Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 17, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this episode was depressing, especially just hearing from the story told by Bosse's point of view.

Too bad the kingdoms in their world can't get along and their actions has consequences. I also felt the pain of Boji and he didn't hold back in his fight this episode. Poor kid has gone through so much shit now.
Feb 17, 2022 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverFeb 17, 2022 10:16 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 17, 2022 8:34 AM
Sep 2021
Incredible episode !

The story on Miranjo, the reunion of the secondary cast, and finally the despair in Bojji and Kage's situation + what happens to Despa...

This episode was AMAZING, and as always, extremely well written.

Congrats to WIT Studio & the Directors of this show, amazed.
Feb 17, 2022 9:47 AM
Dec 2018
that cliffhanger killed me
Feb 17, 2022 9:51 AM
Oct 2019
Hilling definitely on a pacifist run with how she's been forgiving everyone
Feb 17, 2022 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
This episode renders me speechless. And yeah that cliffhanger... usually I hate cliffhanger but to be fair, this anime could end every episode at any point and it'd still consider cliffhanger because the story is such a page turner!
Feb 17, 2022 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
So much happened this episode. Finally the start of some proper backstory on Bosse and Miranjo. And Kage going berserk. Enjoyed this week's episode a lot.
Feb 17, 2022 9:58 AM
Dec 2018
after this episode i think the real goal of this anime is to defeat the gods and the true behind ranking sistems that bosse maybe know because he never pushed for the r1 like despa said
Feb 17, 2022 10:03 AM

Dec 2020
okay yeah miranjo's story is really sad. like thats awful, and im sure there's even more to that that'll be explained from miranjo's side but.. she still hella fucked up lol. ruining peoples lives, killing them, wether they're innocent or not etc etc

i hope despa and captain aren't actually dead, but at the same time im getting tired of hilling suddenly using healing powers n shit but she ran out right? so is despa and captain really gonna die? D:
Feb 17, 2022 10:09 AM
Oct 2016
Most of this episode being backstory flashbacks is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure lots will not like that but it does help with world building and giving us history into Miranjo. Bosse telling of how he meet Miranjo by killing her father of all things. Deciding to stay and help this wizard nation with their battle against the gods. Miranjo mother being a very kind hearted person whom helped everyone she could. Battling the gods would be a tough task so its understandable they started to lose bad and needed help from a neighboring country. But of course that turned sour as the people of that country were all scumbag who took advantage of kindness. Despite the help the magic folk brought to this country they were still betrayed and especially Miranjo mother killed. Its horrible to see something like that happen but it draws a parallel to our own world.

Aside from the flashbacks we did get some heartbreaking suspense action towards the end of the episode. Bojji completely gassed from trying to fight Ouken. Not much left in him to keep going having exhausted all his energy. Hiling did send some others to help Bojji but it seems they're not here yet. Thankfully someone does arrive with the underworld guard captain and Despa. The captain trying valiantly but being jabbed by Ouken. Despa trying to hold Ouken still so the lightning can actually work but of course gets stabbed too. Bojji doing that flurry at Ouken face gave me hope but still couldn't do anything. I cried when Bojji got stabbed in the leg, the whole scene was so intense. Kage going huge is a crazy cliffhanger.
Feb 17, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit what an episode. Undoubtedly the best one till now.

It is finally confirmed for us that Bosse loves Miranjo the most, I mean he thinks of her as both child and mother.

I liked how Hiling was able to forgive everyone so easily, she has a big kokoro.

We also saw some of Miranjo's back story and man that was depressing.

That exchange between Despa and Ouken in their heads made me think that maybe Ouken is not in his right mind, I think he's not the Ouken he used to be, this immortality has made him forget who he was and for some reason he has become evil. When Ouken said, "I don't need saving now" just confirms that the immortality has taken over Ouken's mind and not just his body and he will need saving from it someday, we can also see that Ouken's eyes were lifeless and as if he was controlled by someone when Bojji broke his shield mask, the real Ouken is still somewhere there, he just needs to be saved.

Hoping that Despa doesn't die, someone call Hiling pls.

Man that Bojji and Ouken fight, top tier fight, we saw Bojji go berserk after Ouken pierced thorugh Despa and then Kage just went double berserk and transformed. It was quite sad to see Kage like that, hearing him scream like that was heart breaking. Things weren't looking pretty, my heart sank when Bojji got injured but Kage best man came to the rescue and I think he just ate Ouken? Damn.

