Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
It started with the introduction of Loid and Anya, and very interesting to see how the two characters translates into anime form for the first episode. They picked a solid VA to portray as Anya in this show if you ask me.

Anya behaves like a kid I had expected to would in this show, especially with her personality and interests. She and Loid has very entertaining chemistry so far in this episode. Hoping to see Yor soon in the show.

Apr 9, 2022 7:29 AM

May 2020
At long last this day has come, witnessing the legendary cold-war between Ostania and Westalia from the eyes of one of the most renowned spies, Twilight aka Loid Forger.

Being a spy means you have to be mission ready all time, and yes to become a family being the very first one of them. That brings us to our mascot, Anya, an esper btw giving those classic reactions as usual, also that voice is really suiting her tbh. But hey she got herself into some real trouble lol, though Loid saved the day in the end, in some badassery fashion too. Phew… already loving this adaptation. Cloverworks and Wit nailing this from the get go.

Softhenic03Apr 9, 2022 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
Here it is. One of the most anticipated anime adaptations in my recent memory. And, for me personally, it's even special since I enjoyed the manga really fricking much. I absolutely adore everyone in this manga and what can I say about the characters. I was most excited to see how adorable Anya will be in the anime and they have done a great job.

The first episode was just as I expected. Great. The art style is pretty good. My boy, Twilight looks clean and my little Anya is so precious and cheerful. :3 And, when she was reading thoughts, it was so funny. LOL. The action scenes are amazing as well. Can definitely see Cloverworks and WIT in here. Really excited about all this and I'm really looking forward to this family the most. What an episode. What a great start. Can't wait to see Yor.

Jul 2017
Tatsuya Endo's series finally made into an anime, and this being one of the hottest shows of 2022 with the split-cour this season and in Fall, there's a lot of expectations from the incredible Spy x Assassin story to the collab of Wit Studio and CloverWorks.

(K)NoW_NAME being part of the music composition? That's a legit surprise. Gen Hoshino's ED is such a bop.

The Forger family of spy father Loid, assassin mother Yor (though she will debut next week) and esper orphan child Subject 007 Anya (an obvious direct reference to 007 and MI6), this is Twilight's Operation "Strix": the perfect family covert mission operation that Loid himself must obtain to outwit National Unity Party's Donovan Desmond to complete this mission to save the world.

A spy has to have a great assistant, and Franky is the man for Loid. But Anya's telepathic power is just too ridiculed, and putting both her and the spy in trouble of misinterpreting the situation to get kidnapped herself in the face that she could be disowned by Loid.

The evil organization thought they had hold of Twilight, but Loid's covert rescue mission to save Anya even with the fact that he was once like her, and the spy objective is his lifetime objective to save people where kids don't have to cry.

Of course, Anya being a child, she has to go through the usual things that kids do like school and tests, and she worked her brain off to pass the mission. The next problem is, without a mother, both Loid and Anya can't progress any further...

Not surprising that this was an entertaining and outstanding premiere, a true 1-to-1 with the manga with Chapter 1. What a great start.
KANLen09Apr 9, 2022 10:42 PM

Feb 2018
Woah, good place and background, no wonder the setting is still in the war era, maybe the vehicle is not as good as it is now. Damn, It's still early minutes of the show but they already have action scenes, cars going off the track... It's totally ruined I doubt if the guy survived, xD. Westalis and Ostania? the authorities believe it was an assassination attempt by a far-right party in the east, who are planning a war against in Westerly. So they must find out what Ostania are planning. It is he who has the promise of the most skilled twilight agent. Photo evidence that the Foreign Minister is Tula. Is the wig also a proof? Somehow the explanation of this situation is so fast, especially the dialogue Japanese diplomat dies in crash in Ostania.

This will force Yatsu to resign. Yatsu? It is refer to someone or name? Idk didn't understand with Japanese. What situation in the car is Edoga talking about, They already suspected that guy was a spy, probably Lloyd. It seems they are in a precarious state, their communication channel has been hijacked. This is the frequency used by western organizations.

