Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2022 9:08 AM

Jul 2017
Work comes, and there's freebies to be had if Sales is engaged in some form of contract or another, and that's on Tatsuru the Badaryman to answer to the other departments like Toru Usuyama's QA department. Also, how did Mikoto's proposal of Green Onion Ginger Ale got the approval for New Product Planning?

A business trip that's disguised as a training camp for the Sunlight Beverage badminton team, but Mikoto still has aways to go with his Sales planning since he isn't at all adept on the business side just yet, like a proposal. It can work under the right hands, even going as far as to brainstorm through a SWOT analysis to teach the newbie and put those ideas together to make a compelling product using Ramune bottles. Of course, Mikoto struggled badly with it.

Naked brotherly friendship baths to discuss work and badminton, and Mikoto felt like he had to release his past worries reluctantly to Tatsuru. But none is more important than celebrating Mikoto's 20th birthday with company-centric craft beer which broke his alcoholic virginity for the first time...into drunkenness, and sending everyone into a frenzy with Mikoto's SWOT analysis on them. Mikoto literally roasting and complementing them (except for Tatsuru), it was funny.

It's back to more practice for the upcoming competition, and there's no time to waste for the corporate badminton tournament spanning the rest of the series going forward.
KANLen09Feb 13, 2022 4:32 AM
Feb 12, 2022 10:28 AM

Feb 2020
Entertaining episode again. That birthday party was fun. :D
Feb 12, 2022 10:53 AM
Sep 2015
Onsen episode = instant 5 stars

And you can tell that they're trying to give Miyazumi's manservice (just in case you still don't remember the name, he's our MC's current partner)

I think Tomari company is based on Tokio Marine, but I don't remember them being a transport company. It could be Yamato Transport considering that Tomari logo look like a Lion (Yamato logo is two cats).
phantomfandomFeb 12, 2022 10:57 AM
Feb 12, 2022 11:25 AM

Feb 2019
they finally get to have some fun before the tournament
Feb 12, 2022 12:15 PM

Aug 2019
The highlight of this episode was Tatsuru's abs.
Feb 12, 2022 1:05 PM

Nov 2019
Mikoto was lucky winning the competition with his niche idea of a new beverage flavour

Their training camp is. different to put it lightly

The Baddary men do have some work to do as teachers, they took over and lost poor Mikoto while using the SWOT technique. He sure did catch on eventually, giving a novel idea which was then typed up slowly

Mikoto opening up to Tatsuru was a touching moment, they sure are growing well as a duo

That 20th birthday party seems like a blast~! The drunken antics were hilarious, especially since he never complemented Tatsuru, only roasted him more lmao

A fun episode before we get to the tournament
Feb 12, 2022 2:32 PM

Apr 2009
Finally some focus on the salaryman stuff.

Could have expanded the onsen scene with all the characters to be honest.

Feb 12, 2022 4:08 PM

Jun 2019
Ok episode. Seeing them work on the project proposal and Mikoto get drunk was solid enough. The fanservice and poor portrayal of how Mikoto’s partner got injured were the low points.
Feb 12, 2022 6:17 PM

Sep 2018
Is that beer an actual brew in Japan? Felt like a marketing ploy. Pretty average anime so far.
Feb 12, 2022 7:29 PM

Mar 2016
Just 20? Wow, he's young! I thought he was 25 or something!

This is heading in a different direction than I thought it would, and I am not sure how I will feel about it. I hope it will be good. I don't want to dislike an anime with adults! There are already far too little stories with adult characters!

None of the jokes landed for me in the drunk scene. But, at least I was able to appreciate the way they showed Shiratoi's face and neck flushed red like he was completely pissed.

I am conflicted about the onsen scene. On one hand, I don't like gratuitous fan service. But, on the other hand, this episode didn't have much of a story, so I feel it should not matter here. But then, on my third demonic hand, I like naked guys, and the scene was kind of hot. lol
Feb 12, 2022 7:32 PM

Dec 2020
loved that swot part. both the one where they're sober and the one where they're drunk

cant wait for the training arc :DD mikoto drunk criticizing them definitely will help
Feb 12, 2022 8:45 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, they be doing SWOT Analysis in here lmao. Was expecting some more badminton, but we got a work focused episode, which is nice too.
Feb 12, 2022 9:09 PM

Jan 2021
I'm glad they were focusing more on the salaryman stuff. The SWOT bit and the gang's interactions were really endearing. Stuff like this helps set it apart from your high school sports anime.
Feb 13, 2022 1:49 AM
Oct 2021
Pretty eyes at the end ๐Ÿ‘€
Feb 13, 2022 3:32 AM
Feb 2022
KANLen09 said:
With the loss to Unisics, the Sunlight Beverage badminton team is on a retreat. It's back to the drawing board to assess the team's performance, and nice to see the SWOT analysis being used, though Mikoto feels like he needs some substance to go.

