Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, the music used this episode really reflected its emotions. Man tears were shed! But still, I found it to be a realistic approach to show that no one is safe from death in this season.

Looks like we also got some fighting on the battlefield. Oh and good to see Shin making his presence known again.
May 7, 2022 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
Who cut these onions T_T

RIP Sei Kyou. Also I like Rui's decisiveness as per her husband's last wish.
May 7, 2022 1:00 PM
Dec 2020
this anime is really putting me at the edge of the seat, ....it's gonna be riu yi's arc now...XIN was awesome as always, but again the realization that no one is safe just dawned on everyone including me, can't wait to see what the two factions will do....stayed up past midnight waiting for this, and am not disappointed...like always, waiting to see xin getting to general level and Zheng uniting the kingdoms.....adios kingdom brothers
May 7, 2022 2:18 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Cheng Jiao met his end honorably, and they even managed to make us care about this character we didn't think we could possibly care about in the beginning of the show. Liu Yi is my new favorite character of the season, and I really hope we see more of her in the future. The new visuals of the OP are also great.
May 7, 2022 4:43 PM
Feb 2021
I was really sad to see Cheng Jiao die, and that is something I did NOT expect. His final scene was beautifully written. Lius declaration of loyalty gave me chills.

and of course, Xin stole the show with the chad-est possible move in getting I'm Lu Butts face.
May 7, 2022 4:57 PM

Jul 2017
A rollercoaster of an episode this was. It was obvious what was going to happen to Sei Kyou but Hara really did a great job with executing his character and his 'redemption' per say despite the short runtime, and hell, even Rui came across as a really strong character here who now has a lot to overcome to fulfill her deceased husband's wishes by swearing loyalty to Ei Sei and doing whatever it takes to bring Ryo Fui down in the process. Sei Kyou's final scene was great. The music was also stellar in evoking the emotions that were present in this episode from start to finish, also did like the new opening visuals a lot more than before, although still not that great for me to be honest. I don't know why they did this again like with season 3 where they upgrade the opening visuals properly midway through the first cour than just doing it from the get-go.

Also, the little confrontation between Ryo Fui and Shin there at the end was great and intense af. You can tell that with Sei Kyou's passing, Qin's in a fragile state that could turn into chaos given the extent of which Ryo Fui's going through to set up the pieces for him to achieve his ambitions. More shit is definitely going down soon, you can tell.
May 7, 2022 5:18 PM
Feb 2018
Never have I ever imagined that I will feel sad for Se Kyou's death; he had a great character development.
May 7, 2022 5:46 PM
Aug 2019
Why make us love him then kills him. Not fair 💔💔
May 7, 2022 6:36 PM
May 2019
Very good and emotional episode
May 7, 2022 8:09 PM
Mar 2015
At least they got to say goodbye
May 8, 2022 12:54 AM
Apr 2018
R.I.P. CHENG JIAO.

LU BUWEI still looks massive as said by XIN.

May 8, 2022 1:25 AM

Feb 2021
As an anime only, I didn't see that coming.
Like I figured he would merge factions but I didn't think he would die. RIP right when he got some cool development as a charector to, lest he took that greedy pig out with him.
Xin acknowledging the Chancellor as still being massive was kind of annoying but respectable I suppose.
Great episode I have a feeling people in Xin's forces are going to start dying because none of his core have died in a long time.
May 8, 2022 11:05 AM

Feb 2012
Sei Kyou gone man.

He did his think and redeemed himself in the eyes of everybody.

Ryofui still too strong for Hi Shin Tai Xin.
May 8, 2022 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Loved this episode. Heel-Face Turn and Redemption Equals Death are among my favorite tropes and they were executed satisfyingly. RIP Sei Kyou.

"We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are."

You were a real one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2022 10:31 AM
Jul 2020
Damn it! Chengjiao's death was truly heartbreaking. I can't wait for the next episode.

