Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Saki and his decisions...

Episode is fine with its mixed of drama and comedy. Honestly, this episode needed that breather moment when some of the cast took a break at the pools. It's a refreshing experience to take mind off of their work.

Apr 27, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
It's business as usual at Ryokushou, and while Nagomu gets labelled as an old man, Itsuka spends more time with a co-worker: Saki.

Saki is the kind of character that has expectations ingrained from birth, but it's his father Heigo which broke immediately into comedy, and seems that their clientele's son Tadashi has someone whom he admires in Ryokushou, someone that's closely related to Saki. The last thing I would've ever expected Saki to do was to cross-dress to relive his stress, and Itsuka knows it before Nagomu did. Too bad Tadashi, you missed the mark, but at least there's a story to be told of the flower language, of feelings and emotions. Don't try cross-dressing for fun Nagomu.

Beating out the Summer heat, and Nagomu's former girlfriend Kanoko is back to get Ryokushou sweets and hand out some pool tickets for use. It's a breather session that Nagomu is only being free and cheap, missing out on the fun shared with Saki, Itsuka and Kanoko. Nagomu and Kanako might have already broke up, but still share common interests within each other of relation. Nagomu is really being a pest to extreme things for Itsuka's sake though, and that's commendable for baby steps of understanding.

Nagomiu's band friend Yukihira is also nearby, how will Nagomu react to his disheveled Senpai's appearance though?
Apr 27, 2022 8:55 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, they had us in the first half not gonna lie ... The lesson from this episode: If you have two sons, and a sweet shop, you let the younger be the owner after you done, cuz if not ... they turn weird.

Thankfully we got a swimsuit bit after that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also is it too far fetched to say that Nagomu's senpai is Itsuka's father ?
Apr 27, 2022 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Crossdressed Saki lmao... However, the best thing was when Nagomu tried to crossdress to be a big sister for Itsuka. That was totally weird.
Itsuka's father!??? ummmm...... At least, he is still alive.

Kanoko in bikini ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 27, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2015
I know that staying in the closet is one of the option too, but I kinda expect Nagomu to offer Saki a choice to coming out of the closet with his help. They downplay crossdressing as a kind of spur-of-the-moment activity and not discussing deeper. But maybe they know that, from the conservative environment of traditional confectionary shop, coming out is really not a good option. I think Saki is kinda have a crush on Nagomu (which is why crossdressing Saki quickly deny Tadashi confession), but Nagomu seems unaware of this, or he just doesn't mind.

Meanwhile Yukihira is closer than I thought.
Apr 27, 2022 9:17 AM

Jan 2021
Saki... Don't just give up your habit like that.
Did Nagomu really composed that letter? Bruh that was well done. How?
We got to see Nagomu crossdressed and it's hilarious.
They better go to the swimming pool because like Nagomu says it really was so hot.
And umm... is that Itsuka's father???
The op and ed of this show are the Best songs of the season. Really the best. I've been listening to these like hours.
Apr 27, 2022 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
Saki got my pp confused lol. Loved his half of the episode, think they handled the cross dressing well. But, the swim park was the highlight of this week for me. Anything with Kanako is golden. Hoping she and Nagomu get back together later on.

Next week looks like it’s gonna be spicy with Tomoe back in town, who I’m pretty sure will be revealed as Itsuka’s father. If that’s the case, it’s interesting how he left both Nagomu and Itsuka suddenly, another thing the two have in common.

People are missing out on a great watch here!
Marinate1016Apr 27, 2022 9:24 AM
Apr 27, 2022 9:25 AM

Jun 2021
I think it's pretty obvious now that Nagomu's senpai is actually Itsuka's father.

Fun fact: The water park featured in this episode is based on the Kameoka Sports Park Swimming Pool.
Apr 27, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Well the father part was kind of obvious but personally i hope Itsuka doesn't fall under his custody anymore.
A meeting might be alright but after what he did i don't think he is fit anymore to raise her.

