Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which would you choose?
Feb 12, 2022 7:27 PM

May 2017
I never asked this before, but which one would you pick?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2022 1:44 AM

Mar 2021
I've never had an iPhone, so Android. (Tbf, I've had many problems with Androids over the years.)

Feb 13, 2022 3:06 AM

Nov 2019
Android. Imagine not having a headphone jack and charge 800$.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Feb 13, 2022 3:08 AM

Sep 2020
imo iphones are just too limited with what they allow. but if you just want a phone to use, then an iphone would probably be the simplest route

depends on what you want out of a phone
Feb 13, 2022 4:54 AM

Sep 2020
android all the way,my mom broke my i phone 5 when i was a child
Feb 13, 2022 7:06 PM

Dec 2014
I've had an Android for the past decade but I've been considering going for the next IPhone as my next one since I'm in need of an upgrade.
Feb 13, 2022 9:14 PM

Sep 2014
Android, same reason why I like Windows > Mac

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Feb 13, 2022 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
revzy said:
Android. Imagine not having a headphone jack and charge 800$.

to be fair, neither does the flagships from Samsung and Google have a headphone jack. Yes, even the Galaxy Z Fold 3 that every android user seem to praise head to toe as the greatest invention ever made doesn't have one. And it was $2000 when it was released. edit: I checked, and Xiaomi's flagship, the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold also doesn't have a headphone jack.

So I agree.
Imagine not having a headphone jack and charge 2000$.

i love how android fanboys complain about Apple removing the headphone jack, but as soon as a company like Samsung and Google does the same, suddenly it's not a big deal.

edit:
as for my own view, these days, phones have advanced so much that you really can't go wrong with either, provided that you get a flagship. Well, in the case of Samsung, you're better off getting the S20/S20 Ultra because Samsung removed the expandable storage option starting with Galaxy S21.

If you like to use Japanese apps and play Japanese mobile games, an iPhone is probably a better choice due to better app support - because most people in Japan seem to use an iPhone, one can expect that there is better app support for the iOS version.

Pixel does offer the option of removing people and objects when taking photos though advanced AI, which is certainly something to consider.

There are certainly pros and cons for choosing one or the other and really depends on what you want from your phone.
DreamingBeatsFeb 13, 2022 10:26 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 14, 2022 4:28 PM

Mar 2008
The only advantage to iPhone I see is they are one of the few brands to still make smaller screens in certain models. Everything else these days is around 6 inches in size or larger. Only other company making smaller screens now is Ulefone. I mean why the hell are these idiot companies making phones that cant comfortably fit in your pocket? WTF? It's like they are bringing back the 80s brick phone. Plus if you want it repaired for an unreasable cost it can be done right in an Apple store instead of having it shipped off to a manufacturer which risks it getting lost with all your personal info on it.

Main advantage of Android is custom ROMs of Android so you can get Google off your ass if you're willing to risk bricking your phone if something goes wrong in process.

@Revzy
@DreamingBeats
The trend of removing things like headphone jacks and expandable storage is because they are more likely to fail. Plus with headphone jack gone they more easily push their matching Bluetooth earbuds. That's why it started in top of line models not budget models. Sim cards is another thing they are trying to phase out which is a terrible idea. Non removable battery trend is both to keep the battery in place better and to force people to get new phones more frequently as the battery quality degrades iPhone had pushed out some bad updates to some older iPhones at one point to make them slow down to try and force people to get new phones. The trend of wireless charging also is an attempt at eliminating device part failures because the USB connection over time can become bent but this totally is ignoring the negative environmental and financial impact of the more inefficient wireless charging that uses induction. I hate this timeline we are in.
Feb 14, 2022 6:51 PM

Feb 2022
When I had a choice between iPhone and Android I chose Android. I decided not to overpay, although I understand that I will not get that image quality, still android is more flexible in settings and you can find a sufficient number of interesting applications.
Feb 15, 2022 11:49 AM

Feb 2022
I got accustomed to the features of my android and I don't think I can switch to IPhone any time soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2022 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
I prefer Samsung or LG to iPhones. Everyone knows that iPhones are Chinese and I refuse to buy anything with a Made In China logo on it.

