Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2022 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, Ard not only got asked to participate in a battle event but also a date by Ginny. Someone sure is popular. Hell, he even scores a date with both Ginny and Ireena the same time.

Ard pretty much playing the role of a hero by challenging that demon..idk why but that speech felt so off. It seems the queen wants to marry Ard and have a child with him. The amount of times 'harem' mentioned this episode also felt like a meme.
Apr 20, 2022 5:31 AM

Apr 2014
I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider villager.
Sasuga Ard-sama. He is getting more and more well-known each episode, even though he did not want to be like that at all. lol...
Harem with your childhood friend, succubus, and a queen??! Why not?!
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 20, 2022 5:44 AM

Oct 2017
Ginny wants Ard to have a harem, a woman of culture. So Lydia was that type of character eh, I like her even more and hope to see her in the present. The queen is quite amusing and she's a beauty too.
Apr 20, 2022 6:02 AM

Dec 2021
The beam scene remind me with Kenja no mago, The Queen scene basically looks like strongest sage with weakest crest. Really like Ireena and Ginny, also Queen Rose soon hehehe. Ard u are son of b.tch, 3 episode u already have 3 love interest. this is moving so fast, lesgo next episode
Apr 20, 2022 6:04 AM

Apr 2021
Ard's peaceful life has ended lmao. Now he get's himself a harem of beautiful women.

Apr 20, 2022 6:17 AM
Jul 2021
Hilarious to see him watching it , his best friend HAS to be reincarnated right? Oh man Ginny, she's going to be lewded like a MF'er on Rule 34s lol
Apr 20, 2022 6:19 AM
Mar 2021
meehh , kinda boring episode, I want to drop it but I'll see some more
Apr 20, 2022 6:27 AM
Sep 2020
Ard watching himself on opera not being himself it's too hilarious.

I wonder how can ireena be flat sometimes and on other times she has big breasts, it is too confusing.
Apr 20, 2022 6:34 AM
May 2020
pretty decent and chill episode
Apr 20, 2022 7:03 AM

May 2021
Imagine a typical nobody calling a bunch of cultists "small fry".

Apr 20, 2022 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
The son of the great sage Ard almost got his character exposed thanks to Olivia, but getting asked out to a date by Ginny is first strike, though Ireena also wants that feeling that's not one of a harem. Ginny is so cultured lols.

The date that consists of watching his own past life's factually incorrect stage play, only to be ravaged by boobs and the inclusion of some "small fry" cultist demon radicals disposing Queen Rosie, it's easy-peasy for Ard while both Ginny and Ireena are the usual stunned O.O faces.

Of course, putting Ard and the demon's easy battle for all to see, Ard is quickly commended and put in the spotlight. Ireena being friends with Queen Rosie is too normal, but for her to embed Ard with praises, Ard is just asking for one thing simple that Rosie adds one too much.

The commoner's life is getting ruined more and more...
Apr 20, 2022 8:03 AM
May 2021
It is good to watch
I guess

Apr 20, 2022 8:07 AM

Jun 2021
I love Ard's reaction to how the play got his legend completely wrong! And him telling the girls that they should fly after the demon like it's the most obvious thing ever lol.

Sorry Ireena, but it looks like Ard is gonna have his harem one way or the other. Besides the Queen, there are still more girls who have yet to be introduced
Apr 20, 2022 9:12 AM

May 2018
The harem is inevitable lol. Imagine going on a date with everyone at once
Apr 20, 2022 9:35 AM

Feb 2019
Ireeny and Ginny are great companions with a a lot of plot to them 😆

Pretty solid episode, I’d say the best we’ve had yet. Nice mix of slice of life, comedy and action. Ard just can’t catch a break tho
Apr 20, 2022 10:37 AM
Sep 2015
In this episode I can actually point out one good thing, it's the stage play that pass down the legend, even though Saihate no Paladin's bard song did it much better.
Apr 20, 2022 11:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So Ginny just approved a harem. Based succubus, acknowledged.
Date with two beautiful girl, why not for just a commoner like Ardo-kun, right?
So, Lydia, was not what you think. She's a wild one. I wonder why she's died, must be related to how she behaved...
In the end, there's some unfair beef, with a little fry, he said.
But ofc its too unfair till its attracted more attention than needed. Imagine Ardo-kun not knowing the consequence he's got with that show-off.
Kekw. Ridiculously a hilarious queen. I already like her initial appearance, when she's so honest and pretty much humble to the deep of her bone. Almost had a similar vibe to the goddess from isekai assassin, some season on the past. But as expected, Ardo-kun monologue bring such a let-down.
Let it flow, op mc. You deserve all that nice change!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 20, 2022 11:43 AM
Dec 2017
Not gonna lie if it wasn’t for the last scene with the queen I’d think the anime would be better without those two girls.
Apr 20, 2022 11:58 AM
Mar 2008
I usually enjoy ridiculous mage isekais (strongest sage with the weakest crest, wise man's grandchild, the misfit of demon king academy, etc) but 3 episodes in, this one isn't sitting right with me for some reason.