May 9, 2022 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
Ahh poor Sei Kyou, the flashback scene with Xin telling him no one would die for him was the perfect representation of his development as a character, sad to see him go.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 10, 2022 7:48 AM
Nov 2018
Cheng Jiao's death was unexpected--the time when I learned to like him despite of the 1st season. I thought he would live up until the end the story playing a big role by supporting the king. But I guess... Anyway, Cheng Jiao and his fiancee are so cute. And Lu Buwei is a bish.
May 10, 2022 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
RIP sei kyou, even though he was first a villain his death is sad
May 10, 2022 7:01 PM
Feb 2013
i didn't even think Sei will die .... this anime really perfect !
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
Aug 2012
Animation is improving, loved the improved OP and END, love this season!
May 12, 2022 11:37 PM
Apr 2022
Damn, was really prayn for lil bro he maybe the best character development ever. so sad. The music on point again, but damn, was realy prayn for bro. its 2 much 2 handle:(
ChocoboRice1999May 13, 2022 11:21 AM
May 12, 2022 11:59 PM

May 2020
rip chen jiao
just when I had started to like him smh
kingdom eps never disappoint

And now with that, I have caught up to all of the kingdom eps currently out
this show is just perfect
the story is amazingly
I binged it from s1 to here
started s1 on April 25th and now have caught up

I'll be watching it weekly with you boys now

May 13, 2022 2:34 PM
Aug 2020
That encounter between XIN and RYO FUI made me think of how a Knight and King piece on a chessboard set work. The Knight can jump around and above other pieces but only would take the piece that it landed on. XIN jumping down in front of RYO FUI and RYO FUI just walk through forward after some trash talking lol.
May 13, 2022 6:17 PM

Sep 2018
Welp, that was a hell of a roller coaster, i just watched all the seasons in 1.5 weeks, finally I'm in track with Kingdom, this episode is incredible, there isn't much people watching this series in normal terms thats something sad, but I feel all the opposite
I keep moving forward
May 13, 2022 7:26 PM

Oct 2015
It's been so long since I cried from an anime.

Xin is punching above his weight, you go boy
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Cheng Jiao....and more importantly damn Lu Buwei.

Also XIN GOT HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 2, 2022 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
I'm trying real fucking hard to not choose sides since doing that would make things less interesting but damn if only they didn't get lured so easily they could have avoided being dragged into dat scheme. Rip retard prince lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 10, 2022 2:19 PM

Apr 2018
Shit, of course, he wouldn't fucking survive that. Two man against seven? It was impossible from the start. He knew that and still went on. His old self would have ran away and let the guard fight till his death. Man, I seriously wanted him to appear more in this season. It made me so excited whenever he appeared on screen and insulted the other party and showed his mighty side. But now, it's all gone. His last words made me tearful. It perfectly showed how he viewed Sei and the rest after his change and even properly talked to Shin. Shin is Sei's shield and sword as Sei Kyou said. Followed by Shin's determined answer on it. Rui's the one that is going to follow Sei Kyou's steps as of now, helping Sei out with his faction. It's time to counter Ryo Fui. Man, I'm not sure what Shin tried to do right there but he failed so hard. Well, in his own perspective, he didn't and just showed how fierce he is.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 31, 2022 6:30 PM
Dec 2019
It's sad to see Jiao Chang die after he was beginning to redeem himself. Also I could feel the tension between Xin and Lu Buwei.
Sep 28, 2022 5:48 PM
Apr 2022
Good episode 👏
Oct 2, 2022 10:37 PM

Oct 2015
Cheng Jiao has become one of the best characters in Kingdom. Soon after I bore that thought, he was gone. Man, I shed a lot of tears this episode. I never thought it was possible, but Cheng Jiao became one of my favorite characters in this anime. It was really sad and painful to let him go.

Liu Yi might be the best female character in this show imo. I've liked her since her first appearance. And she hasn't disappointed so far. I love her relationship with Cheng Jiao. It was hard to witness their final moments together.