I also refuse to buy phones assembled in China or phones made with Chinese parts. Everyone knows that Made In China is the epitome of defective.

Give me a Chinese or part Chinese phone and it will go straight to the garbage.
Feb 22, 2022 3:22 AM

Jan 2021
Latest iphone (13) is pretty good ngl, I looked at the specs and they are ridiculously good

But why buy phone when you can buy good computer for the same money

I think flip phones and phones without OS are the best, cause they do just the job you need from a phone
Feb 22, 2022 3:29 AM

Nov 2021
I changed my phone from android to iPhone a year ago and I’m happy that I changed it, so it’s iPhone for me
Feb 22, 2022 3:52 AM

Nov 2021
Not a fan of the iphone tho i like the apple brand

"But with a twist ending like this,
I think we can all agree this ended up
being a very interesting mystery
"

-Poison -劇薬-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 05:34
Feb 22, 2022 4:21 PM
Mar 2017
Used to use a Windows Phone 8/8.1 for a while until the battery kept failing, the store closing didn't bother me that much though seeing what games were emulation was 'interesting' as didn't realise at first but did eventually.

Switched to an Android after that. Never used a Blackberry or Linux phone but see reason for them.

Also Nokia Android works fine enough for generic flavour of Android, that being why do I need a case and expensive phones with screens that break. Never had one break, don't care for top of the line at all. I always laugh at the 'look at this case for this samsung phone and throwing it' ad and going ha I don't need such a thing.

Android
Phone choices
Can install whatever I want/sideload with certain ones.
Sometimes accessing the file system can be alright other times it can be annoying but I work my way around it.

iPhones have their place but other than the life support of them I haven't really considered one, or a Mac even.

I assume iPhones are more locked down (not as much as a Blackberry used to be I assume but still in some way) making it hard to do certain things, that has its benefits for sure but sometimes it can be annoying.
Suntanned_Duck2Jun 4, 2023 6:48 PM
Mar 3, 2022 12:18 PM

Jan 2021
Based on what I experienced,I'd pick android and especially Samsung.I had before iPhone x and I had a lot of problems with it,I replaced it with Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra and the differences were huge.Samsung>IPhone
Mar 3, 2022 4:05 PM

Feb 2020
Android, and I'm pretty brand loyal to Alcatel.
Mar 7, 2022 12:24 PM

Sep 2021
I've never even bought my own phone, because I've always been given my brother's old iPhones, and just as I was about to buy an Android, my brother randomly bought me some AirPods, so now I'm further entrenched in the Apple ecosystem than I ever wanted to be (and I don't really like Apple products that much to begin with lol).
how does this work exactly?
Mar 9, 2022 12:34 AM

Aug 2016
I prefer the customizability of an Android and also the possibility of downloading apk files with ease

Mar 9, 2022 12:46 AM

May 2013
I had both. Android is definitely a lot better because I can actually store my documents instead of putting it in a cloud when my area has trash internet so it's useless. Apple is too damn restrictive and this made a problem when I tried to print some photos in a print store. A lot of things that I could do with my symbian Nokia before I couldn't do in the iPhone. Xiaomi and Samsung are way better in terms of functionality, storage and ease.
Mar 20, 2022 5:06 AM

Oct 2020
Android. I like it because you can flash custom ROMs and root it, etc. And it's technically based off of Linux, so +10 based points. I've rooted all the 'droid phones I have till date, my current phone (Redmi 7A) is also rooted, though rooting in droid 9 and above is more time consuming/tedious than android 5 and below. My first time rooting was with some phone I forgor, but it's droid version was 4.4 kitkat. And I rooted out of necessity cus anything below droid 5' is basically not viable unless you root it.
I've used an iPhone 6 and while I love the UI and overall fast response, but their firmware is locked (you can unlock it but it's fcking tedious and not that worth to do), and in general I've used android way more than I ever have for iOS phones, so I may be a little biased here but I prefer android.
Mar 20, 2022 5:08 AM

Jun 2020
Never use iPhone so for now Android
Mar 23, 2022 9:16 PM

Jul 2021
iPhone if you want to do simple things and are okay to pay for any extra capabilities. Android if you want to spend the time to learn and want control.
Apr 8, 2022 2:41 PM

Sep 2007
Been using android and in into the coming years.
Apr 15, 2022 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
Android, but my phone is basically a Walkman, and I've gotten in the habit of streaming music instead of locally storing it, so I can go either way these days.

