Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 7, 2022 5:31 PM

Sep 2018
A couple of days ago I said that Aharen-san = Komi-san without the things that make it interesting (good directing most of all). Now I'm even more sure of it.
Apr 7, 2022 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
This episode was absolutely funny, I laugh so much with the new Katai guy.
The season came up beautifully, hoping that the next episodes continue things like this one.
Apr 7, 2022 8:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m very happy to say that Komi Season 2 is finally here, and it barely feels like it left with just Winter 2022 between the seasons, but even a short wait was painful lol. And this was a great first episode to lead off with.

I’ve definitely done the cold hand trick before lol, a classic, when Komi did it to Tadano it was great. I also really like the addition of Katai, the way people see him versus how he sees himself is a hilarious contrast, hope we see more of him, and I also really liked the Yamai and Nakanaka battle over Komi, that’s a rivalry I didn’t think I’d enjoy so much lol. The final scene with the pencils and eraser was also very nice, a perfect way to end the episode.

And with that, we’re in for a brand new season of Komi, definitely very excited to see more. The ED at the end was very good too, very nice art and the song was good, don’t know if it’ll overtake Season 1’s ED for me tho, and I’ll wait on OP visuals to give my full thoughts there.
Apr 7, 2022 8:21 PM

Aug 2020
Komi-san Part 2 is already here!! It feels like the months passed quickly. New character Katai Makoto is interesting. Komyu-san the Communication Master, can't stop laughing. The comedy is still lit and I love the wholesome moments too! This'll be my most awaited show every week.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 7, 2022 9:29 PM

Jan 2020
I've missed this series and I'm glad it's returned. This was a great start and Katai is a nice presence so far. The wholesome parts are as great as ever and I especially loved the Pencil part

Apr 7, 2022 10:09 PM
Nov 2021
Fun show

I ended up watching the whole first season and I don't regret it. Enjoyable and heart warming show, I think anyone who has ever had any social anxiety will be able to appreciate it on a deeper level.

Well done.
Apr 8, 2022 12:03 AM

Nov 2021
Episode was great fun, the part with Katai especially hilarious. Glad to see Komi back!
Apr 8, 2022 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Oi, wtf is this? Madic Pencil?

Apr 8, 2022 1:33 AM

Mar 2021
polybius33 said:
Does it air one week earlier on JP Netflix or something?
Nah, people just watched the fansubs or the raws. It doesn’t actually air on Netflix until April 27th though.
Apr 8, 2022 4:27 AM

Nov 2018
This episode was amazing and it was great to see Komi-san, Chadano, and everyone, even new people, back, till I remembered Yamai Bitch existed, and made an appearance here. Yamai Ren is the equivalent of swollen raisins in kheer. Her existence is forcing me to drop this anime, why does she exist? Wake up, remember Yamai Ren exists, you're day is ruined.
FierBubApr 8, 2022 4:41 AM
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Apr 8, 2022 4:52 AM

Feb 2014
After a 3 month wait, Komi-san is back and this first episode for the second part was really good fun. =)

Katai is a good boy, although everyone assumes differently due to his facial expressions and dyed blonde hair making him look like a typical delinquent. His "stare-ff" with Komi was really funny, but Tadano stepped up and offered to show Katai around the school. I hope we'll see him again soon.

The second half of the episode was great, too, with Najimi treating a study session as an excuse to nap at someone else's house until it was time to play games after Yamai and Nakanaka were slagging each other off instead of studying! XD

The small exam segment was very pure and cute, with Komi and Tadano helping each other out with dropped pencils and missing erasers. =3

The new OP and ED aren't as good as the ones from before, but I still liked them. The ED animation, on the other hand, was excellent. I do love the pixel art style and how everyone is moving fluidly all at the same time.
Apr 8, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
red1130 said:
Oshiete, oshiete yo sono shikumi wo

Najimi: Alexa play UNRAVEL*
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 8, 2022 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
The delinquent misunderstanding made for a hilarious return.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2022 5:29 AM
Jun 2017
that staring part is my fave part in this epsiode.... hahaha
Apr 8, 2022 7:01 AM

Jun 2021
That new guy Katai Makoto is absolutely hilarious! I kinda wish I have half of his training ability, with the caveat that I would pick the sporty look instead of going the delinquent way. You can only stumble that many times before you chase the whole class away with that!

But once again even he falls defeated at the steely scary (cough) eyes of Shouko Komi. Way to go Komi-san! You might not have the attractive ability of Komichi Akebi, but these eyes also work as well on friend attracting purposes!