Anyway the crossdressing part was funny.
Apr 27, 2022 9:35 AM

Sep 2020
I didn't realized that the photo is a boy! It's nice that Saki does things he's interested in.
Also the mc afraid of pool or is kind of hilarious~
Apr 27, 2022 9:47 AM
Mar 2022
It’s was a fun episode. After watching the next episode preview, I can’t wait for next week’s episode
Apr 27, 2022 9:48 AM

Feb 2022
The one time Itsuka does not go investigate the music, Tomoe Yukihara is there
Apr 27, 2022 10:21 AM

Sep 2015
Looks like Itsuka's dad is Nagomu's senpai and a person he looks up to. Must be devastating for Nagomu when he finds out his idol is in a worse state and even more irresponsible than him.

Surprised that Nagomu's grandma is still alive and looks much healthier and more lively than his dad. Looking forward to it.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Apr 27, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I was surprised when we learnt Saki likes crossdressing and that he was the girl Tadashi saw xD.
And Itsuka's father seems to be there...
He is also Nagomu's senpai!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 27, 2022 12:02 PM
Jun 2021
Refreshing and feel-good episode for me. I like this series. I plan to visit Kyoto soon. wanna buy all the sweets mentioned in the series
Apr 27, 2022 12:27 PM

Jul 2016
Hey, what's up with everyone lowkey shitting on Nagomu's actions and efforts? His father, his mother, his ex with the "he left me" bs, probably his grandmother next episode, etc. They treat him as if he was useless but the guy is actually quite the opposite smh.
And honestly, if he's treated like that just because he's carefree and a little bit childish, then I 100% expect Itsuka's father to get shot the moment he appears in the store. At least.

That said, so-so episode overall. First half with the crossdressing issue felt like a waste of time with how random it was and the pool segment didn't offer anything new aside from the obvious confirmation of Itsuka's father being Nagomu's supposedly respectable senpai.
Apr 27, 2022 1:32 PM
Mar 2018
So Yukihira who was Nagomu's senpai is also Itsuka's father, did i get that right?
Apr 27, 2022 1:57 PM
Mar 2021
I thought she was Saki's old sister, but she is Saki himself in crossdressing. I can't do anything, but just laugh so hard. Good resolution from Nagomu. Next week seems about love war.

I wonder why Itsuka's dad threw her to Nagomu's family. Something must be happened. I'm curious.
Apr 27, 2022 2:29 PM

Jul 2014
I don't even remember Saki being introduced by name before this, so I had very little interest in his story in the episode's first half. It and the trip to the pool all just ended up feeling like padding for the big reveal that Nagomu's senpai is actually Itsuka's father (not that it was much of a twist, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's voice is far too easily recognisable for that). Also, everyone treating Nagomu like he's useless dirt has really worn thin now.

Why does this show feel so disjointed?
AtavisticApr 27, 2022 2:32 PM
Apr 27, 2022 2:37 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Itsuka just casually leaving the pool floaty behind for Nagumo tho. My hart

edit: Also is there going to be a pattern here? Because it seems like it's alternating between GREAT episodes (1 and 3) and somewhat "meh" ones (2 and this one, 4). So if this simple pattern continues, next week it'll be a GREAT Deaimon episode. Hopefully

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 27, 2022 3:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode felt a little disjointed because we had two separate segments. The first one was with Saki's cross dressing causing a misunderstanding with a customer, but doesn't go into complete detail why Saki wants to cross dress other than it being a habit he picked up from university. The second segment Nagomu, Saki, Itsuka, and Kanoko go the pool. It just so happens that Nagomu's senpai and possibly Itsuka father was there too, but they completely missed each other. Seeing Nagomu flailing around in the pool was pretty funny.
Apr 27, 2022 4:35 PM

May 2021
Another great episode. First segment was hilarious. Second segment was also good but we got hints of Itsuka's father as well.

Apr 27, 2022 4:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice that we got a semi-pool episode, but I did really like Saki’s plot, I honestly had no idea until I heard him speak that it was him crossdressing, that’s a damn good look lol, but I like how supportive Nagomu was and I’m glad Saki fixed the situation with Tadashi, I wonder how he would have reacted if he knew the truth, maybe he’d be into it lol.

