Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Spy Kyoushitsu' Gets TV Anime

New
Mar 13, 2022 10:01 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The Fantasia Bunko Online Festival 2022 livestream announced on Sunday that Takemachi's Spy Kyoushitsu (Spy Room) is receiving a television anime adaptation. The event also announced the main staff, cast, teaser visual (pictured), and an announcement video.

Sora Amamiya (Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV)) and Yuuichirou Umehara (Tenkuu Shinpan) are starring as Lily and Klaus, respectively.

Staff
Director: Keiichirou Kawaguchi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou, SKET Dance)
Series Composition: Shinichi Inotsume (Persona 5 the Animation, Gleipnir)
Character Design: Sumie Kinoshita (Idoly Pride, Imouto sae Ireba Ii.))
Studio: feel.

Takemachi began writing the action comedy light novel in January 2020 with illustrations by Tomari under the Fujimi Fantasy Bunko imprint. Fujimi Shobo will ship the seventh volume on March 18. Yen Press licensed the light novel in English last January and will release the third volume on May 17.

Kaname Seu began drawing a manga adaptation in May 2020 on the Monthly Comic Alive magazine. Media Factory shipped the second volume on December 18. Yen Press licensed the manga in English in June and released the second volume on December 18.

Synopsis
After a gruesome war wreaked havoc on the general populace, the governments of the world turned to a more elusive tactic to further their agendas—a war fought in the shadows.

Lily, a beautiful girl with white locks, is a student in one of the many institutions that train youths into becoming capable spies. Unfortunately, despite scoring well in the written exams, she only manages to barely pass her practicals. With no real world skills to speak of, her hopes of graduating are dismal—until she is offered an opportunity to join the mysterious team "Tomoshibi" and partake in an Impassable Mission.

Excited by the prospect of working with the elite, Lily enthusiastically accepts. However, she is struck dumb when she arrives at Kagerou Palace and the true purpose of Tomoshibi and its hopeless situation comes into light. Joined by other problematic female spies along with a mysterious young man spearheading the operation, Lily realizes that this is not the ideal escapade she had pictured. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://spyroom-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @spyroom_anime

Source: animate Times

Spy Kyoushitsu on MAL
VindstotSep 7, 2022 4:00 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 13, 2022 10:02 AM

Jul 2021
The LN is alright though there could be a room of improvement when it comes to the worldbuilding and I’m not really that hyped after looking at the staff choices.. they aren’t the best I have to admit and I wish there could’ve been a better choice but oh welp can't be help. I do think studio feel. had a great resume in recent years so expect for the better or worse outcome ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 13, 2022 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
Let's goooooooo........
Hope it will be a good adaptation. 🙏
Also, hope it will adapt till the fourth volume. In my opinion, this volume is the best one to end the series for an anime adaptation.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 13, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2020
Hoping it turns out well as an adaptation. oh, and I also hope it's not as average as I found the 1st volume
Mar 13, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2020
After the abysmally of Osamake and Detective is already dead, I learnt how to keep my hopes in check with any non isekai LN adaptation announcement. But well Amamiya Sora voicing one of the main is a win for sure.
Mar 13, 2022 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
I thought it had already been announced some time ago.

Well I've been planning to read it for quite some time now, hope it doesn't go out of stock now that the anime got announced.
Mar 13, 2022 10:47 AM

Feb 2016
I guess the viewers would miss the twist of the 1st vol. The manga failed to show it and I doubt the anime would succeed.
Mar 13, 2022 10:55 AM
Aug 2021
Sora Amamiya and Yuuichirou Umehara etc, I'm getting really excited right now!
Mar 13, 2022 9:06 PM

Oct 2017
Knew this would get anime pretty fast.
Mar 13, 2022 10:16 PM

Nov 2016
oh great a anime with albino girl as the protagonist uwu
Mar 14, 2022 2:18 AM

Apr 2016
I hope this thing won't take itself too seriously, then it can be a fun to watch.
Mar 14, 2022 5:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Its strange how I remember looking at this in one of those LN/manga volume releases thread on here and the cover looked intrigiuing so I checked out the LN page and read one of the reviews and I remember how I said that this sounds really good lol

Hopefully this anime will adapt it properly though because I'd love to experience this story properly
Mar 14, 2022 7:38 AM

Jun 2019
Looks interesting, hopefully it will be good.
Mar 15, 2022 5:50 AM

Feb 2019
I'm not immediately turned off, but not curious either. Note and wait, I think.
Well I for one already loved Lain.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.