Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
I kinda like Glass' new look as an adventurer. I see she's still a badass this season.

Ost is indeed carrying a lot of burden on herself. Raphtalia also knew the stakes but she had fought for her cause anyways. Ost is still one of the more human characters in this show imo, even with the revelation. The amount of burden she carries is really overwhelming this arc.
May 4, 2022 6:30 AM

Feb 2021
Damn they're really trying to keep Ost in the story huh.
All that set-up about finding the heart only for them to defeat the heart in seconds, and surprise surprise, it didn't work.

The revelation at the end just served to make everything that happened so far feel even more stupid.
May 4, 2022 6:35 AM

May 2021
Wow that's one stubborn tortoise. Didn't expect there to be a book hero too, curious what that will do as an object of power.

May 4, 2022 6:54 AM
May 2022
VERY NICE, It was really nice going better
May 4, 2022 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
As a LN reader i can't complain with this weeks adaptation this time, it was done very well.

and i love Kyo Va he really nailed down exactly as i pictured in my head as i was reading his dialogues in the book.

At this pace it might not actually adapt up to vol 9 as i initally suspected but it is still a little to early to tell.
i give it a 8/10

massive improvement compared to prev episodes.
May 4, 2022 7:01 AM
May 2022
-ShadowClaw- said:
As a LN reader i can't complain with this weeks adaptation this time, it was done very well.

and i love Kyo Va he really nailed down exactly as i pictured in my head as i was reading his dialogues in the book.

At this pace it might not actually adapt up to vol 9 as i initally suspected but it is still a little to early to tell.
i give it a 8/10

massive improvement compared to prev episodes.

Same, I am personally excited for that godzilla style lazer beam from the spirit tortoise
May 4, 2022 7:04 AM
Jun 2021
Overall a massive improvement, id give this episode a solid 8.5 outa ten. Honestly, didn't expect that Ost was the actuall spirit toroise lol
May 4, 2022 7:07 AM
Aug 2021
Finally got to the core of the Spirit Tortoise body and it turned out to be Ost Horai!?
May 4, 2022 7:08 AM

Feb 2019
Surprisingly actually a decent episode. After the awful adaptation that the first few episodes were, the last two have actually been pretty decent in terms of pacing and fidelity to the books. I’m cautiously optimistic for how they’ll handle the finale of the arc and beginning of the next.

Kyo’s seiyuu did a nice job bringing his character to life and he acts just the way naofumi described him in the books.
May 4, 2022 7:11 AM
Apr 2022
Although the previous episodes have had quite a number of shortcommings, I think this ep and the last ep is improving the quality.
May 4, 2022 7:17 AM

Jan 2011
I don't know guys. This was a bit of miss to me. I feel they are gonna find some bullshit to keep Ost in the plot. I feel this has been a bit of a mess and I just hope whatever is after this arc, gets better. Let's hope season 3 isn't canceled. I wasn't feeling this episode even if I like Ost. It makes everything that was dumb feel even more dumb. Like they knew she was a part of it. They could have killed her and be done with it.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 4, 2022 7:19 AM
Jan 2022
Book hero, Kyo Ethnina, for me he is like evil side of Naofumi, like in appearance they look similar, but Kyo Ethnina is definitely more provocative. I liked him for teasing Naofumi about his harem, he represents anime watchers who dislike or hate harem lol.

About Ost, she is clearly revealed that she is the tortoise spirit itself not just tortoise spirit part. Who is actually villain here, Ethnina or Ost or both? Looking for next episode.
Ardi8May 4, 2022 7:28 AM
May 4, 2022 7:22 AM

Sep 2021
This past 2 episodes have been better than the first 3 ones, the adaptation has improved a lot, i really like the OST in this episode, and its always fun to watch L´Arc, as always there are some imperfections in the faces drawings were there isn´t really action in the scene, but at least the anime is improving the adaptation
May 4, 2022 7:37 AM

Sep 2015
The only good thing about this arc so far is this white haired guy.
May 4, 2022 7:42 AM

Nov 2014
So he's the antagonist of the arc? Well it might have been Ost all along, but I can't say I think much of him yet. I also can't believe they just chucked the other world heroes into some side cave after we finally get some decent characters back on screen.