The pool bit was good too, it was nice of Itsuka to suggest something Nagomu could be a part of since he can’t swim lol, and I also like the bit we learned about Kanoko in the changing room, still hoping she gets back with Nagomu there. We also definitely saw Itsuka’s dad this time, and it’s very likely he’s also Nagomu’s senpai, interesting that they showed him like that tho.
Apr 27, 2022 4:45 PM

Sep 2018
Itsuka's Dad, they got the "dead-beat Father" look down packed, haven't they? lol, grey hoodie, unshaven, seedy looking eyes lol...
Apr 27, 2022 4:57 PM

Feb 2017
hmm so dad/senpai is still around. i'd think after ditching his kid he would've moved far away and he wouldn't even step foot in kyoto again. tragic backstory for senpai incoming?

also, this is maybe the first (or one of the very very very few) beach episode i've watched without anime boob physics and guys who are flustered and stuttering around girls in bikinis

placeholder text
Apr 27, 2022 5:09 PM

Aug 2020
Crossdressing as an escape and freedom. Then we got the swimming pool episode where Nagomu is not fond of the water

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 27, 2022 6:59 PM

Nov 2011
The Kanoko and Nagomu relationship issues actually infuriates me and intrigues me at the same time. It infuriates me because they each think the other broke up with them...BUT THATS NOT THE CASE DAMMIT.
But then there's episodes like this where they learn more about each other a little bit and the development grows.
I do hope they end up together in the end but their "break up" like was never confirmed.

Yukihira is def the father... and a shitty one (probably) at that.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 27, 2022 7:57 PM

Mar 2018
To be honest, who'd go after a girl if they are already the lock screen of another dude.

Wholesome swim episode, hopefully their miscommunications are soon sorted.
Apr 27, 2022 8:53 PM

Nov 2018
SoraSenpai said:
The Kanoko and Nagomu relationship issues actually infuriates me and intrigues me at the same time. It infuriates me because they each think the other broke up with them...BUT THATS NOT THE CASE DAMMIT.
But then there's episodes like this where they learn more about each other a little bit and the development grows.
I do hope they end up together in the end but their "break up" like was never confirmed.

Yeah, that's one of those plots that annoys the crap out of me... particularly in this case, since Kanoko is fully aware that he thinks she dumped him, so all she has to do to resolve it is say something.
Apr 28, 2022 12:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man its about time the other side dude got his little focused part. But, not like that, honestly, its shock me to the death xd. Who could've thought he's escaping his family problem by become a crossdresser and then caused trouble for their shop customer with that unexpected misunderstanding?

Pretty random plot and yeah, i feel like that was quite unresolved, even if the customer thing already cleared out. Since they just left Saki family problem hanged just like that. Legit i thought Nagomu would intervene again like what he did with Mitsuru. But, well, looks like they did a different approaching here, so i just hope the best for Saki career, or at the very least, keep working hard for Nagomu sweets shop, right?

The second part is absolutely a blissful moment. Kanoko appeared again and its swimsuit time! Man, look at how adorable seeing Itsuka handing over that floaty like that. Then by having the slightly plot movement with Itsuka father face reveal, i feel like Deaimon reach a whole new stage with that....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 28, 2022 6:02 AM

Feb 2014
A very wholesome pool episode with no or minimal fan service.

It's getting more likely that Nagomu's senpai is Itsuka's father, the reveal in the coming episodes most likely since they are building it up.

This anime is a late addition to my Spring simulcast list and it's totally worth adding.
Apr 28, 2022 3:01 PM
May 2020
astaghfirullah.
Apr 28, 2022 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
A non-cishet character that acts like an actual human being in a japanese anime, instead of being a shitty dump of bad stereotypes ??
10/10
Apr 29, 2022 3:32 AM
Aug 2021
So here Kirito and Eugeo are Senpai and Kouhai in terms of music (Guitar)

I mean the Voice Actors are Matsuoka Yoshitsugu-san and Shimazaki Nobunaga-san were together again haha
StaciasApr 29, 2022 3:39 AM
Apr 29, 2022 6:16 AM
Nov 2018
Meh, hope this caracter won't appear more, would hate to drop this. It was so good, but this ep.. damn.. so bad
Apr 29, 2022 9:13 AM

Aug 2019
I had no idea Saki would turn out to be the person in the photo, but life is full of surprises. He’s doing a wonderful job at cross dressing tho. Anyway, I think it's about time for people to start treating Nagomu better, especially since he's been trying his hardest and assisting others a lot recently. That was, without a doubt, Itsuka's father.
Apr 29, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Ya know.. I can't just get over how this anime handles the issues.. It practically handled the crossdressing dude issue with the most maturity I can ever see in an anime.. Like feck..

