Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
Coach Fukuda's tip for the selection team that the Youth team are handicapped by playing positions outside of their comfort zone, even with a year's difference it still feels too much for them to overcome, losing willpower and morale altogether.

Even to Aoi, it feels like he has also given up altogether as well with Akutsu's goading, but the fire in him hasn't let up, enough for Hana and the audence to cheer him on and playing by his own rules (plus lil' Hana's inspiration). Others like Ohtomo and Tachibana follow Aoi's lead, and in the spirit of competition they managed to outwit the Youth team and inch a goal with Aoi's swift thinking like a Crow for their final 10 mins of the match. Nice goal, and magnificent teamwork to the trio.

Aoi coming to learn that Fukuda's decision for the strong Youth team to play in a reverse formation, is deliberate for their training as well as in their mental fortitude, that's typical out-of-the-box training. But for Aoi, the reason for scoring that goal was more than just subtle footwork, it's family that changed his attitude to becoming a true professional soccer player, and that he'll take it to heart.

A letter from Hana, but unlike the contrary love letter, it's a meal schedule for soccer players...plus her own phone number if Aoi needs clarification (jealous enough friends?). But Aoi needn't look for her, as the official letter sent proves that he's accepted and signed in the prestigious Tokyo City Esperion soccer club. Soccer got Aoi's future for good, and it's gonna grow from here on.
KANLen09Apr 30, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 30, 2022 4:24 AM
Jan 2020
Why does the official subs comes so late, when it releases this early?
Apr 30, 2022 5:04 AM

Jul 2017
Ronninn said:
Subs is subs, TV is TV. Have a good understanding of 2 different things.
Apr 30, 2022 5:12 AM
Jan 2020
KANLen09 said:
Ronninn said:
Subs is subs, TV is TV. Have a good understanding of 2 different things.
Yeah, I'm talking about how slow the subs comes out.
Apr 30, 2022 5:31 AM
Feb 2021
Another amazing episode. Lowkey the struggle to not just read ahead is painful but I'll wait until the adaptation for season 1 ends

Does anyone know how many episodes it will be?
Apr 30, 2022 6:04 AM

Oct 2017
That was a nice goal and great he made it.
Apr 30, 2022 6:08 AM

May 2021
I love how it was his family's expectations that pushed him forward. That's certainly a nice family he has. And I'm glad he's aware.

Definitely shipping Aoi and Hana, just like his friends.

Apr 30, 2022 6:14 AM

Apr 2018
Everyone suddenly lost their fighting spirit after the reveal by Coach Fukuda. None of the players were able to play as they did in the first half of the game and were playing dead zombies on the field until Aoi gave a thought about what he wanted to do and what he wanted to become, he made a change. Thanks to his crow vision, he managed to pull of a great goal together with the two other players. I'm pretty sure all three of them will pass, they're not half bad. Anyway, Fukuda really picked a great player out in the bounties. The last half of the episode was hilarious where his old teammates and girl friends were talking about his upcoming plans and so on until they noticed a letter sticking out of his pocket. A love letter from Hana, everyone got a little bit jealous after seeing it. A soccer meal schedule and a phone number? She knows how to play it. Not sure if Aoi hung up the phone after he got the letter from the mom or she's been listening along with them. Not really a fan of the thing with the mom but it is what it is.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 30, 2022 6:23 AM

Jan 2021
Wow! Another beautiful episode. I think im loving this anime so much because i was a football freak for so long. Although for certain circumstances I dont get to play soccer now but i was in love back then. Anyway good episode...
Apr 30, 2022 6:28 AM

Feb 2017
My boys did! Super happy for them. Being a good athlete is 50% mentality and perseverance and our three boys have shown they have it.

RioFS said:

They are so adorable lol. I am sure that will be one of my favorite things about this show.

Conor1203 said:

No official info on it but so far everything about this show feels like a two-cour at least.
Apr 30, 2022 6:48 AM

Jul 2017
Another great episode.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Apr 30, 2022 6:48 AM

Feb 2021
Another banger episode! Finally, he got accepted!

I wonder if he'll be staying at some kinda quarters provided by the club. Pretty sure Ohtomo and Tachibana got in too.

Hana X Aoi ship confirmed?

Really wanna see a mini-training arc with the new team lol.

I really want this show to have 24 eps at the very least.
DeonXApr 30, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 30, 2022 7:01 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Aoi reassuring himself and finding the confidence within him to continue on was great. The goal was awesome too.

I kinda get what he says about just knowing what the other person was thinking and understanding instinctively from looking at the field. I played a little football when I was in school and I kinda get it.

