mission instead next week to wrap the 1st Cour up!
KANLen09Jun 18, 2022 9:02 AM
Jun 18, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2022
Kinda sad i have to wait for fall season for a Arc new family

Solid 5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Jun 18, 2022 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
New family member incoming? Can't wait to meet this pup.
Jun 18, 2022 9:08 AM

Dec 2020
I thought it was so funny how Anya imagined how she would save the world.
Haha mvp anya she jumps in the pool but can't swim. Anya is getting a dog now.:))
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 18, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2018
Finally Anya earn the Stella star! She may be worse at academic and sport, but she have a great heart to rush saving the drowning boy.
I thought she got a stella star scene is just her imagination... It's a real one. Lol...

Poor Anya, she earn stella, but almost everyone in her class dislike her...

Wow, A dog that can see a vision.... Cool.

Jun 18, 2022 9:12 AM

Mar 2021
Anya might not be good with studying but she more than makes up for it when someone is in need of help then she evolves into starlight Anya
Jun 18, 2022 9:15 AM
Oct 2016
Anya has earned her first Stella star!! Starlight Anya is born! Loid is really doubling down on his efforts to get Anya grades up so she can be an imperial scholar. That's the most surefire way to get her stars and get Loid close to Desmond for the mission. Anya doesn't quite have the natural skill for many things. She can't focus well to study, she doesn't have a talent for instruments, she isn't very athletic, not even community service is something Anya picks up on. We saw a couple episodes ago Anya got clumsy when trying to help Loid clean now she's even more clumsy trying to help this hospital for the community service.

It always makes me sad when Anya thinks her powers are a burden and people will hate her for them is they suspect her. She's had this thought a few times and it comes back up in this episode. Anya is trying really hard to help her dad with his mission but can't quite figure out what she can do to get stars. Thankfully a golden opportunity presents itself with that boy almost drowning and Anya jumping in to save him. She can't swim well enough to get him but that's whay Loid is for. Earning herself a Stella star in the process for risking herself to save the boy! Well done Anya! I feel like this story is at its best when they focus on Anya inner struggles and how shes just trying to help her parents.

This episode did a great job changing how Anya thinks about her powers. They absolutely can be used to help people. Becky giving Anya a great idea for what her gift should be, a dog! Maybe the Forger family will be going doggy shopping soon. Next episode ends this first cour, will be sad to see the show go on break but glad to have seen these episodes so far.
Jun 18, 2022 9:15 AM

Feb 2022
ah! so anya got her first star⭐,so next week is last episode of this part 1 :(

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Jun 18, 2022 9:18 AM
May 2015
Extremely proud of Anya for trying to save that boy.. Her power can be very useful when she gets it under control. Also I'd flaunt off the Stella Star as well

Best doggo is here...

Also Loid was speaking some truth here...In a lot of cases victims rarely make a sound when they're drowning so imagine a kid especially if he's disabled

5/5
Jun 18, 2022 9:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm thats a pretty grim test result from Anya which explains her expression. The audio from the show really combined well with Loid's inner thoughts as he absorbed the news. Anya though is amazingly bad at quite a few things. Community service is an interesting method though especially for kids. That carer should have been much more careful with Ken having limited mobility to begin with. Though Anya did well to notice man that was a real close shave with death there. But a well deserved Stella nonetheless. Its unfortunate that her bad impression ensured that no one within the class apart from Becky believed in her deed. Anya's image of the dogs based on Loid and Yor's words were amusing. Overall an excellent ep that had some excellent tension within it via the pool save and comedy in the form of the hospital visit. From the scene of the dog looks like the forgers will be getting a pretty unique new family member next ep. But the impact of the Stella on Damien was pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 2018
Anya didn't hesitate to save a person even when her life is on the line too. She will be great someday and with her powers, she can save lives more.
Congrats to her First Strella Star, Starlight Anya!!!
And she got a bragging face which is hilarious. But Damian still protects her when everyone is still doubting about her. What a tsundere good kid he is.
Yor's mindset still on an assassin mode always.
Super Eleganto of an Episode this is!!!
Jun 18, 2022 9:22 AM