Crossdressers are mostly used as gag joke or something tragic

Love the pool segments.. Kanoko looked freaking great
Apr 29, 2022 8:15 PM
Apr 2014
Sheesh why does mc get shat on so often :/

And I know its not romance but.. how long they gonna milk Nagomu and Kanoko 'breakup'

Apr 30, 2022 12:40 AM

Dec 2020
ayy diving into saki's character !! im liking him even more now.

but ohh is nagomu's senpai is probably itsuka's dad huh? and thats why he left her at the manju shop. bc he's familiar with them and knows that they're good people. kinda having mixed feelings tho. he seems to be still doing his guitar gigs, but i shouldn't have negative opinioms already. he may have just left itsuka there so that she doesn't have to experience the life she did with him any longer, and is now doing guitar gigs to just . surive lol
Apr 30, 2022 3:01 AM

Nov 2013
Crossdressing came as something random lol - thought she was Itsuka's mom!
If guitar-senpai is indeed Itsuka's dad, then the world is TOO SMALL lol. If that's the case, it seems like his dream failed (for which he literally sacrificed the daughter for) and now lives like a hobo, playing here and there for some quick cash.
Apr 30, 2022 7:39 AM

Jun 2016
crossdressing nagomu while waiting itsuka is funny as hell !!

i think nagomu senpai is the father of itsuka ??
Apr 30, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
Hope Nagomu and Kanako are together again

May 1, 2022 2:48 AM

Apr 2018
I really love this anime but the misunderstanding between Nagomu and his girlfriend is unbelievably stupid.
May 1, 2022 4:46 PM

May 2012
SouthRzVa said:
Hey, what's up with everyone lowkey shitting on Nagomu's actions and efforts? His father, his mother, his ex with the "he left me" bs, probably his grandmother next episode, etc. They treat him as if he was useless but the guy is actually quite the opposite smh.
And honestly, if he's treated like that just because he's carefree and a little bit childish

Agree , I'm enjoying the show but mean spirited with Nagomu is leaving me bitter taste.
May 2, 2022 9:24 PM

Aug 2021
He didn't think he liked to dress up as a woman and that caused the misunderstanding, although he already solved it somehow and they also went to have fun at the pool, Nagomu if he went through his problems.
May 12, 2022 11:34 PM

Feb 2019
So I guess they haven't got back together (yet). I sure hope they do soon. Kanoko is just such a nice girl... and hot too lol

Wait, so there's a really heavy indication that Nagomu's senpai is Itsuka's father? I didn't catch that much. But that'd be an unexpected twist..

But in that case, wouldn't Nagomu's parents know it was him? After all, Nagomu said his senpai used to come over a lot.
May 13, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2016
This episode was meh.
May 27, 2022 3:36 PM
May 2019
Poor Saki. At least he's become more of a noticeable and interesting character to me lol

I like to see Itsuka warming up to Nagomu a little bit. Nagomu is the 'disastrous,' screw up of a son at Ryoukushou, but I don't find him THAT bad. So, Itsuka seeing more of Nagomu's good or responsible sides is nice.

Sucks that for the first time Itsuka doesn't run off to find a guitar player and that time happens to be the one she was searching for.
Jun 9, 2022 9:22 PM

Jan 2020
Am I the only one getting annoyed by how Nagomu is getting treated? Like wth is up with his stupid gf claiming that he dumped her after pulling off that bs. F Kanoko
Jun 28, 2022 1:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
From the beginning I was sure it would be Saki crossdressing xD but he looks great like that.
Also the pool part was interesting, I believe Nagomu's senpai is Itsuka's father
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2022

84 by TuchasNuchas638 »»
Apr 20, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2022

61 by defaulticus »»
Apr 3, 9:40 AM

» Asking what happen at the manga

FeliksXzl - Jan 9

1 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Jan 9, 10:27 AM

» What are our thoughts on this one?

sorames - Jun 12, 2023

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 7, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

53 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jun 21, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.