Not sure if I said it before but, Hana is cute. I really like her. xD
Apr 30, 2022 7:03 AM
Oct 2016
Beyond hyped that Aoi got accepted to Tokyo city esperion! He proved his merit at the end of the match scoring that goal. One of the few people left among the candidates whom actually had fight left to keep playing. Aoi, Otomo, and Tachibana had just enough to tag team score one lone goal right at the end. It was exhilarating to see Aoi keep pressing the older players even when he was so tired like everyone was. I was on the edge of my seat hoping they could get at least one goal to prove their worth. So happy that Aoi could show he belongs on this Tokyo club. Having that supreme field vision like a bird being able to see every players movements from above. Knowing when to close in on the ball and when to make a fast break towards a certain player or part of the field where you can tell the ball is about to be. Those inherent instincts can set certain players above the rest like it does for Aoi, putting you in a better spot to make plays on the ball. Just as Fukuda said, soccer is all about how you play off the ball. Where you are when you don't have the ball matters a lot, you can't be selfish and only try when you have the ball. Put yourself in good spots on the field and the ball will come to you naturally. Read your opponents and the balk movement and you'll always be able to make plays.
Apr 30, 2022 7:21 AM
Apr 2022
Dukino said:
Beyond hyped that Aoi got accepted to Tokyo city esperion! He proved his merit at the end of the match scoring that goal. One of the few people left among the candidates whom actually had fight left to keep playing. Aoi, Otomo, and Tachibana had just enough to tag team score one lone goal right at the end. It was exhilarating to see Aoi keep pressing the older players even when he was so tired like everyone was. I was on the edge of my seat hoping they could get at least one goal to prove their worth. So happy that Aoi could show he belongs on this Tokyo club. Having that supreme field vision like a bird being able to see every players movements from above. Knowing when to close in on the ball and when to make a fast break towards a certain player or part of the field where you can tell the ball is about to be. Those inherent instincts can set certain players above the rest like it does for Aoi, putting you in a better spot to make plays on the ball. Just as Fukuda said, soccer is all about how you play off the ball. Where you are when you don't have the ball matters a lot, you can't be selfish and only try when you have the ball. Put yourself in good spots on the field and the ball will come to you naturally. Read your opponents and the balk movement and you'll always be able to make plays.

This is really the starting point. So I am glad you are hyped currently. Really the first four episodes just were introductory. That is why they cut out a decent bit of the extra dialogue and such if I am remembering correctly on the early manga chapters. It really starts to ramp up after this, is all I can really say without spoiling anything. I think you will only be more hyped if the studio keeps up the adaptation to this current level of quality, cause the source material is very good.
Apr 30, 2022 7:35 AM

Dec 2020
UEHSSHRHGJJJHHHH IM SO HAOPOYYY FOR THEM. seriously, great on ashita for getting back up. because he also unconsciously encouraged the other two with that, im liking this trio already

ashita back home ahhh his friends are really great people. im glad none of thems jealous or anything like that bc god im sick of pre story drama. his mom :')))) what a milf. i mean Wow did u guys see her in that teal-ish dress? WOW. but that ending scene fit so well into the ed lol i got a lil emotional
Apr 30, 2022 7:41 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode again. All the praise for this anime is 100% justified. From production to likeable characters, it's a super entertaining package.

Knoixous said:

This is really the starting point. So I am glad you are hyped currently.

It's always a good sign when a sports anime already hooks in the very beginning. You know it will get lit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 7:49 AM
Feb 2020
good job production ig to made a great episode like this keep going and thanks to the staff for this hard work i really love this episode aoi has a really nice backstory

also hana was pretty cute though and the final goal motivation im hooked love it
Apr 30, 2022 8:06 AM
May 2021
Great to see a sports anime that doesn't thrive off superpowers. This episode was great, can't wait for next Saturday
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 30, 2022 8:17 AM
Mar 2022
Literally got goosebumps when ohtomo said soccer da skida this anime not getting appreciation now but it will get soon
Apr 30, 2022 8:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Woah to think that Ao almost fell into the breaking down trap, until he remembered the two person that he mostly cared in the home. Its surely pumped him up, right? Not to mention he got all the support from behind especially from that one angel. Oh yeah, no wonder he nailed in the right time and the right place to score the goal. Then don't forget about the love letter from her! Though, that last sequence with his mom saying, soccer took him away, really brings such an emotional value right cut through the end.

Well enough said, mama, this is still an enjoyable episode, and lets just see how well Ao adapt to his new lifes in Tokyo..
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2022 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
Slow motion movement is the hardest animation for hand-drawn anime, which is why we rarely see it in anime despite it being used a lot in live-action. But Ao Ashi can pull it off nicely, well done.