Mar 2021
I'm pretty confused with the production team's decision. They should have kept this episode as next episode to keep the flow. But they decided to keep this episode as this episode instead of next episode as this episode. Now when they start airing Part 2, a lot of people will get confused about what's going on. No complaints about the episode though, but with the way it was aired.
Sep 2021
Episode 11 of Spy family was decent, Anya got a Stella for rescuing a drowning boy. And other elements of the episode were also fine and in the end, we see a Dog maybe any will make it her pet. And I suspect that the dog shown in the end has some superpowers.

Jun 2015
If you need a doggo there is no better than the one from Aho-Gir!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 18, 2022 9:23 AM
Sep 2010
was wondering how they'd be saving the dog arc for next season, now we know its backtracking to animate the special extra chapters.
Jun 18, 2022 9:24 AM

Oct 2021
Anya is really abysmal at studying however she seems to be pretty good at other activites, meaning more ways for her to earn stars. GO ANYA!!
Finn086Jun 18, 2022 10:52 AM
Jun 18, 2022 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
Anya's a good girl. She didn't think about a stella. She really was worried about the drowning boy. Glad she realized her power can save people.

Bond makes the appearance! But the episode 12 tease leaves the impression we won't see him just yet - which is good! No need to rush.
Jun 18, 2022 9:28 AM

Jun 2021
and so the world was at peace.

I just loved Anya's little scenarios that played out in her head, thinking that's exactly how it would go. She's not the brightest in the world, but she is still a pretty great and optimistic child. Plus, she was real brave diving in to save that child. Loid might have pulled through in the end, but that took guts. She totally deserves that star. Well done!

Uh oh, she's gonna get that dog that's been teased quite a few times. Although one dog appears to have powers? It could see the Forgers in it's mind? Is that dog psychic too? The plot thickens..

Mid-season finale is on next week. Doesn't seem to have too many plot developments, although this Desmond fellow seems to be making moves...
Jun 18, 2022 9:35 AM
Nov 2020
Bond is coming home! 😁
I hate this part 1/part 2 thing that breaks the show in two separated seasons, it would have been so much more fun to see all in a row!
Jun 18, 2022 9:46 AM
Dec 2019
Anya got a Stella star nice and she's the first. Anya gonna get a dog. Next episode is going to be good.
Jun 18, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2022
Amazing episode. Poor Anya though. She is like 4 or 5 and they make her study high school subjects.
Jun 18, 2022 9:50 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Anya stole this episode with her reaction faces.

Sorry, Starlight Anya I should say.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 18, 2022 9:55 AM
Aug 2020
Lol Yor’s hug really broke Yuri’s ribs when he was younger. Just look at Anya’s face when Yor was hugging her
Jun 18, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Anya saved the boy from drowning )Or Loid did xD) and got a stella! She wants a dog as a reward...
Starlight Anya!

Lookin forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 18, 2022 10:00 AM

Mar 2021
Episode was boring but

Best Boi doggo is here, I can't waitttt

Jun 18, 2022 10:00 AM

Apr 2018
Who would have thought that Anya would succeed in helping her father to complete his mission. She got her first stella by saving a young boy. Well, she might not be the smarest but she's a hero for sure.
SideCharacterKalJun 18, 2022 10:41 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 18, 2022 10:03 AM
Apr 2021
Okay Anya, just for what you did here, I’ll completely forget your loss at the dodgeball game last week.
Jun 18, 2022 10:07 AM

Sep 2021
really enjoyed todays episode! its the highlight of my saturdays, its nice to see how persistent anya is even tho she has some bad test scores haha

im really excited for the next episode and to see which dog anya gets!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.