Uweoooo finally i can see peanuts, anyaaa-chwannn.... Ma, As a result, Edoga could only identify the source. It would be bad if someone found out that Anya was an Esper. A crazy mad scientist, conducting experiments on small children like Anya, even though Anya just wants to draw. Even for Anya, there's no time to cry, damn.

What a perfect ambush, Lloyd is a perfect spy. One villain didn't matter as Lloyd seemed to be an expert in martial arts. The situation was bad for Lloyd it caused the enemy to know Lloyd's identity as a spy, and that too had been kidnapped.

"If you show this, you will be protected by a better orphanage. " What an amazing villain, xD. Best quotes at this day "A world where child don't cry, I want to make it" and yeah as always for child, Anya also hates exams and studying, lol... Good Night Anyaaa~

Jul 2021
Oh, my Twilight knows how to completely finish his mission through disguising, not gonna lie he's pretty good at it, it's almost shape-shifting, and totally lost it when he broke off some engagement(?) with a woman after some couple was proposing to each other and when he spits the coffee onto the newspaper he's reading. Also, the mission to form a family will be the start of his new chapter. The action-oriented segments for the most part were pretty neat and nicely directed.

Anya is a wholesome telepathy peanut lover wholesome blob who we must not mess with her consciousness when our inner thoughts are on and she lacks in education because “she hates studying” yikes, this is going to be tough for Twilight to represent the ideal worthy family whenever there are upcoming events.

Anya entered a 2-way exam at a very privileged private school. I like how the direction shows the struggle behind the exam is, and congrats she passed her 1st exam!

Very enjoyable first episode and to those who are complaining about the fast pacing, it's meant to be fast and the dialogue is very coherent that can take anyone for more or less 3-5 seconds to those who have read it in the manga but they put a lot of effort into really put every detail in the direction of the story. Already my AOTS, Doraemon I mean Dororo chad director has impressed me with the directing here. I can't wait to see the secondary exam.

Fuck she's so cute here
CQLLISTApr 9, 2022 8:45 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 9, 2022 7:31 AM

Feb 2022
As expected from the Wit studio, we got incredible animation.
full deja vu feeling its like I am listening Hachiman again
and of couse Anya is kawaii.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Apr 9, 2022 7:41 AM

Jul 2014
Man Tanezaki really nailed Anya’s voice. The animation was so smooth! Thank you so much for the studios handling this! The love you poured in the first ep was amazing! Hoping for consistent quality! It was so badass seeing Loid kickass animated! Nep we get waifu of the season!!!! Lets go!
Apr 9, 2022 7:45 AM

May 2021
Who the fuck hated it lmfao, its really good.
Apr 9, 2022 7:48 AM

Nov 2020
Phenomenal adaptation, very nearly perfect. Anya's voice actress knocked it out of the park with that one. all around stellar performances by all the characters. OST sounds nice too. High hopes for this one going forward
Apr 9, 2022 7:53 AM

Oct 2015
Jezz there so great hate here from some people lol. Guess that the life of a popular anime
Apr 9, 2022 7:54 AM

Oct 2021
@Softhenic03

Also cool OP they got there.

That’s not the opening song . For ep 1 they only put the ending song .
The opening song will be featured in ep 2 which is next week BY Official HIGE DANdism .
AtoferatofeApr 9, 2022 7:58 AM
Apr 9, 2022 8:24 AM

Jul 2021
This first episode was better than I expected. Great settings, charming and wholesome dynamics between Anya and spy papa, didn't prepare for this much cuteness. Seems promising.
Apr 9, 2022 8:25 AM
Apr 2021
really great !!! VA fits so well, Anya is so cute and when she reads mind i can't help but find it adorable. i love how they portray anya as Mature child but still a child not to forget the great animation and action scene. I keep my hopes up for this anime but this first episode is beyond my expectation.
i will fight any hate comment about anya 🔫
Apr 9, 2022 8:27 AM