Well! This season looks great so far! :D

Very emotional, too. TvT
   HuaLian <3
Oct 7, 2022 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
It's been a while since an anime made me cry. I am a manga reader, so I knew what was coming but I was still moved to tears during Cheng Jiao's final moments T_T. This just shows what a great character development he has undergone since the first season of the anime. Also, although Lu Buwei makes my blood boil with anger, he is a great antagonist.
Nov 4, 2022 1:31 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sad episode, I did not expect that outcome!!!! :(
Nov 11, 2022 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
So this is why Cheng Jiao's wife looks prominent in the opening and endings cause she's gonna take over for him. RIP I guess. I genuinely didn't expect him to die.
May 21, 2023 11:08 AM

Jan 2017
Broooo......THAT INTENSE STARE-OFF!!
Studio-sama, WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS WITH SEASON 1 & 2!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
May 28, 2023 4:03 PM

May 2021
He had the biggest glow up and just died
Inhales oxygen
Jun 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2010
Aw man, I never thought I'd be on the verge of tears for someone I used to despise so much. It sucks so much that Cheng decided to stand & fight instead of just continuing to safety. Xin might have reached him earlier if he had been closer to the entrance. Also, those flashbacks are so nostalgic! Xin was so puny back then, and Diao looked like a boy, lol.
Anyway, this episode shows that even sociopaths can change for the better. Maybe, I still have some hope, too, lol.
If I were Zheng, I would marry Liu Yi. Her pussy would be wasted if a beauty like her would stay single forever.
Lu Buwei is a f*cking giant. I thought Xin was as tall as him at this point.
Aug 20, 2023 3:27 AM

Dec 2007
leave alone the fact that i warmed up toward seng-yu in the last few episodes, that fact that lu-ii became memorable character in just few episodes since her first appearance, is something only kingdom can do.

still though, i feel the pace in this season is rather low, nothing did happened much in this episode.
Oct 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
It's rare for a character to redeem themselves like Cheng Jiao did. I think the fact that the characters actually grew up and changed physically, and that the old generals are almost all gone now makes the passage of time a real thing compared to an arbitrary single time skip, and it's different if someone turns around in the last second before they die compared to them showing up every know and then over several seasons and six years of history.

Still, I'd hoped that someone would do some real damage to Lu Buwei, use some underhanded method that can not be officially tracked back to Zheng, especially as he knew nothing about it, and Jiao seemed like a candidate for such things.. it's really unfortunate when the main characters are always goody two shoes while the enemy fights dirty. You don't have to outright assassinate him, though i don't see why not - they basically said that to end 500 years of war and unifiy the kingdom it will require drowning the kingdoms in blood. And just looking at the armies involved, several hundred thousands people died on screen, but killing Lu Buwei who is one of the biggest hindrances right now, that's out of question? Of course, there's ways to do it, if he simply announces his execution in court it might not be the best start, but Lu Buwei and his underlings are up to enough Shenanigans that tit could be easily arranged for them to be killed by actual and unwitting agents of the other kingdoms, or it could be set up. With all that strife, especially internally, there must be lots of bandits, too. So the only thing holding Zhen back is his conciousness, he wants to do things the right way - that means, some arbitrary code of justice. Killing Lu Buwei would not just advance his own agenda, but reduce actual suffering - Tunlei is just the latest example. But no, having millions die, from the lowest beggar to the highest noble including his brother is fine, but taking even the smallest direct action against Lu Buwei is something he can not bear. I'm sure Lu Buwei could announce his plan to kill e.g. Changwen, show up in court with a knife the next day and stab him to death and Zhen would still say there's nothing he can do because it's impossible to proof that it was Buwei who did it..
Jan 24, 10:41 AM
May 2018
SPOILER!!!!!!!!

I JUST LIKED SEI KYOU AND WAS ROOTING FOR HIM AND RUI AND THEY KILLED HIM JUST LIKE THAT, THAT'S SO UNFAIR AND FUCKING SAD T_T
Jan 24, 10:41 AM
May 2018
SPOILER!!!!!!!!

I JUST LIKED SEI KYOU AND WAS ROOTING FOR HIM AND RUI AND THEY KILLED HIM JUST LIKE THAT, THAT'S SO UNFAIR AND FUCKING SAD T_T

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

50 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
May 4, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

42 by YUKIOKUN123 »»
Mar 11, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

42 by Vandesdelca »»
Feb 23, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 4th Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

31 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.