6/5 episode, this is the first Ousama ranking epsiode that I've enjoyed to this extent, top tier episode. Next week can't come fast enough.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 17, 2022 10:43 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 17, 2022 10:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What and intense and to a certain extent brutal epsiode. Miranjo's backstory is tragic as expected and Ouken is a monster in every sense of the world
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 17, 2022 10:29 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my goodness was this episode dark almost the whole time, even for the series' standards.
Quite surprised how forgiving Hiling was, especially knowing her first reaction to what Domas and Hokuro had done was instand death penalty. I guess they are more useful alive, even with Domas' clowning around.
Finally we saw a first chunk of Miranjo's past. I really like how much detail is made for this world. I wonder if these gods have anything to do with the devil that helped Miranjo later on.
The continuation of the Ouken fight left me speechless. And now Kage went berserk.... and I demand answers! He was actually the last person to surprise me and here it goes.

lizzziziz said:
okay yeah miranjo's story is really sad. like thats awful, and im sure there's even more to that that'll be explained from miranjo's side but.. she still hella fucked up lol. ruining peoples lives, killing them, wether they're innocent or not etc etc

i hope despa and captain aren't actually dead, but at the same time im getting tired of hilling suddenly using healing powers n shit but she ran out right? so is despa and captain really gonna die? D:

Honestly I don't Hiling will get there to heal them, since she backed off and stated she's out of potion and power. Which is propably good, I think her powers would turn into a plot armor at this point. Still, Despa is one of my favorites of the cast and him dying on me is gonna hurt a lot.
RoxRokuroFeb 17, 2022 10:36 AM
Feb 17, 2022 10:38 AM
Oct 2016
I had been looking forward to this episode all week and i have to say i was disappointed. There is barely any animation in the first half of the episode. The only other time i have seen an episode with this many stills is the last episode of 3-gatsu no lion, but at least all the stills looked beautiful.
The second half of the episode was good though. Despa getting stabbed wasn't completely unexpected, but the way that it happened was, it literally interrupted the flashback. Bojji getting stabbed was more of a shock. Although I don't like seeing my boy get hurt, it is very necessary for the story. We need stakes and Bojji needs to struggle every now and then.
Feb 17, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2021
Good ep. Miranjo's backstory is getting darker. Bojji gets hurt physically and mentally, Kage goes munch munch...
Feb 17, 2022 10:44 AM
May 2020
So to Bosse Miranjo is his child, his mother?, and his mentor? Those are some weird combinations lol. But, it does answer the question about “how much he cares for her” as it seems she’s like his daughter.

The race of Gods seem to be really corrupted, I wonder if they are gonna be the last obstacles in Bojji’s quest. What the did to all of those mages were really cruel, not to mention those people of that other kingdom/village

Also, Kage altering his form based on emotion was really cool.

I’m a little sad they didn’t finish the Miranjo backstory though.
Feb 17, 2022 11:19 AM
Aug 2014
God damn masterpiece episode.
Feb 17, 2022 11:36 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Miranjo's story was really sad to see and we got to see more about Bosse too. And wow, Ouken really is extremely strong and stabs Despa and Boji. Kage seems to be entering another mode or something...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 17, 2022 11:43 AM
Mar 2021
This episode is for me the best episode for a while. Bosse's memories were the most interesting part. Can't wait to see what will happen next.
Feb 17, 2022 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
poverty is the mother of crime for sure, it becomes every man for himself

i thought it was gonna be a backstory of Miranjo only but its about her whole kingdom including her hopelessly good nature mother

being too nice makes people exploit you too

and Kage evolve or power up in the end there i think
Feb 17, 2022 11:57 AM
Nov 2020
You don't want to piss off Kage
Feb 17, 2022 12:06 PM
Oct 2019
We saw Kage's clan be used to create a portal into the Underworld, so perhaps this incredible change of form we saw at the end will not hurt Ouken but instead teleport him into the Undeworld where the order and Desha can take care of him?
Feb 17, 2022 12:11 PM

Feb 2019
Damn this episode ALMOST made me sympathetic towards miranjo and the people of houma.

I’m still a little confused on whether bosse cares for Miranjo romantically or if it’s like a sense of responsibility he feels towards her for killing her father, similar to Vinland saga.
Feb 17, 2022 12:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The emotion that comes from Bojji and Kage is just so much to try and deal with :( Man I just want them to be happy

But anyway, this episode was pretty great

I kinda understand now why Miranjo is the way she is, given what happened to her mom and her people, those Houzen people are pieces of shit (I hope she killed them all). But other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed that backstory and seeing how Bosse met her etc

Hiling continues to be best girl, and I liked seeing the rest of the gang all come together to go and assist Bojji....But man oh man, Ouken is truly a beast, and seeing Bojji go all out was awesome but alas....Immortal man Ouken is just too much

But I'm super hyped to see Kage unleashed and I'm very curious to see what this new form entails and what it can do

P.S. Poor Despa
Feb 17, 2022 12:45 PM

Sep 2018
You're forgiven! And you're forgiven! You too! Also, you're healed! And you're healed as well! Give me a break already ffs, what garbage....