Mar 2018
Awesome adaptation! as expected from wit studio, the art and settings are great, the VA's nailed it really well. can't wait for the next episode

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Apr 9, 2022 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
One of the most anticipated anime of this year is finally here and this was a great start, the production is superb. As expected of both the studios behind the adaptation. Twilight x Anya moments were really wholesome. Twilight's a cool guy and Anya's adorable, even more so with Tanezaki Atsumi's voice.

Also I know it'll be a long while before we get to this in anime but can't wait to see this going from here

to here
Apr 9, 2022 8:30 AM

Jun 2019
Action scenes are decent. I'm liking it so far. Glad Muse Asia got this.
Apr 9, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2021
ahh this episode was good as expected, Anya was so cute! lol. Loid will now have to get a wife too. Next episode finally yor enters.
Apr 9, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode, Anya is so cuuuuuuuuuute!!
Apr 9, 2022 8:31 AM

Oct 2021
This is it, my weekly dose of wholesomeness. That ed is pretty much peak diabetes.
Apr 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2022
Wholesome. Anya is cute. Great 1st episode. 2nd episode looks promising with Yor's introduction.

Jun 2021
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?
Apr 2019
I've always felt that spyfam had a weak start in the manga, watching this first ep reminded of that (lol).
Apr 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
Pacing may be on steroids but damn what a good first episode.
Apr 9, 2022 8:34 AM

Jun 2019
Finally!
Happy to see Loyd and Anya in animation.

Now Anya must find her mother to join second screening.
Jul 2020
first episode is fun. i already like it. anya is so cute. cant wait for next episode!!!
Oct 2019
Ah yes the long await Anime Adaptation is here...

Atsumi Tanezaki really deserved the role as Anya, she has a Wider Range of Voice.

What a Strong first episode, it really doesn't feel like 24 minutes at all.

WIT Studio and CloverWorks, i have a faith they will delivered it, and they really did.

Also i want to Thank You Muse Asia for airing this Anime on Youtube.
davidyodo24Apr 9, 2022 8:40 AM
Apr 9, 2022 8:35 AM
Jun 2021
sonu711 said:
ahh this episode was good as expected, Anya was so cute! lol. Loid will now have to get a wife too. Next episode finally yor enters.

Loid and Hachiman both avoid relationships but forced to have one , is this coincidence that they have same VA
Apr 9, 2022 8:36 AM
May 2021
loved the episode 1.They adapted it really well! let's gooooo Yor in next episode. It felt really good to see Anya and Loid wholesome moments in Anime version ❤❤❤
Apr 9, 2022 8:38 AM
Nov 2018
Animation was on point from start to finish, as expected from Wit and Cloverworks. A great first episode with outstanding voice acting. Somehow they managed to adapt the entire 1st chapter which was 70+ pages if I remember correctly. But it has to be done. I think the pacing will be perfect from next episodes (not saying it was bad in this episode but it will be better for sure).
Looking forward to Yor's introduction.
Apr 9, 2022 8:40 AM
Jan 2022
The Animation was expected to be top tier considering it's a collab of a two biggest studio in Japan.

The story wasn't that great but man it's too wholesome and that's why i enjoy it so much Lol i already read the manga and it's a Slice of life Comedy with a little bit of action but overall it's a good anime and the fcking ENDING SONG WAS 🔥 NGL it's fitted for the ending so chilling and relaxing.

Over all a solid 8/10
Apr 9, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2020
Underwhelming. Something is so off.i think it's the music. Ive read the manga and I love it. Though I'd say the first few chapters are also a bit bland. What I think the are trying to do here is build the family first and then make it all a bit upbeat and lively.
Apr 9, 2022 8:43 AM
Nov 2018
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

I agree with it being rushed. But it was due to the 1st chapter being 70+ pages long and they couldn't split it into 2 episodes. I think the pacing will be perfect from next week onwards.