In other news Nakanaka vs Yamai is highly hilarious, quirky girls always have the most fierce fights out there.

Great start to this second half with Miku Itou's sweet voice ringing in the OP too!
Apr 8, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2018
Good start, it was really nice to see a new character like Katai, it was funny. Also the eraser scene, that was really cute.

Apr 8, 2022 7:26 AM

Jan 2021
A good series to continue. That ed was interesting I like how they roto-scoped.
Apr 8, 2022 9:39 AM

May 2018
It was awesome to see the gang back again, especially Nakanaka!

Komi waking up is so adorable and we can see how the effect of season 1 carried over here and now Komi is using the phone more often!

Makoto makes an entry and makes things more interesting, I'm sure he will have a place in her notebook soon enough :D

I just love to see the bonds between Komi and Tadano strengthen every time! This time it was a nice joint effort in helping each other out during the exam! Super happy 2nd season is here already and I can't wait for more insanity to come <3
Apr 8, 2022 9:59 AM
May 2021
13 down, 87 to go!!!!!!! Komi-san is back for more friend-making and we get to see this just 3 months after S1 ended. Hope S2 lives up to the first season's standards or probably surpass it.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 8, 2022 10:48 AM
Nov 2019
Entire bit with the new guy was hilarious from start to end.
Apr 8, 2022 10:49 AM
Dec 2021
This episode is fantastic.
Apr 8, 2022 4:00 PM

Dec 2018
Katai is actually an interesting guy... I remember someone post a spoiler in fb before... I guess he is the one that fallen in love with the another 'trap' right? Haha... Great character he is. That song scene, the blue hair megane guy dancing. Lol... Can't believe the 2nd season was this fast airing from the 1st one.

Apr 8, 2022 11:00 PM
Oct 2021
WAS IT OUT? I NEED TO WATCH RIGHT NOW

AHGGG ITS NOT AVAILABLE TO WATCH IN MY COUNTRY AHAHAGGG
cnsqwertyApr 8, 2022 11:04 PM
Apr 9, 2022 12:02 AM
Feb 2018
WELCOME TO THE CLUB KATAI! His inner thought version VA is cute lol, suits him, i'm afraid that he's getting a VA with very deep voice but my worry is gone now. Also Tadano and Komi being understanding to each other problem is cute, couple things....

Great start, i also liked the opening.
Apr 9, 2022 12:33 AM

Jul 2015
I want to punt Yamai Ren
Apr 9, 2022 2:49 AM
Apr 2021
the staring scene betweet komi and katai was so hilarious, no cap
Apr 9, 2022 5:06 AM

Mar 2008
Would suck to be Katai having everyone judge you by your looks and for it to not be good.

The little pencil and eraser thing was cute....but it also kinda scares me how strict Japanese schools seem that you cant even get out your desk to pick something up.

Is it just me or does the ED animation look like it's rotoscoped?
traedApr 9, 2022 5:09 AM
Apr 9, 2022 6:11 AM

Jul 2019
Komi was very cute in the intro beginning from painful awakening to a frosty fingers prank. 87 friends to go, bring it on!

Katai seems like a nice guy (I had the same problems in my second university,
constantly postponed my appearance and in the end, unfortunately, didn't finished the education (social awkwardness and mental health issues is no joke)), good thing that he met Saint Tadano, The Lodestar to be better integrated into a school life.

Yamai and Nakanako segment was hilarious, such passion, such vim and all of this just to blush away the skirmishes. Poor Tadano, his remarks stood no chance in the girls circle.

Marvelously stylized ED to the accompaniment of a great song was a cherry on top. I have to say that season 2 opener felt a lot more juicy although the break between seasons was short.
Apr 9, 2022 6:51 AM

Jul 2021
Komi can't communicate is back. This episode was just great, laughed quite a few times this episode. The delinquent stuff was hilarious af. I like how they showed a scary looking dude to be a nervous person inside, everyone just assumes people looking like that to be outgoing and stuff but they can be nervous and introverted too.

The cold hands scene was so cute.

Tadano came back to being Chadano when he started a conversation with Katai and offered to show him around.

The exam part was really cute as well.

The ED is really good, both the visuals and the song. Hoping we get an equally good OP.

5/5 episode, solid start. Can't wait to watch next week's episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 9, 2022 8:05 AM

Mar 2018
Don't know what I expected, but the jokes felt even worse than last season (IMO, of course).
Apr 9, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2017
I love the ED animation.