If I had to try and guess why it's rubbing me the wrong way, maybe it's a lack of worldbuilding? I don't expect the deepest lore from my OP Isekais but I feel like the others I mentioned crafted more of a backdrop than we currently have from this one within the same time frame. Things about how magic works, the nations, the geography, etc.

It seems like so far we only got a nod in the form of the magic script system back in episode 2 but it's been quickly abandoned by this next episode with the MC just chucking spells about again the old fashioned way and the girls not getting to use their new-found casting at all.

We didn't even get his rescue of the little girl explained. He just said "oh I used an illusion." Ok... but to do what? Are you saying the girl was never kidnapped in the first place despite the demon grabbing her before he came up the hole? Why would the mother thank him for rescuing her if that were the case?
I'd assume he used the illusion to cover up his rescue of the girl... but we don't know how he did it or even what the actual illusion was. It's fine to chuck a fireball without a detailed explanation because it's obvious how it works, but when you say something was done with illusions it kinda needs a bit more detail if it's anything more involved than the usual obvious decoy that didn't exist (e.g. fake wall that someone blunders through, magic duplicates with fake attacks, etc)

The queen just handing out magic ranks on a whim also indicates that I guess they're not 100% based on magical talent. They just tossed Ginny triangle as a whimsical reward even though they have absolutely no idea what her magical talent level is. It's not even like elf-girl vouched for her either, she just asked that she also get a reward too just for being present :P

I dunno... it's weird to me that I somehow feel like an anime that's so tongue-in-cheek that it has a guy beating someone to death with just his heartbeat is more fleshed-out/realised than this one. But hey, that's just my take on it so far :P
Apr 20, 2022 11:59 AM
Mar 2021
The hooded bad guys think that was ards full power, i think ard has more considering he was the demon lord.
Apr 20, 2022 1:44 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Ard got asked on a date by Ginny but Ireena tagged along xD. Seems his commoner status isn't going to last for long either....
CONSIDERING HE BEAT A DEMON!
He, Ginny and Ireena were rewarded by the queen and though Ard didn't want pentagon rank, he still got it as well as the increased budget for his school lol.
Seems even the queen asked him to 'impregnate me'! (as a joke...but I'm sure it wasn't xD).
Ginny's obsession of harems is cool also!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 20, 2022 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
weird episode.. will not lie.. am extremely interested in Lydia.. or whatever the name of the woman in the play was..

the last scene was funny.. dropped my score to 7.. and hope it doesn't falls anymore..
Apr 20, 2022 2:07 PM
Nov 2021
What's the point of having multiple girls if they just have the same cow-titted body?
Apr 20, 2022 2:08 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Dumbest reincarnator I've ever seen. He didn't even try to fulfill his own desire properly.

Dropped. 1/10 overall.
Apr 20, 2022 2:15 PM
Sep 2021
There are a lot of animes with a op protag harem that gets super popular fast, but this one seems to do it well dunno why.

I liked the episode as others said mix of slice of life & action, can't wait for next episode.

side note is it just me or is there not many decent animes with a succubus in them? that isn't 150% fanservice.
Apr 20, 2022 2:58 PM
Mar 2022
When i first saw the trailer i knew it was another anos 😂
Apr 20, 2022 3:50 PM

Dec 2016
Geminosity said:
I usually enjoy ridiculous mage isekais (strongest sage with the weakest crest, wise man's grandchild, the misfit of demon king academy, etc) but 3 episodes in, this one isn't sitting right with me for some reason.

Neither Strongest sage with the weakest crest nor Misfit of the demon king academy are isekai. They are both reincarnation or "tensei" shows as in protag died in a past era and was reincarnated in a future setting. Lets call a spade a spade, and just drop this absurd tendency to call isekai any show that has a remotely similar fantasy setting.
Apr 20, 2022 3:56 PM

Mar 2015
We knew the isekai would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Overpowered Reincarnation, the destroyer of fantasy anime."
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Apr 20, 2022 4:05 PM

Jan 2020
This is stupid.

Does MC wanna keep low profile or not ? Make a damn choice!

Dropped
Apr 20, 2022 4:34 PM

Aug 2020
Episode 3 was very impressive. I feel like ep 1 and 2 didn't have the vibe yet but this ep amazed me. I like how it leads to Ard being displayed as a powerful man and going ranks up (pentagon). He can't control his shine.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 20, 2022 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
Nice Ginny going all in with a harem already,and it seems she has the assets for a "full frontal attack" as well :)
And the Queen,damn she's forward as well!
Nice going Ardy,three eps in,three hotties down!
Apr 20, 2022 5:09 PM
Sep 2021
éeeeeeeeee eles foi ver um teatro?
Apr 20, 2022 5:50 PM
Dec 2021
The queen straight to the point. “May I have your seeds?”
Apr 20, 2022 6:03 PM

Oct 2008
Ginny's melons are gonna pop-out her chest! O_O
3/5.