Also, Miranjo's Mother is a massive clown and gets no sympathy from me.
Feb 17, 2022 1:07 PM

Mar 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
You're forgiven! And you're forgiven! You too! Also, you're healed! And you're healed as well! Give me a break already ffs, what garbage....

For real lol, I’m getting tired of all the niceness and forgiveness. Also Hiling’s reason for forgiving is because “Bojji will save us all”. LMAO

Feb 17, 2022 1:44 PM

Sep 2021
kage true form fuck yeah
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Feb 17, 2022 2:04 PM
Feb 2022
this anime's manga was written around 207-2019 it was the peak of time when the western world was crtiscizing Japan for not accepting "refugees" and pressuring to open up the border to accept millions of "refugees". The author made this part as an the answer for western people criticism of Japan and its people in terms of immigration and awareness to reader of what will happen if you give too much and didn't use your brain properly.

The Kingdom of Houma (in Japanese, the kanji of houma can mean compassion) is the metaphor of prosperous kingdom/countries in our time. The people who they helped take advantage of their kindness and resources and when the kingdom become weak because of endless helping compassion, those people who've they've helped betrayed them which can be seen now with the rise of crime domestic terrorism in the western world.
Feb 17, 2022 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
@GakutoDeathGlare

Why are you insulting a fellow colleague?
Feb 17, 2022 2:33 PM
May 2020
Bojii was desperate during this episode. the first time we saw him shout. and lets not forget about kage. shizz my guy ate up an immortal
Feb 17, 2022 2:33 PM

Jul 2015
Watching father's memories.
Calm down, Eren.

Feb 17, 2022 2:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
What an asshole of a kingdom Gyakuza is, geez

Although granted, the people of Houma were really TOO kind for their own good, especially Miranjo's mother. Like call me cold-hearted by I wouldn't invest all my resources on a group of real sketchy-looking people. I guess they were just really trying to hammer home the fact that Houma was undoubtedly very, very kind. Too kind.

So we certainly get a lot of answers in this episode, but it doesn't feel like we're close yet to seeing the full picture. We know the motivations of Bosse and Miranjo being, well, each other, but their intentions as a whole are still not totally clear.

also yeah old news I know but the op and ed are just freaking beautiful, sound and visuals

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 17, 2022 2:44 PM

Feb 2014
Kage going full on VENOM there. Defeat darkness with darkness.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 17, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2021
Excellent episode; we got a lot of Miranjo and Bosse's backstory. We know more about them tho we have yet to learn how the relationship between them deepened.

On the other side, we have Hiling forgiving and healing people, left and right while Bojji is getting tired and about to lose. Luckily tho, Despa returns and saves the day. Or not. Guess we gotta now rely on Kage's powerup. Finally, I was waiting for this guy to receive one of his own and its here. Curious to see what he got tho I think he can probably control shadows now.

Best episode so far, coz of the backstory. 5/5

Feb 17, 2022 2:55 PM
Mar 2021
Oh well the backstory is pretty dark. I wonder where Bosse was in that time.

Bojji sure is very strong but Ouken durability as immortal is different league.
Feb 17, 2022 2:55 PM
Oct 2021
Well Ouken misses vitals on purpose in order to watch people suffer as they die so Despa and the Captain are still alive for now...
Feb 17, 2022 3:32 PM
Feb 2022
BetaMaleUltra said:
What an asshole of a kingdom Gyakuza is, geez

Although granted, the people of Houma were really TOO kind for their own good, especially Miranjo's mother. Like call me cold-hearted by I wouldn't invest all my resources on a group of real sketchy-looking people. I guess they were just really trying to hammer home the fact that Houma was undoubtedly very, very kind. Too kind.