Apr 9, 2022 12:25 PM

Dec 2019
I remember not finding Komi as funny as it was at first when it was airing last season, but after a 3 month break I really loved this episode. Katai is such an awesome guy and the comedy was nice. The ED is incredible, both music- wise and visually.
Apr 9, 2022 1:56 PM

Nov 2019
Katai made the episode better and Yamai made it equally worse.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 9, 2022 3:45 PM
Nov 2021
Nice episode for a come back in just 6 month
This episode was funny and cute
This season start well I like it
Apr 9, 2022 7:02 PM

Feb 2021
Wow! The animation is incredible as always and the story still can make me laugh XD. The ending animation I like indie/pixelate game and I love it so much!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 9, 2022 7:14 PM

Sep 2018
The fansubs I got weren't that great, have to try out something else next episode. Anyway, as per usual with almost every Komi-san episode to date, very average.
Apr 9, 2022 9:37 PM
Jan 2022
I love it so much I really enjoyed

Best wholesome
Best comedy
Best drama
Best romance

10/10
Perfection
Apr 10, 2022 2:31 AM

Oct 2009
The visuals for the ED is the best I've seen for any show in a long time!
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Apr 10, 2022 2:37 AM

Jan 2021
Oohhh, Komi already has 13 friends! Even though it still takes 87 more people to get to 100... XD but having 13 friends in a short time is still a progress for people who have never had friends in their entire life.

Hihi, that stationery scene was so adorable. I can't wait for Komi and Tadano to become a couple :3

Apr 10, 2022 4:43 AM

Jun 2020
The silent queen is back good to see her again I hope for a much more communicative Komi this season

No way a guy that buff sounds like this inside it's actually wholesome though they're not that really mean or really a delinquent at all just socially awkward like Komi

Tadano knows how to read the room is this the Angel of Komi that was really cute, I like the ED this season it sounds better and pleasing a good job to the artist on that one.
Apr 10, 2022 8:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Looks like i am watching this way too early cause the translation i see still not the best. But anyway beside of that, i am still liking this episode, even if its not that much strong impression like what i receiving from the first season.

Already got a new character been introduced, and his name also already been trying to shown to be powerful. Its Katai. Dude really showed a scary delinquent stereotype while his inner actually not like that. Its a big misunderstanding. As expected too its Tadano and Komi who cleared Katai problem out with a style. Oh yeah, can't believe that 'bang' animation from Komi was so nice. Suddenly my heart got a bullseye with that. Sasuga OLM doing a well done job again here and there....

Alright, so far its still good, and lets see next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 10, 2022 8:23 AM
May 2020
new season and we're back with a bang! komi has made 13 friends in 6 months. it's certainly something
Apr 10, 2022 11:36 AM

Jan 2018
Komi-san returned very fast. It's a treat.

Fine episode. Production value still seems to be great.
Apr 10, 2022 5:41 PM
Jun 2021
I think there were some anime only scenes in this episode
Apr 10, 2022 6:26 PM
Oct 2021
The Wednesday routine is back. I needed this. It was a great first episode, truly worthy of the Komi.

I didn't expect to get Katai so quickly. And his voice was stronger than I'd imagined, I believe it justifies the scary.

And I didn't think they'd explore the Yamai v Nakanaka lore, but that's nice.

I LOVE how smooth the ED animation is. Looking forward to see the OP on the next episode.

Apr 11, 2022 10:57 AM

Aug 2021
After a 'long winter season', Komi returns with its second season. With what seemed to me an improved animation to the one shown in the first one. However, it also maintains the same "problem", the large number of frames with text on screen that become important to understand the scenes and that are not always subtitled. Unfortunately, that is something that is in the essence of this anime, so omitting them or reducing their appearance I feel would impact the anime a lot.
Apr 11, 2022 4:43 PM
Mar 2021
Komi-san is the goat
Apr 11, 2022 4:43 PM
Mar 2021
Komi-san is the goat
Apr 11, 2022 4:47 PM
Mar 2021
Interested in the new guy cos he seems pretty similar to komi san, and the main cast still fun
Apr 11, 2022 4:47 PM
Mar 2021
Interested in the new guy cos he seems pretty similar to komi san, and the main cast still fun
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2022

188 by Delixity »»
Apr 19, 12:08 PM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Feb 27

7 by nec0_0 »»
Feb 29, 4:23 AM

» Is this anime worth getting into?

Konan_Edogawa_ - Apr 10, 2022

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:48 PM

Poll: » is it even funny? ( 1 2 3 )

TamagoCracker - Apr 15, 2022

109 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Will there be a Season three

Ani-MangaReader - Jun 23, 2022

20 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.