Apr 21, 2022 4:48 PM
Apr 2021
The two last arcs or the whole manga

i prefer the whole manga to adapt

conkerlikeN64May 5, 2022 5:25 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2022 6:58 PM

Dec 2012
If it's a full adaptation, I hope it's given the Brotherhood / Fruits Basket treatment and remastered with the highest quality that it deserves.
Apr 21, 2022 7:43 PM

Mar 2021
A remake of "Rurounin Kenshin" just wouldn't be the same without the original "Sobakasu" song being the OP.

It would be like trying to do a remake of "Cowboy Bebop" without the "Seatbelts" doing the sound track.
ColourWheelApr 21, 2022 7:56 PM
Apr 21, 2022 8:38 PM

Nov 2018
It'll probably start from the beginning and aim to attract newer generations/fans.
Apr 21, 2022 8:52 PM

Jun 2019
I'm praying to every deity on Earth and in space that it will be a full adaptation of the manga. I really want to see the Jinchu arc animated. I want to see how the fights will be animated in a much newer style. Hopefully no crappy filler. I wonder if they're gonna scratch the two little girls since they weren't in the manga (probably will). Curious if the ost from the original will be re used or completely revamped. I'm getting ahead of myself since we don't even know much about it. Buuut I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully it will shine a new light on such a great Shounen series.
Apr 22, 2022 2:33 AM

Mar 2022
I didn't know there's going to be a new adaptation. That's cool, it means the manga still performing good numbers. Just don't change the opening and ending songs, that's all I ask.
THE JAPANESE SHOULD STICK TO MAKING CARS AND ANIME - GARY K. JOHNSON

Apr 22, 2022 3:07 AM

Oct 2018
I feel like it's going to be a full remake from the beginning to the end of the manga. Lidenfilms being the studio isn't really making me excited about the project in anyway. It might even be a Blade of the Immortal type adaptation where they rush the entire adaptation since the manga is already complete. The only ray of hope would be if somehow Hiroshi Hamasaki ends up as the director, his last 3 works were at Lidenfilms.
Apr 22, 2022 3:28 AM

May 2018
Oh wow, a new adaptation of Kenshin. I hope there won't be fillers. And I do hope they make it more serious than the old version was, where they just simplified everything and changed/removed many important moments just to be more fit for kids.

Apr 22, 2022 3:44 AM

Jul 2021
Should be everything. Too much time has passed to just continue the story with the last arcs. Songs should be the same though, they're too good.
Apr 22, 2022 3:46 AM

Oct 2010
the first adaptation was perfect, kyoto arc is still one of the best things ever made in anime. It would be fair of them to adapt the rest of the manga and invest in the last fight.
Apr 22, 2022 7:34 AM

Apr 2022
If is a full adaptation, I hope they make it akind to the Trust and Betrayal OVA's and not so childish like the original anime.
Apr 22, 2022 7:44 AM

Apr 2010
Well... The art style is ruining all the seriousness tho...
Apr 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2020
It's Lidenfilms. So the adaptation will be mediocre as always.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 22, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
I'm more curious whether they author gets any money from that new adaptation and if so how much of it will directly go to the production of CP.

There's literally nothing that can get you cancelled in Japan, if CP doesn't do it. Oh, unless you're an idol who looks at a male, then your career is over. What a wild country.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 22, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2018
I think it’s the hokkaido arc, because the Junchi arc already had two live action movies based off of it.
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Apr 22, 2022 9:53 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Probably Hokkaido arc? I don't know but hope it's as good as the original series and not a big disappointment like the shaman King remake...

Apr 22, 2022 8:36 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to the series sub-board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Apr 23, 2022 5:41 PM
Apr 2021
SoapySamurai said:
I'm praying to every deity on Earth and in space that it will be a full adaptation of the manga. I really want to see the Jinchu arc animated. I want to see how the fights will be animated in a much newer style. Hopefully no crappy filler. I wonder if they're gonna scratch the two little girls since they weren't in the manga (probably will). Curious if the ost from the original will be re used or completely revamped. I'm getting ahead of myself since we don't even know much about it. Buuut I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully it will shine a new light on such a great Shounen series.