This is a retreat for the badminton guys, more importantly to flesh out Mikoto's character that has skills like Hanebado!'s Nagisa Aragaki but has worries like Re-Main's Minato Kyomizu. Well, a surprise to celebrate the newbie's birthday, and he got severely drunk to give everyone a scolding down. Not gonna lie, that's funny to watch.

Well, a bit of a resting episode, the calm before yet another storm. The next competition isn't faraway.

I loved this episode. It was a lot of fun. Especially when corporate newbie Mikoto asked what's a project proposal. It is so relatable with newbie interns. This ep is like a business lesson. We get an overview of what QA is, what SWOT stands for. I can assure you I can never forget about SWOT until my death. And maybe I can use this classification system in my future business as well ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

And what's that banner you've added at the bottom? How do you do that?
Feb 13, 2022 3:46 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty decent episode! It literally had everything, company stuff, hanging out, a bit of badminton in the end, lol. Made me have same feels as Run with the wind. The guys from the same company are rather helpful with the job side of things, which is super nice.
No idea about SWOT analysis either, so i had same expressions as the MC when that thing was presented/discussed. LOL!
Pretty cool they add stuff in there like that.

FuMomo-kun said:
Just 20? Wow, he's young! I thought he was 25 or something!l

So he was 19 after all! Someone mentioned him being 19 in the 1rst episode discussion. Since the MC is 20, and his partner is 32, the end scene of the first episode makes sense. If you don't know what i'm talking about there is an endscene in the first episode where the MC is around 9 years old and he meets the same guy who is his partner now, probably his partner was 22 then.
Pretty interesting to end up playing with a person who was just a kid when you first met him.
LylaazFeb 13, 2022 3:54 AM
Feb 13, 2022 4:22 AM

Mar 2016
Lylaaz said:

FuMomo-kun said:
Just 20? Wow, he's young! I thought he was 25 or something!l

So he was 19 after all! Someone mentioned him being 19 in the 1rst episode discussion. Since the MC is 20, and his partner is 32, the end scene of the first episode makes sense. If you don't know what i'm talking about there is an endscene in the first episode where the MC is around 9 years old and he meets the same guy who is his partner now, probably his partner was 22 then.
Pretty interesting to end up playing with a person who was just a kid when you first met him.

Oh my god, that was the protagonist? lol. I thought it was a random scene added for comedy!
Feb 13, 2022 5:48 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, the birthday party was funny and the company brackets look like they could have a rematch with Unisics soon. Digging this one so far.
Feb 13, 2022 7:46 AM

Oct 2008
episode's lacking badminton action huh...MC types so slow! how the heck is he a salaryman! wew!
4/5.

Feb 13, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
As a MBA student, I should say this episode was perfect and hilarious!!
From next episodes, tournament matchs!!
Feb 13, 2022 8:06 AM

Jun 2020
Didn’t expect them to literally use the SWOT analysisใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

Tatsu’s sweet ass โฬดฬ›แด—โฬดฬ›

I think the fact that the onsen scene only featured Tatsu & Mikoto, where the latter shared something heavy in his life, and didn’t just bring all the characters into the onsen naked — did it really just seem like fan service to some? Lol…..

Glad that Mikoto is slowly opening up & trusting his ai boโ™ก

So Mikoto is a raging drunkใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ I laughed at THanK uUuuuUuuuuuu~~~~~~ Enoki Junya is really greatใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ It’s the same reason why I love his voice so much even in JJK as Yuuji, he can be so goofy yet at solemn & heavy scenes he conveys the mood so well. I love his voiceโ™ก

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Feb 13, 2022 10:55 AM
Jul 2016
Very mild and fun episode. Seeing Mikoto drunk after pouring his heart out abt his problems was definitely funny and wholesome, it's nice to see him loosen up to his colleagues. Just chill out, Mikoto.
All the MCs are great, but Tatsu definitely won my heart lol
I was expecting Mikoto's former partner to appear in this episode, but it seems we're going to see him very soon.
Feb 13, 2022 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was more focused on the salaryman part this time and it was a good one at that, too. Although he complains about it a bit, birthday boy Mikoto didn't do too bad for himself as his suggestion for the new product and the brainstorming he and the others did was fun to watch.