Apr 30, 2022 1:17 AM

Oct 2020
Android.
Been using it for years now, and i at least get a charger when i buy a new phone
May 4, 2022 7:20 AM

Sep 2018
I chose Android since
-The price per power is not overly inflated like iphone
-Emulation is very simple with no jail breaking needed.
-Easier to customize
May 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
None. Smartphones were a mistake.
May 4, 2022 7:24 AM

Jan 2018
Unless you want to mess with your phone then Iphone is better
May 4, 2022 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
i've always used android
iphone is woww pretty but as bad as any other company, breaks easily and it's like if the CCP was software.
i'm still giving all my data to an evil company, i use google, but atleast i have complete control over my phone. i've also dropped this thing on concrete and other hard surfaces and it's only got paint scratches/dents, i don't even use a case or screen protector..
May 4, 2022 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
Well I use iPhone since I want something pretty simple to get my head around and I've had this same iPhone se 2016 for a long time. I haven't updated with any iPhone iOS or new models. And I don't think I've ever had an Android in my possession.
May 4, 2022 4:24 PM

Feb 2010
Huh? O_o

After trying them both on mobile devices, I find iPhone is vastly superior for things like productivity and everyday usability. It's not even close. And I never had one break or show any problems even with years of use, and even the old models are still good and even useable. My iPhone 5 was still perfectly useable last year and had great aps for music and stuff which I use on a modern iPhone- I didn't even need (or want) to upgrade but I did because I got an offer for a new phone lol.

Although when it comes to long-term usage, same is true for Android. Phones and tablets can last a long time if you take care of em and do occasional upkeep (replace battery etc).

The built in iCloud and Photos is kinda meh tho compared to other cloud services, but you can install better services on the iPhone so its not a big deal.

But if you were to have a gaming tablet, or even use the phone for gaming, it's definitely be better to use Android.

May 4, 2022 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
Android since there is more free stuff and customization like if the phone becomes obsolete you can put some Custom Android ROMS on it to at least make the Android Version the latest or updated
May 4, 2022 11:12 PM

Aug 2015
I've only owned three smart phones in the last 10 or 12 years, all were Android. First was a Motorola Droid X, then a Samsung Galaxy 6, and finally a Samsung Galaxy S10e. I've never had a problem with any of them, but I also take pretty good care. We use iPhones at work and I really don't enjoy using them as much, but that could also be a lack of more intimate familiarization.

Its not as much of a problem as it was in the early days, but I still come across stuff only available on iPhone, which is a little annoying. I also grew to resent Apple products as overpriced hyped up social events over the years, rather than anything considerably better than the competition.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
May 6, 2022 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
I for one, like to choose a ringtone and customize my phone without paying, so Android all the way
Sep 5, 2022 2:12 PM

Nov 2011
BakaToGundam said:
I for one, like to choose a ringtone and customize my phone without paying, so Android all the way

i remember adding a custom anime ringtone on my iphone. you just need to convert a sound to a ringtone format using a 3rd party software and add it via itunes. i haven't tried adding again, but i think it should still be possible.

edit: i just tried it and yes, you can add a custom ringtone to an iPhone.
steps:
1) make sure the sound file is no longer than 40 seconds
2) convert the file to m4a, and then rename the file extension to m4r
3) connect the iphone to pc, open itunes and drag the m4r files to the Tones section
DreamingBeatsSep 5, 2022 3:22 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Sep 5, 2022 3:06 PM