I guess the big moment was supposed to be us being shocked it was Ost or upset that we might lose her as a character. But I don't really care about Ost because they've introduced her so badly lol
BurningSpiritMay 4, 2022 7:45 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
May 4, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2021
I see, that's why I smelled Ost as fishy previously since she is the spirit tortoise core itself. It makes sense and reasonable. Now, with Ost's real identity revealed and with the appearance of the Book vassal weapon wielder, things are getting more interesting and anticipating.

May 4, 2022 7:54 AM
Apr 2022
Rishia is getting on my nerves.She Is overacting like she has known ost for ages.She is even protecting ost who can't die until spirit tortoise dies.she is the most dumbest character ever.I think that she will remain as most hated protagonist side kick in anime history.
May 4, 2022 7:56 AM

Nov 2014
At least Naofumi is asking the real questions: last week about turtle's poop, now about Glass' clothes. And no, I'm not being sarcastic here - I'd really like to know answers to those myself.
May 4, 2022 8:04 AM
Apr 2022
I am actually really interested as to why glass is wearing those new clothes. also the season seems to be getting better since the last last two eps. And interested for the fight with Kyo too.
May 4, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
Naofumi and gang meeting the 3 Vassal Heroes (L'Arc, Therese and Glass) to eliminate the 4 Cardinal Heroes, their motive now is different with the same objective as the gang to kill the one that broke the Spirit Tortoise's seal. But given their circumstances, it's easy to see why Naofumi didn't want to call a truce for them to join forces for once before fighting each other eventually.

Instead, they press on and find the dragon's hourglass embedded within the Spirit Tortoise which serves as vessels for souls to protect people from the Waves when released. At least, that was Ost's job as not just its familiar but the heart itself to make sure that the Spirit Tortoise did the job, and the haphazard Book Vassal Hero Kyo Ethnina has to be the villain antagonist of this arc...just feels decent.

The only way to defeat the Spirit Tortoise is to defeat the core, which is Ost herself...no shocker revelations here.
May 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2019
I like how this guy just went and call Naofumi party a harem. Well, can't say he is far from the truth.

Next week looks like there's going to be a fight, and sure enough this time they can finally kill that tortoise right

May 4, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2016
Now we know much more of the truth surrounding this whole incident. Just as Ost begins to regain the sum of her memories. Meeting the massive asshole Book Hero Kyo. The one who's been behind everything up till now, the one whom unleashed the spirit tortoise to start with. Not the most pleasant guy but an entertaining villain, definitely more interesting than the pope from season one. Kyo is just a crazy dude, off his rocker and then some. You know he's bad when Larc, Therese and Glass have come from their world to stop him from wrecking havoc. Kyo mouthing off to Naofumi like its nothing, definitely thinks very highly of himself since he knows what's really going on with Ost. We see her begin to piece it all together in her mind throughout the episode but it connects at the end when Kyo lays it out. She IS the spirit tortoise basically, not just a familiar but connected to its core making her essentially the spirit tortoise itself. Meaning she must die to stop it and stop Kyo.
May 4, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Nobody saw that coming at all.
May 4, 2022 9:01 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was alright. If Ost being a core was supposed to be a twist, I didn't get it at all.
Her appearance and introduction in the first place was very odd, so if she dies it's not that big a of deal. They should just kill her to stop the turtoise and worry about the other guy later.
May 4, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2020
Of course she was the core herself, just do something about her real quick and move on. Though i guess it won't be that straight, them right off killing her.
May 4, 2022 9:39 AM
Mar 2021
Destroying Heart = Destroying Core
Meeting Book Hero Illusion = Meeting actual Book Hero
Is it just me or we had the same reveal happened twice in the same episode. Even the Book Hero’s dialogue was almost the same for those two encounters.
May 4, 2022 9:46 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Naofumi meeting with L'arc and when this guy asked for a truce and for later they kill each other Naofumi refuses the proposal and discovers that Ost is himself turtle spirit
May 4, 2022 10:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite her role as a taker of souls Ost proved to her friends and allies that she can break free of her programming if given the chance. Just because you were created to be a familiar doesn't mean that you can feel feelings. Given the animosity between them an alliance was never an option but at least both parties are able to proceed separately. Im really liking the bonds thats forming between Rishia and Ost though. It was nice seeing the girls feel the same way as well. Still that made their assault on the heart ever harder because of the damage that is done to her as well when they're attacked. Im glad that in the end Ost didn't perish but looks like Naofumi and team will be in for a hard fight against the culprit. The revelation about Ost's true identity really added to the tension as well and would serve to make their upcoming battle a much harder hurdle as well. Hopefully L'arc's team will have much more of a role within the battle Next week.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2022 10:28 AM