Yes, i specially want to remove the censore specially on the backstory specially the one who fight with fist (i forgot his name) but i want hes backstory to be the original one and not that flashback
Apr 23, 2022 5:44 PM
Apr 2021
Etherius_ZS said:
I feel like it's going to be a full remake from the beginning to the end of the manga. Lidenfilms being the studio isn't really making me excited about the project in anyway. It might even be a Blade of the Immortal type adaptation where they rush the entire adaptation since the manga is already complete. The only ray of hope would be if somehow Hiroshi Hamasaki ends up as the director, his last 3 works were at Lidenfilms.

The thing i most want on the adaptation is to remove the censored or atleast to not have alot specially on the backstorys

Here is a comment that i respond to another user about why i want that and gonna paste it becauser i am to lazt to rewrite it

" i specially want to remove the censore specially on the backstory specially the one who fight with fist (i forgot his name) but i want hes backstory to be the original one and not that flashback"
May 3, 2022 2:37 AM
Jul 2020
since lidenfilms is helming this project they will definitely skip most of the chapters to rush to the end somehow but if they do adapt it nicely I'll be more than happy
May 18, 2022 4:59 AM
May 2009
most likely all arcs, but I expect Kyoto arc to be rushed so they can get to Jinchuu faster.
I think this is gonna be between 39-52 episodes.
and don't think it's gonnabe seasonal cause that would delay even further the adaptation of the new material.
Also the remake was announced december 21, and so far we havent got much news. I think they are on full production to make it as one year run

now, even if it's rushed, if they give jinchuu a good solid 24 episodes, I can rest in peace
AlphchanMay 18, 2022 5:06 AM
May 18, 2022 6:43 PM
Apr 2021
Alphchan said:
most likely all arcs, but I expect Kyoto arc to be rushed so they can get to Jinchuu faster.
I think this is gonna be between 39-52 episodes.
and don't think it's gonnabe seasonal cause that would delay even further the adaptation of the new material.
Also the remake was announced december 21, and so far we havent got much news. I think they are on full production to make it as one year run

now, even if it's rushed, if they give jinchuu a good solid 24 episodes, I can rest in peace

yeah i dont want it to be seasonal
Aug 21, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2017
Reppunsha said:
i think if it is made completely manga-oriented like Brotherhood, it can be in the top 10

It would be really amazing to see that , but it won't happen.
If Tsuioku-hen alone didn't made it , there is no way the complete story surpass it , especially if they re-adapt those chapters faithfully , the comedy will greatly turn-off those who loved the 1st adaptation.

If it really is a remake , i think it'll hit 8.50 at max.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 21, 2022 12:52 PM

Jan 2017
Reppunsha said:
i think it can also attract new anime viewers with today's animations, if the remake is made completely faithful and all arcs like tsuioku-hen are included, it will result in a complete work and it will satisfy the audience better. n short, if the whiole story is done in a single season and with today's animations, i think it will be very successful.

Well , we'll see.
It was not even confirmed if it was a remake anyway , it still could be an adaptation of Hokkaido-hen.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 24, 2022 8:08 PM
Apr 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Reppunsha said:
i think it can also attract new anime viewers with today's animations, if the remake is made completely faithful and all arcs like tsuioku-hen are included, it will result in a complete work and it will satisfy the audience better. n short, if the whiole story is done in a single season and with today's animations, i think it will be very successful.

Well , we'll see.
It was not even confirmed if it was a remake anyway , it still could be an adaptation of Hokkaido-hen.

i think it will bring more people if is seasonal but i prefer not being seasonal
Sep 23, 2022 9:46 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
2023 release. Studio Lidenfilms.