Dec 2019
iPhone cause iOS operating system is so much smoother and cleaner. I don't dislike android though, I use a T20 Tablet for reading manga which feels MUCh more convenient than reading off phone/unrotatable monitor, highly recommended
Jun 2, 2023 9:02 AM

Nov 2019
I'm the most loyal Android phone user
Jun 2, 2023 10:11 AM

Nov 2018
I always had and have an android.
Jun 3, 2023 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
I've had both and they're both great in their own ways but I give the slight edge to Android.
Jun 3, 2023 12:58 PM
Jun 2023
Android. It does what I need and is much cheaper.
Jun 19, 2023 5:33 AM

Sep 2020
i had an iPhone once but my mom broke it since then i have been an android user
Jun 19, 2023 3:57 PM
Aug 2016
Never had a iPhone, but I don't think I'll get one in the near future either. I am really happy with Android phones.
Jun 20, 2023 4:26 AM
Osmanthus Mage

Apr 2020
Android. I want a phone that just works and provides my basic needs. I don't really know the benefits of having a phone that is too restrictive and unnecessarily expensive aside from flexing it... which is... kind of stupid...

Signatures are too distracting

^ visit my webby ^

Jun 20, 2023 4:51 AM

Aug 2009
*a year and two months later*

I went back to local storage for music since albums and artists that I like keep getting removed from streaming services, so I need a phone that allows for SD card expansion as I rip more and more albums from YouTube Music.

Jun 20, 2023 6:53 AM

Mar 2012
Android simply because it's cheaper, I don't want to spend a fortune on a phone.
Jun 20, 2023 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
FacelessVixen said:

I went back to local storage for music since albums and artists that I like keep getting removed from streaming services, so I need a phone that allows for SD card expansion as I rip more and more albums from YouTube Music.

the more well known brands such as Google Pixel and OnePlus never included support for an external sd card from what i've read. Even Samsung dropped sd card option since Galaxy S21. phones from Motorola, Xiaomi and Huawei still support sd card...for now. Google never added the option to expand storage, probably to up-sell on their online storage service (just like Apple!). Xiaomi and Huawei gives you the option, with the trade off being all of your data is probably being sent to the cpp (whether i'm joking or not, i'll let you decide)

Maou_heika said:
Android simply because it's cheaper

In the US, you can get the base iphone model for no additional cost with a paid phone plan from major carriers. also, you can trade-in older iphones for newer models, so most people don't actually pay the sticker price. as for androids being cheaper, that depends on the particular model. there are cheap android phones, but there are also android phones that cost almost 3000 dollars.

Jun 20, 2023 8:30 AM

Mar 2012
DreamingBeats said:
Maou_heika said:
Android simply because it's cheaper

In the US, you can get the base iphone model for no additional cost with a paid phone plan from major carriers. also, you can trade-in older iphones for newer models, so most people don't actually pay the sticker price. as for androids being cheaper, that depends on the particular model. there are cheap android phones, but there are also android phones that cost almost 3000 dollars.
I don't live in the US, iPhone here costs around $964 and the android phone which I bought 4 years ago costed me around $80. I buy the cheap ones so I'm obviously talking about those.
Jun 20, 2023 2:27 PM

Aug 2009
DreamingBeats said:
FacelessVixen said:

the more well known brands such as Google Pixel and OnePlus never included support for an external sd card from what i've read. Even Samsung dropped sd card option since Galaxy S21. phones from Motorola, Xiaomi and Huawei still support sd card...for now. Google never added the option to expand storage, probably to up-sell on their online storage service (just like Apple!). Xiaomi and Huawei gives you the option, with the trade off being all of your data is probably being sent to the cpp (whether i'm joking or not, i'll let you decide)

Samsung's Galaxy A series of phones still have the option, give or take a headphone jack, and Sony's Xperia phones. But yeah, that's about it these days. Getting an iPod from Elite Obsolete Electronics is looking more like an inevitability.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
3 hours ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
8 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

13 by Strahan »»
8 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.