Jun 2021
06:55 Even Naofumi need to talk to Raphtalia about Glass's new look. She is slaying.
May 4, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
I did expect Naofumi to turn down L'arc and his team's offer to work together and for this part, that was probably the right call for him to make. While L'arc's team were tricked all too easily by the book hero, Kyo, Ost's guidance led Naofumi's team to Kyo and we saw how much of an arrogant bastard he is.

The team makes quick work of the tortoise's "heart" which didn't make Ost disappear. Instead, she ended up regaining her memories and guides the team to the true core of the tortoise, or rather, thank to Kyo spelling it out, Ost was the core of the spirit tortoise all along, which led to Kyo using the power of hindsight to taunt Naofumi's team for not knowing sooner.

Those cheap attacks aside, it was pretty clear that Ost wasn't going to be killed off earlier and that she still has an important part to play with what remains of this arc. Overall, this episode was rather good and an improvement over the earlier episodes of this arc.
May 4, 2022 10:33 AM
Jun 2020
What a plottwist, Ost has to be killed. Turns out, that's why she said "kill me" in the first (?) episode. Shocker...
May 4, 2022 10:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well seems like they need to defeat Ost to defeat the turtle since she's the core of it... I don't care about her tbh so they better do that quickly xD
May 4, 2022 11:15 AM

Aug 2019
Based on the adaptation speed so far, next episode should be the last of the Spirit Tortoise arc.
They managed to adapt 2 whole volumes in 6 episodes!
In comparison season 1 was: 5 episodes for a volume.

If they keep up this speed they're gonna butcher the New World arc too...
May 4, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 2021
Maybe it's just me, but I don't care about a single character in this show.
May 4, 2022 11:35 AM
Apr 2022
It's official. Shield hero s2 is turning or maybe already became like TPN s2

May 4, 2022 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
CeoofGoodTaste said:

Dont exgerate it is not happening like that at all
May 4, 2022 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
They made me chuckle pretty good when she was like "yeah, I'm fine, not that it is a good thing tho", Naofumi knows what's up and is wondering about the hottest girl in the series and her outfit.
May 4, 2022 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
kicking rishia would bring the world happiness

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 4, 2022 12:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Alright so big dilemna here. Kill Ost and lose a new member of the harem, or let her live and sacrifice countless lives as the Tortoise continues to run rampant? Decisions decisions.

Oh geez I do wonder if they're going to inexplicably come up with a compromise which stops the Tortoise as well as keeping Ost alive. There's no way they'd be able to accomplish such a seemingly impossible task... right?