Himura Kenshin: Some Saitou
Kamiya Kaoru: Rie Takahashi

I'm interested. PV looked okay though.

https://twitter.com/ruroken_anime/status/1573535306275426306
_MushiRock11_Sep 23, 2022 9:54 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2022 11:50 PM

Jan 2018
Do you guys think I can watch if I just watched a bunch of loose episodes of Samurai X back when I was a kid 20+ years ago?
Or should we rewatch it before this secuel drops to make sense of it?
Sep 24, 2022 4:06 AM

Feb 2021
I think it will be a complete manga adaptation without any fillers and run for 52 episodes or even more.
Sep 24, 2022 4:26 AM
Mar 2019
Zekkenshin said:
If it's a full adaptation, I hope it's given the Brotherhood / Fruits Basket treatment and remastered with the highest quality that it deserves.
or hunter x Hunter 2011 reboot. Everything is reboot just like Hollywood remake from original foreign movie
Sep 25, 2022 6:53 PM
Apr 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:

Lol thanks for letting me know they had release a pov i dint know that and looks fantastic
Oct 22, 2022 1:52 PM

Dec 2017
I was going to say "Didn't this end in the 90ies???" but then I realized it was a remake.
Nov 1, 2022 4:59 AM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Reppunsha said:
i think if it is made completely manga-oriented like Brotherhood, it can be in the top 10

It would be really amazing to see that , but it won't happen.
If Tsuioku-hen alone didn't made it , there is no way the complete story surpass it , especially if they re-adapt those chapters faithfully , the comedy will greatly turn-off those who loved the 1st adaptation.

If it really is a remake , i think it'll hit 8.50 at max.
trust and betrayal was 8.98/10 years ago, it just dropped the scpre massively because of biased scores people these days pulls, even tho i like the rememberance arc as much as trust and betrayal and why people gets turned off with the comedy ? Its pretty funny
Nov 1, 2022 5:01 AM
Apr 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:

damn his oro is male i cant get used to it
Nov 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Jan 2017
slenderblak said:
why people gets turned off with the comedy ? Its pretty funny

As i said to you in another thread , comedy tone down the seriousness , cruelty and sadness of the past of Kenshin. (And it's the case for all works , which is why you can see peoples complain about "bad comedy" in things like FullMetal Alchemist , Kimetsu no Yaiba , Hellsing etc.)

Most of those who discovered Kenshin with Tsuioku-hen don't really like the Main Series , as it's totally different in tone. (Which is also why it's that much beloved by fans)
If now they see a Remake of it with the original comedy that the Manga had , there is no way they'll like it.

As for the score , yes , i know , it was even #1 for some times , but today it's not.
If Tsuioku-hen today doesn't make it nowadays , i really don't see how a (faithful) Remake will.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2022 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
slenderblak said:
why people gets turned off with the comedy ? Its pretty funny

As i said to you in another thread , comedy tone down the seriousness , cruelty and sadness of the past of Kenshin. (And it's the case for all works , which is why you can see peoples complain about "bad comedy" in things like FullMetal Alchemist , Kimetsu no Yaiba , Hellsing etc.)

Most of those who discovered Kenshin with Tsuioku-hen don't really like the Main Series , as it's totally different in tone. (Which is also why it's that much beloved by fans)
If now they see a Remake of it with the original comedy that the Manga had , there is no way they'll like it.

As for the score , yes , i know , it was even #1 for some times , but today it's not.
If Tsuioku-hen today doesn't make it nowadays , i really don't see how a (faithful) Remake will.

because people who start with trust and betrayal doesnt get why kenshin is smiling in the main series, his optimism as a rurouni is to differ from the hittokiri battosai he was, sure trust and betrayal focus more on the cruelty and sadness of the past of kenshin but comedy never ever changed that he did suffer from cruelty and sadness, they are just layers in him,and trust and betrayal was only a 4 episodes ova which is why to be honest since fmab with all its comedy and seriousness is still #1 of mal i cant see why not a full remake of rurouni with good pacing and animation wouldnt even surpass the ova
Nov 1, 2022 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
slenderblak said:
because people who start with trust and betrayal doesnt get why kenshin is smiling in the main series

Oh sure , it's a problem that comes with starting a series with the Prequel anyway , too bad for them.