Apr 20, 2022 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Boy, i definitely wasn't expecting the queen's scene to go this way xD
When the queen got overwhelmed by how good Ardy is and went to double or triple her promotions on them hahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 20, 2022 8:17 PM

May 2020
Well, we're into the date episode already, hope they stretched the date for a little longer tho. I really find it funny and adorable the way Ginny calls Ireena "Miss Ireena". And it seems like he'll have his harem set up in no time.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 20, 2022 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
Unbearably mid, dropped. All hail the 3 episode rule

Title of this anime is a bait. Its actually called:

The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as A Typical Overpowered Guy

Typical Nobody my ass
ariamachiApr 20, 2022 9:13 PM
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 20, 2022 10:43 PM

Jul 2014
Did the queen just ask Ard to impregnate her in front of everyone? lol. Meanwhile Ireena complained and Ginny cheerfully wanted to add her to the harem... This fucking show! xD.

My goodness, Ginny's outfit for the date... YES!

And I have to say it again, I love how tight Olivia's outfit is. Man, I just love her character design so much. Also, I guess at this point she must already know but she keeps teasing us and Ard about it. Interesting little bit of info we got about their relationship in the past.

What an experience it must be to see a play about your own life, even more so when they get Lydia's personality wrong haha. And then he flew off to the stunned gaze of Ireena and Ginny.

ED is nice.
Apr 21, 2022 6:45 AM
Apr 2022
It's getting weird. And big boobies everywhere, lol.
The magic is meh.
Apr 21, 2022 9:47 AM
Mar 2008
Kimurah said:
Neither Strongest sage with the weakest crest nor Misfit of the demon king academy are isekai. They are both reincarnation or "tensei" shows as in protag died in a past era and was reincarnated in a future setting. Lets call a spade a spade, and just drop this absurd tendency to call isekai any show that has a remotely similar fantasy setting.

I didn't call it isekai because it was fantasy but rather because they were reborn, though now that you've brought it to my attention, you're correct that I used it incorrectly for those titles and this title too because, as you mention, they're being reborn into the same world at a later date, not a different one.

I guess 'OP reincarnated mage' rather than 'OP Isekai mage' would be a more apt description then :)
Apr 21, 2022 9:51 AM
May 2020
Am I the only one who kept hearing Inosuke when one of the Demon "kidnapper" extras were speaking?
Apr 21, 2022 11:45 AM

Oct 2018
Ginny want a harem for Ard... We found the new Momo Belia Deviluke :') Pretty, sexy, hot and funny like Momo, i like her very much lol
Apr 21, 2022 1:22 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Ard talking to an acquaintance from his past life and the school principal about a magic competition but he rejects it because he doesn't want to attract attention and Ginny calls him on a date and at that moment Ireena arrives and Ginny says she doesn't care because she won't monopolize Ard and that he can have a harem but in the end he does something that is recognized by the queen and she herself jokes asking him to be her husband
Apr 21, 2022 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
OMG, i couldnt stop laughing at this queen, best girl? :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 21, 2022 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Ginny became best girl in this anime next to Olivia for approval of Harems. Fuck yeah. I like her initiative in the theater as well.

Okay now here comes the store and we know the evil mastermind is a Female...maybe Lydia reincarnated?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 22, 2022 3:26 AM
Jan 2021
so hes getting more well-known each episode but he just wanted to like a normal life... ive seen this before, as much as i think its repetitive i still love it. ard now also has a harem, even the queen is part of it lol.
Apr 23, 2022 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
All the fighting and the other shit is so boring but thank goodness the girls are cute and sexy

2.5/5

Apr 24, 2022 9:05 PM

Jan 2021
Too much too quick, but I guess that is the formula for these animes. I am enjoying it, but sometimes I get deja vu.
Apr 27, 2022 1:59 PM

May 2015
Ginny is definitely best girl. Cute, innocent and adorable. The other one is too childish. I love how Ginny is like Momo from To Love Ru on how she's fine with the MC getting a harem.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 3, 2022 12:35 PM

Nov 2009
As expected, the Harem is slowly growing.

Still wonder what he's been doing during the timeskip when he was growing up to not learn anything about the current Era...

Tho, Ard still can't fight against the "Boobas", no matter what era, Boobas always wins.

And Ard raging at the Theater Play cause he knows how the actual past is. Looks like they made it out that Lydia is a fragile cute maiden instead of the crazy-for-battle girl.

___ ___ ___

Also, it looks like they keep on screen focusing onto Ginny's Boobas every chance they get. Gotta keep that fanservice up.

___ ___ ___

BTW... why were they so surprised at a "Demon"... when in fact... their whole society is based under "Demon King's" society... HUHH ? ? ?

Ginny is literally a Succubus... part of Demon's sub-race...

Not to mention they have a literal academy for different races... that includes demons...

(And it looks like the "villains" are actually "fans" of Ard before reincarnation... this gonna be an awkward moment when these Fan finds out the person they're targeting is in fact the person they're worshiping...
amlgMay 3, 2022 12:55 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2022

78 by arcensal101 »»
Apr 27, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2022

75 by LunyRem »»
Feb 14, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2022

58 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 15, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

61 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

37 by bunny_animelover »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.