Aside from the technical aspect, there's only a few point that get me interested. One is the "pity clap", I never play sports competition so I don't know if the athlete should feel good or feel bad when receiving a pity clap, a clap when you're losing, you lose beautifully, like at least you try, but the fact is that you still lose. I'm gonna assume that it depends on the level of the competition. In low-level competition, only results matter, but in a high level, like a match that broadcast to the whole world and winning prize is less than sponsor's contract, receiving a pity clap might boost your popularity and thus you'll get more money from sponsor in the end.

I see something new, I love when the coach force Aoi to explain his action during the field, and we can see that Aoi can think in a rationale manner. Aoi is actually a "thinking type" that disguised as an "instinct type" that yelling at everything.

But I also see something old, like the bird eye view ability, which is like in every soccer anime. Maybe it's better to avoid mention about it from now on. If I remember correctly last year Sayonara no Cramer manage to deliver the fun without talking about this ability at all.
Apr 30, 2022 9:19 AM
Oct 2020
Wonderful! I really felt that win in this episode
Apr 30, 2022 9:19 AM
Feb 2021
Tsarko said:
My boys did! Super happy for them. Being a good athlete is 50% mentality and perseverance and our three boys have shown they have it.

RioFS said:

They are so adorable lol. I am sure that will be one of my favorite things about this show.

Conor1203 said:

No official info on it but so far everything about this show feels like a two-cour at least.

I’m praying it’s a two cour. So underrated rn tho damn
Apr 30, 2022 9:59 AM

Jul 2021
Truly one of the best episodes in this adaptation! I'm proud that there is a better quality in the gameplay, yep definitely that is the major highlight of the episode!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 30, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
As someone who played soccer for 8+ years it shows that the author has a good understanding of the sport and I love it. Even going over how active thinking about problems and focusing on that is what really makes you improve and become a better player. Players watching their replays/analyzing how certain players behave in certain situations. Loving what you do but being frustrated/wanting to give up at points but reminding yourself why you do it is a more realistic approach compared to other sports shows. There are rarely some over the top situations and the flow of the match is really easy to follow.

The pacing is a bit slow and we need to establish some more characters (which is probably gonna happen in the main team) but then its going to look really promising. IMO its quite underrated so far. If it can pick up on those 2 aspects and keep its strong suits I think it could easily be a 8+ show. Great episode
Apr 30, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 2022
honestly didn't expect ao ashi to be my top 5 when april started but here I am w just 4eps in n already adopting my boys, feeling so proud of three musketeers for not loosing their cool n going in for that goal; i really hope the pacing remain this good bc rn this show has me hooked on edge of my seat. can't wait for aoi's journey in tokyo
Apr 30, 2022 10:23 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Of course Aoi got accepted to play with Tokyo City Esperion after being the only candidate to score a goal. Now its off to Tokyo for Aoi. So far this series has taken the same beats from Ace of Diamond which is not a bad thing.
Apr 30, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
Best episode so far. Really proud of Aoi; of course he was going to score the last goal and get accepted, but it was still exciting to watch everything unfold. Finally the tryouts are over. Time for him to move to Tokyo and play in the prestigious soccer team. But Aoi you better respond to Hana, don't just call her and leave the poor girl hanging lol.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
This bird eye thing is cool. Best episode so far
Apr 30, 2022 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
Great moments in this episode. But I'm still not 100% convinced. For example: I don't know if it's a translation error and/or if I'm really nitpicking here, but when Aoi shouted, "Who said I'm giving up?" my first thought was who says something like that in a team sport. In real life, he would have said something like, "Who said we are giving up?".
Apr 30, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2015
Dan-Te said:
Great moments in this episode. But I'm still not 100% convinced. For example: I don't know if it's a translation error and/or if I'm really nitpicking here, but when Aoi shouted, "Who said I'm giving up?" my first thought was who says something like that in a team sport. In real life, he would have said something like, "Who said we are giving up?".

I don't think it's wrong for him to say I, he was very caught up in the thoughts of his family and his personal goals and it seemed as if Fukuda personally asked him "Are you giving up?" Anyway, in Japanese he said something without pronouns at all, like "Who said about giving up?" But depending on situation it could have been translated as I or we equally.
Apr 30, 2022 12:52 PM

Aug 2015
oh this anime is getting good, i like how they are giving each character a little introduction and such, i hope it gets better overall
Apr 30, 2022 2:23 PM
Jun 2020
this one is definily the best episode!!!
Apr 30, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2011
Lots of shounen in this seinen
Apr 30, 2022 4:20 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Despite that he's pretty scummy, Akuta's still the only one worth noting out of the youth squad so far. Even if their team is playing out of position, they still couldn't mark a whiteboard. I expect we'll see their true potential later on, as of course, we're still focusing on Aoi and co so far - with Akuta as a rival.