slenderblak said:
but comedy never ever changed that he did suffer from cruelty and sadness

Of course , but it's more subtle with it.
Without comedy , it's thrown at your face so much that you just can't do anything else that live it with him.

slenderblak said:
since fmab with all its comedy and seriousness is still #1 of mal i cant see why not a full remake of rurouni with good pacing and animation wouldnt even surpass the ova

FMAB is pretty much a mixed bag , so there is plenty reasons to love it even with forced comedy.
Do the same for something like the Chimera Ants of Hunter x Hunter , and i'm sure that it'll not be as loved as it is nowadays.
Tsuioku-hen was so gritting , i truly don't see how a Remake will meet the expectations of those who watched the OVA.

So yeah , i don't see the Remake doing more than 8.50 once it finish airing , but if does , i'll be really happy.
RuroKen is quite a forgotten series , and it's really gratifying to see such series get a revival. (Especially with new Animes fan , that didn't experienced such unorthodox protagonist in Shounen)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2022 8:23 AM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
slenderblak said:
because people who start with trust and betrayal doesnt get why kenshin is smiling in the main series

Oh sure , it's a problem that comes with starting a series with the Prequel anyway , too bad for them.

slenderblak said:
but comedy never ever changed that he did suffer from cruelty and sadness

Of course , but it's more subtle with it.
Without comedy , it's thrown at your face so much that you just can't do anything else that live it with him.

slenderblak said:
since fmab with all its comedy and seriousness is still #1 of mal i cant see why not a full remake of rurouni with good pacing and animation wouldnt even surpass the ova

FMAB is pretty much a mixed bag , so there is plenty reasons to love it even with forced comedy.
Do the same for something like the Chimera Ants of Hunter x Hunter , and i'm sure that it'll not be as loved as it is nowadays.
Tsuioku-hen was so gritting , i truly don't see how a Remake will meet the expectations of those who watched the OVA.

So yeah , i don't see the Remake doing more than 8.50 once it finish airing , but if does , i'll be really happy.
RuroKen is quite a forgotten series , and it's really gratifying to see such series get a revival. (Especially with new Animes fan , that didn't experienced such unorthodox protagonist in Shounen)

then i guess im pretty optimisitic myself but real the vibes rurouni kenshin gives im sure with the right adaptation its gonna come out on top and idc if its gonna get 8.50 or less after it finishes airing, the list always changes by years and mal is pretty much inconsistent in their score and i dont trust them much, with the audience these days maybe its gonna get a high score maybe not, but as far as i follow, it deserves a way higher score than most high score mangas rn
Nov 11, 2022 9:08 AM
May 2020
Nemo_Niemand said:
Oh wow, a new adaptation of Kenshin. I hope there won't be fillers. And I do hope they make it more serious than the old version was, where they just simplified everything and changed/removed many important moments just to be more fit for kids.

Fillers are less common nowadays, not to mention it's a complete manga. I've never heard of filler arcs added to adaptations after the completion of their manga.
Nov 11, 2022 12:48 PM

May 2018
JizzyBizzy said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

Fillers are less common nowadays, not to mention it's a complete manga. I've never heard of filler arcs added to adaptations after the completion of their manga.

I don't care whether it will be the full adaptation from the very beginning, or just Jinchuu arc. I just want it to get Bleach treatment, not Sailor Moon treatment.

Nov 22, 2022 7:11 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I think my biggest concern is:

"Is this a standalone series? Or do I have to watch the original?"

P.S. I have seen all the live action Kenshin movies
Nov 24, 2022 10:08 AM

Jan 2017
xkazutox said:
I think my biggest concern is:

"Is this a standalone series? Or do I have to watch the original?"

P.S. I have seen all the live action Kenshin movies

It's a reboot , so you can watch it without knowing anything before it. (We still don't know if it'll be a full adaptation tho)
Note that the original Anime did a perfect job at adapting the Kyoto Arc , and it'll be hard for this reboot to do as good.