Not just that, but he opened up to Tatsuru while in the hot springs about why he's afraid to jump back while on the badminton court was because he collided with his partner during the inter-high competition in the past due to a lack of communication and observation between each other. It was nice to see Tatsuru cheering up Mikoto with his positive and charismatic personality by declaring that he has Mikoto's back on the court.

Plus, the best part of the episode was when Mikoto had his first taste of alcohol and it turned him into a Gordon Ramsey-style badminton critic. XD

Either way, I look forward to seeing how well our group will get on in the tournament. =)
Feb 14, 2022 1:45 AM

Aug 2020
phantomfandom said:

I think Tomari company is based on Tokio Marine, but I don't remember them being a transport company. It could be Yamato Transport considering that Tomari logo look like a Lion (Yamato logo is two cats).

Tomari is a reference to the Tonami Transport Co. Ltd. A number of members of the Japanese National Badminton Team are from the Tonami Badminton Club. Tonami’s logo is a panther.

KusoKao20Feb 14, 2022 1:52 AM
Feb 19, 2022 12:14 AM

Jun 2019
Well, this episode was more on the company's side of things and less on the Badminton side. But, it was quite alright. Mikoto finally confessed why he was scared of jumping and Tatsuru as usual told him to not worry. Also, the birthday part was funny.
Feb 19, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
pretty funny episode but at the same i feel like it's trying to tell me how fun being a salaryman is...which is uh, so im just not reading too much into all the corporate shilling
Feb 20, 2022 2:26 AM

Dec 2013
Oh I love this! We were able to know more about Mikoto lol. The other bois were really nice to help a grandpa like him lol

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Feb 22, 2022 3:07 PM
Dec 2020
Less sports, more humor in this episode.. but still great! We're getting more character development for Mikoto which was nice. Overall, a very nice and enjoyable episode.
Mar 22, 2022 6:38 PM
Oct 2019
everything about this episode was great. everything

green onion ginger ale...

bumping this series to an 8/10 after this episode
Apr 2, 2022 12:57 AM

Jan 2020
Ruthless Mikoto slandered them all without a shred of remorse. I really like the team culture and the healthy balanced work/badmiton relationship as well, makes watching this show even more relaxing.

The backstory of Mikoto could have been a little more dramatic, but ok.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 17, 2022 1:06 AM

May 2020
Liked the workplace focused aspect of this episode. Kind of insane that being good at badminton is all it takes to get a job as a salesperson.

Don't really care for Shiratori's backstory though. I mean I guess it has to be a given that at least one of the protagonists of a sports anime/manga has to be an genius edgelord but Shiratori's reasons for being one are weak, even by the standards of sports anime.
Apr 21, 2022 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
i can't stop laughing on the birthday part >< i love this ep especially it shows their side of being salarymen. just watched this series because of the badminton sport but now i'm gaining new info about sales and that's pretty cool :">
May 22, 2022 12:41 AM

Jul 2015
Drunk Shiratori truly is fearsome, performing a whole SWOT analysis on his teammates. Honestly, they should've filmed that part to besides his first time taking a sip.

Jun 8, 2022 8:58 PM

Apr 2016
This is like two boring shows happening at the same time with the salarymen part being the slightly more entertaining one because it looks like an ad for some beverage company lol.
Oct 3, 2022 11:03 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, Mikoto's old partner had the endurance of a stick.
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2022
Mumbo industry standards, jumbo sales pitch... This is more like a workplace sol rather than sports.

I can't get excited for the games without the buildup too. And the characters are the real deal, no fun office workers, lol.
Old dude's clinginess is nauseating.

Also I don't like the absence of ladies in the office.

If you want to make bl just make bl, don't label it sports and lure in shonen fans, gaawwddd!!!
This is like run with the wind.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2022

50 by ankara »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:47 AM

» Ryman club broadcast in Malaysian TV

RMX_90 - Nov 2, 2023

3 by Cellider »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 26, 2022

12 by vidrar_sky »»
Mar 18, 2023 8:00 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.