For real though I am looking forward to the next episode to see how Naofumi handles this

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 4, 2022 1:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Shield Hero has come face to face with the Book vassal hero Kyo Ethnina after meeting up with L' Arc, Glass, and Therese. Kyo is the one who came to Raphtalia's world and broke the seal of the Spirit Tortoise. After slashing the heart, the Spirit Tortoise still doesn't die as Ost Hourai is still standing. Ost guides the Shield Hero's party to the core where Kyo was waiting for them only to reveal that Ost was the core of the Spirit Tortoise all along.

I found it funny when Kyo called Naofumi's party a harem. No wonder the Spear Hero is jealous because Naofumi is always surrounded by women like he's the real harem king.
May 4, 2022 1:53 PM
Nov 2018
I don't want to be one of those guys who write "Hey guys, is this show any good?" as if they can't be bothered to check for themselves.

But I did check, the whole first season. I liked it but became disappointed from around the time they fought a friggin' dinosaur. And I thought the ending with the colored waves was bizarre.

So I have to ask, is season 2 better?

I have heard that Arifureta 2 is better than the first season, maybe I should watch that one too. For the first season I just remember all the fun everyone had trashing it in the forum.
May 4, 2022 1:56 PM

Feb 2022
Well this episode was slightly better than prior, including established characters and conflict helps to a degree but I'm still struggling to care about Ost and this very cliche reveal.

Not sure what to think of the book guy since we didn't see much of his power, just his arrogance and nonsense. Curious where we go from here though.
DroebieMay 4, 2022 1:59 PM
May 4, 2022 2:50 PM
Dec 2017
Hegar said:
I don't want to be one of those guys who write "Hey guys, is this show any good?" as if they can't be bothered to check for themselves.

But I did check, the whole first season. I liked it but became disappointed from around the time they fought a friggin' dinosaur. And I thought the ending with the colored waves was bizarre.

I have heard that Arifureta 2 is better than the first season, maybe I should watch that one too. For the first season I just remember all the fun everyone had trashing it in the forum.

You look at the ratings, and you have your answer. Ofc S2 is far worse. Imagine the worst parts of S1 with worse animation and direction, while the established characters have even less personality, and the "new" characters are irritating, and you get S2.

Although if you liked Arifueta, then you can watch this as well, and you will like it, because its literally hard to find worse trash isekai, than Arifueta, compared to that level this is enjoyable.
May 4, 2022 2:54 PM
Nov 2018
fenrirr2 said:
Hegar said:

You look at the ratings, and you have your answer. Ofc S2 is far worse. Imagine the worst parts of S1 with worse animation and direction, while the established characters have even less personality, and the "new" characters are irritating, and you get S2.

Although if you liked Arifueta, then you can watch this as well, and you will like it, because its literally hard to find worse trash isekai, than Arifueta, compared to that level this is enjoyable.

No, as I said, the fun part about Arifureta was trashing it in the forum. But I heard the second season was better. So maybe Shield Hero 2 would be better too. But I guess not. You'd think they'd have time between seasons to build it up. What a downfall from a good beginning that had everyone talking. Well, thank you for replying. I have too many anime to watch now anyway, suddenly. Two months of no anime and it builds up.
May 4, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2015
Just when you think this can't get any worse, a new episode appears
May 4, 2022 3:18 PM

Sep 2018

To think this may be the worst or at least bottom three currently airing anime that I'm watching right now lol. Around 20 anime. Hurry TF up with this spirit Tortoise BS and also get these lame, boring characters off my screen already, you garbage sequel.
May 4, 2022 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
I think it was already pretty clear the totise women was more that just your everyday familiar. Whatever, lets get some badass kick ass action happening next weeek!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 4, 2022 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
This arc isn't over/10
May 4, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
Unwatchable. There wasn't even any action to distract you from how bad this show is.
May 4, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 2022
-ShadowClaw- said:
CeoofGoodTaste said:

Dont exgerate it is not happening like that at all

I'm not exaggerating.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

231 by LegendaryGast »»
Apr 8, 5:07 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.