So we certainly get a lot of answers in this episode, but it doesn't feel like we're close yet to seeing the full picture. We know the motivations of Bosse and Miranjo being, well, each other, but their intentions as a whole are still not totally clear.

also yeah old news I know but the op and ed are just freaking beautiful, sound and visuals

gyakuza symbolize people in modern world where after being helped, they bit back when they don't have anything they can drain from aka fake rfgees
Feb 17, 2022 3:41 PM

Jul 2021
This episode was very good and very tense.
The episode left me very curious and anxious to know what happened in the end, probably, with the Kage.
asdasdsadad
Feb 17, 2022 4:06 PM

Jan 2021
Kage finally powered up
Feb 17, 2022 4:24 PM
Oct 2021
I want to hate Muranjo because what she did but i cant. And same thing with Ouken. I want to hate him for what he did in this eps but i just cant hate him too.
Feb 17, 2022 4:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
We got a bit of backstory on Miranjo and how King Bosse met her although we still don't know how she ended up inside the mirror. Ouken proves to be too much for Bojji. Despa tried to sacrifice himself to kill Ouken, but he gets stabbed instead. Kage goes into berserk out of desperation to protect Bojji.

Damn that cliffhanger.
Feb 17, 2022 4:44 PM

Sep 2020
I'm recalling what Daida saw and heard the first time he met child Miranjo inside that dark zone and I get the feeling that Miranjo's backstory is going to get grimer.
Kyuuziel said:
I want to hate Muranjo because what she did but i cant. And same thing with Ouken. I want to hate him for what he did in this eps but i just cant hate him too.

Ouken completely lost his sense of self so I don't think anyone can condemn whatever barbarity he commits now.
His brothers want to put him to rest but that's easier said than done.
Feb 17, 2022 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like Kage-kun is 'bout to do something crazy. 👀

A handful of interesting twists and turns all over the episode and brutal cliffhanger but exquisite episode nonetheless. 🤤
Feb 17, 2022 4:48 PM

Jul 2011
The wars against Gods subplot is interesting seeing that the Underworld brothers killed the last God. Now is interesting how the other were killed, with Houma being ambushed.

Now how strong is even the number 1 on the ranking, seeing that Dessa can command a thunder strike from (insert how long was that full gallop travel between both kingdoms), which is nothing less than overpowered.

Now that Despa arrived, is 3 of the 4 Devas that are dragging feet to help Bojji.
Feb 17, 2022 5:00 PM

Mar 2016
So much hilarious crying and melodrama everywhere. Miranjo’s backstory didn’t faze me at all when I reached that part in the manga and sure didn’t do anything here, either.
This series really loses focus when it comes to handling empathy for the characters, in addition to the already prevalent issues with the inconsistent characterization of the cast in general. That last part with Kage and Boiji being forced into a pitch against Ouken rubbed me the wrong way and felt like a blatant setup for Kage’s emotional outburst transforming him into...whatever the hell that was. The emotional manipulation here felt so hamfisted, it’s more irritating, instead.
At least the Gods’ backstory seemed slightly interesting.
Feb 17, 2022 5:00 PM

Aug 2020
Kage buff? I'm so curious for next week's episode

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 17, 2022 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
This episode felt like it had the same brand of quality as the older ones in term of look but it was actually kinda... bad. You can still see some of the first part's greatness in some scenes, but the overall pacing/scene flow/script has been on a constant downgrade ever since the second part of the show started.

Dunno if it's a problem with Wit or the original material.

Feb 17, 2022 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
Freaking Yuuki Kaji's character seeing the memories of another father lol.

Another good episode. We got to know the first half of Miranjo's backstory and as expected, it was considerably dark. I don't feel any sympathy for her mother tho. I mean, there is a limit regarding how naive one can be.
Anyways, we still have to see the part where Miranjo meets the devil so I hope next episode addresses that.
Feb 17, 2022 7:37 PM

Jun 2019
It’s time for me to face reality, my hype for this series has all but diminished.

This arc has become too dragged out and has become one sob story after another. I legitimately think that somebody cries in every single episode. It was effective at first, but now it’s just played out.

At least Kage finally did something.
Feb 17, 2022 7:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, finally they touch a little bit of Miranjo backstory, and how Bosse first met the family of her. As already told little bit with the god of underworld story and how he death in the hands of his own child, this also expanded more of the story of the evil gods whose enslaved the humanity and how some nation, the magic nation, put a fight against that. Bosse being witnessed with those situations and couldn't lend a good hand proved there's something wrong at the end of the story. Houma kingdom get betrayed by the supposed-to-be ally, and its might lead Bosse into having an aggreement with devil being to put an end to gods dominations, as long as its for own Miranjo safety. But, lets save it for later story, because there's still Ouken that needs to put an end first. Bojji down tireful, not different with captain, and Despa for the last. Even the lightning comes from Desha won't stop Ouken now. While Despa almost got it, but something bugged at the end kinda be a more question for later. So, its all left to Kage to finally show-off his sole appearance to save the day. Can his shadowness eat everything out from Ouken? I doubt it, but lets pray for goodness!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.