Congrats to Aoi for making the cut. It's not like I had any doubt though, both narratively, and the fact that only two others were really playing.
LezetApr 30, 2022 4:37 PM
Apr 30, 2022 4:28 PM

Aug 2020
I feel like soccer's taking you away from me.. Damn, that single moment from his mother is all i wanted but this show is just too good. The soccer battle gave me goosebumps and I already love the characters

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 30, 2022 5:10 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Noriko Aoi is freaking hot... I wonder why nobody has made a move on her.. i mean when any woman who looks that good they would probably be dating one of the pro football players....

Apr 30, 2022 8:58 PM

Mar 2020
Goosebumps there. Nice Goal!! The three of them did and a great job and everyone too, arigato for believing.

And yatta Ashito-kun's accepted!!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 30, 2022 9:46 PM

Jul 2019
Ao has a strong sense of himself and where he came from is a really nice touch. A good adaptation on this part because it does add to his characterization. Family and upbringing are important and I'm happy to see it.

I do also notice consistent animation of movements and gameplay. My worries are gone at this point given the past few episodes. Yeah, it's a good adaptation with good pacing. Some sacrifices need to be made for better pacing and enjoyment.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 30, 2022 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
So as expected, the match was mainly to test one's resolve and spirit. Good thing Ashito is your standard sports anime protagonist and has a lot of both. That said, I'm glad he managed to get in.

By the way, Ootomo's free kick was actually pretty decent. He should keep practicing.
May 1, 2022 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
I freaking love it that we have a good football anime that we football fans deserve. Looking forward to the rest of the season. ❤
May 1, 2022 12:55 AM
Sep 2020
-Kara said:
Despite that he's pretty scummy, Akuta's still the only one worth noting out of the youth squad so far. Even if their team is playing out of position, they still couldn't mark a whiteboard. I expect we'll see their true potential later on, as of course, we're still focusing on Aoi and co so far - with Akuta as a rival.

Congrats to Aoi for making the cut. It's not like I had any doubt though, both narratively, and the fact that only two others were really playing.
well you can't really expect strikers wingers and attacking mids to play full backs and centre backs as great as they can in their original position. Akutsu is an out and out defender (like Sergio Ramos) so he can adapt to both attack and defend easily. Also half of the youth team aren't even in the youth team, they are the reserves to say the least, players that are going to get introduced later on are absolute beasts compared to Akutsu.
May 1, 2022 2:25 AM

Jan 2016
Ao Ashi is literally more about proper strategies so yes you can't expect strikers and attacking mids to play full backs/centre backs if its not their original position. Of course there are a few unrealistic parts in terms of what some of them are capable of, but the vast majority of the tactics, strategy, and everything else is legit.
May 1, 2022 3:02 AM

Oct 2016
Man, that was a great episode.

That goal had me feeling

Really looking forward to the next episode, didn't have to leave Hana hanging like that though.

May 1, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 2020
Very cool! Ao Ashi really blew me away. As a person who loves football, I am very grateful to be able to watch Ao Ashi. When Ashito got the letter containing his pass from his selection, it really touched me that I ended up crying. I give this anime a 10/10 score.

May 1, 2022 11:27 AM

Dec 2019
Another amazing episode.

Easily my favorite episode so far

Cant wait for next week
May 1, 2022 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
GingZ said:
This birds eye thing is cool. Best episode so far

it is really cool. Ever since I watched Koruko No Basket, I have been so into this birds-eye thing in sports. It is so fascinating to know that there might be some humans capable of such perception or even close to such perception.

Checked out Koruko No Basket?

I'm kinda glad Aoishi possesses such ability. I just hope he meets a counter and then things can SWEETER!!!
removed-userMay 1, 2022 12:03 PM
May 1, 2022 12:38 PM
Oct 2017
AddaeAkono said:
Of course Aoi got accepted to play with Tokyo City Esperion after being the only candidate to score a goal. Now its off to Tokyo for Aoi. So far this series has taken the same beats from Ace of Diamond which is not a bad thing.
I’m literally getting the exact same vibes… and as you said, not a bad thing!
May 1, 2022 4:28 PM

Jun 2019
Another episode down. I still don’t have strong feelings either way about this series. Very middle of the road for me. Maybe it’ll get better once he joins the youth team.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.