But since you watched the Live-Action , no matter what it could adapt , it could watch it anyway.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 11, 2022 3:06 AM

Feb 2021
I hope they adapt all the manga chapters. It would be amazing to watch!
Dec 18, 2022 12:16 AM

Aug 2012
Hopefully Lidenfilms pulls a call of the night on us and NOT a tokyo revengers on us.
This studio is very hit or miss to be doing a full remake of a beloved show hahaha

The trailer looks really good though, so I think it'll be the former
ShidotekiDec 18, 2022 12:21 AM
Dec 18, 2022 5:45 AM

Feb 2021
Shidoteki said:
Hopefully Lidenfilms pulls a call of the night on us and NOT a tokyo revengers on us.
This studio is very hit or miss to be doing a full remake of a beloved show hahaha

The trailer looks really good though, so I think it'll be the former

Yes, trailer is amazing! I hope they adapt all the Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan manga in 52 episodes!
Dec 18, 2022 5:55 AM

Jan 2017
Memore said:
I hope they adapt all the Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan manga in 52 episodes!

52 Episodes is far from enough.

With a faithful adaptation , Episode 52 would be around the very end of/just after the Kyoto Arc.
With the Jinchuu Arc being just a little bit shorter than Kyoto's , i would say around 85 Episodes is needed... (Just a little bit more if they slow the pacing of the Tsuioku Chapters , and include the short Epilogues)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 18, 2022 6:31 AM
May 2009
52 episodes only work if Jinchuu get half of it, 26 episodes cuz it's never been adapted before.
the bummer would be to cram tokyo+kyoto into the other half.

unfortunately today we have to wait for worst case scenarios. 52 is almost certain what we're gonna get, with 62-64 being a better case scenario.
more than 70 episodes is whishful thinkin imo
Dec 18, 2022 7:03 AM

Feb 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Memore said:
I hope they adapt all the Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan manga in 52 episodes!

52 Episodes is far from enough.

With a faithful adaptation , Episode 52 would be around the very end of/just after the Kyoto Arc.
With the Jinchuu Arc being just a little bit shorter than Kyoto's , i would say around 85 Episodes is needed... (Just a little bit more if they slow the pacing of the Tsuioku Chapters , and include the short Epilogues)

Alphchan said:
52 episodes only work if Jinchuu get half of it, 26 episodes cuz it's never been adapted before.
the bummer would be to cram tokyo+kyoto into the other half.

unfortunately today we have to wait for worst case scenarios. 52 is almost certain what we're gonna get, with 62-64 being a better case scenario.
more than 70 episodes is whishful thinkin imo

Oh, I haven't read the manga, sorry. Yes, 85 or 90 would be enough number of episodes.
Dec 18, 2022 3:45 PM

Jul 2020
Alexioos95 said:

Ruroken is not forgotten, at least not in Japan. The live-action films have done very well commercially and have been praised as some of the best live-action anime adaptations. And the Hokkaido Arc volumes have been selling at least 300K volumes each release.
Dec 18, 2022 11:20 PM

Jan 2017
Zen98 said:
Ruroken is not forgotten, at least not in Japan. The live-action films have done very well commercially and have been praised as some of the best live-action anime adaptations. And the Hokkaido Arc volumes have been selling at least 300K volumes each release.

If you talk about the 2 The Final Movies then yes , they are literally what revived the series.

As for Hokkaido-hen , the Manga was not doing great at the beginning , with around 130K per Volume for the first 3. (The 2 Movies were announced around the release of Volume 4 , and surprisingly the sales for this one exceeded 300K)
And even 300K is still low considering that we are speaking about one of the most popular series from the 90s.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 20, 2022 7:51 PM
Jan 2011
New pv dropped

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The sound design is epic

saikyozero - Jul 6, 2023

6 by banshee229 »»
Apr 21, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

101 by Jirokissaw »»
Apr 11, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

70 by Videogamecoper »»
Apr 4, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2023

290 by mdshies »»
Mar 31, 11:50 AM

» Any voice actors from the original dub?

Skoorb - Mar 29

3 by Otaku_4511 »»
Mar 31, 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.