Mar 2021
A fun episode indeed. I wasn't expecting the whole chapter 1 to get adapted in the first episode. It felt fast but boi Anya was cute as hell. Atsumi Tanezaki nailed the voice acting for this one. Seems we are about to see mommy Yor next episode. Actions scenes were decent and I hope WIT Studio would do another animation flexing on the future action scenes just like what they did on VIVY. Can't wait to see the opening as well

Nov 2012
Went in this blind, thoroughly enjoyed it, though I'll still uphold my three-episode rule for this. 8/10

On a related note, the one singer whose song Pop Virus I plastered on EVERY CONSTRUCTED BUILDING IN DEATH STRANDING, Gen Hoshino, has his own ED made for SxF! I couldn't be more proud of him.
SeaJaegerApr 9, 2022 8:56 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Apr 9, 2022 8:44 AM

Mar 2021
I was actually expecting this show to be a bit slow paced. But its not that fast. I really am awed by the level of details they added into the show. Like the reflection of the family in the metro's window when it enters the tunnel etc...

was really hyped for this anime ever since it's dates were announced. Now I am satisfied and glad that the hype I showed is not futile.

As expected of Wit Studio and Cloverworks.
4.5/5 from me.
Apr 9, 2022 8:48 AM

Jun 2021
AbrarTJ said:
Underwhelming. Something is so off.i think it's the music. Ive read the manga and I love it. Though I'd say the first few chapters are also a bit bland. What I think the are trying to do here is build the family first and then make it all a bit upbeat and lively.
Yeah, something is off. It feels different than the Manga, the vibe I mean.
Apr 9, 2022 8:49 AM
Nov 2021
This one looks promising... pretty good episode.... Top tier animation too✨
Apr 9, 2022 8:51 AM
Apr 2020
people were saying it's... wholesome? how tf is this wholesome? this is sad af. It just fucked up my mind now, and I'm gonna keep thinking about it for a few days, it just ruined everything, I was doing so good in keeping myself away from a sad show
Apr 9, 2022 8:51 AM

Jun 2020
Wholesome episode(I am going to use it often).

Anya is adorable! The ending(or the opening?) sounded good too. I always read Loid's lines in Shirogane's voice, but this voice sounds good as well. The pacing felt a bit rushed as others mentioned, lets see if that keeps up.

Yor in the next episode, lets goo.
Apr 9, 2022 8:52 AM

May 2021
Finally the episode was great And Anya is spot on. can't wait for
debut in next week's episode

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Mar 2022
200/10 reallllly loved it

Jul 2013
As an anime-only I'm very impressed. The writing, animation, and voice acting were so good. There were even moments where I almost teared up. What a fantastic first episode.
Apr 9, 2022 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
Just read the first chapter last night to get a feel for this and this episode adapted chapter 1 perfectly. I've heard a lot of good things about Spy x Family and am gonna dive more into the manga so I'm looking forward to this one. Probably the Spring show I'm most excited about.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 9, 2022 8:53 AM

Jul 2012
Interesting so far. Looks like they'll find her a mother next.
Apr 9, 2022 8:54 AM
Mar 2022
Damm!!
Anyas expression are awesome literally this is banger!!!
Apr 9, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
animation quality is great as expected of this director but his slow pace and serious direction or storyboards kinda does not fit comedy shows?

the ED is nice

Yor in the preview though

degApr 9, 2022 10:29 AM
Apr 9, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2019
Looks promising.
I love Anya already, she's awesome.
Apr 9, 2022 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
This is going to be a certified banger
Apr 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
Wow incredible first episode, pretty much only adapted the first chapter so far.
I really like Loid's VA and Anya was amazing too.
Animation was insane too.

Can't wait to see the rest of the family
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.